April 23, 2024, 04:56:18 AM

Author Topic: 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup held in South Korea  (Read 81630 times)

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup held in South Korea
« Reply #450 on: December 17, 2016, 07:20:47 PM »
]Ramos targets first-ever U-20 title for USA

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica – It’s hard to believe, but the United States has never won the CONCACAF Under-20 Championship in 22 all-time attempts.

That’s not to say it hasn’t come close. A pair of runner-up finishes in the last four editions stand as evidence, though, that a breakthrough is nearing.

With the next competition scheduled to be played February 17-March 3, 2017, in Costa Rica, head coach Tab Ramos is not only setting his sights on qualifying for the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup, he’s aiming to bring home a trophy.

“I don’t think we need to do anything different,” said Ramos, when asked what the U.S. can do to capture the crown. “Unfortunately, we always have the challenge of not having players released for the tournament, so we don’t come with our strongest team. We don’t take that as an excuse. We’re coming here to win every game. That’s what we’re here for and hopefully this year we can do it.”

Under the rules of new tournament format, in order to become king of the CONCACAF U-20 hill, the Americans must finish among the top two teams in their first-round group that contains Group B rivals Panama, Haiti and St. Kitts & Nevis. If that happens, they will progress to one of two, three-team groups and have to capture first place to earn a place in the final.

“You go from a group of four to a group of three,” Ramos, 50, remarked about the new format. “I think it makes you have to be a little more consistent throughout the tournament. All the games become important, just not the first couple and the last couple.

“In terms of advancing to the second round, hopefully we’re one of the teams that’s able to do that.”

The former U.S. national team star is not expecting an easy ride in Costa Rica.

“In terms of our draw, we know that Panama was an excellent team the last time around,” finished Ramos. “In terms of Haiti being the other team in the group, I they’re always difficult because they are random. They have a lot of good players. They can attack in a lot of different ways. St. Kitts is the up and comer. They’ve been doing a good job with their development and they’re deserving to be here, so I think it would be difficult.”

And would make a title even more satisfying.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 17, 2016, 08:01:04 PM »
U.S. U20 side named for Costa Rica camp, friendlies

CHICAGO – United States under-20 national team head coach Tab Ramos named Thursday a 20-player squad for a training camp set to take place from December 13-20, in San Jose, Costa Rica.

The Americans will also contest two friendlies against their Costa Rican counterparts on December 17 and 19. Both sides will use the games as preparation for the 2017 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship, which will be played in Costa Rica, February 17-March 5, 2017.

“This will be a great opportunity for our players to get acclimated to Costa Rica and get a sense of what they can expect in February.” Ramos said. “The chance to play Costa Rica twice will be a good test for our guys to see where they stand against the host nation, who is playing at a very high level.”

The roster is highlighted by the inclusion of 17-year-old midfielder Tyler Adams, who appeared in three of the New York Red Bulls’ four matches during the 2016/17 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League group stage.

Also meriting selection are goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann, the son former U.S. national team head coach Jurgen Klinsmann, and forward Brandon Vazquez, a recent Atlanta United addition from Mexico’s Club Tijuana.

ROSTER

GOALKEEPERS: Jonathan Klinsmann (University of California), JT Marcinkowski (Georgetown University)

DEFENDERS: Marcello Borges (University of Michigan), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake), Aaron Hererra (University of New Mexico), Jake Morris (Seattle Sounders FC), Tommy Redding (Orlando City SC), Miles Robinson (Syracuse University), Auston Trusty (Philadelphia Union)

MIDFIELDERS: Danny Acosta (Real Salt Lake), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls II), Derrick Jones (Philadelphia Union), Sebastian Saucedo (Real Salt Lake), Nick Taitague (FC Richmond), Eryk Williamson (University of Maryland)

FORWARDS: Jeremy Ebobisse (Charleston Battery), Jonathan Lewis (University of Akron), Victor Mansaray (Seattle Sounders FC), Emmanuel Sabbi (UD Las Palmas/Spain), Brandon Vazquez (Atlanta United FC)

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 18, 2016, 11:54:44 AM »
Panama U20s to face Peru in January friendlies

PANAMA CITY, Panama – The Panama under-20 national team will visit its counterparts in Peru for friendlies on January 2 and 4, the Federación Panameña de Fútbol announced Friday.

Head coach Leonardo Pipino is using the trip as part of his preparations for the next CONCACAF Under-20 Championship, which will be played February 17-March 5, 2017, in Costa Rica.

At the CONCACAF event, which qualifies four teams to the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Korea Republic, the Canaleros will face Group B opponents United States (February 18), St. Kitts & Nevis (February 21) and Haiti (February 24).

Panama has made five appearances in the FIFA U-20 World Cup (2003, 2005, 2007, 2011, 2015).

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #453 on: December 26, 2016, 02:41:58 PM »
Williams gives an update on U-20 Men’s team preparations.
TTFA Media.

The national Men’s Under 20 Team is currently involved in preparations for the CONCACAF Final Round of World Cup qualification in Costa Rica in February. Head Coach Brian Williams has a squad of 32 players in training. Click the interview link to hear more from Williams about the current state of the team.

U-20 Men's Head Coach talks about team preparations ahead of CONCACAF qualifiers

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 26, 2016, 06:44:49 PM »
Good to see we training early

Good to see we open to new players

hope the keepers getting fit

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 26, 2016, 09:46:32 PM »
Coach say we guys need strengthening up. I should have auditioned for TD  ;D. been saying that for ages.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 27, 2016, 06:43:58 AM »
Coach say we guys need strengthening up. I should have auditioned for TD  ;D. been saying that for ages.

We seem to believe that big is strong, often we do not recognize that the more flexible the muscle the stronger the muscle.

