April 24, 2024, 02:36:00 PM

Author Topic: 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup held in South Korea  (Read 81699 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 CFU Men's U-20 Qualifiers Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2016, 09:54:27 PM »
Good luck to the Young Warriors. I really hope to see this team correct the past mistakes we have seen from previous youth teams. Doing the basics will keep them competitive in all their games. Good passing, shots on goal, good defending, sense of urgency and not being complacent when in the lead. Once our youth team do the basics they will do well
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:08:37 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup held in South Korea
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2016, 04:51:56 AM »
Brian Williams names Final Under 20 Squad for CFU qualifiers
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Men’s Under 20 team head coach Brian Williams announced a final 23-man squad on Monday evening to contest the upcoming Caribbean Football Union First Round qualifying matches slated to take place at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva June 15th-19th.

Williams along with assistant coach Kerry Jamerson and his technical staff have been overseeing the preparations of the team over the past few weeks ahead of their opening fixture with Guadeloupe which kicks off at 7:30pm on Wednesday June 15th. The match will be part of a double header with Turks and Caicos facing St Lucia in the earlier contest from 5pm.

On Sunday, T&T defeated Siparia Spurs 2-0 at Irving Park, Siparia through goals by Jarred Dass and Jabari Mitchell before Williams announced the final team in the presence of TTFA technical director Muhammad Isa who also spoke to the players ahead of the upcoming competition.

US-based New York Red Bulls defender Noah Powder arrived in Trinidad on Monday and will train with the team on Wednesday with English-based Morgan Bruce also expected in this week.

The squad includes previous Under 20 team midfielder Jabari Mitchell and Nicholas Dillon as well as Kareem Riley, the captain past T&T Under 17 Team. Isaiah Hudson has also made the cut along with US-based college player Dass and Canadian-based defender Jacob Sooklal.

Commenting on the selection, Williams said he was satisfied with the composition of the squad.

“I think the squad is good, competitive one,” Williams told TTFA Media.

“The last four days we were able to analyze the players properly and see who responded well to the training from a fitness standpoint and with regards to the other demands we have been making of them from a tactical standpoint.

“I am looking forward to see the team play with great expectations. The strength will come through mostly our offensive play. We have some good offensive players but we have a bit more work to do in order to become more steady in the defence. Noah Powder came in today and Morgan Bruce comes in this week as well and they will add some stability to the team,” Williams stated.

“We will continue to look at the players to come up with the best possible composition for the games. We have to work on our game in the final third because we’ve been missing some chances on goal. We will be concentrating on our finishing in the few days leading up to the tournament.

“The next few days will be interesting for us. We had a couple injuries to deal with . We have young Tyrel Emmanuel out but we are quite pleased with the way things have gone for us. We expect all three teams will be eager to do well and as such we will not take any of the teams for granted,” Williams added.

“The training camp this weekend was very important for us and I’d like to thank the FA for arranging it for us. It was important for the team bonding at this stage of the preparations. We had the opportunity to do some video sessions and strengthening the team cohesion before the tournament starts next week.”

Tickets for the games will be on sold on matchday at the Stadium and are priced at $20 (covered) and $10 (uncovered).

About the Qualifiers

The CFU First round will see action in four groups with the group winners, plus the best runner, second and third best runner up joining hosts Curacao for the CFU Final Round in October. The top five teams from there will advance to the CONCACAF Final round in Costa Rica in February, 2017 from which four teams will qualify for the 2017 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in South Korea.

T&T 23-man squad

Goalkeepers
Jadiel Poon Lewis – Queen’s Royal College
Jabari Brice – San Juan Jabloteh
Denzil Smith – Shiva Boys College

Defenders
Tyrek Sampson – North East Stars
Kierron Mason – DirecTV W Connection
Andrew Rullow – Premier Football Academy
Jacob Sooklal – Durham United FC
Kori Cupid – W Connection
Isaiah Garcia – W Connection
Noah Powder – New York Red Bulls

Midfielders
Jabari Mitchell – W Connection
Kareem Riley – Central FC
Shane Sandy – North East Stars
Yohannes Richardson – Shiva Boys
Morgan Bruce – Stevanage Borough
Micah Lansiquot – St Ann’s Rangers

