March 28, 2024, 01:52:38 PM

Author Topic: TTFA launches official website.  (Read 7301 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFA launches official website.
« on: October 31, 2015, 04:59:12 AM »
TTFA launches official website.
By Sean Taylor (Express).

Fans of the Soca Warriors worldwide will have more access to their favourite team, as the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association formally launched its official website at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain, yesterday.

The site--www.ttfootball.org--is designed to facilitate users who are using either a mouse, trackpad or a touchscreen according to Shaun Fuentes, media officer with the TTFA.

“Fans will also be able to access our online store in the coming weeks to purchase the official Trinidad and Tobago authentic kits, replicas and supporters merchandise,” he said.

“The website will include high-quality images of the players of the national team in action, with updated news and feature stories, player profiles, the latest videos inclusive of interviews, behind-the-scenes footage and game highlights of our national teams and different TTFA events.”

The official site was a joint venture with Clever Outdoor Advertising and the TTFA Marketing Team.

RELATED NEWS

TTFA website launched
T&T Newsday

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association launched their new website “www.ttfootball.org”, alongside a broad branding and marketing strategy ahead of the 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign, yesterday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium VIP Lounge, Mucurapo.

In partnership with marketing agency Clever Outdoor Advertising limited/Clever Sports, the TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee and Clever Sports CEO Andres Cardenas, are starting a campaign that will give hope and create and develop an affinity with youths that have a dream of one day becoming a Soca Warrior.

“As we enter a new chapter in our footballing history, the TTFA intends to bring the game closer to you, our fan, our partner, the 12th Warrior, the T&T Faithful,” said Tim Kee, who recently announced his intention to go up for a second term as president.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 05:03:25 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA launches official website.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 08:06:30 AM »
beautiful website, only one thing the words "soca warriors" is seen only on the usa vs tt add, but no where else, also saw" warrior tv", is this something new??

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 08:57:50 AM »
beautiful website, only one thing the words "soca warriors" is seen only on the usa vs tt add, but no where else, also saw" warrior tv", is this something new??

A suggestion given myself and a few others to stream games live from the site

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 09:01:46 AM »
Nice site, now they need to stream games live, charge a fee if anything to get the live coverage

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 09:09:20 AM »
Nice site, now they need to stream games live, charge a fee if anything to get the live coverage

If done right I would pay for live stream.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 09:24:41 AM »
Looks no different from when I saw the beta 10 months ago... ridiculous that they delayed and delayed and delayed.  Then again, given the developments of the past ten days, maybe that was the point.  Well-played Tim Kee... Kamla-esque.  Too bad the TTFA didn't have a few houses to give out as well.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:30:04 PM by Bakes »

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 02:06:03 PM »
Not a bad site. Some tweaks here and there. But its a good start. The challenge with websites is not in the development, its in the maintenance. lets see if they can keep it current and relevant.
Of course the timing of it is all political, with TTFA Presidential elections on the horizon. watch all the Kamla-style goodies over the next few weeks. Too little too late Mr. Tim Kee.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 04:30:12 PM by sweetiepaper »
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 03:57:34 PM »
Positives here indeed.. (well done Kimmy and co) with some room for improvement, especially from a fan/social standpoint. (btw developers, check on different browsers and devices - though responsive).

Re: The challenge with websites is not in he development, its in the maintenance

I assume you mean keeping it updated with content. Simple fix.. the answer may lie right here, where you're posting (my comment above 'social/fan').

I had posted this before.. are we the "warriors" or "Soca Warriors"?

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 09:54:08 PM »
Positives here indeed.. (well done Kimmy and co) with some room for improvement, especially from a fan/social standpoint. (btw developers, check on different browsers and devices - though responsive).

Re: The challenge with websites is not in he development, its in the maintenance

I assume you mean keeping it updated with content. Simple fix.. the answer may lie right here, where you're posting (my comment above 'social/fan').

Could this be part of the whole re-branding of the national teams  or possibly fending off future legal issues pertaining to the "Soca Warriors" name?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:03:59 PM by futbolfan »
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 07:54:55 AM »

Could this be part of the whole re-branding of the national teams  or possibly fending off future legal issues pertaining to the "Soca Warriors" name?

which brings us to the question who owns "soca warriors"?? and for those who understand why google bought youtube, our talk yuh talk, socawarriors.net has a commercial value an could be on someone's radar??

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 09:57:00 AM »
Prettiness and that's about it, have nothing worth watching except for some pictures, they waste they money, they should make SWO official.

SWO for life.

SWO is the most informative and interactive T&T website it have.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2015, 04:38:23 PM »
Tim Kee son (Kareem) did the website.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2015, 08:07:58 PM »

For free?!!!

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2015, 08:35:55 PM »

For free?!!!

now that is what we call "clever marketing"...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2015, 04:02:16 AM »

For free?!!!

