Maylee Attin-Johnson
2 (2%)
Mariah Shade
1 (1%)
Other Female
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: December 22, 2015, 06:41:00 AM

Author Topic: SWO T&T Players of the Year.  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
SWO T&T Players of the Year.
« on: November 22, 2015, 06:41:00 AM »
Okay guys, the end of the year is quickly approaching and the Soca Warriors Online is doing a special on T&T players of the year. Both male and female.

You are allowed to make 2 selections, one for male and the other for female.

Voting will closed a month from now, December 22nd.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:32:42 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: SWO T&T Players of the Year.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 08:28:17 AM »
Kenwyne Jones and Ahkeela Mollon gets my vote.

Mollon is also more media and people friendly, she makes the fans feel closer to her.

KJ was tops even though he give Mexico 2 goals in de gold cup he more than made up for it.

The Black Beast is a boss.

I also like Cummings.

And Hyland really improve.

Joevin was good to, but he does disappear sometimes.

Boucaud is de most composed player, he is a very smart footballer to.

George is ah next important player.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:13:24 AM »
Bateau for me...He really came in and claim that starting role in the defence. When last we weren't always nervous when the other team attacking? Right before Bateau became a regular
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 04:19:43 PM »
Bateau for me...He really came in and claim that starting role in the defence. When last we weren't always nervous when the other team attacking? Right before Bateau became a regular

He has improved quite a bit. His first few games with the senior team weren't all that impressive, and he did a less than stellar job defending set pieces. However, I no longer see those weaknesses.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 08:55:52 AM »
Bateau, George and Boucaud was consistently good but Kenwyne was really class even when he messed up, like against Mexico, he made up for it.

Hyland, Joevin and Cato was great to, just need to be a little more consistent.

Kenwyne and Mollon gets my vote.

Mollon has a good attitude also. Arin King dont seem to friendly and to be player of the year, you have to be overall. But she is great on the field, really helped us.

Hutchinson is another positive player all round.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:57:40 AM by Errol »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 09:24:01 PM »
Bateau, George and Boucaud was consistently good but Kenwyne was really class even when he messed up, like against Mexico, he made up for it.

Mollon has a good attitude also. Arin King dont seem to friendly and to be player of the year, you have to be overall. But she is great on the field, really helped us.

King needs to be friendly? 

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 05:21:58 AM »

King needs to be friendly? 

Media and vocal, as a captain.

Don't mean no disrespect.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 07:29:43 AM »

I have criticised Kenwyne a lot in the past but this year he really step up not only as a player but also as a leader. So he would get my vote for 2015 player of the year.

As for the women team not sure. No clear cut winner there

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 06:05:43 PM »

I have criticised Kenwyne a lot in the past but this year he really step up not only as a player but also as a leader. So he would get my vote for 2015 player of the year.

As for the women team not sure. No clear cut winner there

Your bit on KJ is similar to my thoughts about him. In the past I have been 50/50 on him. But since Hart took over the team he has played so well that I am inclined to give him my vote. He and the team are in sync. It is hard for me to describe any better. Apart from the UNC money business with Sancho, yes, he has lead the team well.

As for the women, I am hedging on Arin King. She has been consistent all along. Kamika is a close second. May-Lee is close to Kamika also.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 12:09:07 AM »
After years filled with uninspiring performances KJ has become the inspiration, the talisman. Scoring regularly, in all sorts of games and being a leader as the others have stated. He deserves the POTY.

For the female POTY, that would be between Mollon and Arin. Mollon has provided an x factor in games though she needs to improve on her end product. She is actually an excellent coach and can relate well on that level, which is probably why she may come across as more welcoming and friendly.

Arin is reserved. Composed and level headed on and off the field. She can grow into the captaincy if need be and her calm level headedness was necessary to deal with the fractured set up. She is class.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 06:50:33 AM »
Blessings to all SWO . Meaning , purpose and Direction for the New Year and big up to our National team.
 I would have given the award to Joevin Jones, he showed up big time when we needed him most.
 Like Willian for Chelsea. However KJ gave his all for our team under Hart and that passion is what was missing over the years , not to mention his Leadership and his ability to motivate the younger players.
 King is pure class and machine like efficiency for the Women. Someone mentioned she is not friendly, one does not get pick on a National team for Friendliness. I like her Quiet efficiency.
 KJ and King are my pick. Flex thanks for keeping us honest. Continue to say what you see , until you see what you say..

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 07:03:56 AM »
Although I voted before the deadline I never did post.
Voted for Sheldon Bateau and Arin King.
Two big Central defenders who always perform at their best.
Both keep their back lines calm under pressure.
Both will be fixtures in their respective teams for years.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 04:16:39 PM »
Blessings to all SWO . Meaning , purpose and Direction for the New Year and big up to our National team.
 I would have given the award to Joevin Jones, he showed up big time when we needed him most.
 Like Willian for Chelsea. However KJ gave his all for our team under Hart and that passion is what was missing over the years , not to mention his Leadership and his ability to motivate the younger players.
 King is pure class and machine like efficiency for the Women. Someone mentioned she is not friendly, one does not get pick on a National team for Friendliness. I like her Quiet efficiency.
 KJ and King are my pick. Flex thanks for keeping us honest. Continue to say what you see , until you see what you say..

De whole team playing well. De problem why Kenwyne over de rest is because he leading de team by example, he consistent and when he f00ck up, he more than making up for it. Like Flex outline it vs Mexico was a perfect example, this is why de article is tops because it cover everything so man can't come up and talk shit.

Joevin improve a lot but he not consistent.

Bateau or Cummings woulda be a good second choice.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>