Forwards
Nicholas Dillon – Central FC
Jarred Dass – Stony Brook College
Rushawn Murphy – East Mucurapo
Kathon St. Hillaire – St Ann’s Rangers
Isaiah Hudson – W Connection
Josh Toussaint – St Ann’s Rangers
Quinn Rodney – Club Sando

CFU UNDER 20 FIXTURES

All Games at Ato Boldon Stadium

Wednesday June 15th, 2016
St Lucia vs Turks and Caicos, 5pm
Trinidad and Tobago vs Guadeloupe, 7:30pm

Friday June 17th, 2016
St Lucia vs Guadeloupe, 5pm
T&T vs Turks and Caicos, 7:30pm

Sunday June 19th 2016
Guadeloupe vs Turks and Caicos 4pm
T&T vs St Lucia, 6:30pm

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tGusLE02kik" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tGusLE02kik</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lVu_HC9KrbQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lVu_HC9KrbQ</a>

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2016, 05:14:27 AM »
They were invited to train with the team.....not sure how many times this happened though !!!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2016, 02:14:06 PM »
So, none from Tobago??
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2016, 02:42:00 PM »
So, none from Tobago??

I know Shane Sandy is from Tobago

With a last name like Powder....wouldn't be surprised if Noah is from Tobago as well

Not sure about anyone else.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2016, 03:57:41 PM »
So, none from Tobago??

Did you consider Tobagonian may be playing for a club in Trinidad?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2016, 04:09:08 PM »
So, none from Tobago??

With a last name like Powder....wouldn't be surprised if Noah is from Tobago as well

His parents or parent could be from Tobago, but he was born in the US.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2016, 04:46:33 PM »
So, none from Tobago??

Scene.  Thanks for that bruh  :beermug:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2016, 05:31:55 PM »
So, none from Tobago??

His father is from Roxborough, Tobago.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2016, 07:41:37 PM »
So, none from Tobago??

there are none in this squad

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2016, 07:42:40 PM »
Powder born in the US
Sandy born in Trinidad

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2016, 07:53:25 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tfgfKchWQ1c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tfgfKchWQ1c</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2016, 10:01:26 AM »
So, none from Tobago??

I did. That's why I asked a question as opposed to making a statement.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2016, 04:57:19 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JtrEarQKgAw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JtrEarQKgAw</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2016, 04:31:27 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LegpzEYVzwU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LegpzEYVzwU</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cooper tips Under 20s to advance in CFU qualifiers
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2016, 09:23:32 PM »
TTFA Media

Former Trinidad and Tobago Under 17 head coach Shawn Cooper is tipping to the National Under 20 Team to advance to the Caribbean Football Union Final Round in October by way of getting through their first round assignment starting on Wednesday at the Ato Boldon Stadium against Guadeloupe.

Cooper is the head coach of Queen’s Park FC and he witnessed the Under 20s in action during a recent training match which his team won 2-1 at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium.

“I was pleased with the intensity of the Under 20s. normally we are a bit laid back but I thought that Queen’s Park gave them the type of game to help them get to the next level,” Cooper told TTFA Media.

“Being a former national coach, I prepared the team (Queen’s Park) in a way that they (T&T) would have had a proper training game before going off to their CFU games. The only thing I could criticize the Under 20 team for, which I am sure the coaches will address, is their finishing but other than that, I am pretty pleased with what I have seen of them. I think some of the senior players who have played international football before should lead the team from the front,” Cooper added.

“The progress is there but still slow because the pace is a bit off with the local competition from that off the international competition. You tend to find that players are a bit lackadaisical when they face local teams because there is not that push to get them to a next level.

“But I can see this team getting out of the group. The players such as Noah Powder and other players from the last Under 17 Team will bring some quality to the team. We cannot take any team for granted but from what I have seen of the team so far, I can say that they will get through this round and then look to advance from the final CFU stage towards CONCACAF,” Cooper concluded.

The T&T team will enter a live-in training camp at the Metro Hotel, Couva on Sunday ahead of Wednesday’s opening clash with Guadeloupe. Turks and Caicos will face St Lucia from 5pm in the earlier match. Tickets costs $20 (covered) and $10 (uncovered) and will be on sale at the Stadium on game day.

