March 29, 2024, 06:51:48 AM

Author Topic: 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup held in South Korea  (Read 80813 times)

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 CFU Men's U-20 Qualifiers Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2016, 05:50:50 PM »
T&T: 0
St Lucia: 1:   As of the 40th minute, 1st half.

A defensive minded St. Lucia scored around the 38th minute against the run of play.  T&T dominating the ball, but as usual with all of our teams, we have skills for days but absolutely almost zero player-movement off the ball.  Too much skilled players, but everyone who doesn't have the ball at their feet, just stands around liming on the field of play.   :banginghead:

T&T do not have many skilled players. Knowing how to brukk and shift do not make you a skill player. We do not even have enough players who can shoot on target but yet we want to call them skilled players. What we do not have for sure are enough players with an intelligent football iq.

Sando Prince --- Not true.  T&T's problem has ALWAYS been having 'skilled' players (and I mean that sarcastically with regards to 'shaker-men'), but we don't have much IQ players.  Fellas know how to dance and shake, but they don't know how to run off the ball.
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2016, 05:51:16 PM »
Btw, T&T just leveled the score.

1-1
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2016, 06:00:25 PM »

What a miss! we could miss chances like that against these type of teams and not feel it in the end. Against better teams in CONCACAF we will most likely pay the price.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2016, 07:48:52 PM »
FINAL: Trinidad and Tobago U-20 1-1 St. Lucia U-20
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup held in South Korea
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2016, 09:01:19 PM »
As Group winners our first match as part of Group B in Curacao is October 22nd. We need to boost the squad, several players were not available we need to bring them in. Central Defense is a challenge, though we gave up only 1 goal in 3 games the one we did is a symbol of the challenges.

Overall, still disappointed with the speed of play and off the ball running

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2016, 09:30:48 PM »
T&T: 0
St Lucia: 1:   As of the 40th minute, 1st half.

A defensive minded St. Lucia scored around the 38th minute against the run of play.  T&T dominating the ball, but as usual with all of our teams, we have skills for days but absolutely almost zero player-movement off the ball.  Too much skilled players, but everyone who doesn't have the ball at their feet, just stands around liming on the field of play.   :banginghead:

T&T coaches have to teach men who not on the ball how to move and make their rounds.... to much ball watching 

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2016, 09:36:55 PM »
the few minutes of watching the game. i was not happy of their performance on the field. there was moments of ball watching and no off the ball running. just need a little quick passing among themselves. it seems to me a old style of coaching (trini style). need to have more off the ball runs and more team movement going forward with the ball.

i had made this comments before.... june 16

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2016, 09:48:04 PM »

Overall, still disappointed with the speed of play and off the ball running

our "coaches" don't seem to recognize this as an issue, the various leagues don't, and I doubt the pres and his boys will either, because it is a fact that is not unknown to them, they just don't get that that is a big issue. steups
I pity the fool....

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2016, 10:59:54 PM »
Congrats to the players and staff on advancing to the finals.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2016, 02:56:45 AM »
 Our coaches cannot teach the basics of the game,imagine at under 20 you are ball watching,you should know that at under 15,running off the ball,possession etc.It is sometimes pathetic to look at.Maybe the coach is just crap,why do we ever bother about these tournaments,we just make fools of ourselves.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2016, 05:05:59 AM »
For U20 young men, I was surprised to see the team playing a 4-14-1 formation, why not play a 4-3-3 with the triangle forward tobcover the concern of central defense. Considering the short time for preparation this would have been the best tactical option.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2016, 06:32:28 AM »
Same old, same old.

Coaches who can't coach
Players who don't know how to play
And people looking to go to World Cup tournament.

People planting peas and looking to reap corn....

That 11 - 0 score you ran up on Turks & Caicos was another false positive, yet you have these kids thanking coach for this and thanking coach for that.....wait, what?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2016, 06:57:02 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RN5mF7cg-Cw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RN5mF7cg-Cw</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NZfynE9ucx0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NZfynE9ucx0</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2016, 10:13:45 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago qualifies for the final round of the 2016 CFU Men’s U-20 Tournament
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 Men’s Team achieved its first mission of advancing to the Final Round of the Caribbean Football Union World qualifiers after securing a 1-1 draw with St Lucia at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Sunday night to top Group Two of the opening round.