I disagree with one thing the Coach said about not doing fitness because the boys coming off colleges and club league. Frankly, the pace of play and fitness level in those leagues are below what is required at the international level.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 27, 2016, 08:31:08 AM »
Bago, footballers going to the weight room is not about getting big and muscular. It about ballers strengthening their bodies to counter the impact of bruisers and cutlass men from the opposing teams.  Skill work, weight training, fitness training and tactics are all complimentary to each other. One thing I experienced with weight training is that is helps with a footballer's recovery rate. It helps you build your stamina. And of course, proper supervised weight training with proper supervised stretching exercises will help with muscle flexibility you quite rightly mentioned.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:34:58 AM by Deeks »

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 27, 2016, 09:00:05 AM »
Deeks, totally agree as I am not against the weight room for all the reasons you mentioned. The multiple reps at lower weight levels are a must. I was referencing that we have players that are "big" not muscularly defined nor truly strong and we often think that is strength.

My main point is that the players need fitness at a very high level to play the proper brand of football to advance out of the group in February. We can not accomplish that fitness in a two week camp in Colombia/Brazil, that fitness and nutrition has to start now.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 27, 2016, 09:19:58 AM »
Bago, I think time is of the essence for this preparation. They may have to start the fitness program earlier. Maybe coach just want the guys to do less stress work for the first couple days and then start with serious fitness work. Maybe, I don't know. Yes 2 weeks is not enough. If these guys were in a REAL football academy then I don't think fitness would have be an issue.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #460 on: December 29, 2016, 06:07:18 AM »
Williams eyes January camp for T&T U-20s.
T&T Newsday Reports.

BRIAN WILLIAMS, coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Under- 20 football team, is eying a camp for the squad ahead of the CONCACAF Under- 20 Championship, which will take place in Costa Rica from February 17 to March 5.

A total of 12 teams, in three groups, will be participating in the event, which will see four teams qualify for the 2017 FIFA Under- 20 World Cup in South Korea.

Trinidad and Tobago have been drawn in Group C, alongside hosts Costa Rica, El Salvador and Bermuda.

Williams, in an interview on the TT Football Association (TT FA) website, is impressed with how things have been going with the team since they resumed preparations earlier this month.

“Things are going pretty okay at this point in time,” he said. “Presently we have about 32 local players in training .

We train every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings and I’m pretty pleased with how preparations are going at this point in time. What I’m happy about is the competitiveness within the training sessions.

“We also have some new guys that we called up into training,” he continued. “So I’m taking a keen look at them.

Some of those guys (are) looking promising.

I don’t need to call names but I should say training is on course and we’re hoping to do a camp from the 8th of January to the 18th.

From that camp we’ll look at our final 20-26 players to go on tour, either to Colombia or Brazil, before we get to Costa Rica.” The dreadlocked Williams, who featured as a right-back on the Strike Squad team who narrowly missed out on a spot on the 1990 FIFA World Cup in Italy, is hopeful of getting men’s team winger Levi Garcia in the squad for the CONCACAF phase .

The 19-year-old Garcia currently plays for AZ Alkmaar in the Dutch Eredivisie .

“We have 32 players right now,” said Williams .

“We’re looking at getting Levi Garcia into the squad but we’re working really hard on that. We’re hoping to get him to join the squad.” One player who has left a good impression on Williams in the training sessions is Denmark-born midfielder Mark Gangiah .

According to the Under- 20 coach, “he came to train and did two weeks training with us. A really nice player, very athletic, a midfielder (who) can play both attacking and defensive.

He (has) some document work to do in terms of acquiring his Trinidad and Tobago passport.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 29, 2016, 08:40:04 AM »
CONCACAF Q&A: Tahir Hanley (Garden Hotspurs and St. Kitts & Nevis)

There is no doubt that St. Kitts & Nevis international Tahir Hanley is among the next generation of CONCACAF stars.  The 19-year-old forward made his senior debut in a 0-0 draw at Nicaragua on August 31, 2016.  In addition to that honor, he was key in helping the Sugar Boyz secure a place in the CONCACAF Under-20 Championship for only the second-ever time, scoring six goals in Caribbean qualifying, including two in the final round.  Hanley took time to speak with CONCACAF.com about his future as a professional and what he wants to achieve moving forward.

How old were you when you started to play football?

I was seven-years-old when I started to play football.  It was a happy moment for me.  Football was my hobby and my love.  Now, I am happy that it is a career option for me.

You scored key goals to help your country qualify for the 2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship.  How did you feel about your role in making that happen?

I felt great.  It is a wonderful feeling when you can contribute for your country and make an impact.  The Caribbean final round in Curacao was a memorable tournament for us.  I would say, however, that our win over Jamaica (2-0) in the Dominican Republic in the first round was a turning point for us.  It gave us a lot of momentum moving forward and thankfully the goals came…so did the performances and the results.  Football is big in St. Kitts and hopefully we can show CONCACAF that we are no pushovers and that we can make a good impression and establish ourselves as a strong footballing nation.

Are there any footballers to whom you look up?

Well, there are two.  Cristiano Ronaldo is one.  He is a hard worker and we are seeing that every season he just improves and improves.  He is a model professional and he takes his football seriously.  It is a good platform he has set for young people.  In terms of Kittitian footballers, I look up to my big brother Tishan Hanley.  He is a regular in the national team and he also plays football overseas.  He gives me good advice and I hope to play overseas like him one day in the future.

You made your St. Kitts & Nevis senior debut earlier this year in a 0-0 draw at Nicaragua.  How did it feel to make your debut?

It was a dream to make my senior international debut.  We did well against a team that beat the likes of Suriname and Jamaica in World Cup qualifiers.  I am now working on to be a regular in the senior team.  That is my next goal as a player.

In the 2017 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship, St. Kitts & Nevis will face Panama, the USA and Haiti.  What are your thoughts on that group?

I must say it is a tough group, but we are in this tournament for a reason.  We have a right to play in this tournament and we are there to win.  Caribbean teams have done well in this tournament, so why can’t’ we.  We have to take things one game at a time and ensure we do our best in all games.  From there, we see where we are and then we take it from there.

What is your objective in the 2017 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship?

My personal aim is to score goals, help my team to play well and to qualify for the FIFA U-20 World Cup.  St. Kitts & Nevis has never played in a FIFA tournament, so this is a grand opportunity for us.  One way to look at it is that we are five wins away.  It is easier said than done, but when you aim high, you shall get success.

