April 26, 2024, 10:59:05 PM

Author Topic: 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup held in South Korea  (Read 82078 times)

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup held in South Korea
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2016, 06:07:47 AM »
Anybody have a link for the match today?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2016, 06:19:00 AM »
ftp://Yep, our guys have to watch this team, especially if they have guys from France. Maybe I did not read the rules well. If Guadeloupe were to win the Concacaf, are they allowed to play in the WC. I know their senior team can't play in WC, although they play in Concacaf. Did Fifa make some exception this time around?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:23:17 AM by Deeks »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 CFU Men's U-20 Qualifiers Thread
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2016, 07:56:30 AM »
WATCH: CFU U-20 Qualifiers pre-tournament press conference

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YUjVPc63Xbw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YUjVPc63Xbw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2016, 09:54:28 AM »
well leh we see how this year youth team compete. This is the future of T&T senior football so we want to see promising players. My biggest issue with previous youth teams is they tend to lose focus and become complacent during games. Against Caribbean teams most times we will not get penalised so we say we beating them so no need to change anything, but when we meet better CONCACAF teams we always get penalised because of this failure.

I hope the coaching staff keep this in mind so they can set a standard from this early round of qualification.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2016, 02:33:33 PM »
well leh we see how this year youth team compete. This is the future of T&T senior football so we want to see promising players. My biggest issue with previous youth teams is they tend to lose focus and become complacent during games. Against Caribbean teams most times we will not get penalised so we say we beating them so no need to change anything, but when we meet better CONCACAF teams we always get penalised because of this failure.

I hope the coaching staff keep this in mind so they can set a standard from this early round of qualification.

the previous under 17 team was not a strong ... so don't have high expectations
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2016, 02:58:59 PM »

the previous under 17 team was not a strong ... so don't have high expectations

So we should not expect that players have improved since then?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2016, 06:41:45 PM »
LIVE STREAM: Trinidad and Tobago U-20 vs Guadeloupe U-20. T&T leads 1-0 courtesy Jarred Dass; 55 minutes gone.
http://wisports.tv/index.php/livestream

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2016, 07:21:39 PM »
FT: 1-0  :applause: :wavetowel:

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2016, 07:24:37 PM »
Guadeloupe keeper kept them in that game big time!! Well done warriors!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2016, 07:25:12 PM »
FINAL: Trinidad and Tobago U-20 defeats Guadeloupe 1-0 on a goal by Jarred Dass in the 48th minute.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2016, 07:28:05 PM »
What's happened in the opening game?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2016, 08:07:04 PM »
We win 1-0 good start fellas.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:08:45 PM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2016, 10:17:02 PM »
A win and a clean sheet, good stuff. Powder seems to have an advanced understanding of the game. They may not be as individually talented as the previous bunch, but they play with a certain cohesion...I feel the key is playing as many competitive games as possible, learning to keeps focus, and a coach who is tactically on par or superior to CONCACAF oppsition. Coach after coach has said the missing piece is quality playing time together.

What's happened in the opening game?

St Lucia 2 Turks and Caicos 0.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:20:18 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2016, 04:49:12 AM »
Morning everyone

I went to the Ato Boldon to take in this game to see what the U20s are about.

While i am happy for the result, I see a side that can only get better with more game time.

Only a couple of players stood out for me.

Guadeloupe arent a bad side, and they started off the match with better movement and passing.  But gradually, we came into the match and had a couple of chances that we should have scored.

We need a striker, as i was not particularly impressed with the #9 up front.  The #6 looked decent and the goal scorer #8 looked a very intellegent player.

Defensively we made alot of mistakes that were not punished.

The #19 entered the game (i think he was Morgan Bruce) and he looked a cut about the rest.  His passing and movement off the ball revealed a player playing at a higher level.  In fact, it was interesting to note that a couple of times, local players appeared to not pass him the ball while open.

All in all, 3pts in the bag and an opportunity to grow and further gel in the 2nd game.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2016, 05:37:58 AM »
Under 20s start CFU campaign with 1-0 win over Guadeloupe.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 Men’s Team secured its first win of the Caribbean Football Under 20 World Cup Qualifying series with a 1-0 victory over Guadeloupe in the second game of a double header in the CFU first round encounter at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Wednesday night.

Former Naparima College forward Jarred Dass struck the winning item in the 48th minute to pave the way for T&T getting the three points which left the hosts in second spot on the table behind St Lucia which stopped Turks and Caicos 2-0 in the opening encounter and are ahead on goal difference.

T&T started proceedings a bit shaky but settled as the game processed and should have had a goal or two more in the second half against the visitors who seemed intent on putting up a good fight and never appeared overawed by the occasion of playing before an appreciative T&T support base at the Couva venue.

