March 28, 2024, 05:39:29 AM

Author Topic: Lee-Him's new year wish is to be a Soca Warrior.  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Lee-Him's new year wish is to be a Soca Warrior.
« on: January 07, 2016, 06:24:24 AM »
Lee-Him's new year wish is to be a Soca Warrior.
By Inshan Mohammed.

It's a new year and one of the wishes on former Appalachian State University standout Kristian Lee-Him's wishlist, is to play for Trinidad and Tobago, a wish he hopes will become a reality in the near future.

Lee-Him told the Soca Warriors Online (SWO) in a little chit-chat session yesterday: “I want to play for T&T one day and have always wanted to, even if I get the chance to train with them it would be wonderful. However, I know I have to continue to work hard and settle in with a club to improve my chances.”

“Here is a little insight about my ambition. In 2011- I was recruited to Appalachian State University (Division 1), after the 2nd game the team experienced a tragedy (our coach died) and the replacement had a very limited knowledge of the game, after the 2 year term, I transferred to University at Buffalo (Divison 1) which I graduated in May 2015 with a degree in Business Administration.”

“Graduating as a student athlete by successfully balancing sports with academics currently is my biggest achievement, of course I am aiming for a bigger achievement really soon.”

“Most of my development was with Sigma FC, it is a very European based academy in Mississauga with the coaches teaching and the squads playing the Dutch way, in-fact, coach Bobby Smyrniotis was a coach and scout for Ajax Amsterdam. Sigma FC was very instrumental in my NCAA recruiting process (preparation and selection of schools). Last summer I played L1O (semi pro division) with Durham United FC, this was a very good insight to the next level.”

The midfielder isn't short on talent and at a tender age won many titles including; the 2010 OSL U-21 League Champions. To name a few, he was a 2008 Ontario Summer Games bronze medallist with Ajax Soccer Club and was the Edinburgh International Tournament - Golden Boot winner in 2007.

He also got high marks in a recent 2015 Ontario League 1 season review from head coach of Durham United FC Sanford Carabin who said: “We picked up Kristian Lee-Him from Sigma FC. Once he got into the squad, he pretty much never left the rotation. Always worked 150% every practice and game, and brought a lot of quality to the attacking mid position. He is actually in Italy right now training ahead of the transfer window opening. Verona Stars is the team he's with. It's an academy that was set up in Italy for players between 18-24 and out of contract. He's looking to take the next step, added Carabin.”

Lee-Him stated: “Attacking midfield is my favourite position and where I excel at mostly. I like players that make runs and being mobile because it showcases one of my strengths, passing.”

“I can add to the attacking options and penetration of teams up the middle for any team I play for. I also enjoy shooting and it is one of the things that most teams do not do enough of, test the keeper, hence the reason I won Golden Boot medals in the past, the chance is there, you just have to take it when it comes.”

In 2010 Lee-Him trained with the Trinidad and Tobago national U-20 and U-23 teams, recently, he got in a few sessions with W Connection while on Christmas vacation in Trinidad last month.

“First off, I must say thank you for all your help and assistance in navigating the process for getting try-outs with the various national youth teams in the past Flex.”

“My management team (TSM which consists of coach Hannibal Najjar, Andy Salandy and Roget Bryan) arranged for me to attend a couple of sessions with W Connection over my recent Christmas vacation. It was very professional (preparation, execution of drills and attitude).”

“The staff is very knowledgeable, the drills were very similar to what I have experience before. The players are fast and move the ball very well, it was a good professional setting and I knew a few of the players from my previous training stints with the national U-20 and 23 teams, so I felt comfortable. Coach Earl Jean was happy with my performance and left the door open for future discussions in the current transfer window.”

The talented midfielder who carries many passports including an Italian one, spent some time in Europe training with a few teams and impressed enough that he could be heading there in the near future.

“I recently completed a 6 week training camps in Italy with Verona Stars in Genoa, included in that was a two week trial in Slovenia. My performance did generate some interest and I will be able to share some more information/news in the next few weeks.”

“Ambition wise, I think all players want to have a career in Europe because the leagues are pretty competitive. I am very realistic and now I have to build my resume so my goal is to start in a lower division/league, learn the profession and sharpen up on my skills and hopefully move on to bigger and better things.”

The Canadian-born is no stranger to Trinidad and Tobago, his dad (Derek) has kept the Trini-tradition in his blood alive and today Kristian can boost that he is proud to be an adopted Trini.

