March 28, 2024, 11:03:49 AM

Author Topic: Europe football surprises  (Read 1786 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Europe football surprises
« on: December 15, 2015, 01:23:31 PM »
All right so I was awol for a long time.. long enough to witness some surprises taking place in European football these days
Imagine at the beginning of the season Chelsea was at 3/2 to win the EPL. leicester was at 2500/1 to do the same. now Leicester is leading the EPL ???

With all that is happening folks might miss the fact that Villarreal, the world's biggest small side, beat Real Madrid, BBC and all present, for the first time in their history. All yuh din know dat ? Well a 100% Villarreal supporter like me eh go miss dat ! yes folks I am jumping up to the ceiling ...what a wonderful feeling ....

In case you missed it this roundup is for you :

Leverkusen slotted five goals past Mönchengladbach with no response courtesy a hattrick from the Chicharito Hernandez . United fans must be wondering how much longer they will allow Van hasbeen to wreck the club.

Bournemouth make the most of their eye-catching victory against Manchester United.

Newcastle inflicted Tottenham's first defeat in the league since the opening day of the season.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was among the goals as Dortmund saw off Frankfurt.

Villarreal will be full of confidence going into Monday's UEFA Europa League round of 32 draw after posting a 1-0 victory against Real Madrid on Sunday night.

Former Madrid forward Roberto Soldado grabbed the winning goal to move the Yellow Submarine within three points of the third-placed Merengues in Spain, while Gary Neville's first Liga outing at the Valencia helm ended in a 1-1 draw at Eibar.

Elsewhere, Manchester United suffered a shock loss at promoted Bournemouth, and Fiorentina lost to resurgent Juventus in Italy.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Europe football surprises
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 01:29:26 PM »
fan comment

I really hate how he sits there and watches the match with 1% of the excitement and passion that i watch with. He has the best seat in the stadium and sits there like he is watching a replay of the antiques roadshow. Not to mention he gets paid over 100 grand per week to be the face of this club. Get on the touchline and give an order. Scream something encouraging. Make an mid match adjustment. Let your players know that you are in their corner. He just sends them out there and watches calmly while we lose or play brutal and draw in very winnable and crucial matches. When we first hired him, I watched highlights of him celebrating like a baffoon at an Ajax U9 goal, running around on the field like he just won the champions league on a stoppage time goal. I watched him kung fu kick in front of the ref to protest a would-be red card. I watched his speeches after winning trophies and returning home and bring crowds of tens of thousands to erupting applause and laughter as he screamed and rejoiced in pure pride and excitement. The van gaal I see at united is a tired and washed up old man who took this job as a line filler on his life resumé and a quick way to bank an extra 15 million before retiring to his villa in Portugal. Sad.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 02:01:43 PM »
Sad to say, but United need to go back to working on bringing young talent from their academy. There is so much money can buy. They have serious issue with their development program.  Like Madrid, Barca, Bayern and the rest of the Euro top 20, United fans are impatient. It will take while for this team to gel. If Van Gal is a dunce, then Jose must be a duncey head. I was no fan of Van Gal but he has had success in most of the places he went with his style of coaching. But because he can't get traction in Old Traffic, he washed up? Look, the problem is them men on the field.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 09:36:52 AM »
Real Madrid are the most valuable club in Europe but Premier League sides (including West Ham) dominate top 20 rich list

La Liga giants Real Madrid remain the most valuable club in Europe
    Five Premier League clubs make the top 10 in European rich list
    Man United are the second most valuable team with a worth of £2.05billion
    West Ham are 19th in the list with an estimated worth of £196m

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3363864/Real-Madrid-valuable-club-Europe-Premier-League-sides-including-West-Ham-dominate-20-rich-list.html#ixzz3uaoLXHGY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

just thought I would sneak this in to emphasize that we just beat the richest club in Europe 1-0. we dont get much publicity but that miht be beginning to change as the world's biggest small side just continue to defy the odds.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 12:09:29 PM »
All right so I was awol for a long time..

It take yuh dat long to get over Sevilla winnin de Europa League bro?  Dat is some major tabanca sah!  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 01:04:17 PM »
All right so I was awol for a long time..

It take yuh dat long to get over Sevilla winnin de Europa League bro?  Dat is some major tabanca sah!  :devil:

Palos

long time . I wish you and family all the best for Christmas and the New year.

The submarine is doing well this year but it does not get much better as every year our best players are bought by the big clubs so there is no continuity. I just take pleasure in seeing a developmental club match strides with a store bought club for example one player on madrid's roster  is valued more than the entire Villarreal team....and Real had them all present when they were sunk last week.

I dont know if folks realise how much a team like Villarreal is doing for the Spanish league which was described as a two horse race not so long ago. Yes Sevilla and Atletico are doing well but the are big clubs compared to Villarreal.

VILLAREAL - World's biggest small side !!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 01:10:07 PM »
Real reason mourinho's dressing room gave up the ghost

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03529/eva-carneiro_3529772b.jpg6:06PM GMT 17 Dec 2015

Jose Mourinho’s sacking at Chelsea could pave the way for a dramatic return to the club by Eva Carneiro, Telegraph Sport has learnt.

But it may also leave Mourinho personally liable for massive damages over his treatment of his former first-team doctor if the Premier League champions allow the case to be taken to an employment tribunal without having indemnified their ousted manager.

Carneiro’s constructive dismissal claim is understood to include a formal request for reinstatement in the event of Mourinho’s untimely departure.

1]; } ?>