Tim Kee’s son definitely didn’t do the website for free. Another group did an earlier site, delivered it on time. Tim Kee hated it and demanded that his son be put in charge of all the website issues and graphic design. I heard that his son’s rates are very high and takes too long to finish projects. Imagine paying your son top dollars for a simple website when coaches and players are still owed money.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2015, 08:01:55 AM »

For free?!!!

Tim Kee’s son definitely didn’t do the website for free. Another group did an earlier site, delivered it on time. Tim Kee hated it and demanded that his son be put in charge of all the website issues and graphic design. I heard that his son’s rates are very high and takes too long to finish projects. Imagine paying your son top dollars for a simple website when coaches and players are still owed money.

A big family business, learnt well from Jack.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 10:53:10 AM »

For free?!!!

A big family business, learnt well from Jack.

CO-SIGNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 11:32:47 AM »
The end seems to be near for "baby doc" / "little Renraw".
A previously naive public is beginning to wake up.
Meanwhile Uncle Tim, usually known as a man of a few words, has been really fighting to get attention.
Iz nice to see officials pressured to get approval and wok for their privileges. Win for us.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2015, 09:36:06 PM »
Okay. So I looked over the website again. It's basically a shell. Not a bad one, that can be built on. But its really just a shell. Most of the tabs have no information or incomplete. Lack of pix. Even the teams don't  even names etc.
This is the equivalent to the Mayaro Fire station & Couva Children's Hospital.
Never mind it not ready. Rush to get it out before elections, so you have a next tick in your box.
How disappointing. Really hoped its fixed soon and not just another election ploy and desperate attempt by Tim Kee to  hold on to power.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2015, 11:28:48 PM »
Okay. So I looked over the website again. It's basically a shell. Not a bad one, that can be built on. But its really just a shell. Most of the tabs have no information or incomplete. Lack of pix. Even the teams don't  even names etc.
Never mind it not ready. Rush to get it out before elections, so you have a next tick in your box.
How disappointing. Really hoped its fixed soon and not just another election ploy and desperate attempt by Tim Kee to  hold on to power.

By my rough count, there are approximately 24 links on the website, approximately four of which are not populated, and one of which misdirects.  Counting that misdirected link nonetheless, 20 of 24 links (83%) are functional/point to populated content.  It is therefore inaccurate, say nothing of incredibly disingenuous, to state that the website is a "shell," or that "most" of the tabs have no information or are incomplete.  Speaking in your own personal capacity this reflects poorly on you.  Being that you're a campaign manager to a political opponent of the incumbent TTFA President, one might reasonably call your motives into question, casting your candidate himself in a negative light.  You probably would want to be more responsible with your comments, given your new affiliation.

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 12:30:30 AM »

By my rough count, there are approximately 24 links on the website, approximately four of which are not populated, and one of which misdirects.  Counting that misdirected link nonetheless, 20 of 24 links (83%) are functional/point to populated content.  It is therefore inaccurate, say nothing of incredibly disingenuous, to state that the website is a "shell," or that "most" of the tabs have no information or are incomplete.  Speaking in your own personal capacity this reflects poorly on you.  Being that you're a campaign manager to a political opponent of the incumbent TTFA President, one might reasonably call your motives into question, casting your candidate himself in a negative light.  You probably would want to be more responsible with your comments, given your new affiliation.

Well upfront I stated my position in another post, so I have nothing to hide. And if I'm biased, that's my right. At least I'm out in the open. But that does not take away the fact that the CONTENT is poor. And in online media Content is King. (And I can speak from a level of authority on the subject) I've said throughout that the website was not bad, just incomplete. Have you read the information on the tabs? I think not. Where there is Information most of it is irrelevant or outdated. So I guess if you don't know better you may say it's populated.
Photos & Videos Tabs -
MENS SENIOR, (1 photo)
WOMENS SENIOR, (Blank)
ADMINISTRATIVE EVENTS, (1 photo)
TTFA IN THE COMMUNITY, (Blank)
YOUTH FOOTBALL, (Blank)
Leagues & Fixtures
Only one league listed (Super League) and all the latest they have is the result from August. No fixtures
Store – Coming soon???
Don't ask for the info under the teams. I could go on. but that will take too much time.
The reality is the website needs a lot of work.
And that is coming from a SWO forumite.
My associations have nothing to do with that. But I can understand why you would think so.
Irregardless, I would continue to air my views in my personal capacity as "sweetiepaper". That's what a forum is for. I have reserved my "campaigning" for the other appropriate thread.
I've been a member here for 10 years long before my "new affiliation" as you say. So don't rush to judge me. May not be very vocal, but when I do have something to say I speak my mind. (always used to get licks for that as a child).  The website is incomplete. And that is the opinion of sweetiepaper

