March 28, 2024, 04:57:37 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report - TT vs Usa Nov 17th 2015  (Read 8774 times)

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report - TT vs Usa Nov 17th 2015
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2015, 02:26:47 PM »
Boss report Touches....

Dis line kill meh:  The paco rabane one million cologne that I sprayed on less than an hour before, ended up smelling like 50 cents by the time I actually saw the scaffolding entrance   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2015, 03:52:54 PM »
I would like to big up the Warrior Nation members who diligently and expertly brought out the giant flag. It was a sight to behold and they unfurled it quickly just before the anthem started. What a show of national pride, you really don't know the great response that flag gets from all those in the opposing stand and players on the field. Everybody turned and looked, all the camera men starting snapping away and phones just come out recording. When you are in grounds you don't see the reactions, but this act is an important one. Good job again for all those involved.

A caller to WIN moments ago described the pride she felt at seeing this flag unfurled. She identified herself as not being a football person. She saw it as an example of sports rallying people together.

I suggest that there be an exploration of whether the flag can be unfurled for more than the brief period of half time. What other options are available?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2015, 03:58:40 PM »
Beautiful picture.
Beautiful effort and team work and sacrifice of personal time.
Beautiful impact.
We salute the facilitators.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2015, 05:52:17 PM »
I would like to big up the Warrior Nation members who diligently and expertly brought out the giant flag. It was a sight to behold and they unfurled it quickly just before the anthem started. What a show of national pride, you really don't know the great response that flag gets from all those in the opposing stand and players on the field. Everybody turned and looked, all the camera men starting snapping away and phones just come out recording. When you are in grounds you don't see the reactions, but this act is an important one. Good job again for all those involved.

A caller to WIN moments ago described the pride she felt at seeing this flag unfurled. She identified herself as not being a football person. She saw it as an example of sports rallying people together.

I suggest that there be an exploration of whether the flag can be unfurled for more than the brief period of half time. What other options are available?

Off the top of my head, I can think of 2 options:

1) Either allowing the Flag to Float the entire Uncovered Section, pass it around sideways from section to section

OR

2) We do like the Big Clubs in Europe and place hundreds of mini-signs on seats where WN members can sit and raise in a coordinated fashion, giving the effect of a large Flag, or any Graphic we would like to have... Player's/Team Faces, Players Number, Warriors Logo, etc etc

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2015, 06:00:03 PM »

It was also displayed during the playing of the national anthem. If we score a goal, it is also unfurled. The main problem is dat a lot of non-footballing people does be out there and does ketch ah horrors when we bring it out. Dey does start tuh get on and ting. We eh want to get into de confrontation business.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2015, 06:07:23 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2015, 06:32:28 PM »
Canada Crowd Surfing Flag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ThwXMncec

Yuh know how we doh have no behavior ahready. It would be surprising if it made it all de way across de stadium. Sometimes de simplest tings does end being complicated because of we attitude. But we really do need a section and we do need something like a flag crew/posse who would be responsible for storing de flag, carrying it to and from de stadium, and managing it during de game. Ideally, it should be flown at every home game.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2015, 06:59:08 PM »
This is where the TTFA and media can work together.

Have a TV/Radio campaign before the game where the theme could be something like "Pass it on".

I love the idea where during the game...the flag is passed on through the crowd.  And I totally get what Tallman sayin when he talk bout people does ketch horrors.  We really doh have a football fan culture.

But we could latch onto to something that resonates with us.  An ad campaign that urges us to touch the flag....each of us.....to pass it on....the vibe, the energy, the spirit of Trinbago...all channeled through that flag....MIGHT....just MIGHT have some success.

And is not like we is strangers to hype.   De same way dey does hype up Army fete or any other fete prior to the actual fete date....on Radio, TV etc....we could do the same for the football.

The flag is a conduit....a demonstration to the world that this is WE....Trinbagonians on full display in all we glory.

