April 18, 2024, 10:58:38 PM

Author Topic: T&T, USA in Goalless draw.  (Read 8159 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T, USA in Goalless draw.
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2015, 10:37:28 AM »
LaForest or LaForrest, which one media guys? Is one "r" guys.
sometimes i detect a slight smigin of jealousy and sour grapes from some of these past players, it's like the new crop of guys could never measure up nor receive compliments from these old geezers.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2015, 11:19:50 AM »
I would agree with La Forrest comment... Went you have an opportunity to bury a team bury it went you have a good chance to score make it good...those chanced don't come around to often...I'm not trying to be negative just want my country men to win and beat a team I know they can beat

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2015, 11:49:31 AM »
sometimes i detect a slight smigin of jealousy and sour grapes from some of these past players, it's like the new crop of guys could never measure up nor receive compliments from these old geezers.

I was not complaining about his comment. I was just pointing out that they keep spelling his name LaForest and LaForrest. This is a national newspaper. I really don't think is sour grape on his part. He has been thru. that before for  the national team. I remember one particular game is the Oval against Suriname(when they were one of the powerhouses of the Caribbean). They had Suriname to hang on a very rainy day. Total domination. We score first and missed countless chances.  Suriname came a score in the dying moments. I guess the two missed headers by the US brought back those memories to Ron.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2015, 12:51:17 PM »
There absolutely nothing wrong any past players  to add  encouragement  or to spur on the younger and this case the present crop of talented players to seize their chances or be more clinical in the final third  on the pitch   when goal scoring opportunites come their way.... i see absolutely nothing wrong with that  nor do i sense any sort jealousy on the part of past players e.g  ( Ron la forest / Everard Cummings ) expressing their views .....    where and by whom is the jealousy coming from ??? As a matter  the views expressed by  these two former  players  should be welcomed  as they  both tormented defences  and  know a thing or two about goal scoring .!!   It's amazing  as it appears  only in  TnT  former players input are under utilized..or apprecaited  In any other footballing /soccer playing countries  past players are certainly a prized commodities ....  and their views are welcomed  and respected... Anyways Big up  to the former and present players 

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2015, 01:51:46 PM »
Focus on the message and not the messenger!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2015, 02:27:30 PM »

One "r".
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2015, 10:20:21 PM »
"when u have a team to beat, you beat them"..lord ah coulda be a millionaire today... Joevin was to relaxed he wasn't ready to kill them, chances don't like that don't come around often..if only he did know that..problem with TT players and culture.. we doh start productivity work for 2 hrs...Laaawwwd.. I didn't realize we boys wasn't warm up yet and wasn't trying to bury them, and didn't concentrate soon enuff to score...and also that I may not be trini, cause I start work to soon...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2015, 09:24:30 AM »
Whiteflag Entertainment and Soca Warriors Online brings you a full T&T vs USA album, Enjoy....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.935043393218258.1073742227.152179268171345&type=3

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2015, 02:17:43 PM »
Whiteflag Entertainment and Soca Warriors Online brings you a full T&T vs USA album, Enjoy....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.935043393218258.1073742227.152179268171345&type=3
I open the pics..and see a CLOSE high school friend I haven't seen or been in contact for 45 years since QRC. S O G G Y  thanks for that..glad to know he still at the football.. Deeks u know him ? He was Colts & 2nd 11 with me.
then a few more pics..My sons TT swim coach from Carifta.   lol
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 02:21:50 PM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2015, 06:00:51 PM »

Can we structure something so de non-Facebook crowd could peep too?

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2015, 10:38:23 AM »
I watched this game recently, and was not impressed by what I saw from both teams, but especially from T&T, that was a lackluster performance not worthy of World Cup standards. If that was what you would consider a good performance by this current national team then you don't know what quality football looks like. I am sure Coach Hart is a good guy but his coaching leaves a lot to be desired.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2015, 02:39:45 PM »
 Football in Trinidad and Tobago will continue to be a roller coaster ride. It is a difficult product to sell to the public; ttfa  will be in serious trouble for many years to come but they have to stick with it until such improvements are made. There are to many know it all will end all.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 03:02:07 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2015, 03:15:41 PM »

I open the pics..and see a CLOSE high school friend I haven't seen or been in contact for 45 years since QRC. S O G G Y  thanks for that..glad to know he still at the football.. Deeks u know him ? He was Colts & 2nd 11 with me.
then a few more pics..My sons TT swim coach from Carifta.   lol

I remember S O G G Y very well, but I eh make him out at all.