An equalizing goal in the 62nd minute by 15-year-old DirecTV W Connection midfielder Isaiah Hudson, his third goal of the three-match series, cancelled out Cassius Joseph’s 39th item which had earlier given the visitors the lead heading into half time.

Needing a draw to top the group, having a superior goal difference following Friday night’s 11-0 win over Turks and Caicos, T&T looked in control of the match in the first half but seemed to lack that bit extra to pull away from their stubborn opponents. St Lucia did have a good look in on goal in the 20th minute with Cassius Joseph and Noah Nicholas combined but the latter could not get enough on his effort to beat goalkeeper Jabari Brice who was in for the injured Jadel Poon-Lewis. Nicholas was the double scorer in St Lucia’s 2-0 win over T&T at the CFU Under 17 Finals in 2014. And he looked St Lucia’s most dangerous player on the night  keen on hurting T&T again. But not this time.

St. Lucia had other ideas as they stunned the hosts with the go ahead goal six minutes from the break. Nicholas did the hard work on the left before finding Joseph inside the box and he stabbed home his second attempt after his initial effort was blocked by Brice. The goal would have had to serve as a wake up call for Brian Williams’ team.

T&T’s best efforts came near the half hour mark when Noah Didier had to be alert to keep out shots by Noah Powder and Hudson as they tried to give T&T the edge.

Three minutes into the second half T&T’s Kathon St Hillaire had an ambitious effort from the top of the box which went over bar and three minutes later Nicholas almost punished the home team with an attempt that was deflected away for a corner. A second then then would created an uphill task for T&T.

T&T persisted and  would grab the equalizer when substitute Jarred Dass, moments after replacing Morgan Bruce, sent a good looking delivery over from the left and Hudson clinically directed his effort into the net to tie the scores.

Dass later had a shot on goal which Didier saved and the custodian came up big again in the 76th minute to tip over a shot by Mitchell. A 1-1 stalemate in the end proving sufficient for T&T to move ahead in the qualifiers.

Head Coach Brian Williams stated afterwards that their main goal was to qualify for the CFU Finals to be staged in Curacao in October.

“I was pretty pleased as we achieved our objective of topping the group. I must say St Lucia played a pretty good game and they gave us a good challenge. Now we have some time to do some more work because we spent about three weeks screening players before we got down to the preparations for this tournament. And we will be looking to improve before the next set of matches.

“Offensively we wanted to maintain the same kind of strategy that we used against Turks and Caicos. We could have done better defensively because I know that area of the team, especially in the central defensive area, no disrespect to our two stoppers,  we know that’s one of the weak areas in the team and we have to do some work there,” Williams added.

“Now we will give the players two weeks off and then we will resume preparations on July 6th with about three months or so left before the next phase. We will be looking to strengthen our weak areas and of course we will be welcoming a couple more players back into the team and also possibly looking at other players who we think could bring some quality to the side. All in all I must say well done this team and for the fact that we were able to complete the task in three games.”

Williams said he will be looking closely at the training arrangements during that period as it relates to players involved in playing for the colleges and clubs.

He said that Jerren Nixon jnr is expected to be involved again after suffering an injury during a try out with the T&T team a few weeks ago and he added that Dutch-based winger Levi Garcia has indicated an interest in joining the team. Keston Julien is also expected to return following an overseas trial in Holland.

Guadeloupe topped Turks and Caicos 5-0 in the earlier game on Sunday to finish the group in third place on three points, behind St Lucia (7 pts) and group winners T&T (7 pts).

T&T will join hosts Curacao and six other teams in the Final Round in October from which five teams will advance to the CONCACAF Finals in Costa Rica in October. Four teams will then qualify for the 2017 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in South Korea.

Trinidad and Tobago : 20.Jabari Brice (GK); 3.Kori Cupid, 4.Kierron Mason, 5.Taryk Sampson, 6.Noah Powder; 7.Isaiah Hudson, 10.Jabari Mitchell (captain), 11.Kareem Riley; 19.Morgan Bruce (8.Jarred Dass, 61’), 9.Nicholas Dillon, 15.Kathon St Hillaire (17.Rushawn Murphy, 70’);

Unused substitutes: 1.Jadel Poon-Lewis (GK), 2.Andrew Rullow, 12.Shane Sandy, 13.Isaiah Garcia, 14.Yohannes Richardson, 16.Micah Lansiquot, 18.Jacob Sookal.