The T&T Team is attempting to qualify for the CFU Final Round in Curacao in October which leads to the CONCACAF Final Round in Costa Rica next year. The 2017 FIFA Under 20 World Cup will be staged in South Korea.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2016, 10:49:10 PM »
i noticed we have three new goal keepers 2 born in 99
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2016, 11:43:13 AM »
TTFA Media

Former Trinidad and Tobago Under 17 head coach Shawn Cooper is tipping to the National Under 20 Team to advance to the Caribbean Football Union Final Round in October by way of getting through their first round assignment starting on Wednesday at the Ato Boldon Stadium against Guadeloupe.

Cooper is the head coach of Queen’s Park FC and he witnessed the Under 20s in action during a recent training match which his team won 2-1 at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium.

“I was pleased with the intensity of the Under 20s. normally we are a bit laid back but I thought that Queen’s Park gave them the type of game to help them get to the next level,” Cooper told TTFA Media.

“Being a former national coach, I prepared the team (Queen’s Park) in a way that they (T&T) would have had a proper training game before going off to their CFU games. The only thing I could criticize the Under 20 team for, which I am sure the coaches will address, is their finishing but other than that, I am pretty pleased with what I have seen of them. I think some of the senior players who have played international football before should lead the team from the front,” Cooper added.

“The progress is there but still slow because the pace is a bit off with the local competition from that off the international competition. You tend to find that players are a bit lackadaisical when they face local teams because there is not that push to get them to a next level.

“But I can see this team getting out of the group. The players such as Noah Powder and other players from the last Under 17 Team will bring some quality to the team. We cannot take any team for granted but from what I have seen of the team so far, I can say that they will get through this round and then look to advance from the final CFU stage towards CONCACAF,” Cooper concluded.

The T&T team will enter a live-in training camp at the Metro Hotel, Couva on Sunday ahead of Wednesday’s opening clash with Guadeloupe. Turks and Caicos will face St Lucia from 5pm in the earlier match. Tickets costs $20 (covered) and $10 (uncovered) and will be on sale at the Stadium on game day.

The T&T Team is attempting to qualify for the CFU Final Round in Curacao in October which leads to the CONCACAF Final Round in Costa Rica next year. The 2017 FIFA Under 20 World Cup will be staged in South Korea

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2016, 11:46:38 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JtrEarQKgAw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JtrEarQKgAw</a>

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2016, 11:54:09 AM »
15-YEAR OLD HUDSON EYES U-20 GLORY

Fifteen-year-old Isaiah Hudson is the youngest member of the Trinidad and Tobago National Under 20 Men’s Team that will begin their quest for World Cup qualification on Wednesday against Guadeloupe at the Ato Boldon Stadium. He is considered the baby of the team but has considerable experience,having already been on training stints with AS Roma in Italy in 2014 and Aston Villa last year. He was also a member of the National Under 17 team last year.

“I’ve been on trials with Aston Villa and AS Roma and I was also a member of the last under 17 team. Now my focus is going to be with the Under 20 Team for a tournament that I am very excited about,” said Hudson who rates Ronaldinho as his favourite player and is a supporter of Barcelona.

“We have been working very hard in preparing for this tournament. There is a good vibe in the camp and there is a good amount of love among the players.

“I am actually very excited because I have never played in front my home crowd for the national team so I’m putting in the extra work to ensure we get it right from the first game against Guadeloupe,” added the DirecTV W Connection midfielder.

“I think playing in the TT Pro League has been a great experience for me at such a young age. Playing for W Connection has helped me improve my work rate, my speed and my level of play which is something I am constantly working on. I love to keep the ball so possession football is my style. It’s the Barcelona style and this is how I try to pattern my game,” Hudson said.

“Hopefully it’s the kind of football the national team can produce when the tournament comes around and I will be doing my best to help push us on.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2016, 05:55:18 AM »
WATCH: Hear from U-20 Captain Jabari Mitchell, Nicholas Dillon, and Jacob Sooklal ahead of the group stage of the CFU U-20 World Cup Qualifiers

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HMiVB8dt88k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HMiVB8dt88k</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Under 20s win final warm-up 6-2 ahead of CFU Qualifying opener
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2016, 04:01:18 PM »
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 Men’s Team completed a 6-2 victory over Defence Force’s Super League team 6-2 in their final warm-up fixture on Friday evening at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, ahead of their opening Caribbean Football Union fixture with Guadeloupe on Wednesday at 7:30pm.