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2015, 04:36:26 PM »
Yea its on the website u can view the album as well www.whiteflagent.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2015, 05:17:54 PM »

Nice pics, but I'm wondering why it hardly have any of de match itself.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline panterry1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2015, 08:32:09 PM »
I watched this game recently, and was not impressed by what I saw from both teams, but especially from T&T, that was a lackluster performance not worthy of World Cup standards. If that was what you would consider a good performance by this current national team then you don't know what quality football looks like. I am sure Coach Hart is a good guy but his coaching leaves a lot to be desired.
With all due respect.  You sound like you have not been following this team.  I agree that both teams we were a bit cautious.  But your criticism of the coach demonstrates ignorance on your part.   The goal for this team is to qualify for the hex.  Do me a favor and take a look at any one of the Mexico games this year and you will see that there is a lot of potentiality on this team.  You are one of a few who is not seeing the tremendous job that this coach is doing. I look forward to some positive comments when the team is progressing because we are indeed improving. 

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2015, 10:43:42 PM »
 well said panterry..!! 

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2015, 07:36:48 AM »
Some people forget where this team was before Hart came on board.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2015, 09:13:26 AM »
is king deese ......little else need be said
I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2015, 09:28:09 AM »
Looks like some perspective needed:

GUYANA 2 vs T&T 1 2011 World Cup Qualifying

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4gBexFQHFpg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4gBexFQHFpg</a>
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:39:30 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2015, 09:59:48 AM »
Ent
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2015, 10:01:52 AM »
In my opinion, TNT played well, but could've played better. One thing that stuck out was TNT aren't switching the ball often. They keep on sticking to one side when attacking. Another thing is, when kenwyne makes runs, things happen for TNT. There's always one or two defenders sticking with him throughout the game (Guatemala showed that as well). Once he makes runs it always opens a space for Cummings/Cato etc to make that run and receive the ball towards goal. Keep up the pressure as well as these two things mentioned, and TNT will fly into this world cup. Let's go TNT!!!!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »
dont mean to be crass but i see here quite a few people complaining about our performance against the united states and they need to stop. i would agree if they were critical of our guatemala performance but our display vs the usa was absolutely brilliant. these people who is complaining needs to stop watching glory hunting football the man united fans, barca, liverpool, real madrid, chelsea, juventus and so on, and using it as a measuring stick to demean the lads.

the lads were brilliant and a clear indication that they could improve on a performance in a short space of time. give the players a round of applause and stop complaining man, usa is not an easy team to match strides with, they does beat bigger teams than us easily.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2015, 04:00:09 PM »
Looks like some perspective needed:

GUYANA 2 vs T&T 1 2011 World Cup Qualifying

Perfect example right there.

It was nice to see a full HC stadium as well. I just wish more fans would buy the official team kit. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2015, 04:14:15 PM »
More perspective

T&T 1 VS USA 2 WORLD CUP QUALIFYING FEBRUARY 9 2005 QUEENS PARK OVAL

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mhBrkBa9lho" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mhBrkBa9lho</a>
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:33:57 PM by palos »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2015, 04:58:41 PM »
More perspective

T&T 1 VS USA 2 WORLD CUP QUALIFYING FEBRUARY 9 2005 QUEENS PARK OVAL

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mhBrkBa9lho" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mhBrkBa9lho</a>
nice find man. wasn't there for that game but did make it for the guatemala clash. three things, stern was by far our best striker ever. he took his chances well, always looked dangerous and created so many chances for himself and others. which we could produce another starlite the likes of stern john.

tiger fitzpatrick was such a lame duck and it showed with that easy chip he had to make or round the keeper, what a bum he and gary glassgow was. and steven hart is a god send. that man has turned our game around and showed us what it really takes to compete on that level. could you imagine what hart would have done with that 2005 team with the likes of eve, dwarika, rogier, sam and brent raheem? it scares me to think about it. i don't think i will want to watch trinidad and tobago if hart was no longer the coach.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2015, 05:17:31 PM »
i don't think i will want to watch trinidad and tobago if hart was no longer the coach.

