April 26, 2024, 04:38:31 AM

Author Topic: Hannibal Najjar !!!!  (Read 7291 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hannibal Najjar !!!!
« on: January 30, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »
I saw this in Flex news achieve section. Can anyone clarify this....

RE: Hannibal Najjar’s most cherished moment as National, U/20 and U/17 Youth National Coach can be felt as he describes his years spent in the development of the likes of Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy, Craig Demmin, Clayton Morris, Reynold Carrignton, Anthony Rougier, Lester Felician, Philbert Jones, Dywane Demmin, Mickey Trotman, Leonson Lewis, Hudson Charles and Dexter Francis to mention a few.

If this is true then I feel the TTFF should hire him as under 20 coach or Youth Development Coach ?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 10:21:42 AM by Flex »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Hannibal Najjar !!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 11:13:08 AM »
It is very difficult for a National coach to claim he developed players. Ok he along with the program may have contributed to their development, through coaching and playing experiences. It is a stage in their learning process. Najjar did his part and should be recognized for his contribution.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 11:30:24 AM »
Why would we rehire a man who got no respect from players, resulting in  a coup and strike action when we play Finland a friendly.

Also why would Najjar want to come back in a lower position?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 11:44:55 AM »
Najjar is real self promoter. It all about him and nobody else.
But ah doh blame him for de strike.That was against the TTFF not him, for basically lack of everything in training dat even a savannah side would have and I think as usual the  nonpayment of fees from the previous matches.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 11:51:27 AM »
Why would we rehire a man who got no respect from players, resulting in  a coup and strike action when we play Finland a friendly.

Touches the players did not strike because of Najjar. The players went on strike for better conditions provided by the TTFF. they demanded more $$$ for appearances, supplement drinks at training etc.
That was a TTFF thing. the USA players went on strike too but not because of Arena.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 12:03:33 PM »

Touches the players did not strike because of Najjar. The players went on strike for better conditions provided by the TTFF. they demanded more $$$ for appearances, supplement drinks at training etc.
That was a TTFF thing. the USA players went on strike too but not because of Arena.

One of the problems with Najjar is that he was put in a position to fail.  In this day and age, footballers are different.  Matter of fact, it eh ONLY footballers in this era who would question a coach credentials.

Really and truly, Najjar and others like him could come back and coach T&T youth teams and have a better chance at having success than dealing with established pro players.  It was no secret Stern John had big issues with Najjar and vice versa.  A player like Stern, rightly or wrongly, might be asking himself, who is this guy coming to coach our national team and what qualifications does he bring?  Coaching a couple of college teams in the USA, no matter how many coaching courses you take, is not going to cut it for players who have been exposed to coaches at a different level abroad.

Stern may very well have acted like a petulant star etc, but he will not be the only established foreign based player who will have the same questions.  It is why a Simoes got immediate respect from our players, the same for Beenhakker.  They are known, established entities.  Bertille had somewhat a similar level of respect from CERTAIN players, but he came with a lot of baggae as well...which is why you have a situation where you have players like Whitley not wanting to play under him and issues with "hairstyle".

Hannibal Najjar was always going to be a stop gap coach of the Senior Men's National team.  He has no real experience at that level and as nice a person as he might be, in order to get the true respect from his players, especially the pro's, he have to accomplish some stuff or AT LEAST work in T&T.  Stuart Charles has the respect for the most part of the T&T players including pro's because most have either played for or played against him and know what he is capable of.

Simply put, Najjar was a bad appointment in that position.  No offence to him but that's the truth in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 12:13:15 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 12:44:13 PM »
Naijaar is the kind of man who like to pad his resume so i eh taking that 'developing' talk too serious.

U know when a man do an internship and he hadda run and get coffee and do photocopies, then in his resume he will put something like - ''Managed day to day running of office procedures, developed presentations and provided handouts for management meetings''etc- tha's naijaar.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 12:44:43 PM »
Najjar was not a good coach, is not a good coach and will never be a good coach.  Ask all the players that play for him except one person I wish to leave nameless.

The key word here is "develop".  Najjar cannot demonstrate development of any player.  Someone close to me played for him on the national team and at Bellhaven College in Mississippi, in addition I played for him very briefly.

Go ask his players.

Let's move on please.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 01:10:46 PM »
Najjar was not a good coach, is not a good coach and will never be a good coach.  Ask all the players that play for him except one person I wish to leave nameless.

