March 28, 2024, 02:30:23 PM

Author Topic: 2015 International Tournament of Natal  (Read 17393 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 International Tournament of Natal
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 09:49:27 PM »
P.S. Who is the "coach"?

Anthony Creece

Get rid of Creece immediately. Immediately and send him packing to home.
Either he has no damn awareness of his limitations or he does not care about losing like a backside as long as he gets a 10 days to go Brazil
The same issue again as seen under Spence. Mediocrity encouraged by the old culture of cronyism, is not an option. The country's image is being damaged by these performances
DJW, we need a change desperately, I hope you are hearing loud and clear. Lasana please put pen to paper
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2015, 12:01:57 AM »
I'll admit, I'm a Brazil fan but they disappoint me dey. The coach knew the situation as it was our B team with our A team scheduled to play the US tomorrow. After 6 or 7 he should've instruct his team to hold back, as Che said I hope we win our next 2 games and meet them in the finals.
Why?
I was just venting but at this level it's our duty to stop them and not otherwise. Plus Brazil is probably trying to make up for the early WC exit.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 03:48:16 AM »
Brazil Women defeat T&T at the das Dunas Arena.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

A Trinidad and Tobago National Women’s Team, comprising several reserve players suffered a 11-0 defeat to Brazil’s Senior Team in their opening game of the 2015 International Tournament of Natal at Arenas das Dunas in Brazil on Wednesday night.

Brazilian star forward Marta led the onslaught with five goals. The goals came from Marta (10’, 28’, 30’, 52’ and 58’), Beatriz (33’, 55’, 64’), Debinha (48’), Raquel (70’) and Rilany (79’).

Canada also started on a winning note, stopping Mexico 3-0 in the opening game of the tournament with captain Christine St Clair netting a double, which put her one goal away from tying Mia Hamm (158) as the second all-time scorer in women’s soccer, behind Abby Wambach (184) of the United States.

T&T coach Anthony Creece predicted a rough time for the T&T side which had captain Maylee Attin-Johnson as the most experienced player in its squad.

The TTFA received the invitation from the tournament organizers last week after Croatia pulled out with all expenses being provided and newly elected President David John Williams felt it was an opportunity that could not be turned down.

After consulting with some of the stakeholders, a decision was taken to send a 13-member squad with the appearance in Natal being seen as an effort to improve the Senior Team pool and allow for much needed game experience ahead of the CONCACAF Final Round of 2016 Olympic qualifiers in a few months time. Some of the current first team players, in San Antonio for Thursday’s match with the U.S. are expected to join the team in Natal on the weekend.

“We knew it was going to be very tough for us in the first game,” Creece told TTFA Media.

“Brazil came out strongly and they never allowed us to settle. Our players were eager to do well but Brazil, at home, proved to be just too much and they dominated the game in large parts.

“We just have to pick ourselves up and get ready for the next game against Canada,” Creece added.

“I think it would be a valuable experience for a lot of the players on this team and hopefully they can come back strongly. No player likes to go down this heavily. We didn’t have much on the bench neither but we’ll lick our wounds and come back for the next game looking to make improvements.

“The bigger picture is obviously the Olympic qualifiers next year and the players here in Natal will be looking to keep building towards getting selected and doing well in the competition next year,” he added.

T&T’s next game will be against Canada on Sunday evening at the Arena das Dunas.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 05:38:05 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago Women’s 11-0 loss to Brazil
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jKp3mcQq8mo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jKp3mcQq8mo</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2015, 05:41:33 AM »
A Team or B Team, this is unacceptable.

Fire that coach one time. De goal line coulda be 14-0.

This is what happens when yuh depend on certain players.

Imagine Maylee eh play football since July, she grudgeful against de TTFA and she coming of a long injury, but de coach just throw she on de team.

After this tournament nobody eh go want to play we.

De lil reputation de team build done now.

Hopefully Randy Waldrum save we.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 05:46:34 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2015, 06:38:40 AM »
Imagine Maylee eh play football since July, she grudgeful against de TTFA and she coming of a long injury, but de coach just throw she on de team.

Actually, she was one of the more composed players on de ball.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2015, 06:48:08 AM »

Nobody eh saying she cah play, but when you not fit and to play center midfield as de ball winner, after a while when tiredness take yuh, de midfield will fall apart and then de team go follow.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2015, 07:33:54 AM »

Nobody eh saying she cah play, but when you not fit and to play center midfield as de ball winner, after a while when tiredness take yuh, de midfield will fall apart and then de team go follow.

She was playing in a more advanced role last night, not as a ball winner.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:16:26 AM by Tallman »

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2015, 07:35:39 AM »
One question. Who, in their brilliant mind, thought it would be a good idea, to send a T&T b-squad against a full strength Brazil National women's team? Well, at least the T&T players know just how far off they are from real professionals. I watched the Brazil training video. Do our women warriors do even half of what teams like USA and Brazil do? It doesn't seem so.
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2015, 07:38:36 AM »
P.S. Who is the "coach"?

