April 16, 2024, 07:54:00 AM

Author Topic: Latest News on T&T Athletes at Home & Abroad (2016 T&F Season Edition)  (Read 7483 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Thompson, Baptiste, Cedenio among locals attending ‘High Performance’ summit
Published on Nov 10, 2015, 9:15 pm AST (T&T Express)

ELITE GROUP: Members of the T&T contingent attending the High Performance summit in Texas, USA.

The bpTT, Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) and the Michael Johnson Performance (MJP) inaugural High Performance Summit got underway at the Michael Johnson World Training Centre in McKinney, Texas, on Monday and will conclude on Friday.

This year, the bpTT/TTOC/MJP Team TTO (Trinidad & Tobago) Road to Rio Summit focus is preparing podium ready athletes as they prepare for the upcoming Rio 2016 Olympic Games.

Nine elite track and field athletes will undergo a series of evaluation and assessment as well as media and mental conditioning training.

The athletes attending the summit are Richard Thompson, Kelly-Ann Baptiste, Michelle-Lee Ahye, Semoy Hackett, Machel Cedenio, Mikel Thomas, Emmanuel Callender, Jarrin Solomon and Wayne Davis. Four time Trinidad and Tobago Olympic medalist Ato Boldon and fellow coach, Eric Francis are amongst the Trinidad and Tobago contingent attending the summit. The bpTT/TTOC/MJP Summit 2015 forms part of the overall #10Gold24 athlete preparation programme.

Francis, coach of Michelle-Lee Ahye, said: “This is a really good idea definitely a step in the right direction in track and field and sports in Trinidad and Tobago. I congratulate the TTOC on a great initiative.”

Lance Walker, Executive vice president Global Performance Director, added: “its all about the athletes and providing them and their coaches with complementary support. These are world class athletes and coaches doing some great things. Our role is to add value where and when required.”
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:43:23 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warren smashes T&T junior record
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 08:08:20 AM »
Warren smashes T&T junior record
By Kwame Laurence, kwame.laurence@trinidadexpress.com
Published on Dec 6, 2015, 8:47 pm AST (T&T Express)

Portious Warren competing in women’s shot put at HCS

Portious Warren smashed the national Girls Under-20 shot put record at the Paradise Valley Community College (PVCC) Holiday Open, in Arizona, USA, on Saturday.

Warren threw the iron ball 16.20 metres to erase Annie Alexander’s nine-year-old Trinidad and Tobago junior standard from the books. Alexander established her 15.87m record at the 2006 World Junior Championships, in Beijing, China.

Warren was victorious in Saturday’s women’s shot put competition, dominating with an impressive series of throws. The Central Arizona College student opened with a 15.41m effort, and followed up with her big 16.20m throw. In rounds three, four and five, she landed the shot 15.03m, 15.39m and 15.36m. And in the sixth and final round, Warren produced her second best throw on the day, 15.60m.

Second-placed Jess St John, of Antigua, only managed a 15.14m effort, while third-placed Trevia Gumbs, a British Virgin Islands (BVI) athlete, threw 12.32m.

Warren was in fine form this year, grabbing Under-20 gold at the Carifta Games in Basseterre, St Kitts with a 15.22m effort, and following up with silver at the Pan American Junior Championships in Edmonton, Canada with a big 15.57m throw. Warren clashed with Gumbs at both meets. The BVI thrower finished second at Carifta and sixth at Pan Am Juniors.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:44:22 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Michelle-Lee breaks two Reveille Indoor meet records
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 08:09:20 AM »
Track and Field | Dec 12, 2015 |
Michelle-Lee breaks two Reveille Indoor meet records

4th win of year: Michelle-Lee Ahye

COLLEGE STATION – Aggie frosh Jazmine Fray challenged the Texas A&M school record while winning the 1,000 meters in 2 minutes, 50.39 seconds during the eighth edition of the Reveille Invitational, which opened the indoor season in front of 1,327 fans inside the Gilliam Indoor Stadium on Saturday.

Another Aggie freshman, Donavan Brazier, set the meet record in the mile with a 4:07.86 clocking while A&M sophomore Audie Wyatt broke the pole vault meet record with a 17-5 clearance. Senior Daniel Martin improved his winning score in the pentathlon with a tally of 3,706 points.

"It's December and I talked to our team about being good in June," said Texas A&M head coach Pat Henry. "We're fortunate to be able to get on the track today and compete. We have this meet so athletes can figure out where they are as a result of the training they've done to this point. No matter how hard you train, though, we can see who is competitive. That's what we've seen today."