The key word here is "develop".  Najjar cannot demonstrate development of any player.  Someone close to me played for him on the national team and at Bellhaven College in Mississippi, in addition I played for him very briefly.

Go ask his players.

Let's move on please.

Yuh ent like him at all!!! :devil:
but at least your opinion is coming from someone who actually played under him.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 01:50:40 PM »
Yes sir.  All the man does do is the "bleeps"....

He is a trainer not a coach.  Coaches make adjustments, he cannot.  Coached prepare their teams for the opposition, he does not.  Coaches actually motivate their players, he can't.

Next topic.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 01:55:33 PM »
damn Arimaman tell us how u realy feel about najar.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 02:49:51 PM »
I'm being really nice.   Trust me.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 04:39:40 PM »
I met Hannibal in Canada and he was ahrite!
but i certainly dont know him as a coach

Yuh see WestCoast!  That is how yuh is get yuh posts number so high.  tell me what value you add to that discussion there!   ;D

big up yuhself partner, is kicks I on

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 05:03:21 PM »
i was never really that impressed... however i know he was givin scotland alot of play and he was scorin some NICE goal... probably just that Scotland was now biggin heself up at dat time as a youth on de senior team?

maybe...

again... never particulary impressed.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 06:58:25 PM »
I will say what Arima man ain't saying his brother Sheldon Bennette aka Scabby played for the Under 16 team in 1986 for Najjar. The man is a cuss bud he ain't realize that massa Day done. I use to folow that team all over the place I saw the joker in action. I suspect the only player who would have big him up is Anthony Sherwood. Arima man did I get the player correct?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 07:12:50 PM »
Maybe its Glenn Benjamin. Right Brent

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2006, 07:48:44 PM »
Nah, I eh talking 'bout Sherwood and it ain't Glen Benjamin...

By the way, when did Najjar coach Latas anyway?

It's amazing to see how people does claim development.

Allyuh, I told you I will have the player remain nameless....

But if allyuh call names ah go whistle...

Arimian to meh heart

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2006, 10:48:53 PM »
He coached Latas in his dreams.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 12:19:25 PM »
Cougars add world class soccer coach
midcontinentcougars.com

It is not often that soccer players at the college level get the opportunity to play for a coach with International coaching experience. Even rarer is when that happens at a school affiliated with the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). However, that is exactly what the men's soccer team at Mid-Continent University will get the chance to do this fall.

Mid-Continent Athletic Director Kevin Imhoff is pleased to announce that the Cougars have reached an agreement with Hannibal Najjar to be the school's fourth head coach in the program's 15-year history. The announcement of Najjar as head coach actually marks a return of sorts for Najjar, as he was responsible in part for starting the soccer program at MCU.

"I am so very excited to welcome Coach Najjar to our staff," Imhoff stated. "He is not only one of the best soccer coaches around, he is a man dedicated to Christ and to the mission of Mid-Continent University."

Najjar, a professional player himself in his younger days, is very familiar with competition on the International stage. His coaching stints around the world include time on five different squads for his native Trinidad and Tobago. He coached the T&T National Team in the Qualifying run-up for the 2006 World Cup – the only World Cup for which they have ever qualified – during 2002 and 2003. He also spent time as the head coach for the T&T U-20 National Team (1986-88), the T&T U-17 National team (1985-86), the T&T National and Senior Olympic Team (1984-85), and the T&T U-21 National Team (1983-84).

Najjar will also be Mid-Continent's Director of Coaching. In this role, all coaches in all MCU sports will report to Najjar, and he will help monitor and develop systems and uniformity throughout the Mid-Continent Athletic Department.

Najjar holds three master's degrees, as well as several international Coaching Licenses. He holds a class A UEFA License, a Class A English FA Full Badge & FA Goalkeeping License, a USSF Class A License, and a Class A Goalkeeping License. Najjar also has a long history with MCU President Robert Imhoff, having worked with him at two other universities.

"We are indeed blessed to have one of the very best coaches in the country coming to MCU," President Imhoff remarked. "This is going to be exciting for Kentucky soccer."

