March 29, 2024, 04:42:35 AM

Author Topic: No Molino, No Problem: Keron Becomes a Superstar.  (Read 11313 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
No Molino, No Problem: Keron Becomes a Superstar.
« on: November 02, 2015, 09:09:04 AM »
No Molino, No Problem: Keron Becomes a Superstar.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Molino obviously makes T&T tick, and when he’s on the field, everything runs through him. But with no Molino, Keron Cummings has become the Soca Warriors fiery midfielder.

Over the past five T&T matches, Cummings scored three goals and racked up four assists. All of his goals were against CONCACAF top team Mexico, while three of his four assist also came against the “Mighty Mexicans”.

Everald “Gally” were the last Cummings to have scored a double against Mexico in a 4-0 thrashing in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti, that sent the North Americans crashing out of the 1974 World Cup, though no relation, Keron has perfected his rich vein of bloodline that follows his namesake.

When up to it, Cummings (K), has a left-foot that is priceless, he can unlock any defence and forced referees to swallow their whistles. Tactically, for most of his time with T&T, Cummings has been a counterbalance to T&T star-striker Kenwyne Jones. His job description from coach Hart was essentially “exploit the defence for paying too much attention to the best player (Kenwyne) on the side.”

Stay wide on the left wing, and when the defence collapses onto Jones, go beat the offside trap, show up toward the back post, and trust that he’ll find you with one of his gorgeous, magical, physics-bending, half-chip, half-cross assists.

As we’re seeing now, Cummings is an elite attacking centrepiece. And without Molino, he’s doing a lot of the things that T&T need out of a superstar.

Eventually, Molino will come back, probably just in time for T&T's 2016 World Cup qualifying matches in March. And when that happens, Cummings will likely shift back into his more-supportive, less-ball-centric role, or will he?

Ironically, after a successful trial spell, Cummings will more than likely sign a contract with Molino's club Orlando City in January when the transfer window re-opens as he relishes the chance to line-up alongside the T&T number 10 for both club and country.

As T&T ponder their long-term future — one in which a 25-year-old Molino, coming back from a season long injury eventually and inevitably evolves into a role that places fewer physical demands on his body — the past few months has provided an exciting glimpse of what might happen if Cummings takes a bigger share of the load.

“Cummings has come into the squad mainly as a 10 and is one of those players that brings composure in the final third. He also has the ability to deliver the final pass and has good shooting ability from outside the box, he can also finish, head coach Stephen Hart told SWO.”

“Overall his game is developing quite well in terms of International football, he needs to improve his work rate off the ball and in all fairness to him he is concentrating better and working hard at it. Overall, he has to make himself difficult to mark and be more mobile once we win possession.”

“I like a very mobile player to play-off the front runners. By front runners, I mean the striker and two wide players, Molino was very good at it. One, we win it, gets free and look to get it and move it forward quickly. I am encouraging Cummings to roam across the entire face of the goal, stay in contact with the striker and be available to link up and arrive in the box.”

“As for Molino return and how it will work remains to be seen. I use players according to the opposition. If both can be in the squad to attack the opposition weaknesses, then I will do so, but it's a matter of adaptability and flexibility.”

“It's a headache I welcome, added Hart.”

Copyrights of the Soca Warriors Online - Any press using the following article written by Inshan Mohammed are welcome to do so providing they reveal the source and writer. Furthermore, no portion of this article may be copied without proper credit as well.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 05:05:09 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No Molino, No Problem: Keron Becomes a Superstar.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 10:32:27 AM »
This article is highly entertaining, enjoyable and mesmerizing.

Wonder read, excellent job Flex.

You are indeed a top writer and one of T&T's best sport journalist of current.

This article really vibes me up, can't wait for the games in 2 week time.

Left-footers are very unique players.

Was Gally a lefty also?