Meet records were also set by Michelle-Lee Ahye of Trinidad and Tobago in the women's 60 and 200 meters with times of 7.14 and 23.19, along with TCU's tandem of Ronnie Baker in the men's 60 (6.61) and Brianna McGhee in the 60 hurdles (8.26).

Winning the race in a meet record time of 2:50.39 left Fray trailing the school record mark of 2:49.01 set in 2003 by Angeles Pantoja during the Big 12 Championships.

Fray eclipsed the Reveille meet record of 2:52.66 set by Katie Willard last season. Willard claimed the women's mile in 5:00.34 this weekend ahead of teammates Laura Craig (5:02.62) and Katie Watson (5:03.23).

"I had a lot of confidence going into the race," noted Fray. "I definitely wanted to break the school record. That's what I was going for. I'm not disappointed that I missed it, I'm really happy with my performance. It was a really good race and I set a PR.

"This was my first meet for Texas A&M and my first time running in a Texas A&M uniform so I was so excited and I was ready to go."

Fray clipped off splits of 32.10, 35.23 (1:07.33), 35.36 (1:42.68), 35.02 (2:17.70) and 32.70 in achieving the victory over Houston's Ebony White (2:52.70). In the first lap, White led the field with a 31.87. Then Fray moved into the lead and held it for the remainder of the race.

"I wanted to go faster, so I took the lead and it felt really good," stated Fray, who is from Long Island, New York, holds career best times of 2:09.07 in the 800 and 4:37.85 in the 1,500 meters. "My 600m time was where I wanted it to be and in my last 400 I knew I really wanted to kick as much as I could.

"It's really good going forward for my 800. Even though it's only an extra 200m, it gives you the strength and endurance as well as confidence to know what you can go through in the 800."

Michigan native Brazier had a spirited race over the mile distance with his teammates as the top five Aggie finishers bettered the 4:14.22 standard set last season by Sam Houston's Jeffrey Moore.

Brazier edged Riba, who is from Illinois, at the line, 4:07.86 to 4:08.17, as Hector Hernandez finished third in 4:11.34. Nathan Ricketts (4:13.13) and Ian Cazares (4:13.85) battled for the fourth position. The time by Brazier ranks No. 14 on the A&M all-time list while Riba missed his indoor PR by just a tenth of a second.

Josh Hernandez served as rabbit in the race, covering the first two laps in 58.89 and going through the halfway point in 2:00.32. Then Brazier led the field the remainder of the race, posting 3:07.38 with two laps remaining. He ran the last two laps in 60.05 and final lap in 28.72.

"We had a rabbit for the mile and had set a time of 1:57, but it felt too fast," said Brazier, who has career bests of 4:07.15 in the mile and 1:47.55 in the 800. "I like to sit and kick. With the distance guys we had in the race I knew if I could stay with them through three-quarters of the race then I could outkick them. But I ended up leading the latter half of the race."

Brazier later ran a 47.46 leg on the Aggie 4x400 relay, repeating a double he did on a regular basis in high school.

"Usually during conference or regionals I would combine the two," explained Brazier. "Today I left it all out there for the mile, because I knew that was my individual race. My main goal in the 4x400 was to get out and beat Houston and TCU. I want to get my split down, though, 47.4 isn't going to cut it at Texas A&M."

A game of passing heights occurred in the pole vault as facility record holder Jason Colwick opted to skip 17-5 and 17-9 after he made 17-1. Wyatt had made first attempt clearances at 16-7 ¼, 17-1 and 17-5 before missing three attempts at 17-9. When Colwick missed his three attempts at 18-3, the victory went to Wyatt with Colwick runner-up.

Wyatt's 17-5 mark improved the meet record of 17-0 ¾ set by Taylor Reed of UTSA in 2012. Aggie Carl Johansson finished third (16-7 ¼) with Jacob Wooten fourth (16-1 ¼) while Chase Wolfle no heighted at 16-7 ¼.

"I'll take 17-5 any day for my first meet," said Wyatt, who has an indoor best of 17-6 ¼. "Today I felt really good and having Jason here really pushed me. I came into the meet hoping to beat him or keep up with him since he is a good competitor.

"I think he got a little ahead of himself passing those heights. It kind of freaked me out when he skipped from 17-1 to 18-3. I got a little ahead of myself and I asked coach if I could skip too, but I'm glad I didn't. I stayed the course."