T&T, coached by Brian Williams, got goals from 15-year-old midfielder Isaiah Hudson in the 1st and 25th minutes, a double from forward Nicholas Dillon in the 35th and 70th minutes and one each from Josh Toussaint in the 81st minute and New York Red Bulls defender Noah Powder in the 87th minute.

The team will receive its final addition on Monday with English-based defender Morgan Bruce arriving from London to join the live-in camp which the team entered into at the Metro Hotel in Couva on Sunday for the duration of the three-day tournament.

Head Coach Williams expressed satisfaction with the team’s showing on Friday, saying: “It was a good exercise for us and a good performance by the boys. We conceded two goals but I was pretty satisfied with our offensive display and the fact that we were able to score six goals.

“We have entered the live-in camp and Morgan Bruce will be the final player coming into the team on Monday so we will have our full compliment of players and the preparations will be in relation to how we will approach the game on Wednesday.”

DirecTV W Connection midfielder Jabari Mitchell has been named the captain of the Team. Mitchell was also a member of the previous Under 20 Team under former head coach Derek King which appeared in the CONCACAF Finals in Jamaica.

Mitchell believes this time around the team has what it takes to advance to the CONCACAF Finals in Costa Rica once again but he sees the three upcoming matches as important for the team to gather momentum.

“It’s a good experience for me coming in as a leader. I want to lead the team obviously towards topping the group and going onto reach the CONCACAF stage again. Day by day we are getting better. We may not be progressing as fast as the previous team but we are getting there everyday and I am happy with the way we are coming along,” Mitchell told TTFA Media.

“As the captain the pressure is there but I am thankful for it because it’s the first time I am experiencing it. I want to take control and deliver when the time comes.

“The strength of this team is the speed of the players and the willingness work hard. Our aim now is to get out of the group and go on to reach the CONCACAF stage and hopefully qualify for the World Cup. Personally I also want to deliver because I think it’s time that I step up and deliver on the day. Coach has been doing really well, pushing the players the right way and I hope we can go out there and deliver for him,” Mitchell added.

“These three games are crucial for us and we need to get off to a good start on Wednesday. I think the games will help us to gain momentum by the time we get through to the CFU Finals in Curacao in October.”

Wednesday’s match with Guadeloupe kicks off at 7:30pm. The match will be part of a double header with Turks and Caicos facing St Lucia in the earlier contest from 5pm. The tournament continues with double headers on June 17th and 19th at the same venue. Tickets will be on sale on matchdays at the venue priced at $20 covered section and $10 uncovered.

About the Qualifiers

The CFU First round will see action in four groups with the group winners, plus the best runner, second and third best runner up joining hosts Curacao for the CFU Final Round in October. The top five teams from there will advance to the CONCACAF Final round in Costa Rica in February, 2017 from which four teams will qualify for the 2017 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in South Korea.

The 2017 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship will include a field of twelve teams; Costa Rica as host, three additional teams from the Central American Football Union (UNCAF), five from the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) and three from North America. The qualifying tournaments for the Caribbean and Central America will begin in June and July of 2016 respectively.

A date for the official draw will be announced in coming months.

Mexico is the defending Champion of the CONCACAF Under-20 Championship, after overcoming Panama 4-2 on penalties following a 1-1 draw in the 2015 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship Jamaica.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Canadian-based defender says T&T U-20s will give their all
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2016, 06:56:20 PM »
Canadian-based defender says T&T U-20s will give their all
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 footballers will engage in their fine tune up ahead of Wednesday’s opening Caribbean Football Union Under 20 World Cup qualifier against Guadeloupe with a one-hour training session from 3:30pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Tuesday.

T&T’s opener is at 7:30pm on Wednesday against Guadeloupe and both teams will have their tournament regulated one-hour session at the game venue on the eve of the encounter. Turks and Caicos will also face St Lucia in the curtain raiser from 5pm. St Lucia’s Under 17s defeated T&T in the previous CFU qualifying series last year and T&T head coach Brian Williams has pointed out that the “Saints” will be coming to prove a point when both teams meet on Sunday in the group’s closing encounter.