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 02:57:16 AM »
Well upfront I stated my position in another post, so I have nothing to hide. And if I'm biased, that's my right. At least I'm out in the open. But that does not take away the fact that the CONTENT is poor. And in online media Content is King. (And I can speak from a level of authority on the subject) I've said throughout that the website was not bad, just incomplete. Have you read the information on the tabs? I think not. Where there is Information most of it is irrelevant or outdated. So I guess if you don't know better you may say it's populated.
Photos & Videos Tabs -
MENS SENIOR, (1 photo)
WOMENS SENIOR, (Blank)
ADMINISTRATIVE EVENTS, (1 photo)
TTFA IN THE COMMUNITY, (Blank)
YOUTH FOOTBALL, (Blank)
Leagues & Fixtures
Only one league listed (Super League) and all the latest they have is the result from August. No fixtures
Store – Coming soon???
Don't ask for the info under the teams. I could go on. but that will take too much time.
The reality is the website needs a lot of work.
And that is coming from a SWO forumite.
My associations have nothing to do with that. But I can understand why you would think so.
Irregardless, I would continue to air my views in my personal capacity as "sweetiepaper". That's what a forum is for. I have reserved my "campaigning" for the other appropriate thread.
I've been a member here for 10 years long before my "new affiliation" as you say. So don't rush to judge me. May not be very vocal, but when I do have something to say I speak my mind. (always used to get licks for that as a child).  The website is incomplete. And that is the opinion of sweetiepaper

Whether the content "poor" as you say, that is subjective.  I will even grant you that it's incomplete.  To baldly state that "most of the tabs have no information or incomplete" is factually inaccurate.  You have a right to your own biases, and a right to your own opinion... but not to your own facts.  As for me judging you... i never did anything of the sort, other than to say that mischaracterizing the situation reflects poorly on you.  All this other talk about you being out in the open... how long you on the forum for and which thread you campaigning in... that I won't bother responding to as none of that is here nor there to me.

"Irregardless" is not a word.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 04:30:14 AM »
I just waste half hour on that site, no info, no team roster or statistics, most of the tabs are blanked.

Does anyone know how much Tim Kee paid his son to do the site?

We have no money to pay our players and coaches but spending money on a website that brings no income, shouldn't that money be invested better?

I really hope there is a channge in president very soon.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 01:58:17 PM »
Prettiness and that's about it, have nothing worth watching except for some pictures, they waste they money, they should make SWO official.

SWO for life.

SWO is the most informative and interactive T&T website it have.

yes, socawarriors.net should be the official online forum for fans, and a link from ttfootball.org to socawarriors.net is a must, and this is the voice of the online 12th man speaking.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 03:44:52 AM »
I just waste half hour on that site, no info, no team roster or statistics, most of the tabs are blanked.

Does anyone know how much Tim Kee paid his son to do the site?

We have no money to pay our players and coaches but spending money on a website that brings no income, shouldn't that money be invested better?

I did asked around but my source got a sudden case of alzheimer's.

Another called me and told me I should asked how much it cost, because he knows and doesn't want to say, wonder why he called me in the first place then.

Only in T&T....

;D

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2015, 07:30:44 AM »
I heard it cost them roughly $12,000-$15,000 US dollars and still isn't completed because Kareem needs another $5,000 plus the cost to maintain it.

They paid this much for a THEME.

The website has nothing except some graphics, photos and a letter about the TTFA.

They have a website and no writers.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:37:49 AM by Insider »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2015, 08:47:51 AM »
Bunch of jokers. Enough.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2015, 09:57:28 AM »
I must say after all the hype I expected a lot more.  This is definitely incomplete.  And while many of the tabs are populated it is with minimal content.  All in all this is a miss for RTK because it does nothing to generate positive feelings about him and his regime once you go (or attempt to go) beyond the home page.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2015, 10:10:50 AM »
I heard it cost them roughly $12,000-$15,000 US dollars and still isn't completed because Kareem needs another $5,000 plus the cost to maintain it.

They paid this much for a THEME.

The website has nothing except some graphics, photos and a letter about the TTFA.

They have a website and no writers.

Real jackasses.

Can't believe Sheldon was dong with this to.

Nothing wrong with wanting a website but to pay your son so much for something not worth it, and it must generate money to.

Crooks, ole jack, new jack

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2015, 10:30:05 AM »
So the government, Concacaf or FIFA, whom ever, gave them money to build a training center and Tim Kee took the money and paid his son a proton and Sheldon was playing all along, all the time but now they fell out and we hearing all kind of news.

They are all wrong.

Jack Warner had his sons involved as well when he was with the TTFF.

I see Tim Kee learnt very well.

I really thought Tim Kee was a changed man or trying to be.

1]; } ?>