Anthony Creece

Either he has no damn awareness of his limitations or he does not care about losing like a backside as long as he gets a 10 days to go Brazil
The same issue again as seen under Spence. Mediocrity encouraged by the old culture of cronyism, is not an option. The country's image is being damaged by these performances
DJW, we need a change desperately, I hope you are hearing loud and clear. Lasana please put pen to paper
You're not serious are you? Get rid of the coach ? That "B" team is ripe for 15 against Brazil's first team even if Waldron was coaching! Don't be ridiculous!
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2015, 08:20:59 AM »
One question. Who, in their brilliant mind, thought it would be a good idea, to send a T&T b-squad against a full strength Brazil National women's team?

It was a last-minute invitation to a tournament with high profile teams. It was a risk because of the conflict in schedule with the "A" team playing the USA around the same time. However, the alternative was to do nothing, hope for de best, and then go straight into the final round of CONCACAF Olympic qualifying with not much true match practice under our belts. This is a chance to play Canada, who we will be meeting in February. In the end some people would say it's worth it, others would say it's not.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2015, 08:28:53 AM »
One question. Who, in their brilliant mind, thought it would be a good idea, to send a T&T b-squad against a full strength Brazil National women's team? Well, at least the T&T players know just how far off they are from real professionals. I watched the Brazil training video. Do our women warriors do even half of what teams like USA and Brazil do? It doesn't seem so.

it was unfortunate that TT first game was Brazil. With the core of the team in Houston to play the US tonight, I think, it would be difficult for the 2nd string team to contain Marta and the Vandallas. This was a perfect target practice for Brazil. For all the negative talk about the defeat, there is somethings these girls should take from this defeat. This is what real football is about. If you are not prepared, you will be crushed. If they are serious about playing football, they have to make the effort to improve and not be embarrassed in the future. I hope DJW see how deficient the women's teams are. So the ball is in his court now.

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2015, 08:43:46 AM »

it was unfortunate that TT first game was Brazil. With the core of the team in Houston to play the US tonight, I think, it would be difficult for the 2nd string team to contain Marta and the Vandallas. This was a perfect target practice for Brazil. For all the negative talk about the defeat, there is somethings these girls should take from this defeat. This is what real football is about. If you are not prepared, you will be crushed. If they are serious about playing football, they have to make the effort to improve and not be embarrassed in the future. I hope DJW see how deficient the women's teams are. So the ball is in his court now.
Agreed

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2015, 08:50:39 AM »
One question. Who, in their brilliant mind, thought it would be a good idea, to send a T&T b-squad against a full strength Brazil National women's team?

It was a last-minute invitation to a tournament with high profile teams. It was a risk because of the conflict in schedule with the "A" team playing the USA around the same time. However, the alternative was to do nothing, hope for de best, and then go straight into the final round of CONCACAF Olympic qualifying with not much true match practice under our belts. This is a chance to play Canada, who we will be meeting in February. In the end some people would say it's worth it, others would say it's not.
Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't I guess. It certainly was a win/win situation for Brazil. At least the b-squad will get some high level match practice. And you're right, the coaching staff will get a good look at Canada first hand. Women's football in this country is still in the adolescent stage as far as I'm concerned. We got a good way to go still. If only the powers that be would get their head out of their butts and do some real work.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2015, 09:10:13 AM »
so what change that we can afford to send 2 women teams up and down the hemisphere now ? We didn't need to play Canada, we playing USA, followed by a couple US colleges, would have been a good measure and learning experience. Anyway..something else happening.
What the men schedule like or dey have none ?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2015, 09:29:44 AM »
so what change that we can afford to send 2 women teams up and down the hemisphere now ? We didn't need to play Canada, we playing USA, followed by a couple US colleges, would have been a good measure and learning experience. Anyway..something else happening.
What the men schedule like or dey have none ?
As far as I understand, this is a all expense paid tournament for us. We were added last minute to replace a team that dropped out, however we were already scheduled to play 2 games vs the US. So after tonight's game, coach Waldrum and the squad will go join the other team at the tournament.
We could've declined the last minute invitation or we could've jumped on the opportunity running the risked of getting lambasted by Brazil for the first game with a weaker team. Given our financial state, we aren't in a position to turn down these kind of games at little or no cost to us. It's just unfortunate both invitations overlapped each other.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2015, 11:51:53 AM »
As far as I understand, this is a all expense paid tournament for us. We were added last minute to replace a team that dropped out, however we were already scheduled to play 2 games vs the US. So after tonight's game, coach Waldrum and the squad will go join the other team at the tournament.
We could've declined the last minute invitation or we could've jumped on the opportunity running the risked of getting lambasted by Brazil for the first game with a weaker team. Given our financial state, we aren't in a position to turn down these kind of games at little or no cost to us. It's just unfortunate both invitations overlapped each other.