Coach: Brian Williams

St Lucia  20.Noah Didier (GK); 2.McCathur Louis, 6.Melvin Doxilly, 18.Cherdam Seraphin, 3.Keeroy Lionel; 19.Alvinus Myers, 15.Ryi Maryat (captain), 4.Zachernus Simon, 11.Antoine Wilfred (12.Kerry Joseph 41’ [14.Jamie Prosper 73’]); 10.Cassius Joseph; 7.Noah Nicholas.

Unused substitutes: 1.Viannie George (GK), 16.Vino Barcelette (GK), 5.Dante Hippolyte, 9.Tev Lawrence, 13.Albertini Phillip, 17.Selwyn Boyce.

Coach: Albert St Croix

Referee: Kerry Skeeple (Antigua)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:19:29 AM by Tallman »

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2016, 10:51:48 AM »
Same old, same old.

Coaches who can't coach
Players who don't know how to play
And people looking to go to World Cup tournament.

People planting peas and looking to reap corn....

That 11 - 0 score you ran up on Turks & Caicos was another false positive, yet you have these kids thanking coach for this and thanking coach for that.....wait, what?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2016, 10:52:23 AM »
So CONCACAF Finals in October, and they only began training 4 weeks ago? That is not enough time to mould THIS team into a unit that could win the CFU title, far less place 4th in CONCACAF. Does the TTFA really expect to create a World Cup worthy team in 5 months by preparation consisting of fete matches against super league teams and pro-league reserves?

And when they get the INEVITABLE cut-arse men will roll in here talking bout they 'expected better' from these kids and calling them shithongs. Better the youths play for the scouts and advance themselves.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2016, 11:20:51 AM »
My question is how does the process work in choosing a national  coach @ the lower level like under 15, 17, 20 and under 23 and my second question is what are these guy's resume...cause it seems went we reach @ that level skills doesn't always cut it....it seems....so my final question is around the neighborhood coach, primary school coach, secondary & college school coach, under 15,17,20,and 23 coaches doesn't see that... The lack of...off the ball movement, ball possession and our slow pace and try to seriously correct it...could someone explain after all these years since we start playing this game call football that we always behind the 8 ball went we see around the world that the game has seriously evolve

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2016, 11:22:45 AM »
What u talking bout, Zando...yuh think this is some academy team where they have to be taught the game of football. This is National team selections. I was at the Ato on Thursday, when they won 11. I left on 9.. Yes they need work, but. This is u 20, even if I will agree they played like u 15. They have plenty time, up to the coaches to remind them they are men, or the wrong guys were selected. Or coaches...A good coach can make it happen. I'm sure pro league teams would give them better test than this group they just came out of.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 11:25:15 AM by maxg »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2016, 12:23:32 PM »
What u talking bout, Zando...yuh think this is some academy team where they have to be taught the game of football. This is National team selections. I was at the Ato on Thursday, when they won 11. I left on 9.. Yes they need work, but. This is u 20, even if I will agree they played like u 15. They have plenty time, up to the coaches to remind them they are men, or the wrong guys were selected. Or coaches...A good coach can make it happen. I'm sure pro league teams would give them better test than this group they just came out of.

Maxg this is not a team bursting with talent, like the previous U-20. Nor does it have the advantages of the 2007, 2009, and 2013 youth teams who were exposed to games against the likes of brazil, mexico, peru, cameroon, costa rica, etc and numerous columbian teams before they even reach the CONCACAF finals. Our last U-20 beat both JA and Haiti and were Caribbean champs. This U-20 has been the first youth team in years to be beaten comprehensively by both JA and Haiti. They doh have time. A world cup team is years in the making. And telling them they are men eh turning nothing around. What might turn it around is a steady diet of hard physical training, elements that will seriously challenge their mental approach to the game, and games against top CONCACAF peers.

