April 19, 2024, 05:41:41 PM

Author Topic: It's becoming arduous to make the T&T team.  (Read 8960 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: It's becoming arduous to make the T&T team.
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 04:08:46 PM »
Imagine Haiti could get French born players and T&T can't.

De TTFA real playing de ass ah tell yuh.

We don't have to get all, but if we get 3/4 good players we go stand a better chance down de road.

Look how we lose Cummings for a few months and who know if he will be ready or de same.

But then again, John Williams pushing Jomal, Alvin and Shahdon for contract, so don't expect to see any of these foreign born get call up or scouted.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 07:26:35 AM »

But then again, John Williams pushing Jomal, Alvin and Shahdon for contract, so don't expect to see any of these foreign born get call up or scouted.

These wild statements.............they dont help our players and the morale of the team if any of them reads this.

I can tell you personally that Shahdon was cut from the Gold Cup squad at the very last minute and has always been a player that Hart likes.  W Conn has been heads and shoulders the most successful and best run club in the country.  So it is not far fetched to see a couple of their players in the national set up.

Also, alot of their players are in our national youth teams.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 09:19:17 AM »

These wild statements.............they dont help our players and the morale of the team if any of them reads this.

I can tell you personally that Shahdon was cut from the Gold Cup squad at the very last minute and has always been a player that Hart likes.  W Conn has been heads and shoulders the most successful and best run club in the country.  So it is not far fetched to see a couple of their players in the national set up.

While I understand where Sam is coming from, I agree with Andre. We have shown openness to foreign born Trinis in the past. I think it has worked out for us. Some have not. But that is how it is. The guys that Sam are referring to, should make their intentions known soon. Because if or when we qualify for the Hex., it will be hard for them to want to jump in the fray. If they are interested, contact TTFA. In this day and age with all the different types of communication access, there is no way they can't contact Hart or DJW. Or the Trini ballers in the UK.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 09:46:25 AM by Deeks »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2016, 07:25:11 AM »

While I understand where Sam is coming from, I agree with Andre. We have shown openness to foreign born Trinis in the past. I think it has worked out for us. Some have not. But that is how it is. The guys that Sam are referring to, should make their intentions known soon. Because if or when we qualify for the Hex., it will be hard for them to want to jump in the fray. If they are interested, contact TTFA. In this day and age with all the different types of communication access, there is no way they can't contact Hart or DJW. Or the Trini ballers in the UK.

Deeks, sensible reply, not like Andre, who feel he know everything.

Shahdon was no way close to making T&T side, de only way he getting pick is because we might have to much injuries or some politics.

From de current W Connection side only Jomal Williams and Aikim Andrews capable of making a T&T side.

Shannon Gomez and Alvin Jones need more time.

Shahdon Winchester is ok but, we go see.

Makesi Lewis, Kareem Freitas and Jamal Gay scoring a lot of goals in de Pro League now.

Jamille Boatswain, Akeem Redhead and Andre Ettienne decent from Point.

Ross Russell Jr is a decent left back.

If Kaydion Gabriel could add some size, he go be decent to

I like Neveal Hackshaw, he real decent, good call by Hart.

We wasting time with Ataulla Guerra, he just to inconsistent, he does play one good game in 5.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2016, 02:04:13 PM »
Nice write-up Flex. 2016 should be as positive and exciting as 2015 was. Finally a time where Soca Warrior fans can be optimistic.
Hart for president

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2016, 04:33:38 PM »
I am loving our football and our prospects. Great time for T&T football
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2016, 05:35:36 PM »
Ah feel Weslie John might make de T&T side soon.

Allyuh know he is Avery John nephew.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2016, 05:42:15 PM »
Seeing how T&T played in our last game against Haiti i have a different opinion about the thread topic now eh

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2016, 08:14:07 AM »
Seeing how T&T played in our last game against Haiti i have a different opinion about the thread topic now eh

Very true.

The article was excellently written but Flex give them men to much credit, but the headline needs to be change now to.

It's becoming easier to make the T&T team.

:rotfl:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2016, 01:14:58 PM »
Bradley Wright-Phillips' record-setting hat trick propels Red Bulls to win.
MLSsoccer.com

HARRISON, N.J.—If there was any lingering doubt about Bradley Wright-Phillips being back to his best, it likely vanished on Saturday.

Wright-Phillips set the MLS record for fastest hat-trick from the start of a game, and led the Red Bulls to a 3-0 victory over Toronto FC on Saturday night. His performance at Red Bull Arena was clinical, as he scored on the only looks he had inside of 27 minutes.