T&T forward Nicholas Dillon showed good intent and life up top for T&T but failed to put away a couple good chances on goal in the first half. English-born midfielder Morgan Bruce-De Rouche came off the bench in the second half and also had a good crack at goal, a low left footed effort which forced Guadeloupe goalkeeper Davy Rouyard to save low on his near right post.

Guadeloupe had two decent first half tries on goal, one which goalkeeper Jadel Poon-Lewis did well to keep out and another which was gifted to Teddy Nabab after a mishap at the back for T&T, but he somehow managed to drag his attempt wide of the mark with the goal at his mercy.

The winner came when Dass struck a low right footer into the right corner of the net after running on to a loose ball as Dillon tried to get in on goal, forcing a weak clearance by the Guadeloupe defender. Moments later, T&T had another good build up and attempt on goal with Dass swinging one over from the left, and skipper Jabari Mitchell teed up 15-year-old Isaiah Hudson nicely jut outside the 18-yard box before his  left footed crack was pushed away to safety by the Guadeloupe custodian.

Kareem Riley  had a low drive saved by the goalkeeper and Mitchell’s follow up was also kept out by the alert Rouyard.

“It’s a good note on which to start off with a win. We wanted to get over the first game jitters and we definitely know Guadeloupe would have been one of our tougher opposition,” T&T Under 20 head coach Brian Williams said after the win.

“Not knowing much of Guadeloupe other than that they had four players playing in France, I thought we were a little hesitant in going forward in the first half which I was a little concerned about. I asked the midfielders if they could push and play a bit higher up the field in the second half and use a bit more direct balls behind the Guadeloupe defence which we began to do and it worked for us.

“But overall I thought the standard was pretty good and we are happy to start with a victory. I must give compliments to our players and they adhered to instructions especially in the second half. The team has only been together for about two months. We spent the first three weeks screening players so I know the cohesiveness of the team would have been a bit off in our first game. I expect we will settle earlier in the remaining two matches. We will not take any of those two teams for granted because we are looking to top the group and qualify for the next stage,” Williams added.

Team captain Jabari Mitchell said he was relieved to see the team start off by getting the three points.

“I am thankful that we were able to come away with the victory. We knew it would be a game that wasn’t going to be easy and I felt it was important for us to get the three points. We started off a bit slow but then we came back strongly. Now with this game out of the way, we can now focus on the two remaining matches.”

Goalscorer Jarred Dass dedicated his goal to his mother who celebrated her birthday on Tuesday.

“It’s a very special goal for me as it was the goal that brought us our first victory and also my mom celebrated her birthday yesterday so I was happy to score this goal for her as well.

“We were a bit nervous in the early part of the game but I think it was going to be just a matter of time for the players to get comfortable which we ended up doing. I thought the  we, the strikers,threw away some chances but we kept our heads up and we were able to pull it off,” Dass said.

T&T faces Turks and Caicos in its second game on Friday at 7:30pm with St Lucia tackling Guadeloupe from 5pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium. T&T are after a spot in the CFU Final Round in Curacao in October and need to top the current group to secure automatic qualification. The top five Caribbean teams from the Final stage will advance to the CONCACAF Finals in Costa Rica next February onwards to the 2017 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in South Korea.

Videos: -

Brian Williams on 1-0 win over Guadeloupe, Post Match Press Conference

Jabari Mitchell and Jarred Dass on the 1-0 win over Guadeloupe.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2016, 05:53:37 AM »
Teams

Trinidad and Tobago: 1.Jadel Poon-Lewis (GK); 3.Kori Cupid, 5.Taryk Sampson, 4.Kierron Mason, 6.Noah Powder; 11.Kareem Riley (14.Yohannes Richardson 82), 12.Shane Sandy; 8.Jarred Dass (19.Morgan Bruce-De Rouche 67), 10.Jabari Mitchell (captain) (17.Rushawn Murphy 87), 7.Isaiah Hudson; 9.Nicholas Dillon.

Unused Substitutes: 20.Jabari Brice (GK), 2.Andrew Rullow, 13.Isaiah Garica, 15.Kathon St Hillaire, 16.Micah Lansiquot, 18.Jacob Sooklal.

Standbys: Denzil Smith (GK), Josh Toussaint, Quinn Rodney.

Coach: Brian Williams

Guadeloupe: 1.Davy Rouyard (GK); 2.Robby Jason, 4.Hanane Nebot, 5.Loic Nuiro (captain), 19.Kevin Moeson; 15.Joris Santenac; 7.Teddy Nabab, 6.Anthony Tafna Danavin (9.Lucas Larochelle 78), 8.Dimitri Bolivar, 14.Thomas Pracin (11.Morgan Saint-Maximin 88); 10.Yvann Macon (Meddy Viardot 73).