What are your personal career goals?

There are two goals that I have in mind.  I would like to become a professional football player and play overseas.  Secondly, I would like to be known in St. Kitts & Nevis.  When people think of St. Kitts & Nevis, they think of sprinter Kim Collins and footballer Atiba Harris.  I would love to be added to this list and make my country proud.  These are my dreams.  It will take time, but I do believe everything will fall into place.

What is your advice to youngsters who want to play football professionally?

Keep working hard.  It takes a lot of hard work.  You have to make a lot of sacrifices in order to succeed.  Once you stay grounded and motivated, you will reap the rewards in life and football and succeed.  Watching more football also helps as well.  You can watch clips of players and see what little bits you can take from everyone and apply it to your game.  Finally, surround yourself with people who motivate you and care about you, including family and close friends.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 08, 2017, 12:16:02 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cGyGPTXWVx0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cGyGPTXWVx0</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TgMEhXSExsI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TgMEhXSExsI</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 08, 2017, 12:17:32 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nkppvUyUhl4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nkppvUyUhl4</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/D3FiWlLx6w0&amp;t=413s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/D3FiWlLx6w0&amp;t=413s</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #464 on: January 10, 2017, 05:45:48 AM »
Under 20 Men’s Team enter ten-day Training Camp.
TTFA Media.

A 26-man Trinidad and Tobago Under 20 Men’s Squad entered a residential training camp that will run for ten days at the Metro Hotel in Couva on Monday as they continue preparations for the CONCACAF Final Round of Under 20 qualification in Costa Rica next month.

Head Coach Brian Williams and his technical staff began proceedings with a double session at the Ato Boldon Stadium today and will utilise the upcoming days to work on various aspects of the team’s shape and readiness ahead of another overseas training camp in South America within the next few weeks.

“We started the training camp today and I am indeed happy that we’ve been able to come together for this period to start the year off but more importantly have the opportunity to continue the team bonding process and also pay closer attention to some specifics and evaluate the players before we come down to our final selection for the competition,” Williams told TTFA Media.

T&T faces Bermuda in its opening CONCACAF qualifier at the Ricardo Saprissa Stadium on February 19th, before taking on hosts Costa Rica at the National Stadium on February 22nd and El Salvador at the same venue on February 25th.

“We are nearing the competition dates which is why we targeted the early part of this month to come together and really get the boys focusing on the challenge ahead. So far I am pleased with the progress we’ve made but it will be important for us to get in a couple good training matches before we head into the tournament in Costa Rica.

“It is important for us to do well in this competition and hopefully qualify for a third under 20 World Cup because the experience and the exposure for the players is crucial for our football programme ahead, especially leading into the national senior team. We have been emphasising this to the players and I think they have it in their minds that this period coming up is one where they must make the necessary sacrifices and put their best foot forward for the country and for themselves,” Williams added.

The National Stadium and Estadio Ricardo Saprissa will both be used for the tournament, to be played in a new format consisting of a group stage, a classification phase, and the grand final.

Under the new format, designed to increase the number of meaningful, competitive matches, the top two teams from Groups A, B, and C will advance to the Classification Stage, where the Confederation’s four tickets to the World Cup at this level will be determined in round robin play among two groups of three teams each. The top two teams of each of the two Classification Stage groups will qualify as CONCACAF representatives to the FIFA U-20 World Cup Korea Republic 2017.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 11, 2017, 08:50:30 PM »
T&T U20s open camp, target World Cup return

COUVA, Trinidad & Tobago – In the FIFA U-20 World Cup’s 40-year history, Trinidad & Tobago has competed in the event twice: 1990 and 2009.

If they are to book a third trip, though, the Soca Warriors will need to finish either first or second in one of the two classification round groups at the 2017 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship, which will be played February 17-March 5 in Costa Rica.

In order to give his team the best opportunity to make that objective a reality, head coach Brian Williams opened Monday a 10-day training camp at Ato Boldon Stadium.

“We started the training camp today and I am indeed happy that we’ve been able to come together for this period to start the year off,” Williams told TTFA Media. “But, more importantly, have the opportunity to continue the team bonding process and also pay closer attention to some specifics and evaluate the players before we come down to our final selection for the competition.

“I am pleased with the progress we’ve made but it will be important for us to get in a couple good training matches before we head into the tournament in Costa Rica.”

T&T secured a berth for the CONCACAF event by finishing fourth in Caribbean qualifying last year. Over the course of first round and finals play, it posted an overall record of 3W-5D-1L, as Nicholas Dillon lead the way with eight goals.

Bermuda, which posted a 2-1 win over Trinidad in the Caribbean match for third place, will be T&T’s opening opponent at the CONCACAF event on February 19, with host Costa Rica (Feb. 22) and El Salvador (Feb. 25) to follow.

The trio will undoubtedly make for a difficult mountain to scale, but Williams is confident in his squad.

“It is important for us to do well in this competition and hopefully qualify for a third under 20 World Cup because the experience and the exposure for the players is crucial for our football program ahead, especially leading into the national senior team,” he finished. “We have been emphasizing this to the players and I think they have it in their minds that this period coming up is one where they must make the necessary sacrifices and put their best foot forward for the country and for themselves.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #466 on: January 18, 2017, 01:03:52 PM »
U-20 Team heading out on January 21st for a 26-day pre-tournament camp in Colombia.

Isaiah Hudson, Tyrel Emmanuel and Quinn Rodney, were deemed ineligible for selection due to prior infractions. However, Emmanuel and Rodney’s matter is currently before the TTFA for judgment.

Nicholas Dillon will also miss the trip as he is currently on trials in Belgium.

The final squad will be named on February 8th.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:08:28 PM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #467 on: January 18, 2017, 02:59:42 PM »
Williams to announce 26-man squad on Saturday.
TTFA Media.

National Under 20 Men’s Team head coach Brian Williams will announce a 26-man squad that will travel to Colombia later this month, on a date to be confirmed,  as preparations continue for the CONCACAF Final Round of Qualification for the 2017 FIFA Under 20 Men’s World Cup.