I have no doubt these youths are giving it their best, and supporters like you and me know what they are up against. But doing the same things and expecting different results is to believe in magic. We might as well hire Gandalf as we coach if that is the case.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:28:28 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2016, 12:55:35 PM »
My question is how does the process work in choosing a national  coach @ the lower level like under 15, 17, 20 and under 23 and my second question is what are these guy's resume...cause it seems went we reach @ that level skills doesn't always cut it....it seems....so my final question is around the neighborhood coach, primary school coach, secondary & college school coach, under 15,17,20,and 23 coaches doesn't see that... The lack of...off the ball movement, ball possession and our slow pace and try to seriously correct it...could someone explain after all these years since we start playing this game call football that we always behind the 8 ball went we see around the world that the game has seriously evolve

Its deceptively simple. We simply are a culture that lacks curiosity, sense of community, and is averse to risk. We do not undertake indepth critiques of football. And we only adapt to new/radical thinking until its globally established. By that time everyone is doing it and the potential edge is already lost. And IMO our inability to run off the ball and play for each other is a tiny but significant reflection of the deeper reality that in our culture we place more value on individualism before community. I could be very wrong, its just my opinion.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2016, 02:05:49 PM »
But, off the ball movement is fundamental. Did it skip a generation? Because I am certain it used to exist.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2016, 02:09:22 PM »

Its deceptively simple. We simply are a culture that lacks curiosity, sense of community, and is averse to risk. We do not undertake indepth critiques of football. And we only adapt to new/radical thinking until its globally established. By that time everyone is doing it and the potential edge is already lost. And IMO our inability to run off the ball and play for each other is a tiny but significant reflection of the deeper reality that in our culture we place more value on individualism before community. I could be very wrong, its just my opinion.[/b]

nah yuh very RIGHT
I pity the fool....

Offline OutsideMan

• Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2016, 03:11:14 PM »
I wanted to add something else as well to what I mentioned above with regards to our teams lack of off the ball movement.  It's also that our teams don't utilize 'dummy-runs', and 'passing the ball in the space' (instead of directly to the man) enough when attempting to breach the opposing teams 18-yard box region.  Our style of play is one where for the most part our players stand and wait for the ball to be passed to directly to their feet, instead of the passer making a straight pass into the space, with the intended-target making a dummy-run diagonally behind the defender into the space to collect the pass.  This is something we seem to do extremely sparingly, and normally as if by accident, instead of with purpose.  This is something that a lot of bigger teams who man-to-man, don't have any more talent over T&T, do to us all the time at all levels. 

Not saying its a cure-all, but if we utilize plays like those at all levels of our football, it would make T&T a scary team to play against --- not just every few years.  Anyway, I hope the youths on the U-20 side develop their football mindset, strategy, tactics, and most importantly football IQ, over the next few months. 

Remember...the Lady Warriors began to play respectable football in late 2014, with the hiring of a good coach (Waldron) who instilled good tactical play, including dummy runs and off the ball movement etc, in their play.  We have the skills.  Win, lose, or draw, we just don't apply that abundance of skill to good tactical football consistently.   

Cheers to improvement and better things down the road with the teams at all levels. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2016, 03:42:01 PM »
For the most part, our players don't know how to play without the ball.

This isn't a "now" thing.  This has been so from time.  There are SOME notable exceptions to that but I'm comfortable making the general statement.