Unused Substitutes: 16.Sebastein Trocador (GK), 3.Gabriel Vainqueur, 12.Giovanni Dupalan, 13.Arthur Cadin, 17.Sebastien Manijean, 18.Luca Ramoutar-Badal.

Coach: Moise Castry

Referee: Johannes Dolaini (Suriname)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:06:21 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2016, 07:01:19 AM »
Good Start fellas.

Morgan Bruce have to be in the starting line up.

Powder showed his quality, I think he will better serve the team in a holding midfielder role to protect the center backs once Keston Julien is available to play. Julien at left wing back with Powder holding midfield. Probably not likely until October in Curacao.

Not sure about forwards, too early to tell.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2016, 07:05:09 AM »
First Step in the 14,571 km to Korea.

Good start fellas

Morgan Bruce have to be in the starting line up.

Powder showed his quality, I think he will better serve the team in a holding midfielder role to protect the center backs once Keston Julien is available to play. Julien at left wing back with Powder holding midfield. Probably not likely until October in Curacao.

Not sure about forwards, too early to tell.

Encouraging, considering many oversees players still available.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2016, 07:31:06 AM »
Good going fellas, their play seemed scrappy and SoP appeared slow a lot of the time though, but then it was a highlight clip.

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2016, 07:45:37 AM »
the few minutes of watching the game. i was not happy of their performance on the field. there was moments of ball watching and no off the ball running. just need a little quick passing among themselves. it seems to me a old style of coaching (trini style). need to have more off the ball runs and more team movement going forward with the ball.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2016, 08:08:55 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago U-20’s 1-0 win over Guadeloupe U-20

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jk-Iac-tPdg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jk-Iac-tPdg</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2016, 08:31:49 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jk-Iac-tPdg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jk-Iac-tPdg</a>

Ah see some very slack defending and poor finishing by our team. The Guadeloupe defending looks poor so its even worse that our forwards were having poor finishing upfront. Of course I am happy for the win but our coaching staff have to understand against better teams the result could have been very different. We have been down this road before in the past, we cannot repeat what happened in the past. In the past we get away with these mistakes against Caribbean teams but eventually losing to better teams in CONCACAF because of the same slack defending and poor finishing throughout the game. As usual I will support my team but I expect better in future games.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:35:53 AM by Sando prince »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2016, 09:45:02 AM »

Very observant summing up of what I saw,I have to totally agree,when we meet the non Caribbean teams they will buss we arse.

Ah see some very slack defending and poor finishing by our team. The Guadeloupe defending looks poor so its even worse that our forwards were having poor finishing upfront. Of course I am happy for the win but our coaching staff have to understand against better teams the result could have been very different. We have been down this road before in the past, we cannot repeat what happened in the past. In the past we get away with these mistakes against Caribbean teams but eventually losing to better teams in CONCACAF because of the same slack defending and poor finishing throughout the game. As usual I will support my team but I expect better in future games.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2016, 03:58:28 PM »
WATCH: Post-match interview with captain Jabari Mitchell and goalscorer Jarred Dass after Trinidad and Tobago U-20’s 1-0 win over Guadeloupe U-20.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MR9wqWBrYKo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MR9wqWBrYKo</a>

WATCH: Post-match interview with Head Coach Brian Williams after Trinidad and Tobago U-20’s 1-0 win over Guadeloupe U-20.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3krH5wF0xuM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3krH5wF0xuM</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2016, 06:48:56 PM »
Thanks Andre
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2016, 03:03:32 AM »
St Lucia gunning for T&T Under-20s.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

St Lucia’s Under 20 men’s team arrived here on Monday with a mission in mind, to continue their winning ways over Trinidad and Tobago after defeating the National Under 17 team 2-0 in the Caribbean Football Union Qualifiers in 2014 in Haiti.

According to their head coach Cassim Louis, the majority of members from that Under 17 team are in their current Under 20 Squad and as such they will be fancying themselves when they meet the hosts on Sunday at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 6:30pm.T&T also has several players in its current team who played in the 2014 fixture.

“It’s by design that Trinidad and Tobago scheduled their game against us last,” St Lucia’s technical director Cyril Podd said.

“They think they owe us one, so the toughest game will be left until the last game. This is the same team that has been together since under-15, so it’s still a development process. We have introduced three or four older players who will be brought in to strengthen the team. They have great team spirit, which is what you get when you build a team from under-15. You can see the camaraderie and the progress, not just individually, but as a team, and I’m quite confident the boys will deliver.”

St Lucia began their campaign with a 2-0 win over Turks and Caicos on Wednesday. Only the winning team from the four-team group will get automatic qualification to the CFU Final round in Curacao in October. T&T also started off with a 1-0 win over Guadeloupe courtesy of a Jarred Dass 48th minute item.

