March 28, 2024, 05:48:47 AM

Author Topic: Sleepy Hollow  (Read 4918 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sleepy Hollow
« on: September 25, 2013, 05:14:09 PM »
Anybody watching this series?  So far only the Pilot and follow up episode, but great show... excellent writing, acting and special effects.  Nichole Beharie is also quite the eye candy.  Trying tuh figure out if she have some West Indian in she... or if she want some :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BFHvr-EhmUo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BFHvr-EhmUo</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Sleepy Hollow
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 05:22:27 PM »
Yeh it good so far. Something different. The woman nice too :)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 05:36:14 PM »
Now coming to talk about it. I like the show despite some real dotish directing.

First of all, in the first two minutes alone, he get lick dong, no sword in he hand, he on he knees and just as he about to get decapitated....BAM....sword appear outta nowhere and he decapitate the man. From that lower position it woulda been impossible to swing upwards and behead such a tall man. Plus the horseman swing first so at the most, he woulda clash with the axe.

Next he coem out of a cave buried in ice after 25o years and he clothes looking real good. I does put down clothes on a chair in TT and two days later they looking like crap covered in all kinda dust.

They think he might be involved in the beheading of the Sherrif, they def. think he mad. So what dey do, give he to a lone female officer to take him to the asylum and de friggin woman put him IN THE FRONT SEAT to sith with she. Now she and all at that point thought he was mad, and she go put him the front seat.

Next, she take him to the cave, she still tink he mad so btch uncuff him and turn she back on him in the cave. like any well trained police officer woulda do that.

The horseman fraid light. But didn't he bounce up the horseman in daylight when he kill him.
Just so the headless horseman know how to use a shot gun.
He know how to reload too???

Odder than that, not a bad show.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 05:39:45 PM »
Trying tuh figure out if she have some West Indian in she... or if she want some :D

She mother is Jamaican.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 06:09:22 PM »
http://thetandd.com/news/topnews/nicole-beharie-takes-inspiration-from-orangeburg-to-film-roles/article_622ef13e-cfbd-11e2-94ce-001a4bcf887a.html

Beharie, who has two brothers and one sister, said she appreciates the support that her mother has given her through the years.

“My mom is a survivor. She was a good role model coming up. She worked really hard,” she said. “We were a single-parent family. I think that has always stayed with me, seeing how hard people have to work, and choices and sacrifices that you make. That’s always been an inspiration.”

Beharie is not one to be put in a box. The Florida native said she would love to work with dialects — and even sing — as part of her future work.

“I’d like to do something West Indian or African or sing,” she said. “My mom’s West Indian. My family and I never get to use that accent. I’m always using the Southern accent. I was raised in the Southern style, so that would be an interesting departure. It would be good and engaging.

“I feel like I’m just getting started in the business, but I’m always looking for interesting things and something new to do. I’m always looking to work with great people. I’m just very lucky.”

Contact the writer: dgleaton@timesanddemocrat.com or 803-533-5534.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 06:44:09 PM »
I've watched both episodes...it's decent not great. Of the new shows I'd say what's caught my eye has been Ray Donovan on showtime which just finished its first season...and The Blacklist on nbc which had its first episode on Monday.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 07:35:56 PM »
Now coming to talk about it. I like the show despite some real dotish directing.

First of all, in the first two minutes alone, he get lick dong, no sword in he hand, he on he knees and just as he about to get decapitated....BAM....sword appear outta nowhere and he decapitate the man. From that lower position it woulda been impossible to swing upwards and behead such a tall man. Plus the horseman swing first so at the most, he woulda clash with the axe.

He had shot the Horseman before decapitating him so he had a moment to gather himself.  Also not sure if he was quite on he knees when he chop off he head (inconclusive at 0:48 above).

Next he coem out of a cave buried in ice after 25o years and he clothes looking real good. I does put down clothes on a chair in TT and two days later they looking like crap covered in all kinda dust.

Yuh want de fella running around in dutty clothes whole evening? :D

They think he might be involved in the beheading of the Sherrif, they def. think he mad. So what dey do, give he to a lone female officer to take him to the asylum and de friggin woman put him IN THE FRONT SEAT to sith with she. Now she and all at that point thought he was mad, and she go put him the front seat.

Nah, dai's not how I remember it... but I might have to go back and watch the episode again.  She knew Crane was nowhere near the Sheriff when he got killed... plus she saw the Horseman come out the barn on the horse... he even stopped and looked at her and for a minute you think he might come after her, but then Crane came on the scene.

Next, she take him to the cave, she still tink he mad so btch uncuff him and turn she back on him in the cave. like any well trained police officer woulda do that.