It's even more valid and striking when it comes to our off the ball defending.  Shocking at times.  But what you don't train, and by that I mean train from small, you won't display.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2016, 04:12:30 PM »
So all we old men know that, every socawarrio.net know this, and up to now and historically the coaches and u20 players don't know or incapable of executing the required adjustments to develop basic team football ? I doubt that very much. If that is the case, then it is quite obvious the wrong ppl are being selected, including the coach, who learned nothing with his stint with national team, years coaching the game and touring other countries. Etc.. What I did see on the field last Thursday may have been fit young individuals, but could not be the 3 Rd best TT u 20 players, farless the best available. Without calling names, there were young men, who should not even be on the bench, farless on the field. Something very skewy with what I saw,
I observed some youths/guys in Mandela park playing small goal, definitely better, as far as ball control, runs, defensive coverage and vision, not many, but counted about 5 in 100 , that I would give a 2 no look. I cannot imagine what/who I would find if I scoured the whole country. Something wrong with where the selectees coming from, I am willing to bet, there is a lot of talent, not in the pro league clubs.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2016, 05:44:22 PM »
For U20 young men, I was surprised to see the team playing a 4-14-1 formation, why not play a 4-3-3 with the triangle forward tobcover the concern of central defense. Considering the short time for preparation this would have been the best tactical option.
I am not sure they posses a central midfielder who is strong enough going both ways. Until they do they will have to keep a specialized defensive midfielder.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2016, 05:55:16 PM »
I wanted to add something else as well to what I mentioned above with regards to our teams lack of off the ball movement.  It's also that our teams don't utilize 'dummy-runs', and 'passing the ball in the space' (instead of directly to the man) enough when attempting to breach the opposing teams 18-yard box region.  Our style of play is one where for the most part our players stand and wait for the ball to be passed to directly to their feet, instead of the passer making a straight pass into the space, with the intended-target making a dummy-run diagonally behind the defender into the space to collect the pass.  This is something we seem to do extremely sparingly, and normally as if by accident, instead of with purpose.  This is something that a lot of bigger teams who man-to-man, don't have any more talent over T&T, do to us all the time at all levels. 

Not saying its a cure-all, but if we utilize plays like those at all levels of our football, it would make T&T a scary team to play against --- not just every few years.  Anyway, I hope the youths on the U-20 side develop their football mindset, strategy, tactics, and most importantly football IQ, over the next few months. 

Remember...the Lady Warriors began to play respectable football in late 2014, with the hiring of a good coach (Waldron) who instilled good tactical play, including dummy runs and off the ball movement etc, in their play.  We have the skills.  Win, lose, or draw, we just don't apply that abundance of skill to good tactical football consistently.   

Cheers to improvement and better things down the road with the teams at all levels. 

outsideman...isn't that the lack of coach skill level of the game....@every school and U15 and up...so you saying  kids playing smalgoel no coaching involved but some of the kids have that roar skill.....they join a club or team the coach see the skill set but don't know how to have these kids play with out the ball and pass into space.... these things are fundamental football @ the lowest level....you talking about culture of bad coaching to me of guys and girls coach who is mature of the game to instill these basic things....or they just don't know...my Trini brother I hope you understand what trying to say

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2016, 08:23:41 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago U-20’s 1-1 draw with St. Lucia

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/unjzloyBbig" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/unjzloyBbig</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2016, 01:50:59 AM »
But, off the ball movement is fundamental. Did it skip a generation? Because I am certain it used to exist.

When were we using consistently off ball movement in the past? And to what extent? And who did it?

Maybe the little off ball movement we used to do has been supplanted by the more comprehensive practices of footballing nations today. And we have failed to adapt. I'm sure in the T&T teams of the 1960's and early 1970's could outmanouvre their U.S. or Mexican counterparts. Not today though.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2016, 02:47:40 AM »
T&T advances to CFU U-20 Final Stage.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 Men’s Team achieved its first mission of advancing to the Final Round of the Caribbean Football Union World qualifiers after securing a 1-1 draw with St Lucia at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Sunday night to top Group Two of the opening round.

An equalizing goal in the 62nd minute by 15-year-old DirecTV W Connection midfielder Isaiah Hudson, his third goal of the three-match series, cancelled out Cassius Joseph’s 39th item which had earlier given the visitors the lead heading into half time.

Needing a draw to top the group, having a superior goal difference following Friday night’s 11-0 win over Turks and Caicos, T&T looked in control of the match in the first half but seemed to lack that bit extra to pull away from their stubborn opponents. St Lucia did have a good look in on goal in the 20th minute with Cassius Joseph and Noah Nicholas combined but the latter could not get enough on his effort to beat goalkeeper Jabari Brice who was in for the injured Jadel Poon-Lewis. Nicholas was the double scorer in St Lucia’s 2-0 win over T&T at the CFU Under 17 Finals in 2014. And he looked St Lucia’s most dangerous player on the night  keen on hurting T&T again. But not this time.

St Lucia had other ideas as they stunned the hosts with the go ahead goal six minutes from the break. Nicholas did the hard work on the left before finding Joseph inside the box and he stabbed home his second attempt after his initial effort was blocked by Brice. The goal would have had to serve as a wake up call for Brian Williams’ team.