Williams completed a ten-day training camp with a training game versus San Juan Jabloteh on Wednesday morning.

“The training camp was pretty useful at this point in our preparations. We are still finalising the squad that will travel for the next leg of the preparations later this month and I will make that announcement on Saturday,” Williams told TTFA Media.

“We utilised the recent camp to work on some specific areas of our preparations. We had players in the camp who were allowed to also represent their Pro League clubs during the same period because we saw it as a way of helping with their fitness. And at the same time we continued monitoring the overseas-based players that are eligible to represent us in the final competition,” Williams added.

T&T faces Bermuda in its opening CONCACAF qualifier at the Ricardo Saprissa Stadium on February 19th, before taking on hosts Costa Rica at the National Stadium on February 22nd and El Salvador at the same venue on February 25th.

The National Stadium and Estadio Ricardo Saprissa will both be used for the tournament, to be played in a new format consisting of a group stage, a classification phase, and the grand final.

Under the new format, designed to increase the number of meaningful, competitive matches, the top two teams from Groups A, B, and C will advance to the Classification Stage, where the Confederation’s four tickets to the World Cup at this level will be determined in round robin play among two groups of three teams each.

The top two teams of each of the two Classification Stage groups will qualify as CONCACAF representatives to the FIFA U-20 World Cup Korea Republic 2017.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 21, 2017, 06:30:18 AM »

CONCACAF Under-20 Championship match officials chosen

MIAMI -- CONCACAF announced Thursday the names of those selected to officiate at the 2017 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship in Costa Rica.

A total of 28 referees (12) and assistant referees (16) from 15 different countries earned assignments to the competition, which qualifies four teams directly to the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup.

“We have appointed the top referees to officiate the CONCACAF Under-20 Championship, which is one of the oldest and most important competitions within our Confederation,” said CONCACAF Director of Refereeing Brian Hall.  “The tournament promises challenging and competitive games, providing a platform to display not only the best professional young players, but also the extraordinary talent of our referees.”

The names of match officials are below:

REFEREES (12)

Drew Fischer (CAN)

Henry Bejarano (CRC)

Oscar Reyna (GUA)

Armando Castro (HON)

Melvin Matamoros (HON)

Kevin Morrison (JAM)

Valdin Legister (JAM)

Erick Miranda (MEX)

Jafeth Perea (PAN)

Javier Santos (PUR)

Marlon Mejia (SLV)

Armando Villarreal (USA)

ASSISTANT REFEREES (16)

Philippe Briere (CAN)

Carlos Fernandez (CRC)

Leonardo Sanchez (CUB)

Raidel Toledo (CUB)

Hermenerito Leal (GUA)

Melvyn Cruz (HON)

Richard Washington (JAM)

Marcos Quintero (MEX)

Henry Pupiro (NCA)

Ronald Bruna (PAN)

Jairo Morales (PUR)

Graeme Browne (SKN)

Geovany Garcia (SLV)

Zachari Zeegelaar (SUR)

Joseph Bertrand (TRI)

Frank Anderson (USA)

The CONCACAF Under-20 Championship will be played February 17 – March 5, 2017, at the Estadio Nacional in San Jose and the Estadio Ricardo Saprissa Ayma in Tibas.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #469 on: January 21, 2017, 07:03:55 AM »
SOS for Levi! Williams wants AZ winger in U-20 squad but rules out Hudson, Quinn and Pappy.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

The Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Under-20 Team will head to Colombia on Saturday 21 January for a lengthy pre-tournament camp, as they prepare for the CONCACAF Under-20 Championships in Coast Rica next month.

And National Under-20 Team coach Brian Williams hopes to have Netherlands-based winger Levi Garcia in his line-up by the start of the CONCACAF tournament. Garcia, who has nine caps and two goals with the senior Soca Warriors team, plays professionally for AZ Alkmaar in the Eredivisie.

“We are still in the process of trying to get Levi,” Williams told Wired868. “We spoke to him and he has showed his interest. We are just trying to finalise with the club [now to see if they will make him available.

“The TTFA has been in discussions with his club through the General Secretary [Justin Latapy-George]. We have until February 8 to declare the final squad for the tournament. So we are hoping to get some information on his availability by February 8.”

Garcia, who represented Trinidad and Tobago at the 2015 CONCACAF Under-20 Championship, has been an infrequent player this season for AZ while his last league appearance came in November 2016 against Roda JC. However, AZ are not obligated to release the player for national youth duty.

Three players who are definitely out are W Connection attacker Isaiah Hudson and Shiva Boys Hindu College players Tyrel “Pappy” Emmanuel and Quinn Rodney, who were deemed ineligible for selection due to prior infractions.

Emmanuel and Rodney skipped an overseas training camp in Guyana last September for differing personal reasons, which were not accepted by the coach.

And Hudson, who represented both the National Under-17s and Under-20s in CFU action last year, pulled out of the team in the midst of the CFU final round in Curaçao in October due to a supposed shoulder injury. But Williams subsequently insisted Hudson was not injured.

The former Strike Squad defender said the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) is currently dealing with the three aforementioned players.

“Tyrel Emmanuel and Quinn Rodney’s withdrawal matter is currently before the TTFA,” said Williams. “They were not eligible for selection so they were not selected for this trip. [Hudson’s] withdrawal matter is also being dealt with by the TTFA and as coach I didn’t select him because he has some other things dealing with.”

However, Williams is confident that the pending inclusions of overseas-based players like Andrew Rullow, Morgan Bruce and Noah Powder will sufficiently strengthen his squad, as they prepare to tackle El Salvador, Bermuda and hosts Costa Rica next month.

Trinidad and Tobago finished fourth at the 2016 CFU tournament behind Haiti, Antigua and Barbuda and Bermuda. Williams suggested that Hudson’s actions as well as complacency denied the young Warriors a shot at contesting the final.

“After we qualified we kinda took our feet off the pedal and again the interference with Isaiah’s withdrawal affected the team,” said Williams. “That incident affected the team but our objective was to qualify. We are trying to ensure that those things don’t happen in the future.