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 12:15:54 PM »
A good digest of top writing skills.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 12:27:04 PM »
Nice read.
Hart confirming that he likes mobility and speed. Who doesn't? Daiz how Trini football causes presshah for the Central and North Americans.
Explains why players like Devorn Jorsling, despite having the shots and power could not get selected .... and I fully understand.
Tantalizing thought of ball-pest and Molino causing havoc at the same time.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 07:01:41 PM »
Flex you done did it again brotha!  :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 04:36:45 AM »
Boss write up, love it !!!!!!!!!!

Can't see both Molino and Cummings on the field at the same time unless on is used as a striker?

To be honest, I can't see Molino reclaiming his spot ahead of Cummings.

Cummings is technically a better player.

Besides, an ACL damage is hard to come back from 100%, but I do hope that Molino case heals properly and he don't rush back in to play. We need him though.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 05:05:28 AM »
This article is highly entertaining, enjoyable and mesmerizing.

Wonder read, excellent job Flex.

You are indeed a top writer and one of T&T's best sport journalist of current.

This article really vibes me up, can't wait for the games in 2 week time.

Left-footers are very unique players.

Was Gally a lefty also?

Nah, Gally was righty. Use to kick the ball hard on the run. Very good passer.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 06:36:57 AM »
What position did Gally played?

Would have loved to see these guys play.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 10:14:53 AM »
 Gally cummings played as a midfielder..    de man was  a technically talented player ....called up at 15 plus for the national team....... boss player

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 01:14:28 PM »
Imagine, from left to right J.Jones,  Molino, Cummings, and Ceasor/Cato/Peltier in de midfield!! that is de really cobra venom, with Jonessie and Glen up top!!!! PEPPPPPPPPERRRRRRR them! Tighten up the back four with man like beatau, bakr, cyrus, wiliams!! pepppeerrr ah say!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 05:27:36 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fitz0SIQJ6U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Fitz0SIQJ6U</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SZBhf7f5ilw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SZBhf7f5ilw</a>

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 09:25:05 PM »
Candidly, had lukewarm expectations for the GC, partly due to warm ups (Curacao, Jordan) but worsened once Molino went down.

To see how Keron, Joevin, Glenn in the 3-3 Mex tie have all risen is great.  Seems to me in the absence of Molino, 3 of the 4 MF slots lock down (JJ, 2 of Hyland, Boucard and KG), the right MF slot tricky since you could slot Keron there and play 4-4-2 w/Glenn up front w/KJ or play Keron as the withdrawn striker (4-4-1-1) and slot Peltier, Cesar or perhaps to a lesser extent Guerra at right MF.

Gaffer knows what's up, great to see the wealth of attacking options brewing....

Tighten up defensively and we could keep making good progress....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 07:53:36 AM »
Well he try Cummings on the right and encourage him to cut in to the left and then as a supporting striker to KJ in both the friendlies, but it didn't work.
Only way I seeing both Molino and Cummings on the field is if we playing with two #10 either side of Kenwyne, 2 def mid and the wing backs providing width.

That is if Molino comes back as good as he was before the injury.

If they both at Orlando though, hopefully they solve that problem up there for us (how to accommodate both).

What it means though is that Guerra basically done at the international level.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 08:41:55 AM »
Not so fast Buffy spider. Guerra still brings stuff to the table and I believe he will be hungry to go away after this. Remember we need a real deep bench to last through a prolonged World Cup qualifier and BraveHart still mentions his name as if he is in the mix. Apparently he had a recent injury which I did not know about.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 10:13:24 AM »
Not so fast Buffy spider. Guerra still brings stuff to the table and I believe he will be hungry to go away after this. Remember we need a real deep bench to last through a prolonged World Cup qualifier and BraveHart still mentions his name as if he is in the mix. Apparently he had a recent injury which I did not know about.

Guerra !!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Keep he far, we dont need players who play one good game in 15.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 10:14:07 AM »
Yeah of course he will sweat: when foreign based not available...unless he really start to pick it up.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 04:38:57 PM »
Yeah of course he will sweat: when foreign based not available...unless he really start to pick it up.