Najjar currently resides in St. Louis, Mo. with his wife, Dr. Annette Najjar. The two both currently teach at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Mo.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Najjar brings wealth of experience to MCU Bench
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 12:20:03 PM »
Najjar brings wealth of experience to MCU Bench
midcontinentcougars.com

Mid-Continent University announced on Monday that Mr. Hannibal Najjar will become the Head Men's Soccer Coach this fall.  Coach Najjar, affectionately known to his close friends as, "Hanni", and some, "Bal", is a well-known figure in the CONCACAF region. He is a former National Team Coach and Technical Director of the National Program for his native of Trinidad & Tobago. During the 80's and 90's, he also served in several capacities there, including Coach of the National Under-17, Under-20, and Olympic Teams, and as Assistant Coach of the Caribbean All-Stars. Here in the United States, Coach Najjar has coached at both the NCAA and NAIA levels, high schools, and served as State Head Coach for the Olympic Development Program in Mississippi and was Head Coach at the USL level. Hannibal was also Director of Coaching for the ODP in the State of Mississippi and as, U-15 ODP Coach and Club Director in Colorado. As if there could be more, his coaching assignments also went North of the border to Ontario, Canada where he had charges of the U-14 program and, U-21 ODP Canada Games Program and assisted at the U-15 level.

A professional player in his playing days, Coach Najjar is very familiar with the international competition. Coach Najjar is a long-time friend of MCU President, Robert Imhoff, and worked with Imhoff at two previous universities and helped start the Athletic Program at MCU.
Focused on learning and teaching, Coach Najjar has amassed numerous Coaching Licenses (Manager and Goalkeeping) and College Degrees in his quest to serve all that God has sent his way. He has the UEFA Advanced "A" License, FA "A" International License, FA Goalkeeping "A" License (Pending), FIFA Academy II, and the USSF "A" and Goalkeeping "A" Licenses.  Coach Najjar also holds six Degrees.

A global man, Coach Najjar loves the versatility of communicating across several cultures and languages.

"Speak to Coach Najjar and I believe you'll discover the same three things that I have", says President Robert Imhoff – he soars with confidence, has a relentless passion for learning and education, and, lives for and loves the Lord. And, amongst many of God's impacting verses, Coach Najjar insists that he thrives to, "act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with God". Hannibal holds his relationship with Christ as sacred and is resolved to return to his feet with every fall, thriving to get that much closer to his Savior - he repeatedly states, "never down and out, but always up and about". Coach Najjar contests "that intentionality in serving and representing God must be foremost and places himself in the frontline with the chosen words, remaining faithful especially when no one is looking".

At MCU Coach Najjar will assist Athletic Director, Kevin Imhoff, as Director of Coaching Staff.  In this role all coaches in all sports will report to Coach Najjar who has also held several college administrative positions. He will help mentor and develop systems to ensure uniformity throughout the Athletic Department.

President Imhoff commenting on Najjar said, "We are indeed blessed to have the very best coach in the country coming to MCU.  This is going to be exciting for Kentucky soccer."

Athletic Director, Kevin Imhoff said of Najjar, "I am so very excited to welcome Coach Najjar to our staff.  He is not only the best soccer coach around, he is a man dedicated to Christ and to the mission of Mid-Continent University."

Coach Najjar resides in St. Louis, Mo. with his wife of thirty-three years, Dr. Annette Najjar, who, along with Hannibal, teaches at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Mo.  They have four grown and successful children and dote over their two grandchildren, both to their first child and daughter. Hannibal will begin training the MCU Cougar Soccer Team and lead the coaching staff charge in mid-August as MCU continues its life-long goal to enlarge God's Kingdom. Jabez's Prayer, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain" is being heeded.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 01:56:32 PM »
Congratulations Najjar- A passionate man about his football and His God. What IMHOOF said of him is so true about this man- It is a pity a prophet has no honor in his own country. What does the Lord require of you according to the prophet Micah- To do justice to love kindness and walk humbly with your God

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA’s epidemic
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2021, 08:18:02 AM »
TTFA’s epidemic
By Hannibal Najjar (T&T Express)

The normalisation committee’s (NC) four-prong mandate/task given by FIFA approximately one year ago is no easy assignment.

Save for those in the closed circuitry of the NC, no one really knows the phone call conversations between officials of FIFA and the NC or who might be silent contributors. And so, what I share here is my approach had I been given this “Mount Everest” assignment. It must be noted that persons mentioned below for subcommittee contributions have not been personally contacted for the proposed roles that I am recommending.