Martin closed out his pentathlon victory with a strong run in the 1,000 meters as he scored 984 points from a 2:30.32 clocking, which would have placed him third in the open 1,000m.

Scoring 3,706 points placed Martin ahead of teammates Nathan Hite (3,493) and Ben Zook (3,350). Martin ran 8.41 (881 points) in the 60 hurdles, had a 21-3 ¼ (693) in the long jump, 37-5 ¼ (571) in the shot put, and cleared 5-8 ½ (577) in the high jump.

Shamier Little ran second leg of the winning 4x400 relay for the A group of Aggies, splitting 53.06 in moving the squad into first place. The relay, which won in 3:39.65, included Krystal Sparling (55.30), Little, Jazmine Fray (55.17) and Aaliyah Brown (56.13).

The B group of Aggies, posting a 3:43.03, finished second with a crew of Jarra Owens (55.78), Briyahna Desrosiers (53.64), Diamond Spaulding (56.27) and Brenessa Thompson (57.35). TCU finished third in 3:43.27 with Houston fourth in 3:47.15.

Track Station, comprised of Aggie All-Americans, won the men's 4x400 relay in 3:07.11 with the foursome of Deon Lendore (46.52), Bralon Taplin (45.74), Demetrius Pinder (46.12) and Shavez Hart (48.73).

A second group of Track Station ran 3:10.93 to win another section of the 4x400 with squad that included former Houston Cougar Errol Nolan (47.54) along with A&M All-Americans Gregory Coleman (47.45), Carlyle Roudette (48.30) and Ricky Babineaux (47.66).

Texas A&M men posted a time of 3:08.38 to defeat Houston (3:12.91) and a second Aggie unit (3:13.20) while TCU ran the first three legs of the relay. The first Aggie crew consisted of Deon Hickey (47.40), Fred Kerley (46.72), Donavan Brazier (47.46) and Richard Rose (46.80).

The second A&M squad included Ilolo Izu (48.34), Hector Hernandez (48.25), Robert Grant (48.33), and Gaines Kinsey (48.28).

A pair of winning Aggies moved to No. 3 on the A&M women's all-time lists in the pole vault and weight throw.

Sara Kathryn Stevens set an indoor PR by clearing 13-4 ¼ (4.07) to become the No. 3 performer with the No. 8 performance at A&M. Stevens' series included first attempt clearances at 11-6 ¼ and 12-4, two attempts at 12-8 and a first make of 12-11 ½.

In the weight throw Carissa van Beek set a South African record with her effort of 62-4 (19.00) in defeating teammate Alison Ondrusek (60-8 ¾) and TCU's Paola Miranda (58-0 ¼). The previous best by van Beek was 60-0 ¼ (18.29) she set in the SEC Championships last season.

Shaina Burns won the shot put with a mark of 46-8 (14.22) that moved her to No. 10 on the A&M all-time list and would have scored her 809 points in a multi-event. She finished ahead of Aggie frosh Celine Markert (44-5 ½).

Burns and Annie Kunz competed in a few events that are in a pentathlon during the Reveille Invitational. In the 60 hurdles Kunz ran 8.78 with Burns posting a 9.36. Kunz cleared 5-5 ¾ in the high jump with Burns getting over 5 ¼. Kunz finished her day with a 56.15 carry on an Aggie 4x400 relay.

First and second place combos for A&M also included Samuel McSwain and Garrett Gragin as both cleared 6-10 ¼ in the high jump, Jennifer Madu (7.44) and Krystal Sparling (7.45) in the 60, Aaliyah Brown (23.66) and Diamond Spaulding (23.69) in the 200, Efrain Hernandez (2:28.49) and Gaines Kinsey (2:28.66) in the 1,000m, as well as Jeffrey Prothro (23-0) and Lindon Victor (22-8 ½) in the long jump.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:47:57 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gordon gets silver in Millrose 400m
...Michelle-Lee just misses out in Glasgow!

Published: Sunday, February 21, 2016 (T&T Guardian)

T&T quartermiler Lalonde Gordon, placed second in the 400 metres at the Millrose Games

T&T quartermiler Lalonde Gordon had to settle for second place in the men’s 400 metres event at the 109th NYRR Millrose Games in Manhattan, New York, yesterday while Michelle-Lee Ahye just missed out on finishing among the top three finishers in the 60m dash at the IAAF World Indoor Tour in Glasgow.