Correct.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 06:47:03 AM »
Anyone have clips with Gally?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 07:08:09 AM »
Anyone have clips with Gally?

There is a Haiti 74 WC clip that Flex has on the forum. Mods can bring it up.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 04:11:52 PM »
I guess one gone (Molino), one come (Keron) and now one comeback (Molino) soon and one gone (Keron).

Woulda be nice to see these two on de field together.

Get well soon bredda and get the hell out of T&T real fast.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 03:07:50 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lSYe3yrvePc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lSYe3yrvePc</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 04:21:49 PM »
WARRIOR

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 05:10:38 PM »
‘Warriors’ get a welcomed visitor at ‘Copa’ practice.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

As this country’s Senior National Team members approached the final days of their live-in training camp at home, they received a surprised but welcomed visit from teammate Keron Cummings at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Sunday evening.

A day after being discharged from the Port of Spain General Hospital where he underwent surgery following a gunshot wound to the leg, the 27-year-old made his way to the venue on crutches to witness in the session. The North East Stars midfielder was greeted by teammates and staff members and engaged in conversations with Stephen Hart and the rest before joining them for the team prayer at the end of the session.

“I just feel good being able to come back and out and watch the boys before they head off to Panama. Being out of the hospital is a big relief and I’m feeling okay at the moment. I feel like I could start therapy tomorrow but I know I can’t rush the process,” Cummings told TTFA Media.

“But all in all, I just wanted to wish the boys well. I know they have it in them to get the right result against Haiti and take us into the Copa America.”

Cummings added: “I would just want to say to these guys out here that there are many things you can do to have enjoyment in life, especially for young persons and picking up a gun or getting involved in crime is not the way. I do not hate the person who did this to me but I would wish people could see a more positive aspect in life. I’d like to thank everyone who showed me that support over the past few days.”

Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino also joined the team for training last week as he continues his recovery process following ACL surgery in May. Molino is targeting a return to play in March.

The T&T team will have one session at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium on Tuesday before departing for Panama City at 6am on Wednesday ahead of Friday’s Copa America Centenario qualifier versus Haiti at the Estadio Rommel Fernandez.

With English-based defender Justin Hoyte ruled out with a hamstring injury, Hart has opted to travel with a 22-man squad and will not name a replacement.

The team has trained rigorously over the past week and according to Central FC midfielder Ataulla Guerra, will be aiming to overcome its next hurdle.

“The training camp has been quite intensive but very good for us. For me personally, I feel really good to be back after missing out the last couple games. We have a big task ahead but it is very important that we stay focused and treat this game with all the respect it deserves,” Guerra said.

“And everyone is very eager to do well. We know what is at stake and the opportunity will be a great one. Day by day we are just putting in the work which I think will see us produce the kind of football on the pitch that will bring us the result we are looking for ,” Guerra added.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 09:26:05 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lSYe3yrvePc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lSYe3yrvePc</a>

Very touching and very encouraging.
Warrior indeed.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 11:37:37 AM »

Very touching and very encouraging.
Warrior indeed.

God is with him... And will make him stronger and better when he returns... The adversity will prepare him mentally for any task...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 06:46:00 AM »
A line up with both of them on de team go be real pressure for opponents.

_________Williams___________
Hoyte__Abu Bakr___Williams___David
Cato___Boucaud____Joevin
_____Molino_____Cummings
________Kenwyne_________

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 07:21:12 AM »
why u left out Hyland???

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 07:42:25 AM »
A line up with both of them on de team go be real pressure for opponents.

Hoyte__Abu Bakr___Williams___David
Cato___Boucaud____Joevin
_____Molino_____Cummings
________Kenwyne_________

What happened to Bateau?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 10:31:48 AM »
How this one and yea, Hyland could eat bench, but he eh that bad sometimes, it depends.

Bateau__Abu Bakr___Williams___David
Cato___Boucaud____Joevin
_____Molino_____Cummings
________Kenwyne_________

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 10:46:38 AM »
No place for Deleon or desilva

1]; } ?>