Same crowd have no problems doin a Mexican Wave.  Dey could pass on de flag....
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2015, 07:18:40 PM »
Canada Crowd Surfing Flag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ThwXMncec

Yuh know how we doh have no behavior ahready. It would be surprising if it made it all de way across de stadium. Sometimes de simplest tings does end being complicated because of we attitude. But we really do need a section and we do need something like a flag crew/posse who would be responsible for storing de flag, carrying it to and from de stadium, and managing it during de game. Ideally, it should be flown at every home game.

Correct is right! No behaviour! Whaever is decided, mus have a well coordinated approach. The last thing u want is some drunk idiot, who eh pass the flag properly get in fight and end up cussin way people cuz he tangle up a gyal weave and wrap the end of d flag rong she neck

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »

It was also displayed during the playing of the national anthem. If we score a goal, it is also unfurled. The main problem is dat a lot of non-footballing people does be out there and does ketch ah horrors when we bring it out. Dey does start tuh get on and ting. We eh want to get into de confrontation business.

Then whappen during the women's home game v. Ecuador? I recall only seeing it at the half.

Tuesday when the anthem was playing I still hadn't 'surfaced' yet. I was too busy trying to evade the hundreds of patrons trying to geh een. Frankly, if there was an occasion or cause for misbehaviour by fans, I thought it would have been Tuesday.

From the lil snippet I saw, the fans might have been better behaved than one segment of the protective services. Just one policewoman alone was carrying on bad. In 5 minutes she threatened to arrest a soldier and proclaimed to have taken off her weapon because she was being "nice".

She by herself was playing badjohn. SM frigging H.

Despite de fact that she end up 'darlin' me, it was exclusively her ignorance that caused me to miss our opening attempt on goal.

Once again, the TTFA failed at event management and protocol. It really should NOT be that hard. As a starter, doh vest the police with discretion that impacts fundamental constituencies. There should be organisational decision-makers, at the points of entry, who deal with protocol. If a problem of conduct or safety arises, then that should rightly become the province of Babylon, but failing that ... oh gorm! What is the benefit of having police behaving in an arbitrary and capricious manner?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2015, 07:29:13 PM »
Once again, the TTFA failed at event management and protocol. It really should NOT be that hard. As a starter, doh vest the police with discretion that impacts fundamental constituencies. There should be organisational decision-makers, at the points of entry, who deal with protocol. If a problem of conduct or safety arises, then that should rightly become the province of Babylon, but failing that ... oh gorm! What is the benefit of having police behaving in an arbitrary and capricious manner?

Some posters say that SPORTT responsible for event organisation at the Stadium.  If correct....I would think they have to bear the brunt of criticism.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2015, 07:32:59 PM »
This is where the TTFA and media can work together.

Have a TV/Radio campaign before the game where the theme could be something like "Pass it on".

I love the idea where during the game...the flag is passed on through the crowd.  And I totally get what Tallman sayin when he talk bout people does ketch horrors.  We really doh have a football fan culture.

But we could latch onto to something that resonates with us.  An ad campaign that urges us to touch the flag....each of us.....to pass it on....the vibe, the energy, the spirit of Trinbago...all channeled through that flag....MIGHT....just MIGHT have some success.

And is not like we is strangers to hype.   De same way dey does hype up Army fete or any other fete prior to the actual fete date....on Radio, TV etc....we could do the same for the football.

The flag is a conduit....a demonstration to the world that this is WE....Trinbagonians on full display in all we glory.

Same crowd have no problems doin a Mexican Wave.  Dey could pass on de flag....

Good points.

If our media wasn't so pliant, some of them would express their well-founded grouses to the TTFA.

I watched media personnel pleading to get in to the event even as their media passes and lanyards hung glaringly around their necks. Babylon was playing selective as if outside a selective nightclub. Allyuh could pass, but not dem. No, not you but you etc. I watch C News reach and geh in after a lil sweet talk ... bypassing some of their professional colleagues that couldn't geh in despite sweet talk or no sweet talk. Truth be told, most just stood there looking something between impassively to incredulously at the ignorance they were witnessing.