Gordon, a double bronze Olympic medallist, completed the race in 45.51 seconds behind Grenadian Bralon Taplin (45.35) in a tight finish. Taplin is the world leader in the men's 400m when he ran 45.20 seconds last month. Third was Adidas’ David Verburg in 46.27.

At the Glasgow Indoor Grand Prix, Ahye placed fourth in 7.16. Dutch sprinter Dafne Schippers won with a stadium record of 7.10. Second was Jamaican Elaine Thompson in 7.14 and Ewa Swoboda of Poland was third in 7.15. Ahye had placed second in the heats, clocking 7.14 to follow Schippers (7.11) to the line.

The local sprinter is coming off a second place finish in the women’s 200m at the Globen Galan, another IAAF World Indoor Tour meeting in Stockholm on Wednesday. Jeneba Tarmoh of the United States won, finishing in 23.38, a hundredth of a second ahead of Ahye, with 2013 world youth champion Irene Ekelund third in 24.05.

T&T sprinter Michelle-Lee Ahye gets ready for 60m Final at IAAF World Indoor Tour in Glasgow
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 11:21:17 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lendore and Lalonde sizzle* ...Victory for Baptiste in Louisiana
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 10:56:41 PM »
Lendore and Lalonde sizzle*
...Victory for Baptiste in Louisiana

Published on Feb 20, 2016, 8:27 pm AST (T&T Express)

Deon Lendore: FAST 400 at Arkansas Qualifier indoor meet

Deon Lendore produced a sizzler at the Arkansas Qualifier indoor meet, in the United States, on Friday. The Trinidad and Tobago quarter-miler topped the men’s 400 metres field with a 45.56 seconds run. American Marqueze Washington finished second in 45.72.
T&T’s Kadisha Francois was second in section three and seventh overall in the women’s 200m, the Missouri State University student getting home in 24.73 seconds.

In New York, yesterday, T&T quartermiler Lalonde Gordon produced a scorching 45.51 seconds run in the Millrose Games men’s 400m event, but had to settle for silver, behind Grenada’s Bralon Taplin (45.35).
Gordon (45.51) and Lendore (45.56) are now second and third, respectively on the 2016 world indoor performance list. Taplin is at the top with a 45.20 clocking.

Kelly-Ann Baptiste was dominant on Friday at the Louisiana State University (LSU) Twilight Meet. The T&T sprint star stopped the clock at 7.20 seconds for victory in the women’s 60m dash. American Erica Alexander was a distant second in 7.34.

T&T SPRINT QUEEN: Kelly-Ann Baptiste 7.20 in women’s 60m dash at (LSU) Twilight Meet
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 11:05:48 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Portious Warren sets new Shot Put PR of 16.36 at Meet over weekend
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 11:55:39 AM »

Portious Warren takes selfie after setting new Shot Put PR of 16.36

Portious Warren threw a new Shot Put PR of 16.36 on her first throw at Meet over the weekend.
See video: https://www.facebook.com/CoachDougherty/posts/10153951589094894

She posted these messages on her fb page afterwards:

#16:36 new personal record broke the ‪#‎njcaa‬ indoor record yet again and a new school record.. the works isn't over. Tony Doughertygherty we just getting started with journey . thank you for your patience. Let's get it!! Hard work and consistency and progress is the key!!

It look and felt effortless so I no I have a lot more left.. Big up to my Bestie roommate and training partner Jess St John on the personal record.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:35:32 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warren powers to 'Puma' gold *
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 09:24:09 AM »
Warren powers to 'Puma' gold *
US wins too for Walters, Alexander, James, Davis

Published on Feb 22, 2016, 7:13 pm AST (T&T Express)

STRUCK GOLD: Portious Warren

Trinidad and Tobago's Portious Warren was at her powerful best at the Puma Indoor Classic in Arizona, USA, on Saturday. The Central Arizona College freshwoman threw a personal best 16.36 metres to strike gold in the women's shot put. The big effort also improved on her National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) indoor record, as well as the school record.