“St Lucia we know will be no push overs, similar to the other teams in the group. They got the better of the Under 17s in the last CFU tournament and they will have the majority of the players in this current under 20 team. We expect that all the games will be tough and we have to be mentally and physically ready for the challenges,” Williams said.

“This Under 20 level is one of the more difficult levels in world football moreso because players are beginning to show their real qualities and whether they are capable of graduating to the senior level so there will be a lot to prove in this level of competition.”

Central FC forward Nicholas Dillon, one of the surviving members of the previous Under 20 team, says he is not pressured by the occasion nor the fact that he will be expected to shoulder much of T&T’s attacking responsibilities.

“I will not say that I feel pressured by the public or by what is expected of me because of the fact that I was part of the last Under 20 team. I think our main goal is to get out of the group and then go on to show that we belong among the best teams in CONCACAF. We will stay focused throughout and try to get the job done in the best possible way. We will not be complacent but at the same time we will not get carried away,” Dillon told TTFA Media.

Canadian-based defender Jacob Sooklal is a newcomer to the national set up, having earned his first final team selection. Sooklal was born in Duncan Village, San Fernando but moved to Ontario, Canada at age six. He trained with the previous Under 20 team at the age of 16 but did not make the final cut. Now he’s hoping to force his way into Williams team during this tournament.

“It feels great to be able to make the final squad this time. I had my first try out at the age of 16 but I didn’t make the team that year and I couldn’t try out for the U17s because the team was already picked,” the 18-year-old Sooklal said.

“But now I am hoping to press for some game time. It has been a bit of a challenge adjusting to the conditions here in the early days but I’m okay now. I think the difference between the game here and Canada is the speed f the game here, it’s faster and the skill level is higher. I’ve fitted in well with the team here. We had a live-in camp last weekend and I feel like I belong here.

“I think the team has a lot of potential and I would like the fans to not judge us too much based on what they see in the early stages but take into consideration the hard work that has gone on in the preparations and recognize the commitment and the sacrifices that have take place. We will do our best to get the results and make the country proud,” added.

Tickets for all matchdays will be sold at the Venue on those matchdays, priced at $20 (covered section) and $10 (uncovered).

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2016, 07:19:13 PM »
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 Men’s Team completed a 6-2 victory over Defence Force’s Super League team 6-2 in their final warm-up fixture on Friday evening at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, ahead of their opening Caribbean Football Union fixture with Guadeloupe on Wednesday at 7:30pm.

T&T, coached by Brian Williams, got goals from 15-year-old midfielder Isaiah Hudson in the 1st and 25th minutes, a double from forward Nicholas Dillon in the 35th and 70th minutes and one each from Josh Toussaint in the 81st minute and New York Red Bulls defender Noah Powder in the 87th minute.

The team will receive its final addition on Monday with English-based defender Morgan Bruce arriving from London to join the live-in camp which the team entered into at the Metro Hotel in Couva on Sunday for the duration of the three-day tournament.

Head Coach Williams expressed satisfaction with the team’s showing on Friday, saying: “It was a good exercise for us and a good performance by the boys. We conceded two goals but I was pretty satisfied with our offensive display and the fact that we were able to score six goals.

“We have entered the live-in camp and Morgan Bruce will be the final player coming into the team on Monday so we will have our full compliment of players and the preparations will be in relation to how we will approach the game on Wednesday.”

DirecTV W Connection midfielder Jabari Mitchell has been named the captain of the Team. Mitchell was also a member of the previous Under 20 Team under former head coach Derek King which appeared in the CONCACAF Finals in Jamaica.

Mitchell believes this time around the team has what it takes to advance to the CONCACAF Finals in Costa Rica once again but he sees the three upcoming matches as important for the team to gather momentum.

“It’s a good experience for me coming in as a leader. I want to lead the team obviously towards topping the group and going onto reach the CONCACAF stage again. Day by day we are getting better. We may not be progressing as fast as the previous team but we are getting there everyday and I am happy with the way we are coming along,” Mitchell told TTFA Media.

“As the captain the pressure is there but I am thankful for it because it’s the first time I am experiencing it. I want to take control and deliver when the time comes.