“I am Canadian, born in Toronto, currently living in Pickering. My dad is Trini and mom is Canadian/Italian. I grew up on a soccer pitch, every weekend in the summer going to my dad's games. What makes it nice is, 99% of our family friends are also Trinis so the Trinidad connection is very strong.”

“While soccer is my number one focus, hobby and love. Personality wise, I am very laid back and like to observe things and reason with myself. On the food front, of course doubles and curry chicken ranks as favourites, but truth be told anything a Trini cooks is my favourite, I just love the food, the culture and the people.”

“I have 2 clubs that I follow, the Arsenal and Barcelona, some of my favourite players played for these clubs. I also like Ozil, Ronaldo (Brazilian), Pogba, and of course Messi. I enjoy players who play in the middle, my all-time favourite has to be the Brazilian Ronaldo, he is flawless, I still enjoy watching him finish.”

“I do follow the Soca Warriors Online (socawarriors.net) and I must say it is very informative on the footballing front, I am very happy with the progress it has made over the years, and the forum is entertaining a well.”

“As for T&T, I felt the 2015 U-23 team could have done better in the PanAm/Olympic qualification games (because the squad has talent). The Senior side has been impressive, of course the 4-4 tie with Mexico in the Gold Cup shows T&T quality and that coach Stephen Hart is a proven leader and very knowledgeable. He's made Canada turned a corner from the route 1 soccer to a very watch-able brand when he was here.”

“Trinidad and Tobago always had talent and flair, but what I see now is motivation, hunger and drive. I like seeing Khaleem Hyland in the middle, Kenwyne Jones on-top and the very physical defender Daneil Cyrus especially. Currently, I like Kevin Molino, very electric, smart and makes some very penetrating runs, I will love to be on a pitch with him (I did have a few sessions with him during my U-23 training stint) and I like playing with players like that, of course Dwight Yorke has to be one of my T&T icons.”

Lee-Him further stated that: “Previously, you asked about my Trinidad connection, this is a driving force in my interest to represent Trinidad and Tobago. The support is interesting, if Canada played T&T in Toronto, we will have more Trinis than Canadians in the stadium rooting for the Soca Warriors (that is why all the games are in the West). In addition to the playing style, it is just the little bit of South America flair in the whole set up that makes it very desirable.”

“As you know, I am very persistent, so I will continue to work hard and hopefully make an impression for a call up in the near future, ended Lee-Him.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lee-Him's new year wish is to be a Soca Warrior.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 09:31:15 AM »
Kid seems to have his head on his shoulder.

Does anyone have a latest video of Lee-Him?

I hope he signs in Europe or for some club team soon, because at 23 you should be in your prime already.

Good luck kid.

The TTFA really need to host a annually camp in N.America to see some of our prospects.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 08:08:21 PM »
Saw him play when he was younger, good technique, but need composure.

Maybe he improve now.

Good luck to de youth, but get serious because 30 go reach yuh in a blink of an eye and yuh go be thinking about what yuh coulda been.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 12:55:26 PM »
Slovenian football club MNK Izola signs Lee-Him for the remainder of the season.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 07:37:52 AM »
Kristian Lee-Him ended the season in Slovenia (MNK Izola) as the 3rd highest scorer in the division. Yesterday he signed with German 5th Division Club Heeslinger SC.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 11:26:52 PM »
Kristian Lee-Him ended the season in Slovenia (MNK Izola) as the 3rd highest scorer in the division. Yesterday he signed with German 5th Division Club Heeslinger SC.

:o :o

Is that a step up??? for him?

What div did he play in Slovenia.

Oh well if he good someone will see him..

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 05:51:54 AM »
Kristian Lee-Him secured a transfer to a 2nd Div Swedish team. It will be official July 15th (when the window is open).

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 01:38:45 PM »
Lee-Him ready for new challenge.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Swedish 2nd Division team Fagersta Södra IK have snapped up 26-year-old Kristian Franklin Lee-Him for the remainder of the season as, the Canadian-born midfielder look set to make his official debut for the Club on Saturday, August 8th against FC Stockholm Internazionale at the Onsjövallen Stadium.

The Swedish 2nd Division league will end in October. After 2 matches, Fagersta Södra IK is currently in last place at number 14 and will be hoping that Kris will help strengthen their chance of moving up the table and out of the relegation zone. FSIK competes in Division 2 Norra Svealand.