You sure about this?  Don't hold your breath.  I won't criticize the choice, but without the benefit of a full-strength team and the first team coach, I fail to see how this will benefit the senior women's program.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »

You sure about this?  Don't hold your breath.  I won't criticize the choice, but without the benefit of a full-strength team and the first team coach, I fail to see how this will benefit the senior women's program.
I could've sworn I read that somewhere but you're right, I won't hold my breath on that one. I'm hoping at least some of our first team players can join them.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2015, 01:25:27 PM »
I could've sworn I read that somewhere but you're right, I won't hold my breath on that one. I'm hoping at least some of our first team players can join them.

The news I'm getting out of San Antonio isn't very promising at all.  At this point I'd say it's highly unlikely that either Waldrum or his son will be there.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2015, 11:18:49 PM »
what news?

their visas not gonna come thru in time?

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2015, 11:26:31 PM »
P.S. Who is the "coach"?

Anthony Creece

Pure emotion here in this post. No thought put into it.
no offense dude

but the women's program has been in a mess since that Ecuador game.
If they cant pay them any stipend, dont have that on the table as an incentive. Simple
You lose out on some key players maybe, but you dont put the federation at risk of more negative press.

Dont make promises you can't keep.

Also, the U17, U20 and senior teams have had a very busy schedule recently.
some players playing for a couple of these teams.

Players in college, on tour/camp or playing in a tournament has resulted in the other team missing players for training.
With that said, the national teams maybe need to widen their scope and increase their pool of players for situations like this.

Also funding was very poor and witnessed it first hand.
Very frustrating as a coach and mgmt to be part of this, especially when your salary is not guaranteed to be paid on time and have to depend on some volunteer services to help out

it is a crazy situation for all teams and a cash injection is not going to solve it.
a proper plan and structure is needed badly.
Consulting other programs in maybe jamaica or the US should be an option instead of going in blindly as we tend to do in many areas in this country.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2015, 01:12:36 PM »
what news?

They wanted them to drive 5 hours roundtrip yesterday from San Antonio, back to Houston to pick up the visas... on matchday at that.  I know they didn't make that drive so chances are they don't have their visas.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2015, 03:18:18 PM »
what news?

They wanted them to drive 5 hours roundtrip yesterday from San Antonio, back to Houston to pick up the visas... on matchday at that.  I know they didn't make that drive so chances are they don't have their visas.

Visas to enter where?

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2015, 03:43:38 PM »
what news?

Visas to enter where?

US citizens require visas to enter Brazil.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2015, 03:53:48 PM »
Arin King, Khadidra Debesette, Janine Francois, Ahkeela Mollon, Mariah Shade, Patrice Superville, Victoria Swift and Karyn Forbes are all expected to represent the Women Warriors in Brazil.

Lauryn Hutchinson, Janice Johnson, Kimika Forbes and Brianna Ryce have all opted out for various reasons while Saundra Baron, Amira Walcott, Liana Hinds, Danielle Blair, Nia Walcott, Tasha St Louis and Kennya Cordner already either ruled themselves out or were overlooked for the trip.

Lauryn Hutchinson, Brianna Ryce, Liana Hinds, Danielle Blair and Kennya Cordner is big losses.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:10:47 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2015, 04:16:54 PM »
what news?

Visas to enter where?

US citizens require visas to enter Brazil.

Thanks. This provides clarification as to whom the "them" referred.

Other than that ... ah au fait and can see how that bubbled. Good intentions and paved paths to hell.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »

Do you know if we incurred any financial cost in participating here, or was this an all (and I do mean ALL) expenses paid trip?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2015, 05:35:43 PM »
Arin King, Khadidra Debesette, Janine Francois, Ahkeela Mollon, Mariah Shade, Patrice Superville, Victoria Swift and Karyn Forbes are all expected to represent the Women Warriors in Brazil.

Lauryn Hutchinson, Janice Johnson, Kimika Forbes and Brianna Ryce have all opted out for various reasons while Saundra Baron, Amira Walcott, Liana Hinds, Danielle Blair, Nia Walcott, Tasha St Louis and Kennya Cordner already either ruled themselves out or were overlooked for the trip.

Lauryn Hutchinson, Brianna Ryce, Liana Hinds, Danielle Blair and Kennya Cordner is big losses.

Do you know if Waldrum and any of his staff will be going?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:37:43 PM by soccerman »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2015, 06:05:30 PM »

Diaz all? And they from Texas? Why they couldn't make the drive today?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2015, 07:24:14 PM »
Diaz all? And they from Texas? Why they couldn't make the drive today?

Allyuh men is kicks yes... go ask the Brazilian embassy why they tell them to come yesterday and not today.

1]; } ?>