There was a podium finish too for Warren in the weight throw, the 19-year-old field athlete finishing second with a 15.36m throw. Ruebin Walters was also in winners' row on Saturday, the Central Arizona sophomore topping the men's 60m hurdles field in 8.03 seconds. A third T&T/Central Arizona athlete, Hezekiel Romeo finished second in the men's shot put with a 17.67m throw and sixth in the weight throw (14.35m).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:41:18 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T’s Ahye burns Mardrid’s track
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 02:01:47 PM »
T&T’s Ahye burns Mardrid’s track
Published: Sunday, February 28, 2016 (T&T Guardian)

Michelle-Lee Ahye in 60m Dash in Glasgow last weekend vs top sprinters Thompson & Schippers

T&T sprinter Michelle-Lee Ahye stellar season continues as she topped the women’s 60 metres event at Friday’s Reunion Internacional Atletismo en Pista Cubierta event in Madrid, Spain.

Ahye sped to the line in 7.19 seconds to beat Maja Mihalinec of Slovenia into second in 7.27 and third was Spaniard Estella Garcia Villalta in 7.42. Her evening started off well with her easily winning the second semifinal heat in 7.24 ahead of Garcia Villalta (7.43) and Paloma Diez Canete also from Spain (7.66).

Ahye definitely made up for her fourth place finish at the Glasgow Indoor Grand Prix in Scotland, last weekend.

She clocked 7.16 to place behind Dutch sprinter Dafne Schippers, who won with a stadium record of 7.10, Jamaican Elaine Thompson (7.14) and Ewa Swoboda of Poland (7.15). Ahye had placed second in the heats, clocking 7.14 to follow Schippers (7.11) to the line.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:10:26 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
More success for Ahye, Thomas, Warren, Lalonde*
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 01:55:09 AM »
More success for Ahye, Thomas, Warren, Lalonde*
Published on Feb 28, 2016, 8:48 pm AST (T&T Express)

RICH VEIN OF FORM: Trinidad and Tobago’s Michelle-Lee Ahye.

Lalonde Gordon, Mikel Thomas, Portious Warren and Michelle-Lee Ahye continued to impress, all four Trinidad and Tobago athletes notching indoor victories on the weekend.

Gordon competed at the Fastrack Last Chance meet in New York, USA, on Saturday, the double Olympic bronze medallist clocking 20.76 seconds for victory in the men’s 200m.

Thomas was the class of the men’s 60m hurdles field. He struck gold in the final, stopping the clock at 7.69 to equal his personal best. And in the men’s 60m dash, Andre Marcano finished seventh in the championship race in 6.83 seconds, after clocking 6.81 in the qualifying round.

Warren threw 16.43 metres for women’s shot put gold at the Central Arizona College (CAC) Indoor Invitational. The mark improved on her personal best, as well as her National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) indoor record and her Central Arizona College standard.
In the weight throw event, Warren bagged bronze with a 16.80m effort.

Portious Warren, throws 16.43 breaking NJCAA Shotput record yet again.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Official Results from Portious Warren's Shotput event which she won at CAC Indoor Invitational this weekend!

https://www.directathletics.com/results/track/42832_2677427.html

CAC Indoor Invitational   Date: 02-27-16   Venue: Central Arizona (I) - Coolidge, AZ

Women's Shot Put

Overall   Name   Year   Team   Distance   Score

1   Warren, Portious   FR-1   Central Arizona   16.43m   -   16.43m   FOUL   FOUL   FOUL   FOUL   FOUL
2   St. John, Jess   SO-2   Central Arizona   15.58m   -   FOUL   13.63m   13.95m   FOUL   14.55m   15.58m
3   Gumbs, Trevia   SO-2   Central Arizona   13.00m   -   13.00m   FOUL   FOUL   FOUL   12.41m   FOUL
4   Lakey, Baylee   SO-2   Pima CC   10.13m   -   9.07m   9.63m   9.91m   10.13m   10.07m   10.05m
5   Schneider , Kayla   JR-3   Arizona Christian   9.61m   -   9.61m   8.98m   9.61m   9.58m   FOUL   PASS
6   Kogan, Jamey   SR   Unattached   9.37m   -   9.37m   9.11m   8.98m   9.32m   FOUL   FOUL
7   Watson, Jessica   FR-1   Pima CC   8.70m   -   8.06m   7.15m   8.53m   8.70m   8.60m   8.45m
8   Tshipopo, Magaly   SO-2   Central Arizona   8.64m   -   8.01m   8.59m   8.64m   PASS   PASS   PASS
9   Allen, Natasha   FR-1   Pima CC   7.50m   -   7.29m   7.50m   FOUL   FOUL   FOUL   FOUL
10   Anderson, Kailin   SR-4   Arizona Christian   7.47m   -   6.59m   7.22m   7.29m   6.72m   7.28m   7.47m