Hart is an excellent coach but I would be careful with the apparent hero worship.  T&T has other very good coaches. Hart just has been exposed to a level of football that most of our coaches have not.  That's in part due to the Canadian Federation but also the man himself who is a real ball ho.  He not just sleeps and eats football....he devours it.  He's read all the books by top coaches etc. 

One of the biggest differences you hear now from people in international football (other coaches, journalists etc) is that T&T is an organized team.    We were always "physical and strong".  Add organization to that as well as we're playing more technical and disciplined

Ask yourself why a player like Abu Bakr is an automatic pick on the Soca Warriors team.  A mega cruise ship does turn faster.  He not particularly strong in the air. 

But he is disciplined.  He's probably the best passer out of any of the back four, has good positional sense, and he's intelligent.  He kinda come like a Trini Mertesacker if you will. 

Hart trying to get the team to understand that possession of the ball is key.  That regaining the ball when it's lost is just as important.  And in order to possess the ball, one needs to have technical ability....especially when placed under pressure.  We need to play faster. more compact, and utilize our natural athleticism to full advantage.  And above all.....maintain discipline, shape, and composure.   These things don't come naturally to our players so it's nice to see them put it into practice.

These are the main areas of improvement for me and it is still very much a work in progress.  But you can see the players are getting it...and that's not just a testament to Hart....but to Baba and Derek King and all the staff as well.

Finally, much respeck to you and your post but I will say this.  Players like Tiger Fitzpatrick and Gary Glasgow performed yoeman service for T&T and did their best in their service for our country.  To call them bums and lame duck is unfair IMO.  I doubt you being literal and just likely expressing some frustration....but still....dem fellas have also done lots of good things for T&T

Respect always
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 05:45:34 PM by palos »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2015, 08:13:44 PM »
i don't think i will want to watch trinidad and tobago if hart was no longer the coach.

Hart is an excellent coach but I would be careful with the apparent hero worship.  T&T has other very good coaches. Hart just has been exposed to a level of football that most of our coaches have not.  That's in part due to the Canadian Federation but also the man himself who is a real ball ho.  He not just sleeps and eats football....he devours it.  He's read all the books by top coaches etc. 

One of the biggest differences you hear now from people in international football (other coaches, journalists etc) is that T&T is an organized team.    We were always "physical and strong".  Add organization to that as well as we're playing more technical and disciplined

Ask yourself why a player like Abu Bakr is an automatic pick on the Soca Warriors team.  A mega cruise ship does turn faster.  He not particularly strong in the air. 

But he is disciplined.  He's probably the best passer out of any of the back four, has good positional sense, and he's intelligent.  He kinda come like a Trini Mertesacker if you will. 

Hart trying to get the team to understand that possession of the ball is key.  That regaining the ball when it's lost is just as important.  And in order to possess the ball, one needs to have technical ability....especially when placed under pressure.  We need to play faster. more compact, and utilize our natural athleticism to full advantage.  And above all.....maintain discipline, shape, and composure.   These things don't come naturally to our players so it's nice to see them put it into practice.

These are the main areas of improvement for me and it is still very much a work in progress.  But you can see the players are getting it...and that's not just a testament to Hart....but to Baba and Derek King and all the staff as well.

Finally, much respeck to you and your post but I will say this.  Players like Tiger Fitzpatrick and Gary Glasgow performed yoeman service for T&T and did their best in their service for our country.  To call them bums and lame duck is unfair IMO.  I doubt you being literal and just likely expressing some frustration....but still....dem fellas have also done lots of good things for T&T

Respect always
but wha the ..Los I agree with everything yuh say..except respect for that post..that is not unfair, it's downright disrespectful and unappreciative.. ppl does act like ppl buy dey way on ah team..although I know for a fact National representation cost ppl lots of money aand time..and very few willing to even consider it,if they could..but this man want to tear up the ppl who tried..please .look let meh  not disrespect mehself... yellowcard.gif
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:16:09 PM by maxg »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2015, 01:07:17 AM »

Respect always
except for the part where you claimed that Trinidad has other great coaches, and I am assuming that you meant just as good as hart of which I totally disagree with, the rest of your post was directly in line with what I wrote.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:51:12 AM by pull stones »

1]; } ?>