She didn't think he was mad at that point because he described what she saw even without being present, then saw for herself.

The horseman fraid light. But didn't he bounce up the horseman in daylight when he kill him.

The Horseman wasn't supernatural back then during the American Revolution... otherwise Crane coulda never kill him.  He was mortal then, just a real skilled fighter, with the forces of evil on his side.  He was eating bullet, but is de decapitation which really killed him.  Is the spell that Crane wife put on Crane to bring him back that inadvertently resurrect the Horseman as well... b/c they blood mixed when they fell side by side.  That was kinda weak... but that's what they went with.  Now, like most evil creatures... he can't stand sunlight.

VB

Yeah I was surprised by him handling the shotgun, and later the assault weapon.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 07:40:06 PM »
Trying tuh figure out if she have some West Indian in she... or if she want some :D

She mother is Jamaican.

Okay, so we batting .500 so far.  Now fuh de next part  ;D

2Cents... been hearing good things about The Blacklist too, will have to add that to the DVR schedule.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 07:58:19 PM »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 07:42:41 AM »

He had shot the Horseman before decapitating him so he had a moment to gather himself.  Also not sure if he was quite on he knees when he chop off he head (inconclusive at 0:48 above).

Yuh want de fella running around in dutty clothes whole evening? :D

Nah, dai's not how I remember it... but I might have to go back and watch the episode again.  She knew Crane was nowhere near the Sheriff when he got killed... plus she saw the Horseman come out the barn on the horse... he even stopped and looked at her and for a minute you think he might come after her, but then Crane came on the scene.

She didn't think he was mad at that point because he described what she saw even without being present, then saw for herself.

The Horseman wasn't supernatural back then during the American Revolution... otherwise Crane coulda never kill him.  He was mortal then, just a real skilled fighter, with the forces of evil on his side.  He was eating bullet, but is de decapitation which really killed him.  Is the spell that Crane wife put on Crane to bring him back that inadvertently resurrect the Horseman as well... b/c they blood mixed when they fell side by side.  That was kinda weak... but that's what they went with.  Now, like most evil creatures... he can't stand sunlight.

VB

Yeah I was surprised by him handling the shotgun, and later the assault weapon.

Yeah, he was definitely on his knees and the horseman got shot and then still slashed him. No way he coulda pull that sword and make contact first seeing that the horeseman already had the axe in the swing position. I have it on laptop so I reviewed.

Ok, maybe he was in some kinda vacuum under ground and he clothes keep good for 250 years. Is tv so I give dem dat one.

She knew he wasn't a killer But she figre he off or pretending to be off. So she went along and tell him she's an emancipated slave licensed to carry a gun. And you go put him in the front seat wtih you.
Plus her superiors go let she carry him off alone??

So what does being supernatural and headless have to do with sunlight? Oh well is tv.

Re. the shotgun, I figure if he could see without a head. Well he could watch how they use a gun and shoot. But he should have a problem with technology just like Ikabob (sp).  :)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 11:08:50 AM »
Yeah, he was definitely on his knees and the horseman got shot and then still slashed him. No way he coulda pull that sword and make contact first seeing that the horeseman already had the axe in the swing position. I have it on laptop so I reviewed.

I 'have' it online and watch it too... Crane supposed to be a skilled swordsman and fighter, which is why he was recruited by Washington (according to this interpretation) to fight.  I wouldn't put it past him.

Ok, maybe he was in some kinda vacuum under ground and he clothes keep good for 250 years. Is tv so I give dem dat one.

She knew he wasn't a killer But she figre he off or pretending to be off. So she went along and tell him she's an emancipated slave licensed to carry a gun. And you go put him in the front seat wtih you.
Plus her superiors go let she carry him off alone??

She was being sarcastic with the slave comment... I didn't take it as her being serious, and didn't take it that she thought he was crazy.  What he said sounded outlandish to her, but once he corroborated what she saw without himself seeing it, she realized that he might have been honest in what he was saying.  Plus yuh forgetting the whole backstory (still to be fleshed out) with her and her sister encountering the demon in the forest when they was younger.  The sister lock up in de mad house since then... but starting next episode (I think) she about to make an entrance.  She's another one sweet too bad.

Also, she superiors didn't just let she 'carry' him off... is kidnap she kidnap him out de jail using ah ruse.

So what does being supernatural and headless have to do with sunlight? Oh well is tv.

Creative license... evil doh like light, so sunlight (the source of all life) anathema to them.