With the trifecta, Wright-Phillips entered a four-way tie with Sebastian Giovinco, Fanendo Adi, and David Villa for the most goals (eight) in MLS this season.

“Everyone wanted to talk so much about how Brad wasn't scoring in the beginning of the year and where was he at,” said Red Bulls head coach Jesse Marsch. “All I just kept saying is our belief in him is at the highest level, and that's not just me talking. That's our entire group.

“We see him every day. We see all the quality he has, and it's only a matter of time before he gets himself going. When he does, then the goals start to come in bunches, so here he is now. He's leading the league in scoring, right? I mean, that says it all.”

The Wright-Phillips that put on a show vs. short-handed Toronto FC was not the same one that started 2016 on a major dry spell.

Wright-Phillips first scored on a well-placed header in the fourth minute, then capped a quick counterattack with a strong finish to the near post in the 25th minute. He struck again two minutes later, rifling a shot home from the right side of the penalty area.

Wright-Phillips now has eight goals in his last seven games – after zero in the seven matches before that, and the only thing he believes has changed is having a “little bit of luck” on his side.

“I said that at the beginning of the season,” said Wright-Phillips, who passed Thierry Henry for second place on the Red Bulls’ all-time scoring list on Saturday. “I was getting chances and some of them were bad finishes and some of them were unlucky. When you get on these little streaks, they go in.

“Who is to say in two weeks, [the media] might be asking me, ‘What’s going wrong?’ It’s just how it goes, for a striker especially.”

With Wright-Phillips going right, New York are riding a three-game winning streak, and their attack has been firing on all cylinders: they've scored 11 goals during that stretch. The club is also currently second place in the Eastern Conference after going 5-1-1 in their last seven games to effectively put a slow start in the rearview mirror.

“Regardless of how his season started, our belief in [Brad] has always been high,” said Red Bulls goalkeeper Luis Robles. “I’ve been his teammate now since 2013 and I know that they come in bunches and there’s a point where everything he touches. Sooner or later, that was going to happen.“

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2016, 08:45:47 AM »
Time to revisit this article.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2016, 01:18:45 PM »
If Hart could get Bradley Wright-Phillips boy, we go be ok...

We defence poor, but de best form of defence is attack.

DeLeon is a next work horse we could push again, hope he gets his passport sorted out.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2016, 02:59:30 PM »

DeLeon is a next work horse we could push again, hope he gets his passport sorted out.

we need to go back to playin inside\out too much flank running and not enough inter passin.
I pity the fool....

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2016, 04:31:30 PM »

If BWP is really eligible, now would be a great time to approach him. We need a goal scorer bad.  Although Nick has lost some of that flare he entered the MLS with, his strong work ethic will be an asset. We also need to continue our pursuit of Sheanon Williams... he's a good RB and can play in any defensive position, as well as RW. 
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2016, 05:47:02 PM »
There is  calvin andrew of rochdale afc striker I wonder if hart knows about him
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2016, 07:08:50 PM »
There is  calvin andrew of rochdale afc striker I wonder if hart knows about him

That guy might be a good addition. Apparently he is a bit brutish. Got a 12 match ban earlier this month for elbowing a man.

https://youtu.be/GAW7Z-DMHec

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2016, 12:32:47 AM »
That Cummings shot real blight we in trute
we just last year had so much players
http://www.socawarriors.net/player-pool.html

Not counting Ranji ,Bostock, Deleon.or even Carlos, Glenn or Bleeder who still making deyself available..man just start to drop off..
and sadly, we doh have one player who could tun up 2 defenders 1 by 1 and go to goal ? I don't know what to say.. I think SH try to give the boys that option..and even so, how come JJ squarin so nice for the MLS team and he can't even free kick it in..we have to beg Yorke to comeback and bring corner too ?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2016, 05:46:56 AM »
T&T was better with Cummings because he give Hart plenty option, T&T could have attack on de wing and center with him on de team, now we only use the wing as we attack option and we are predictable because teams know what we trying to do.

Cross de ball and hopefully one of T&T's tall players could head it in.

De only player if Cummings not there that could work effectively under the strikers might be Cato/Bostock/Bocaud.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:50:32 AM by Sam »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2017, 04:48:23 AM »
Ah wish we could get Bradley Wright-Phillips and Shaquell Moore boy.

1]; } ?>