“We are really looking at players who are ready to compete at the international level and who can bring that kinda vibe to the national team. We want players who are ready to represent Trinidad and Tobago.”

Williams declined the chance to name the 26 players supposedly in camp for the National Under-20 Team while, oddly, TTFA media officer Shaun Fuentes also said he did not receive the names and could not forward to the media.

The Under-20 coach did reveal that the overseas-based trio of Jared Dass, Taofik Lucas-Walker and goalkeeper Montell Joseph were members of his training squad while team skipper Jabari Mitchell rejoined his teammates on Saturday after going on trial in Mexico.

Central FC striker Nicholas Dillon is absent due to trials in Belgium but he remains a big part of Williams’ plans.

Williams said the National Under-20 live-in camp was flexible and allowed players time to represent their Pro League clubs. However, it is uncertain whether they were also allowed to train with their respective clubs and, if so, how may days training they actually put in with the national team.

“We have allowed the players to play with their Pro League clubs as we think it can help them maintain their fitness,” said Williams. “Playing at that level, we think it will be valuable for them to get some experience and exposure at the highest level [in Trinidad and Tobago]. So we think generally it has helped them.”

Up next is a three week camp in Colombia where Williams hopes to get at least seven friendly matches. The coach hopes Dass and utility player Andrew Rullow are cleared by their respective United States colleges to travel to South America with the national side.

The Under-20s will then head to Costa Rica for their opening group game against Bermuda on 19 February.

The Bermudians beat Trinidad and Tobago in the CFU third place playoff last October but Williams and his staff have been working behind the scenes to right those wrongs.

“[I think] the whole general commitment from all our players needs to be better, [especially] the fitness and concentration,” said Williams. “We have about 26 days in Colombia and we will want to do some work on those aspects and the general game understanding and the right attitude to compete.

“We played against Bermuda in the CFU [tournament]. We have a pretty good idea after seeing some footage of Costa Rica and El Salvador. It will be a challenge but we are aware of how they play and the stuff they like to do.”

The top four teams in the CONCACAF tournament will qualify for the 2017 FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Korea.

RELATED NEWS

Garcia likely to miss Concacaf U-20 qualifiers.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

European-based T&T international Levi Garcia is expected to miss out on representing the national Under-20 football team coached by Brian Williams at next month’s Concacaf Final Round of Under-20 qualification in Costa Rica next month.

In Costa Rica, T&T tackles Bermuda in its opening Concacaf qualifier at the Ricardo Saprissa Stadium on February 19, before taking on hosts Costa Rica at the National Stadium on February 22 and El Salvador at the same venue on February 25th.

Williams will name a 26-man squad today before going on 21-day training camp in Colombia later this week was hopeful of having 19-year-old Garcia who plies his trade with AZ Alkmaar in the Dutch Eredivisie in his final squad to be named by the end of the first week in February for the 12-team tournament.

However, according to a source close to the local football federation (T&TFA), Williams can expect to be without the speedy and nippy winger who made his senior team under former T&T senior men’s coach Stephen Hart during the Semifinal Round of the current 2018 Concacaf World Cup campaign away to St Vincent and The Grenadines last year (March 25) at Arnos Vale Ground.

It was a memorable debut for the then 18-year-old Garcia as he netted the decisive item in a come-from-behind 3-2 win.

So far this season, Garcia has featured in eight matches for AZ Alkmaar and has one goal to his credit, and it was hoped that his lack of game time would pave the way for his release.

But with the Concacaf competition not falling within a Fifa stipulated window to release players for national team duty, it is likely Williams will have to do without his key asset.

In much more positive news, Williams, a former national defender with the ‘Strike Squad’ team which narrowly missed out on a spot on the 1990 FIFA World Cup in Italy by one point has his eyes set on another European-based player in Denmark-born midfielder Mark Gangiah, who needs to do some document work in terms of acquiring his T&T passport.”

Other overseas-based expected to be in the mix and should be on the plane for the camp in Colombia are US-collegiate duo Jared Dass and Taofik Lucas-Walker, as well as goalkeeper Montell Joseph who were all part of the training squad along with national team captain, Jabari Mitchell, recently back from a trial stint in Mexico.

The team is expected to be loaded with overseas talent as Andrew Rullow, Morgan Bruce and Noah Powder are all in the fray as well, while Central FC striker Nicholas Dillon, who left last week for a trial with Belgian Second Division Club, K.Patro Maasmechelen, should be in the squad for Central America next month barring any injuries.

While at the camp in Colombia, Williams is expected to submit his final team to Concacaf.

Last week, the T&T coach conducted a ten-day live-in camp at the Metro Hotel in Couva with sessions at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva as the team continue preparations for the 12-team Concacaf qualifiers from which four countries will qualify to the 2017 FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Korea.

Under the new format, designed to increase the number of meaningful, competitive matches, the top two teams from Groups A, B, and C will advance to the Classification Stage, where the Confederation’s four tickets to the World Cup at this level will be determined in round robin play among two groups of three teams each.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:31:46 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 23, 2017, 03:31:32 PM »
WATCH: Men’s U-20 prepare for the 2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0y4TbiPgApU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0y4TbiPgApU</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 24, 2017, 11:57:14 AM »
SOS for Levi! Williams wants AZ winger in U-20 squad but rules out Hudson, Quinn and Pappy.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

The Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Under-20 Team will head to Colombia on Saturday 21 January for a lengthy pre-tournament camp, as they prepare for the CONCACAF Under-20 Championships in Coast Rica next month.

did the team leave already

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #472 on: January 24, 2017, 03:51:46 PM »
Under 20s off to Colombia for Training Camp.
TTFA Media.

Williams selects 26-man squad for Final leg of CONCACAF preparations

Trinidad and Tobago’s Men’s Under 20 Team head coach Brian Williams has finalised selection of a 26-man squad to enter a residential training camp in Cali, Colombia ahead of the CONCACAF Final Round of Under 20 World Cup qualification next month in Costa Rica.

The T&T squad will depart Piarco for Cali on Saturday for the camp during which time they are expected to play up to five training matches against local Professional clubs and possibly a  match against the Colombia National Under 20 team.