All entirely, there are 84 clubs in Division 2, divided in six groups of 14 teams each representing a geographical area. During the course of a season (starting in April and ending in October) each club plays the others twice, once at their home stadium and once at that of their opponents, for a total of 26 games. At the end of each season the two lowest placed teams of each group are relegated to Division 3.

Kristian meanwhile, is also eligible to represent Trinidad and Tobago came from Bremer SV in Germany where he played for the last 2 seasons. Bremer SV, is a fifth tier Club that compete in the Bremen-Liga.

Kristian is a hard-working inner midfielder with good feet and a good understanding of the game.

According to the Club's official website: "Kris impressed the Fagersta Södra IK (FSIK) coaching staff during his test match both as a player and as a spectator so there was never any doubt that we wanted to have him on the team."

"He has trained with us for the last 4 weeks and today he was finally officially ready to play for FSIK, says sports director Patrik Salminen."

"We warmly welcome Kristian to Fagersta Södra IK!

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:38:39 PM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 11:40:31 AM »
The Dream: Kristian Lee-Him.
By Chris Dailey (opsmteam).

If there’s one thing you need to know about him, it’s that he’s taken an unusual path to becoming a professional soccer player.

Born in Canada, Lee Him has traveled all over Europe to pursue his dream, soccer.

We all had a moment where we fell in love with the game. Where we kick the ball and from that day on never stop kicking it, working harder than everyone else day in and day out.

It all starts with a dream.

For the young Canadian, he pursued the dream relentlessly. He did all the things you have to do to become a professional.

And guess what? The Dream Came To life.

Kristian Lee Him is the next featured athlete on OPSM’s new International Series, highlighting OPSM’s top talents playing abroad. All written by Chris Dailey, 14 years old and founder of The Sports Court, OPSM’s International Series is a ten-part series! Stay tuned for more articles!

Now, back on track…

Growing up in Canada, Lee-Him was always one step ahead of his peers.

Lee-Him played against older kids much of his childhood, playing an age group up until he was 14.

Once he was 14, Lee-Him’s career started to progress rapidly.

The starlet joined a local club that traveled all around the world, touring England and playing in tournaments such as the Dallas Cup. These experiences saw Kristian play at the highest level at a young age, getting him ready for what was yet to come.

After joining Sigma FC for the rest of his youth career, Lee-Him committed to play Division 1 soccer at Appalachian State, a school of around 19,00 students located in Boone, North Carolina.

After two years, Lee-Him transferred to Buffalo University where he also played for FC Buffalo, a local NPSL side.

The Canadian talked about his time with the college, stating, “I joined Appalachian State in North Carolina. I spent two years there and then I transferred to the University of Buffalo for my last two years. During my junior year summer during the summertime. I said to myself, ‘I am paying rent here so I might as well play,’ and a couple of my friends also played for FC Buffalo.”

However, after college is when Kristian Lee-Him carves his own path. Not following the rest. Following his dream.

“From a young age, I always wanted to play in Europe. And when I was growing up I was always watching football with my dad and my favorite team was Arsenal. I just loved the game over there. For some reason, I didn’t connect with American soccer too much. So I worked hard at getting a European passport to play in Europe easily. So I said ‘why not take the chance’ and just start going to Europe.” Lee-Him said.

So, the Canadian moved overseas to Slovenia and signed a contract with one of Slovenia’s’ most historic clubs, NK Izola.

In his first stint with a European club, Lee-Him excelled.

Physically, he competed. Technically, he competed. Mentally, he competed.

All three are vital to make any player great, and Kristian Lee-Him checked all three off.     

After two successful years in Slovenia, the 26-year-old went to Germany and signed with Heeslinger SC and then Bremer SV.

Germany, known for their highly technical play, was a great move for Kristian in order to progress his career and play against some of the best competition.             

While with Bremer, Lee-Him bagged three goals in and was a vital part of the German squad as per TransferMrkt.

Now, the OPSM player is in Sweden, living the dream as he is playing for Fagersta Sodra IK.

“With coronavirus, everything had shut down. But the Sweedish league was still up. I thought it would be the best idea to come to Sweden and play here,” Lee-Him said.

Although he hasn’t played since March, Kristian had a soccer field near his house in Germany that he would always visit in order to keep fit.

This proved vital in signing a contract as Sweden has a different schedule than much of Europe, and Lee-Him is currently in league play right now, getting valuable minutes as much of the soccer world is shut down due to COVID-19.

“It was difficult the first couple of weeks (playing full team 11v11 again) as we had training four days of the week and lots of rain. But the recovery is very important. Sleeping, nutrition. But the initial fitness I kept at the beginning of quarantine helped me a lot.” Lee-Him said about returning to play again.