Media and the fed have to smoothen out that arrangement. I understand there was another media access, but if the police eh educated as to the variables, doh expect them to apply them sensibly.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2015, 07:39:53 PM »

Some posters say that SPORTT responsible for event organisation at the Stadium.  If correct....I would think they have to bear the brunt of criticism.

Some ah dem same SPORTT ppl say de buck starts and stops with de fed. Also some a dem say, dey cyah overrride police authority ... and dat de police came and hijack de scenes. I see a fella from SPORTT trying to reason wid de police ... to little to no avail. Dat eh suppose to be he wuk. Inefficient arrangement.

Ah man geh up in parliament today and say he geh turn away at de gates because he is UNC. Also in the mix, several high profile personalities geh ruff up to geh in. Plus word is there was a hole in de fence that was located to circumvent de wait.

Somebody need to wake up. Planning for de Hex needs to be much better.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2015, 07:50:56 PM »
for those who don't know how Touches calls it Exact
"He has a kinda buddha iron palm, once he hit yuh dat you are kept at bay and then he just moves off.
"
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:01:22 PM by Tallman »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2015, 10:01:48 AM »
for those who don't know how Touches calls it Exact
"He has a kinda buddha iron palm, once he hit yuh dat you are kept at bay and then he just moves off.
"

Touches is a boss! The man has a photographic memory yes!!  :salute:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2015, 11:29:35 AM »
yea man Touches...good stuff

check a photo from the match

« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:40:20 AM by Tallman »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2015, 12:08:58 PM »
The teams walk out and we stand up for the Anthems and greetings from the dignitaries. Last few games when they announced the heads of state and the government ministers a loud boo would be heard from the crowd. This rounds it was a big cheer for Dr. Rowley and the loudest cheer went to Russel Latapy who greeted the players as well.

De Anthem and de Flag

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FP9FmHg_NWo?start=228" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FP9FmHg_NWo?start=228</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2015, 12:13:04 PM »
Nicely done Big Mag. Nice pic.
Dem fellas Gally & Ron La Forest feelin' the need for appreciation too as BraveHart makes them currently feel that he is sucking up all the oxygen of attention and compounds their feeling of irrelevance as coaches.
Good that you were able to sooth that feeling of Renraw-initiated persecution, neglect and abandonment that Renraw, Uncle Tim have managed to institutionalize.
They may have wounds, but hopefully a new day (with the end of Uncle Tim) will help them to heal. As Steve David said on his show to Gally: "Let it go" bro.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 12:14:51 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2015, 02:15:43 PM »
The teams walk out and we stand up for the Anthems and greetings from the dignitaries. Last few games when they announced the heads of state and the government ministers a loud boo would be heard from the crowd. This rounds it was a big cheer for Dr. Rowley and the loudest cheer went to Russel Latapy who greeted the players as well.

De Anthem and de Flag

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FP9FmHg_NWo?start=228" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FP9FmHg_NWo?start=228</a>
Wait nah?! We couldn't give Rowley a new Joma kit? De man sporting ah old generic adidas jersey!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2015, 02:38:06 PM »

De Anthem and de Flag

Wait nah?! We couldn't give Rowley a new Joma kit? De man sporting ah old generic adidas jersey!

TTFA slip-up bad on that one!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline panterry1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2015, 02:52:26 PM »

De Anthem and de Flag

TTFA slip-up bad on that one!
He could a put on a suit.  That is no TTFA fault. ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2015, 11:37:01 AM »
Boss report Touches....

Dis line kill meh:  The paco rabane one million cologne that I sprayed on less than an hour before, ended up smelling like 50 cents by the time I actually saw the scaffolding entrance   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

CO-SIGN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2015, 01:25:49 PM »

Tallman maybe you guys should open it on the track behind the goal  or somewhere behind there more room .Just an idea .

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2015, 11:37:50 PM »
Excellent report! 

I took a quick look the day after but did not have the time to respond.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2015, 03:03:55 AM »
Always the best reports touches! Thanks  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

1]; } ?>