“We will no be underestimating any of the teams including St Lucia. Our objective is to top the group and advance, T&T head coach Brian Williams said.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2016, 06:00:16 AM »
St. Lucian Coach, Cassim Louis should focus on Guadeloupe tonight not a game 3 days from now.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2016, 06:04:21 AM »
St Lucia gunning for T&T Under-20s
Trinidad Guardian-Shaun Fuentes

St Lucia’s Under 20 men’s team arrived here on Monday with a mission in mind, to continue their winning ways over Trinidad and Tobago after defeating the National Under 17 team 2-0 in the Caribbean Football Union Qualifiers in 2014 in Haiti.

According to their head coach Cassim Louis, the majority of members from that Under 17 team are in their current Under 20 Squad and as such they will be fancying themselves when they meet the hosts on Sunday at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 6:30pm.T&T also has several players in its current team who played in the 2014 fixture.

“It’s by design that Trinidad and Tobago scheduled their game against us last,” St Lucia’s technical director Cyril Podd said.

“They think they owe us one, so the toughest game will be left until the last game. This is the same team that has been together since under-15, so it’s still a development process. We have introduced three or four older players who will be brought in to strengthen the team. They have great team spirit, which is what you get when you build a team from under-15. You can see the camaraderie and the progress, not just individually, but as a team, and I’m quite confident the boys will deliver.”

St Lucia began their campaign with a 2-0 win over Turks and Caicos on Wednesday. Only the winning team from the four-team group will get automatic qualification to the CFU Final round in Curacao in October. T&T also started off with a 1-0 win over Guadeloupe courtesy of a Jarred Dass 48th minute item.

“We will no be underestimating any of the teams including St Lucia. Our objective is to top the group and advance, T&T head coach Brian Williams said.

John-Williams—club licensing workshop coming
On the heels of a Solidarity Contribution and Training Compensation Workshop hosted by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association aimed at bringing benefits to local clubs, TTFA President David John-Williams says plans are afoot to stage a Club Licensing Program in the near future.

The TTFA boss was speaking last week following the hosting of the Solidarity Contribution workshop which saw German Attorney-at-Law Jan Schweele and Dr Georg Froese deliver presentations to members of the local clubs and other organizations.

“In the near future there is going to be a club licensing arrangement which is another initiative by FIFA and Concacaf to ensure that clubs are properly registered and structured and that will take place within the TTFA from within the next two weeks,” John-Williams stated.

“This particular workshop is going to ensure that the clubs will need to be properly structured, they need to track their players properly and it is only going to help the administration of Trinidad and Tobago football from a club level. That will eventually transcend itself to the benefit of the national team because we will now have a more structured youth system and club system,” he said.

“It is important to have another session like the Solidarity contribution workshop again in Trinidad and Tobago maybe over two days. I think we will give the clubs more notice so that we can have more participants, maybe one hundred to one hundred and fifty participants who will make this workshop more worthwhile.”

The Club Licensing System seeks to raise the level of club football on and off the pitch, and represents the long-term development tool for Confederations and members associations as defined by FIFA.

First introduced at the FIFA Congress in 2006, the Club Licensing system sets criteria that clubs must meet to ensure participation, with the world soccer governing body listing it a top priority for the 2015-2018 Cycle. Its objective include but not limited to  promoting  and  improving  of  the  quality  and   level  of  all  football.

It is aimed at ensuring  that  the  clubs  have  the  appropriate  infrastructure,  knowledge  and  application in respect of management and organisation; Adapting and improving the clubs sporting infrastructure; Improving the economic and financial capacity of clubs, through proper corporate governance and control and ensuring and guaranteeing the continuity of international competitions of clubs during the season.

De Rouche waiting for best deal

English-born midfielder Morgan Bruce De Rouche says he has been offered deals by some clubs in England, Belgium and Italy but is considering all his options before signing his next contract.

De Rouche came on in the second half of T&T’s 1-0 win over Guadeloupe on Wednesday night and had an immediate impact, going close with a strong left footed effort which the Guadeloupe goalkeeper had to push away.

De Rouche is currently playing with the Under 21 team of Belgium club Gent FC after being with English side Stevenage Borough.

“I’m with Gent at the moment. Some of the clubs that have show interest in me include Burton Albion and Queen’s Park Rangers as well as a couple Division Two Sides from Italy. But I have not agreed to anything as yet. I want to make sure and get the best deal possible.

“At the moment my focus is with the National Under 20 team. I’m delighted to be in the team and I want to play a big part in helping the team go on to qualify from the group and hopefully make it all the way to the Under 20 World Cup next year,” De Rouche said

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2016, 02:37:51 PM »
 St Kitts 2- Jamaica 0
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2016, 04:08:41 PM »
What time is the game?

1]; } ?>