Lee-Him also talked about the differences between NCAA college soccer and European soccer, stating, “Division 1 was much more about discipline and very physical. Very fast-paced. But I would say Europe is just more technical. The NCAA is more about athleticism while European soccer is very technical.”

Lee-Him also talked about connecting with OPSM, “I have a couple of friends who own FTF in Canada. OPSM and FTF have a connection and my friends put me in touch with them. It was kind of just a word of mouth thing. So I sent my CV to them and we got in contact.”

Lee-Him loves OPSM. Using words such as ‘amazing’, ‘very professional’ and

‘You can tell how much they care about their clients’ to describe his time with the Ottawa based agency.

Overall, Kristian Lee-Him is just a 26-year kid living the dream, and he sees football as a part of his future for many years to come.

To learn more about Kristian, visit the OPSM DataBase and check out his player profile!

This article was written by 14 year old, Chris Dailey. Founder othesportscourtblog.com

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2021, 03:09:52 PM »
Hope he can help. They get good licks last year.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 03:23:54 PM »
Sadly, given his enthusiasm, it doesn't look like he will get there at 26. I really hope Sweden reignites his career

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2022, 03:09:28 PM »
28-year-old midfielder Kristian Lee-Him joins Swedish fourth tier club IFK Eskilstuna from Nyköping's BIS.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2022, 06:16:33 PM »
Good Luck!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2024, 09:02:32 PM »
Lee-Him ready for 2024
ifkeskilstuna.com

The central midfielder, Kristian Lee-Him, 30, has extended his contract with IFK Eskilstuna beyond the 2024 season!

Kris is now entering his third season with the club and over the years he has become an important member of the team. Kris has mainly played in central midfield, but has also been used a lot in the center back position. In 2022, he was voted the club's Most Valuable Player of the season, and in 2023, Kris also got to play a couple of international matches for Trinidad and Tobago. The club is happy that Kris is continuing with us and we ook forward to seeing him in the 2024 season.

The coaches Kent Andersson & Jesper Strid say this about Kris:
- Kris is a very experienced physical player who now represents a national team.
He has good and important qualities to contribute to this year's IFK squad and we look forward to working with him during the year. 

We also asked Kris a couple of questions:

You are now entering your third season with IFK, how does it feel to have extended your stay at the club?
- It's a good feeling that I can call the club my home. Everyone around the club is very welcoming and supportive, which allows me to play at my best, knowing that they trust and believe in me. The fact that I am now continuing into a third season also means that we can continue to build a good chemistry with each other in the team. I think we have the formula to create a winning team.

Last season you got the chance to represent your father's country, Trinidad and Tobago, in a couple of international matches. Can you describe that feeling and that experience?
- It was a surreal experience to play for the Trinidad and Tobago national team. To represent my father's country means everything to me. Being able to play at the international level and being able to learn from the best coaches and players makes you improve yourself even more. Also getting to play against other professional players at that level from other countries is really an experience. It was truly a year to remember, getting to play in the Nations League and now getting the chance to qualify for Copa America.

What else do you think about this year's IFK team and the new management staff? Is there a player in the team that you think we should keep an eye on this year?
- It's really a big adjustment, but it will be a fresh start with the new coaches at the club. It's always a challenge to learn a new game philosophy, but it's a process that we players have to believe in and so far it's going very well. It's also fun to see a legend like Sebastian Larsson be a part of it, helping us with his experience. He is someone we can all learn from, especially our young players. 

One of the players in the team to keep an eye on is Albin Flodkvist, he is a talent who can take the next step if he continues to work hard. Also players like Carl Wärme and Salem Bakos have gained experience playing in Division 2 now for a couple of seasons and have every opportunity to take the next step as well.

What is your own goal for the season?
-My main goal for the season is to make sure to help the team in any way I can. I want to get the best out of my teammates and myself so that we improve on the field. The second is to compete, try to win every game in the league. We have always had a team to compete at  the top of the table, but when it comes to discipline and consistency, we have been lacking in recent seasons. Hopefully with some of the new players that we have brought in together with the management staff, we can continue to compete and be focused to get the best out of this season. 

We wish Kris all the best during the season!
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2024, 12:23:24 AM »
Very admirable. I know that place cold like rass. I once played south of there many moons ago, lovely ppl, freezing cold and it was October. Keep up the good work and enjoy the memorable experience.

1]; } ?>