The four mandates with proposals:

Establish a debt repayment plan that will be implementable by the TTFA: The existing committee of Robert Hadad, Nigel Romano, Judy Daniel, and Trevor Gomez would be suited for this daunting task. An ANSA McAL person — and I have one in mind — Mr Selby Browne is another on this list. Understanding of the value of sponsorship at the international level is key.

Review and amend the TTFA statutes and ensure its compliance with the FIFA statutes and requirements before duly submitting them for approval to the TTFA Congress: Attorney Daniel should proficiently handle this. Others with experience in local, regional and international football matters should be considered.

Using the backward design approach, understanding the operations of FIFA, its committees and subcommittees, is crucial. People on my list would include attorney Sheldon Phillips. Legal background aside, he has experience as a former general secretary of the TTFA and in World Cup organisational functions. Because of his background Ato Boldon would be approached, as would Osmond Downer who is an important figure in all facets of football and people relations!

Run the TTFA’s daily affairs: This subcommittee should possess knowledge of the intricacies of this business, one that is tied to CFU, CONCACAF and FIFA. Those that I would seek to include here are, Sheldon Phillips, Wayne Mandeville, Osmond Downer, Keith Bailey, and Barry Nelson of Tobago.

Organise and conduct elections of a new TTFA executive committee for a four-year mandate. I would again approach, Sheldon Phillips. Dr Alvin Henderson would be an outstanding resource. Clearly, I would “mandate” that Clayton Morris (former T&T football captain) accepts. Other important persons are, Douglas Camacho, Larry Romany, Boldon, Shaka Hislop, Mandeville, and Michael Cooper.

At this juncture, I am resolved that the following two persons should be included in advisory capacities. They are the two immediate past presidents of the TTFA and respectively, one, a proven Pro League club owner and, the other, a very successful president of the Secondary Schools Football League.

Time is of the essence and so, we steal from the once Japanese practice of “not having to reinvent the wheel.” And for this very reason, we have in our midst, a very important piece to the puzzle. Persona non grata or not, once Jack Warner is still alive, then football has life. JW is full of insight into all the above major FIFA mandates. I am prepared to visit with this “library” and solicit guidance.

One remaining piece

I promise, there is only one remaining piece — that, clear-in-your face last piece! That piece is the inspiration that is Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley. The “Beautiful Game” is now set in motion by the visit of FIFA’s president, Gianni Infantino to T&T during the opening of the Home of Football where they “sat and supped” together in 2019. Dr Rowley understands this role and can navigate this walk because of his constitutional astuteness, integrity, and credibility.

All involved persons in this very important exercise must have these discussions with a pure heart and clean hands mindset – as with a genuine fiduciary seeking the interest of others above self.

The mindset needed now is, “go and sell everything that you own and come follow me.” No egoic self! No better notion to formulate than the message of the Honourable Nelson Mandela. If there was no Archbishop Tutu, that “Long Walk to Freedom” dream might still be in sleep state! His is the stark reminder that everything we do SHALL be about our children! Of course, the elderly need that joy and hope to rid themselves of this long, disenchanted period in our football. It is as Mandela reminds us: “History will judge us by the difference we make in the everyday lives of our children.”

Scripture is what I use as one of my two closing remarks to the Editor: “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” Vision and mission together is the pathway to success. The second is, my very own recital of the qualities of a true champion – “one who gets up when lame; shares the fame; and, always takes the blame (1986).”

I am no Dr Anthony Fauci or Bill, and though the way forward is narrow, I see the “Gates” ahead opening with these recommendations. I know Gianni Infantino would be “pleased-for-so!” Let’s go, Hadad and Romano!

—Dr Hannibal Najjar is a former Trinidad and Tobago national senior and youth team coach

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2021, 11:00:58 AM »
Persona non grata or not, once Jack Warner is still alive, then football has life. JW is full of insight into all the above major FIFA mandates. I am prepared to visit with this “library” and solicit guidance.

Hanni, careful how you thread with the above mentioned name. We go back  a long ways. I love you dearly. If he is coming back into TT football administration, he coming with all the monies he owe. To pay back TTFA. He should not get one f******g cent to be part of TT football.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2021, 11:39:41 AM »
Kumbayah, Kumbayah ... is something that is just asking for trouble.

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2021, 02:56:13 PM »

Well organized and structured.
I believe we should have a section for the Fan Base (Local and International)

Any new ideas ... some individuals prefer  us to lose to St Kitts and start
from scratch (better baseline)?????!!!!!

1]; } ?>