Official results: http://oceanbreezenyc.org/sports/2016/2/27/fastrack-last-chance-meet.aspx

Men 60 Meter Hurdles Invite
================================================================================
    Name                    Year School               Prelims     Finals  Points
================================================================================
Finals
  1       Thomas, Mikel          Altis/Trinid            7.79       7.69 
  2       Lovett, Eddie          ISV                     7.73       7.71 
  3       Sosa, Ramon            Dominican Re            7.85       7.84 
  4       Forbes, Ronald         tru fit athl            7.81       7.85 
  5       Richards, Brian        Shore AC                7.85       7.95 
  6       Ruff, Dwight           Zenith Veloc            7.95       8.00 
  7       Williamson, Mikhai     Shore Road S            7.93       8.03 
  8       Benjamin, David        Rowan                   8.02       8.14 

Official results: http://oceanbreezenyc.org/sports/2016/2/27/fastrack-last-chance-meet.aspx

Men 200 Meter Dash Invite
===================================================================================
    Name                    Year School                  Seed     Finals  H# Points
===================================================================================
  1       Gordon, Lalonde        Zenith Veloc           20.58      20.76   1
  2       Redhead, Joel          Zenith Veloc           20.91      20.91   1
  3       Roberts, Jamal         adidas Garde           21.69      21.46   2
  4       Cue, Tyler             Liu Brooklyn           21.18      21.56   1
  5       Parkinson, Jovanni     Farmingdale            21.70      21.93   2
  6       Chiaravalle, Shane     Stevens Inst           22.10      21.95   3
  7       Dukes, Tyquan          Liu Brooklyn           21.40      22.06   1
  8       Spenser, Wallace       Unattached             22.30      22.14   4
  9       Wesley, Cyrus          adidas Garde           21.56      22.14   2
 10       Davis, Delano          Liu Brooklyn                      22.28   2
 11       Nkrumah, Keith         Unattached             22.13      22.33   3
 12       Harris, Shane          Stony Brook            22.35      22.37   4
 13       Anderson, Dexter       Rowan                  22.21      22.44   3
 14       Wilson, Seth           Dominican (N           23.32      22.57   5
 15       Johnson, Tim           Marist                 22.61      22.85   4
 16       Gomes, Antonio         Suny Delhi             22.01      22.85   2
 17       Ford, Sean             Stockton               23.05      22.91   5
 18       Parlow, Chris          Stockton               22.70      23.37   4
 19       Sellitto, Phil         Farmingdale            22.86      23.78   4
 20       Pierre, Andrew         Dominican (N           23.50      24.07   5
 21       Mitchell, Franklyn     Unattached             22.12      24.55   3
 22       Noziere, Jeremiah      Middlesex CC           24.87      24.72   5
 23       Tolby, Jarrett         Holy Family            23.85      27.44   5

Official Result from MLA's 60m Final in Madrid this weekend!

http://resultados.rfea.es/2016/resultados/pistacubierta/meetingmadrid/ATR173A_ATW00300350000001ESP.htm

Final Women's 60m

Record type   Time    Name    Place   Date
World Leader   7.00     SCHIPPERS Dafne   Berlin - GER   February 13, 2016
Spain record   7.23     MYERS Sandra BROWN   Madrid - ESP   March 13, 1990

Post   Dorsal   First name   Birthdate   Street   Reaction   Fn   Result

1   6     Michelle-Lee AHYE   April 10, 1992   6   0.144       7.19       
2   5     Maja Mihalinec   December 17, 1989   5   0.197       7.27       
3   4     GARCIA VILLALTA Estela   March 20, 1989   4   0.143       7.42       MMP
4   3     TAVARES Carla   May 22, 1982   3   0.168       7.56       
5   2     Sheila GUEDES CUBAS   October 1, 1989   2   0.177       7.60       
6   7     TEN Paloma CAÑETE   June 29, 1993   7   0.471       7.64       
7   1     GARCIA GARCIA Paula   November 10, 1998   1   0.236       7.71       
8   8     FRUIT MARAZUELA Maria   July 16, 1987   8   0.180       7.74   
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:52:45 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Daniel golden in Boston ...London clocks 800 PR
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 02:13:17 PM »
Daniel golden in Boston
...London clocks 800 PR

Published on Mar 6, 2016 (T&T Express)

Deandra Daniel, TTO High Jumper at Coppin State University

Deandra Daniel produced her best effort this season at the Boston University Last Chance Meet, in the United States, two Sundays ago. The Coppin State University student cleared the bar at 1.80 metres to secure gold in the women’s high jump.