“The strength of this team is the speed of the players and the willingness work hard. Our aim now is to get out of the group and go on to reach the CONCACAF stage and hopefully qualify for the World Cup. Personally I also want to deliver because I think it’s time that I step up and deliver on the day. Coach has been doing really well, pushing the players the right way and I hope we can go out there and deliver for him,” Mitchell added.

“These three games are crucial for us and we need to get off to a good start on Wednesday. I think the games will help us to gain momentum by the time we get through to the CFU Finals in Curacao in October.”

Wednesday’s match with Guadeloupe kicks off at 7:30pm. The match will be part of a double header with Turks and Caicos facing St Lucia in the earlier contest from 5pm. The tournament continues with double headers on June 17th and 19th at the same venue. Tickets will be on sale on matchdays at the venue priced at $20 covered section and $10 uncovered.

About the Qualifiers

The 2017 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship will include a field of twelve teams; Costa Rica as host, three additional teams from the Central American Football Union (UNCAF), five from the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) and three from North America. The qualifying tournaments for the Caribbean and Central America will begin in June and July of 2016 respectively.

A date for the official draw will be announced in coming months.

Mexico is the defending Champion of the CONCACAF Under-20 Championship, after overcoming Panama 4-2 on penalties following a 1-1 draw in the 2015 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship Jamaica.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2016, 07:22:12 PM »
WATCH: Hear from U-20 Captain Jabari Mitchell, Nicholas Dillon, and Jacob Sooklal ahead of the group stage of the CFU U-20 World Cup Qualifiers

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HMiVB8dt88k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HMiVB8dt88k</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2016, 08:26:08 PM »
T&T tangles with Guadeloupe in U-20 opener at Ato Boldon
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 Men’s team will be looking to get their World Cup qualifying quest off on a winning note when they tussle with Guadeloupe in the second match of a double header to open the Caribbean Football Union First round at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 7:30pm on Wednesday.

The Jabari Mitchell captained team will face the French speaking visitors in what promises to be a keenly contested affair as Guadeloupe have entered the tournament with four France-based players and they are seeking qualification to the Final round of qualifiers for the first time. T&T meantime, have qualified for a FIFA Under 20 World Cup on two occasions, in 1991 Portugal under the captaincy of Dwight Yorke and in 2009 Egypt under Leston Paul, and they are defending Caribbean champions, having copped the regional title in 2014 with a 3-0 win over Haiti in Port of Spain.

Mitchell is a surviving member of that team alongside Nicholas Dillon. The T&T team trained at the Ato Boldon Stadium for the final time on Tuesday afternoon and English-born midfielder Morgan Bruce took part in the preparations after arriving from London on Monday.

“It’s great to be here and to be linking up with the Trinidad and Tobago National Under 20 side,” Bruce told TTFA Media.

“It’s an exciting time for me, obviously because I think being able to play international football for the country where my dad was born is a huge honour and I’m just looking to do my best to help the team qualify. I think we’ve got a great chance, not taking any of the teams for granted, but obviously believing in ourselves and taking care of business on the pitch,” Bruce added.

Guadeloupe head coach Moise Castry attended a Press Conference on Tuesday at the VIP Lounge, Hasely Crawford Stadium to officially open the tournament, and he warned T&T that they will have their work cut out if they are to get three points on Wednesday. Also attending the press conference was TTFA President David John-Williams who welcomed the three visiting teams, and TTFA Vice President Ewing Davis.

“We have come here to qualify out of the group. We have a team that is hungry for success and we have prepared well. We have been preparing for four months and we have four players in the team that have come from France two weeks ago. We don’t intend to make it easy for Trinidad and Tobago,” Castry said via a translator. He added that the team has been well received and accommodated since their arrival on Monday.

Guadeloupe has been the birthplace for several players who have gone on to represent France, notably, Jocelyn Angloma, Lilian Thuram and Ex-Chelsea player Bernanrd Lambourde. Guadeloupe’s senior team also reached the semi finals of the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup where they lost to Mexico, and they were runners up in the 2010 Caribbean Cup.

T&T head coach Brian Williams said his team will be well guarded against complacency.