Re. the shotgun, I figure if he could see without a head. Well he could watch how they use a gun and shoot. But he should have a problem with technology just like Ikabob (Ichabod) (sp).  :)

Little bit of creative license with the shotgun too... I didn't necessarily like it, but not that much of a reach to me.  They already had guns back in the Revolutionary times, plus evil smart and know how to adapt to keep pace with modern technology.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:41:21 PM by Bakes »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 11:26:59 AM »

Little bit of creative license with the shotgun too... I didn't necessarily like it, but not that much of a reach to me.  They already had guns back in the Revolutionary times, plus evil smart and know how to adapt to keep pace with modern technology.

I could buy that, especially considerin dat crane drop he after firing one shot at d witch tinkin it was empty in episode 2
I pity the fool....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 04:50:15 PM »

I could buy that, especially considerin dat crane drop he after firing one shot at d witch tinkin it was empty in episode 2

At least they doh have him driving car after a week.
I glad to see he at least wash he clothes. I does marvel at a movie sometimes when men does be in the city but be wearing the same clothes for a week.

I watched episode 2 because I like the character of Ichabod.
I am also enjoying the growing rapport between him and the Deputy.

The next year and a half go be kicks as he adjusts to certain realities of 20th century life, eg. 10 percent tax etc. LOL
But dat go hadda play out and then it's up to quality TV.

There (to some degree) is a likeness to Supernatural. This is a show with potential.
I was wondering why the lead was so familiar to me. The truth is I don't really know him but he reminds me of a young Timothy Dalton.

VB

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 12:19:00 PM »
This week's episode was interesting... especially their incorporation of the Sandman legend.  Horseman take ah vacation this week but they ent lose too much steam.  Would be interesting to see if the Tooth Fairy shows up next, lol

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 07:18:37 PM »
This man going and get regular clothes and a shave??
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 12:13:00 AM »
This man going and get regular clothes and a shave??

Over 200 years pardna have he spatterdashes and breeches fol' up in he grip waiting tuh rock them. What yuh trying to make him do... blend in wid de regular people? lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 11:05:52 PM »
Kinda weak this last episode...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 12:58:53 PM »

The Sandman episode was kinda weak too. But I trying to go with the flow of fantasy tv.

This continues to be a poor man's Supernatural for me.
However, what keeps me glued is meh boy Ichabod. He continues to keep his character true. But that can only last so long as he adapts.
You see the saga boy pose he buss on dem when he shoot de gun. Meh boy pose up with the left hand behind he back.

There seems to be good chemistry between him and the Deputy.

VB

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »

The Sandman episode was kinda weak too. But I trying to go with the flow of fantasy tv.

This continues to be a poor man's Supernatural for me.
However, what keeps me glued is meh boy Ichabod. He continues to keep his character true. But that can only last so long as he adapts.
You see the saga boy pose he buss on dem when he shoot de gun. Meh boy pose up with the left hand behind he back.

There seems to be good chemistry between him and the Deputy.

VB
daiz d gentleman's duelin pose :D daiz how dem used to drop it back in d day....Victorian me thinks ??? :P
I pity the fool....

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 08:33:50 PM »
http://thetandd.com/news/topnews/nicole-beharie-takes-inspiration-from-orangeburg-to-film-roles/article_622ef13e-cfbd-11e2-94ce-001a4bcf887a.html

Beharie, who has two brothers and one sister, said she appreciates the support that her mother has given her through the years.

“My mom is a survivor. She was a good role model coming up. She worked really hard,” she said. “We were a single-parent family. I think that has always stayed with me, seeing how hard people have to work, and choices and sacrifices that you make. That’s always been an inspiration.”

Beharie is not one to be put in a box. The Florida native said she would love to work with dialects — and even sing — as part of her future work.

“I’d like to do something West Indian or African or sing,” she said. “My mom’s West Indian. My family and I never get to use that accent. I’m always using the Southern accent. I was raised in the Southern style, so that would be an interesting departure. It would be good and engaging.

“I feel like I’m just getting started in the business, but I’m always looking for interesting things and something new to do. I’m always looking to work with great people. I’m just very lucky.”

Contact the writer: dgleaton@timesanddemocrat.com or 803-533-5534.

wow is orangeburg she from...well look ting...i went to school there at sc state and i can attest to the fact that there were few "locals" who looked as good as she does...my word

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 09:55:22 AM »

Is that episode self ah talking about.  I here in Miami so will have to ketch tonight's episode whenever I get back.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 07:11:46 PM »
Season 3: Episode 6 is out of control... "This Red Lady From Caribee"...

All kinds of Trini references, "Port of Spain"... Soucouyant suck George Washington, Jack Spaniard sting somebody.  The Soucouyant is this week's "creature" apparently, and the story writers have she as the queen of the Jack Spaniard swarm.  Not as stupid as it sounds... but requires a huge suspension of disbelief lol.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:25:43 PM by Bakes »

1]; } ?>