Williams spoke about the squad which will be trimmed to a 20-man final selection for the CONCACAF Finals next month, during the upcoming camp.

“These 26 players came from the previous ten-day training camp we had and also comprises players we had been monitoring earlier in the season,” Williams told TTFA Media.

“We believe this is the best 26-man squad at this time with the level of experience necessary to complete at the international level and in such a tournament as the CONCACAF championship.”

On the training camp, he added: “This leg of the preparations in Colombia is about getting the final chemistry in relation to the starting eleven and the final 20. Our main objective over the past few weeks was to get the team physically and mentally in the best shape possible and now we will focus on everything game related with emphasis on how we will want to play against the teams we are scheduled to face,” Williams stated.

“We have at least five games carded for Colombia including one against their Under 20 national team, a couple against full pro teams and another couple against Reserve teams which I think will serve us well during the camp and fall nicely into what are looking to achieve during this period,” Williams added.

The T&T team will play a final training match on home soil against St Ann’s Rangers at 6pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Thursday and will depart for Colombia on Saturday.

Tournament Overview

The top two teams of each of the two Classification Stage groups will qualify as CONCACAF representatives to the FIFA U-20 World Cup Korea Republic 2017.

T&T Squad for Colombia

• Denzil Smith,/Goalkeeper/W Connection
• Montel Joseph/Goalkeeper/Borehamwood FC
• Dejourn Charles/Goalkeeper/Carapichaima East
• Jadel Poon Lewis/Goalkeeper/Franklin, Pierce University
• Taryk Sampson/Defender/Ma Pau Stars
• Kori Cupid/Defender/Presentation College. San Fernando
• Kierron Mason/Defender/Marabella Crisis
• Isaiah Garcia/Defender/W Connection
• Simeon Bailey/Defender/Barataria South
• Coby McGregor/Defender/Cedar Star Academy
• Kyle Thomas/Defender/San Juan Jabloteh
• Noah Powder/Defender/(On trial at Paris St Germain
• Shane Sandy/Midfielder/Ma Pau Stars
• Jabari Mitchell/Midfielder/W Connection
• Marc Gangia/Midfielder/Odense BK
• Morgan Bruce De Rouche/Midfielder/unattached
• Micah Lansiquot/Midfielder/ St Ann’s Rangers
• Joshua Sitney/Midfielder/Malta Carib Alcons
• Justin Sadoo/Midfielder/Point Fortin Civic Centre
• Stephan Marcano/Midfielder/ Fatima College
• Jesse Joseph/Midfielder/San Juan Jabloteh
• Kathon St. Hillaire/Forward/St Ann’s Rangers
• Joshua Leach/Forward/Police FC
• Taofik Lucas Walker/Forward/DC United
• Rushawn Murphy/Forward/ St Ann’s Rangers
• Josh Toussaint/Forward/St Ann’s Rangers

Staff

• Brian Williams – Head Coach
• Dunstan Williams – Manager
• Kerry Jamerson – Assistant Coach
• Ross Russell – Goalkeeper Coach
• Michael Taylor – Physio
• Esmond O’Brien – Equipment Manager

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #473 on: January 25, 2017, 02:27:39 PM »
Sadoo, Leach named in T&T U-20 squad; Williams selects seven overseas-based players.
By Lisana Liburd (Wired868).

Naparima College playmaker Justin Sadoo, who was the Pro League Youth competition MVP, is closing in on his international debut for Trinidad and Tobago as he was included in the National Under-20 Team’s 26-man squad for a pre-tournament camp in Colombia.

National Under-20 Team coach Brian Williams named seven overseas-based players in his squad and will hope to include AZ Alkmaar winger Levi Garcia as well as Central FC forward Nicholas Dillon and San Juan Jabloteh left back Keston Julien, who are both on trial in Europe at present.

Garcia, Dillon and Julien miss the Colombia tour stint but can be included in time for the CONCACAF Under-20 Championships, which kicks off in Costa Rica on 15 February 2017.

Trinidad and Tobago are grouped with Bermuda, El Salvador and hosts Costa Rica and must finish among the top two nations to advance to a second qualifying group stage. The top four teams from the CONCACAF Championships advance to the South Korea 2017 FIFA Under-20 World Cup this May.

The national youth team leaves for Cali on Thursday where they are expected to play up to five training matches against Colombian professional teams and, hopefully, one friendly against the Colombia National Under-20 team.

Williams’ troops should have headed to South America on Saturday 21 January but the coach put the delay down to “unfinished arrangements” which, according to TTFA media officer Shaun Fuentes, meant necessary adjustments to their training camp schedule.

Williams, a former Strike Squad standout, said he is happy with the composition of his 26-man squad.

“These 26 players came from the previous ten-day training camp we had and also comprises players we had been monitoring earlier in the season,” Williams told the TTFA Media. “We believe this is the best 26-man squad at this time with the level of experience necessary to complete at the international level and in such a tournament as the CONCACAF championship.”

The seven current overseas-based players in the National Under-20 Team are: Montel Joseph, Jadel Poon Lewis, Coby McGregor, Noah Powder, Marc Gangia, Morgan Bruce De Rouche and Taofik Lucas Walker.

Poon-Lewis, a former QRC goalkeeper who attends Franklin Pierce University in the United States, is the only player from the seven who was born in Trinidad and Tobago.

Powder, a promising ex-New York Red Bulls II fullback, Bruce, a versatile England-based midfielder, and DC United attacker Taofik Lucas Walker represented the National Under-20 Team during the earlier qualifying rounds.

However, Cedar Stars Academy defender Coby McGregor and Odense BK midfielder Marc Gangia are both making their first stints in a Trinidad and Tobago national team.

“This leg of the preparations in Colombia is about getting the final chemistry in relation to the starting eleven and the final 20,” said Williams. “Our main objective over the past few weeks was to get the team physically and mentally in the best shape possible. And now we will focus on everything game related with emphasis on how we will want to play against the teams we are scheduled to face.

“We have at least five games carded for Colombia including one against their Under-20 national team, a couple against full pro teams and another couple against reserve teams which I think will serve us well during the camp and fall nicely into what are looking to achieve during this period.”