“We have had two months of good preparations and I am happy with our progress. Of course the first game of a tournament is always the most important but can also be a bit tricky as this will be the first international game at this level for several of our players. But other than that, I expect we will try to settle early and play our game which will be to go on the offensive and take the game to the opponents. We will not back down for any challenges,” Williams told TTFA Media.

Turks and Caicos will face St Lucia in the opening match from 5pm.

The tournament continues with double headers on June 17th and 19th at the same venue. Tickets will be on sale on matchdays at the venue priced at $20 covered section and $10 uncovered.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2016, 08:47:47 PM »
WATCH: One on one with English-born Trinidad and Tobago U-20 midfielder, Morgan Bruce

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZkCVvc6mxvA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZkCVvc6mxvA</a>

WATCH: TTFA President David John-Williams talks about the upcoming U-20 CFU Qualifiers

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/C2S5g8r8KRo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/C2S5g8r8KRo</a>

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2016, 09:49:59 PM »
WATCH: One on one with English-born Trinidad and Tobago U-20 midfielder, Morgan Bruce

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZkCVvc6mxvA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZkCVvc6mxvA</a>

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2016, 09:51:41 PM »
T&T tangles with Guadeloupe in U-20 opener at Ato Boldon
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 Men’s team will be looking to get their World Cup qualifying quest off on a winning note when they tussle with Guadeloupe in the second match of a double header to open the Caribbean Football Union First round at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 7:30pm on Wednesday.

The Jabari Mitchell captained team will face the French speaking visitors in what promises to be a keenly contested affair as Guadeloupe have entered the tournament with four France-based players and they are seeking qualification to the Final round of qualifiers for the first time. T&T meantime, have qualified for a FIFA Under 20 World Cup on two occasions, in 1991 Portugal under the captaincy of Dwight Yorke and in 2009 Egypt under Leston Paul, and they are defending Caribbean champions, having copped the regional title in 2014 with a 3-0 win over Haiti in Port of Spain.

Mitchell is a surviving member of that team alongside Nicholas Dillon. The T&T team trained at the Ato Boldon Stadium for the final time on Tuesday afternoon and English-born midfielder Morgan Bruce took part in the preparations after arriving from London on Monday.

“It’s great to be here and to be linking up with the Trinidad and Tobago National Under 20 side,” Bruce told TTFA Media.

“It’s an exciting time for me, obviously because I think being able to play international football for the country where my dad was born is a huge honour and I’m just looking to do my best to help the team qualify. I think we’ve got a great chance, not taking any of the teams for granted, but obviously believing in ourselves and taking care of business on the pitch,” Bruce added.

Guadeloupe head coach Moise Castry attended a Press Conference on Tuesday at the VIP Lounge, Hasely Crawford Stadium to officially open the tournament, and he warned T&T that they will have their work cut out if they are to get three points on Wednesday. Also attending the press conference was TTFA President David John-Williams who welcomed the three visiting teams, and TTFA Vice President Ewing Davis.

“We have come here to qualify out of the group. We have a team that is hungry for success and we have prepared well. We have been preparing for four months and we have four players in the team that have come from France two weeks ago. We don’t intend to make it easy for Trinidad and Tobago,” Castry said via a translator. He added that the team has been well received and accommodated since their arrival on Monday.

Guadeloupe has been the birthplace for several players who have gone on to represent France, notably, Jocelyn Angloma, Lilian Thuram and Ex-Chelsea player Bernanrd Lambourde. Guadeloupe’s senior team also reached the semi finals of the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup where they lost to Mexico, and they were runners up in the 2010 Caribbean Cup.

T&T head coach Brian Williams said his team will be well guarded against complacency.

“We have had two months of good preparations and I am happy with our progress. Of course the first game of a tournament is always the most important but can also be a bit tricky as this will be the first international game at this level for several of our players. But other than that, I expect we will try to settle early and play our game which will be to go on the offensive and take the game to the opponents. We will not back down for any challenges,” Williams told TTFA Media.

Turks and Caicos will face St Lucia in the opening match from 5pm.

The tournament continues with double headers on June 17th and 19th at the same venue. Tickets will be on sale on matchdays at the venue priced at $20 covered section and $10 uncovered.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2016, 09:52:17 PM »
Any chance we have a link to live stream these games?

1]; } ?>