Daniel passed at 1.55m, 1.60m and 1.65m, entering the competition when the bar was raised to 1.70. The Trinidad and Tobago athlete had no problems negotiating her opening height, going over on her first attempt. She also enjoyed first-time clearances at 1.75m and 1.80m. But at the next height, 1.84, Daniel knocked down the bar three times to end her campaign.

Mark London was also in fine form at the indoor meet in Boston. The T&T/Coppin State athlete returned a time of one minute, 49.21 seconds to finish first in his section and second overall in the men’s 800 metres event. The clocking is a new PR (personal record) for the 21-year-old half-miler.

Another Coppin State athlete, Haysean Cowie-Clarke finished seventh in the men’s 60m final, the T&T sprinter getting to the line in 6.93 seconds. Cowie-Clarke had clocked 6.98 in the preliminary round to advance to the final seventh fastest. He also competed in the 200m event, finishing 14th overall in 22.19.

Former 100m world record holder Asafa Powell was the class of the 60m field, the Jamaican track star blazing to victory in the championship race in 6.54 seconds. Turkey’s Emre Zafer Barnes was a distant second in 6.70. Barnes is a Jamaican-born sprinter who switched allegiance to Turkey last July. He was formerly known as Winston Barnes.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:15:25 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Denoon, Warren, Walters bag NJCAA gold...Thomas shines in New York
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 08:32:46 AM »
Denoon, Warren, Walters bag NJCAA gold*
Thomas shines in New York

Published on Mar 6, 2016, 9:41 pm AST (T&T Express)

SHOT PUT TITLE: Portious Warren

Three Trinidad and Tobago athletes were golden at the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Indoor Track and Field Championships, in North Carolina, USA, on the weekend.

Zakiya Denoon captured the women’s sprint double. The Monroe College freshman won the women’s 60 metres dash in 7.42 seconds and the 200m in 24.09.

Another T&T sprinter, South Plains College sophomore Aaliyah Telesford was sixth in the 60m final in 7.58 seconds, after clocking 7.55 in the qualifying round. And in the 200m preliminaries, Telesford was 10th overall in 25.12 seconds, while New Mexico Junior College sophomore Kayelle Clarke was 12th in 25.22. The top nine advanced to the finals.

Portious Warren captured the women’s shot put title with a Championship record throw of 16.29 metres. The Central Arizona College freshman produced a 16.60m effort for fourth spot in the weight throw.

Warren’s personal best 16.43m throw earlier in the season is the new NJCAA indoor shot put record, as well as the school record. She was named NJCAA Region West female field athlete of the year for the 2016 indoor season.

Central Arizona sophomore Ruebin Walters topped the NJCAA Indoor Championship men’s 60m hurdles final in 7.77 seconds, equalling his PR (personal record). He clocked 22.05 for 12th spot overall in the 200m event.

Another T&T/Central Arizona athlete, Hezekiel Romeo claimed bronze in the men’s shot put with a 17.35m throw. Mauricia Prieto was seventh in the women’s 400m finals in 57.80 seconds. The South Plains freshman had clocked 57.77 in the preliminaries.

Prieto and Telesford helped South Plains earn silver in the women’s 4x400m relay in three minutes, 49.17 seconds. Denoon anchored Monroe to sixth spot in 3:52.03. And in the men’s 4x400m, Walters ran the leadoff leg for fifth-placed Central Arizona (3:16.97).

Clarke’s New Mexico Junior College finished second in the women’s team competition with 107 points. Denoon’s Monroe College (92), Warren’s Central Arizona (85.5), and Telesford and Prieto’s South Plains (60) were third, fourth and fifth, respectively. Iowa Central Community College (115) emerged as women’s team champions.

Walters and Romeo had the satisfaction of contributing to Central Arizona’s 72 points — good enough for third spot in the men’s team competition. Iowa Central (132) and South Plains (105.5) were first and second, respectively.

At the Armory Worlds Last Chance indoor meet, in New York, Mikel Thomas won the men’s 60m dash in a personal best 6.71 seconds. Another T&T athlete, Andre Marcano was second in 6.76.

There was also a PR for Thomas in the 60m hurdles, the 29-year-old clocking 7.67 seconds for silver, behind Cayman Islands athlete Ronald Forbes (7.65). T&T’s Wayne Davis II finished fourth in 7.91.