Garcia, who has nine National Senior Team caps with two goals, tops Williams’ wish list for the CONCACAF qualifying series although his availability is at the discretion of his Eredivisie employers.

Williams said National Under-20 Team team manager Dunstan Williams and TTFA general secretary Justin Latapy-George were in discussions with AZ for the gifted teenager who has not been a first team regular for his club this season.

Dillon, who was the National Under-20 Team’s leading scorer through the Caribbean qualifying rounds with eight goals, is on trial with Belgium Second Division club, K Patro Maasmechelen, at present while Julien is in Slovakia trying to secure a move.

“Keston and Nicholas are both on trials and will join the team in Costa Rica and we are still very hopeful of getting Levi to join us in time for the competition,” said Williams. “Noah Powder, Morgan Bruce and Jadel Poon-Lewis will join the squad in Colombia.”

The deadline for submission of squads for the CONCACAF competition is 8 February.

United States-based students Jarred Dass and Andrew Rullow, who were denied leave by their respective colleges to attend the Colombia tour, look to have missed out.

Dass, a gritty and industrious wide player, was a former National Under-17 player and played both Caribbean qualifying rounds with the Under-20 side. While the lanky Rullow, a former St Anthony’s College utility player, was used in central defence during the Caribbean Cup finals.

Former National Under-17 and St Benedict’s College utility player, Anthony Herbert also appears to have missed his chance due to, according to Williams, a combination of immigration issues and his US college’s reluctance to spare him for the tour.

At present, Herbert is attached to the New York Red Bulls’ academy.

The local-based players are headed by team captain Jabari Mitchell, who participated in the 2015 CONCACAF Under-20 Championships alongside Dillon and Garcia.

Shiva Boys Hindu College goalkeeper Denzil Smith, who is yet to concede during regulation time after four competitive games for Trinidad and Tobago, retains his place as well as defenders Taryk Sampson and Kori Cupid, midfielder Shane Sandy and wingers Micah Lansiquot and Kathon St Hillaire who participated in both qualifying rounds so far.

The new additions include versatile Police FC attacker Joshua Leach, St Augustine Secondary captain and ex-National Under-17 playmaker Jesse Joseph, Malta Carib Alcons midfielder Joshua Sitney and Naparima’s Sadoo.

Presentation College (San Fernando) captain Kareem “Enzo” Riley, who was an ever-present for the team at National Under-17 and Under-20 level, is a big omission, as he misses out through injury.

St Anthony’s College goalkeeper Jabari Brice, Shiva Boys utility player Yohannes Richardson and Canada-based defender Jacob Sooklal are the other players from the early rounds who will not go to Costa Rica.

W Connection attacker Isaiah Hudson, Shiva Boys midfielder and Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) 2016 MVP Tyrel “Pappy” Emmanuel and Shiva Boys winger Quinn Rodney were not considered for selection either due to different disciplinary issues.

(Trinidad and Tobago 26-man squad for Colombia tour)

Goalkeepers: Denzil Smith (Shiva Boys/W Connection), Montel Joseph (Boreham Wood FC—England), Dejourn Charles (Carapichaima East), Jadel Poon Lewis (Franklin Pierce University—US);

Defenders: Taryk Sampson (Ma Pau Stars), Kori Cupid (Presentation College, San F’do), Kierron Mason (Marabella Family Crisis Centre), Isaiah Garcia (W Connection), Simeon Bailey (Barataria South), Coby McGregor (Cedar Stars Academy—US), Kyle Thomas (San Juan North/San Juan Jabloteh), Noah Powder (Unattached—US);

Midfielders: Shane Sandy (Naparima/Ma Pau Stars), Jabari Mitchell (W Connection), Marc Gangia (Odense BK—Denmark), Morgan Bruce De Rouche (Unattached—England), Micah Lansiquot (St Ann’s Rangers), Joshua Sitney (Malta Carib Alcons), Justin Sadoo (Naparima/Point Fortin Civic), Stephan Marcano (Fatima College), Jesse Joseph (St Augustine Secondary/San Juan Jabloteh);

Attackers: Kathon St Hillaire (St Ann’s Rangers), Joshua Leach (Police FC), Taofik Lucas Walker (DC United—US), Rushawn Murphy (St Ann’s Rangers), Josh Toussaint (St Ann’s Rangers).

Staff: Brian Williams (Head Coach), Dunstan Williams (Manager), Kerry Jamerson (Assistant Coach), Ross Russell (Goalkeeper Coach), Michael Taylor (Physio), Esmond O’Brien (Equipment Manager).

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:33:10 AM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 25, 2017, 09:56:51 PM »
Keston Julien will miss the tour as he trialing in Slovakia.

Isaiah Hudson, Tyrel Emmanuel and Quinn Rodney out due to different disciplinary issues.

Williams being to harsh here that saga not over and done with .....

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 26, 2017, 12:16:58 AM »
Keston Julien will miss the tour as he trialing in Slovakia.

Isaiah Hudson, Tyrel Emmanuel and Quinn Rodney out due to different disciplinary issues.

Williams being to harsh here that saga not over and done with .....

Not sure about the disciplinary process for Emmanuel and Rodney with TTFA. However, excluding Hudson after the nonsense that happened in Curacao at CFU's is the correct move.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:57:29 AM by Tobago28 »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 28, 2017, 10:53:49 PM »
..it looks like a good group..the quality of players looks decent..Brian is trying his best but the level his team is playing is only good against West Indian opponents.He has to teach his team how to press, counter attack and most importantly how to penetrate with numbers in the attacking third.

The defending is not bad. The players seem committed to fight for the ball.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 31, 2017, 09:41:20 PM »
RAMOS NAMES 24-PLAYER CAMP ROSTER PRIOR TO 2017 WORLD CUP QUALIFYING

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2017/01/31/17/49/20170131-news-u20mnt-ramos-names-24-player-camp-roster-prior-to-2017-world-cup-qualifying

CHICAGO (Jan. 31, 2017) — U.S. Under-20 Men’s National Team head coach Tab Ramos has named 24 players to an 11-day training camp roster as the U.S. team enters its final stage of preparation for mid-February’s 2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship, which will send four teams to the 2017 FIFA U-20 Men’s World Cup in South Korea this May.