T&T’s best efforts came near the half hour mark when Noah Didier had to be alert to keep out shots by Noah Powder and Hudson as they tried to give T&T the edge.

Three minutes into the second half T&T’s Kathon St Hillaire had an ambitious effort from the top of the box which went over bar and three minutes later Nicholas almost punished the home team with an attempt that was deflected away for a corner. A second then then would created an uphill task for T&T.

T&T persisted and  would grab the equalizer when substitute Jarred Dass, moments after replacing Morgan Bruce, sent a good looking delivery over from the left and Hudson clinically directed his effort into the net to tie the scores.

Dass later had a shot on goal which Didier saved and the custodian came up big again in the 76th minute to tip over a shot by Mitchell. A 1-1 stalemate in the end proving sufficient for T&T to move ahead in the qualifiers.

Head Coach Brian Williams stated afterwards that their main goal was to qualify for the CFU Finals to be staged in Curacao in October.

“I was pretty pleased as we achieved our objective of topping the group. I must say St Lucia played a pretty good game and they gave us a good challenge. Now we have some time to do some more work because we spent about three weeks screening players before we got down to the preparations for this tournament. And we will be looking to improve before the next set of matches.

“Offensively we wanted to maintain the same kind of strategy that we used against Turks and Caicos. We could have done better defensively because I know that area of the team, especially in the central defensive area, no disrespect to our two stoppers,  we know that one of the weak areas in the team and we have to do some work there,” Williams added.

“Now we will give the players two weeks off and then we will resume preparations on July 6th with about three months or so left before the next phase. We will be looking to strengthen our weak areas and of course we will be welcoming a couple more players back into the team and also possibly looking at other players who we think could bring some quality to the side. All in all I must say well done this team and for the fact that we were able to complete the task in three games.”

Williams said he will be looking closely at the training arrangements during that period as it relates to players involved in playing for the colleges and clubs.

He said that Jerren Nixon jnr is expected to be involved again after suffering an injury during a try out with the T&T team a few weeks ago and he added that Dutch-based winger Levi Garcia has indicated an interest in joining the team. Keston Julien is also expected to return following an overseas trial in Holland.

Guadeloupe topped Turks and Caicos 5-0 in the earlier game on Sunday to finish the group in third place on three points, behind St Lucia (7 pts) and group winners T&T (7 pts).

T&T will join hosts Curacao and six other teams in the Final Round in October from which five teams will advance to the CONCACAF Finals in Costa Rica in October. Four teams will then qualify for the 2017 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in South Korea.

Teams

Trinidad and Tobago: 20.Jabari Brice (GK); 3.Kori Cupid, 4.Kierron Mason, 5.Taryk Sampson, 6.Noah Powder; 7.Isaiah Hudson, 10.Jabari Mitchell (captain), 11.Kareem Riley; 19.Morgan Bruce (8.Jarred Dass, 61’), 9.Nicholas Dillon, 15.Kathon St Hillaire (17.Rushawn Murphy, 70’).

Unused substitutes: 1.Jadel Poon-Lewis (GK), 2.Andrew Rullow, 12.Shane Sandy, 13.Isaiah Garcia, 14.Yohannes Richardson, 16.Micah Lansiquot, 18.Jacob Sookal.

Coach: Brian Williams

St Lucia: 20.Noah Didier (GK); 2.McCathur Louis, 6.Melvin Doxilly, 18.Cherdam Seraphin, 3.Keeroy Lionel; 19.Alvinus Myers, 15.Ryi Maryat (captain), 4.Zachernus Simon, 11.Antoine Wilfred (12.Kerry Joseph 41’ [14.Jamie Prosper 73’]); 10.Cassius Joseph; 7.Noah Nicholas.

Unused substitutes: 1.Viannie George (GK), 16.Vino Barcelette (GK), 5.Dante Hippolyte, 9.Tev Lawrence, 13.Albertini Phillip, 17.Selwyn Boyce.

Coach: Albert St Croix

Referee: Kerry Skeeple (Antigua).

Videos: -

Williams on the 1-1 draw with St Lucia

Jabari Mitchell and Jarred Dass on 1-1 draw with St Lucia

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>