At the Marc Randle Classic outdoor meet, in Texas, Quinn-Lee Ralph topped the men’s 100m field in 10.42 seconds. His Wiley College teammate, Moriba Morain finished second in 10.49. And in the 200m, Ralph and Morain were second and third, respectively, clocking 21.08 and 21.19.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 03:25:14 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Daniel repeats at ECAC/IC4A Champs ...4x800 gold for London
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 04:39:35 PM »
Daniel repeats at ECAC/IC4A Champs
4x800 gold for London

Published on Mar 8, 2016, 10:14 pm AST (T&T Express)

HIGH JUMP CHAMPION: Deandra Daniel

Deandra Daniel retained her women’s high jump title at the ECAC/IC4A Indoor Track and Field Championships, in Boston, USA, on the weekend. The Coppin State University senior went over the bar at 1.81 metres.

Daniel enjoyed a perfect competition up to her winning height, producing first-time clearances at 1.65m, 1.70, 1.75, 1.78 and then at 1.81. The Trinidad and Tobago athlete knocked down the bar three times at 1.84m, but by that time gold had already been secured.

Another T&T/Coppin State athlete, Khemani Roberts accumulated 3,477 points to finish fourth in the women’s pentathlon. Mark London returned a time of one minute, 51.61 seconds to secure seventh spot in the men’s 800m final. The Coppin State sophomore was faster in the qualifying round, finishing second in heat three in 1:51.16 to earn a berth in the championship race.

London was golden in the men’s 4x800m event, anchoring his university to victory in 7:29.82.

Haysean Cowie-Clarke finished eighth in the men’s 60m final, the Coppin State junior getting to the line in 6.91 seconds. Cowie-Clarke clocked a personal best 6.87 for third spot in the first of two semi-final heats. He was third in his first round heat in 6.92.

And in the 200m preliminaries, Cowie-Clarke finished second in heat one and 20th overall in 21.94 seconds. The top 12 sprinters progressed to the finals.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:41:26 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
James misses out on NCAA final
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 12:58:03 AM »
James misses out on NCAA final
By Kwame Laurence kwame.laurence@trinidadexpress.com
Published on Mar 15, 2016, 3:31 pm AST

Jamol James just misses out

Trinidad and Tobago sprinter Jamol James just missed out on a lane in the men’s 60 metres final, at the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division 1 Indoor Track and Field Championships, in Alabama, USA, on the weekend.

James clocked 6.63 seconds to finish fifth in the first qualifying heat.

But though the time equalled his personal best, the Arizona State University senior was ninth fastest overall, and did not progress to the eight-man championship race. James was just one-hundredth of a second slower than the eighth and last qualifier.

In the final, American Ronnie Baker, a student at Texas Christian University (TCU), won in a world-leading 6.47 seconds.

At the McNeese Cowboy Relays outdoor meet, in Louisiana, T&T’s Quinn-Lee Ralph produced a fine run, getting to the line in a wind-assisted 10.22 seconds to win the men’s 100m dash.

The 2.1 metres per second following wind was just over the 2.0 legal limit.

Ralph’s Wiley College teammate, Moriba Morain was fifth in the same race and sixth overall in 10.81.

Another T&T/Wiley College athlete, Jesse Berkley was 13th in 10.90.

Wiley’s Kendell Perouza finished first in section two and fourth overall in the men’s 400m hurdles in 57.10 seconds. And Machael Mark, also a student at Wiley College, was fifth in the men’s long jump with a 7.03 metres leap.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latest News on T&T Athletes at Home & Abroad (2016 T&F Season Edition)
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 01:28:44 PM »
Follow our girls today at the Texas Relays.
http://live.milesplit.com/2016/03-30-TexasRelays/Web/Track.php?EN=6&RN=1&D=4

A team of KAB - MLA-Reyare T.- St.Fort just won the 4x1 in 43.06

MLA and St.Fort will run the 100m in about 45 minutes and KAB will rune the deuce after that

Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latest News on T&T Athletes at Home & Abroad (2016 T&F Season Edition)
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 08:47:15 AM »
Click on link for more : https://asunow.asu.edu/20160804-creativity-sprinting-toward-innovation-asu

Olympic medalist Jamol James has recently graduated magna cum laude and designed a new, customizable track shoe

In his time at Arizona State University, Jamol James has earned an Olympic medal, graduated magna cum laude and designed an innovative track shoe with a spike pin that can be customized for any athlete.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

1]; } ?>