“Our objective for this camp is to continue our preparation for the U-20 World Cup qualifiers,” Ramos said. “After having a fitness camp followed by a camp with a combination of fitness and local games, now we are looking to get into game rhythm and select the final roster.”

The training camp will be held from Jan. 31-Feb. 10 in Orlando, Fla. Upon the conclusion of camp, Ramos will name the final roster of 20 players who will travel to San Jose, Costa Rica for the 2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship. That final roster will be selected from the entire U-20 player pool. The World Cup qualifying tournament is scheduled to run from Feb. 17-March 5, with the team’s first game taking place Feb. 18 at 4 p.m. EST against Panama.

This will be the U-20 Men’s National Team’s second camp of 2017 and first international match since December, when the U.S. traveled to face Costa Rica twice at the Tico’s national training center.

The birth years for players in this camp range from 1997 to 1999. The age cut-off for this U-20 player pool is players born on or after Jan. 1, 1997.

Development Academy Ties:

Of the 24 players called into this camp, 20 have spent time in the U.S. Soccer Development Academy.
Defender John Nelson carries the most amount of time spent in the Development Academy, registering seven seasons for Internationals SC since joining the Cleveland-based club for the 2010-2011 season.
Forward Jeremy Ebobisse was named U-15/16 Player of the Year during the 2013-2014 Development Academy season while playing for Bethesda-Olney.
Roster Notes:

Both born in 1999, midfielder Tyler Adams and goalkeeper Brady Scott are the youngest players on the roster.
Roster by position:
GOALKEEPERS (3): Jonathan Klinsmann (University of California; Newport Beach, Calif.), JT Marcinkowski (Georgetown; Alamo, Calif.), Brady Scott (De Anza Force; Petaluma, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (7): Hugo Arellano (LA Galaxy; Norwalk, Calif.), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake; Tucson, Ariz.), Aaron Herrera (New Mexico; Casa Grande, Ariz.), John Nelson (Internationals SC; Medina, Ohio), Erik Palmer-Brown (Sporting Kansas City; Lee's Summit, Mo.), Tommy Redding (Orlando City SC; Oviedo, Fla.), Auston Trusty (Philadelphia Union; Media, Pa.)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Danny Acosta (Real Salt Lake; Salt Lake City, Utah), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; Wappingers Falls, N.Y), Coy Craft (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas), Jonathan Gonzalez (CF Monterrey; Santa Rosa, Calif.), Jeremiah Gutjahr (Indiana University; Bloomington, Ind.), Sebastian Saucedo (Real Salt Lake; Park City, Utah), Jonathan Suarez (Queretaro F.C.; Orange County, Calif.), Eryk Williamson (Maryland; Alexandria, Va.)                                                                       

FORWARDS (6): Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers; Bethesda, Md.), Brooks Lennon (Liverpool F.C.; Paradise Valley, Ariz.), Jonathan Lewis (New York City FC; Plantation, Fla.), Victor Mansaray (Seattle Sounders FC; Des Moines, Wash.), Emmanuel Sabbi (UD Las Palmas; Libertyville, Ill.), Brandon Vazquez (Atlanta United FC; Chula Vista, Calif.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #478 on: February 03, 2017, 12:44:08 PM »
Under 20s settle at Cali training camp.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Men Under 20 footballers have settled down in Cali, Colombia as they engage in a residential training camp ahead of the CONCACAF Final Round of Under 20 World Cup qualification later this month.

T&T played their opening training match on Wednesday, losing 5-0 to Acol Futpro, a team comprising of several Colombian senior professional players currently either playing in the Reserve League or out of contract.

Head Coach Brian Williams described the exercise as rigorous but useful.

“We had our first game on Wednesday which turned out to be a rigorous but beneficial exercise. The opposition was a senior outfit with professional players and they put on a strong showing which is what we were hoping for. Our first half performance was decent and were trailing 1-0. I made several changes in the second half and we went on to concede four more goals, “ Williams told TTFA Media.

“But generally things have been good here. The conditions are suitable and we’ve had one and sometimes two sessions daily. We are putting in some extra work on the physical side this week. We have another three games to play before we head over to Costa Rica,” he added. “I will rotate the squad a bit before we get down to having a better idea of what our starting team will before the opening match against Bermuda in the tournament.”

T&T is scheduled to face Atletico FC on Saturday at 8am and will also play Colombian Pro team Orsomarso FC on Wednesday and Deportivo Cali the following Saturday.

CONCACAF Finals Overview

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 04, 2017, 08:57:34 AM »
Honduras edges Costa Rica in U-20 friendly thriller

COMAYAGUA, Honduras – Honduras rallied from a two-goal deficit to defeat visiting Costa Rica 3-2 in an under-20 friendly on Tuesday at the Estadio Carlos Miranda.

The sides are preparing for the upcoming CONCACAF Under-20 Championship, which Costa Rica will host from February 17-March 5, 2017.

Andy Reyes (0-1) and Pablo Arboine (0-2) struck in the first half for the visitor, but Honduras stormed back after the break with three unanswered goals through Darixon Vuelto (53’, 1-2, 53’), Carlos Pineda (75’, 2-2 on a free kick) and Rembrandt Flores (90’+3, 3-2)

The sides will meet again on Friday at the same venue.

STARTING XI

COSTA RICA: Mario Sequeira; Ian Smith, Juan Pablo Arguedas, Yostin Salinas, Esteban Espinoza, Roberto Cordoba, Jimmy Marin, Luis Hernandez, Andy Reyes, Suhander Zuñiga, Pablo Arboine.

HONDURAS: Javier Delgado; Kenneth Hernandez, Wesly Decas, Dilan Andrade, Jose Garcia, Erick Arias, Jorge Alvarez, Sendel Cruz, Douglas Martinez, Darixon Vuelto, Byron Rodrguez

1]; } ?>