April 23, 2024, 07:28:01 AM

Author Topic: Favorite TV shows  (Read 10252 times)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite TV shows
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 11:27:19 AM »
Anyone have Magnum PI?
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2014, 06:15:28 AM »
Top Gear - The best motoring show on tv! I download the episodes as they show in the UK...

Ah see nuff people talking about Top Gear... what dat about (yeah, ah know... motor cars).

more than just moto cyar...they test the best and fastest as well as the slowest
as a twist the hosts do really off the wall stuff, like launching a minivan into space...having their senior age mothers  test cars etc etc

The entire thing is done with great brit humor
This is a classic sample
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrk6vsb77xk

Trending now ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27249038

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2014, 02:14:12 PM »
I just found a torrent for all five seasons of Quantum Leap.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2014, 07:42:11 PM »
Was trying to find this thread...

'Top Gear' host Jeremy Clarkson begs forgiveness amid n-word uproar
By Laura Smith-Spark, CNN

updated 10:45 AM EDT, Sun May 4, 2014

(CNN) -- BBC TV presenter Jeremy Clarkson has asked forgiveness for using a racist term during a taping of his show "Top Gear," after Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper brought a media storm by posting the footage online.
Clarkson mumbled the n-word while reciting the children's nursery rhyme "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" to choose between two cars. That version of the take was never aired.

Clarkson posted an online explanation Thursday in which he said he was "begging for forgiveness" -- and argued that he had done everything he could to avoid using the word.

"Ordinarily, I don't respond to newspaper allegations, but on this occasion, I feel I must make an exception," he said.
 Expert on Clarkson: BBC not doing enough

Clarkson said that in filming the section a couple of years ago, he was very keen to avoid using the offensive term in a version of the nursery rhyme and mumbled it on two takes before replacing it with the word "teacher" on a third.
"When I viewed this footage several weeks later, I realized that in one of the versions, if I listened very carefully with the sound turned right up, that I had actually used the word I was trying to obscure," he said.

"I was mortified by this, horrified. It's a word I loathe, and I did everything in my power to make sure that that version did not appear in the program."

This included contacting the production office to ensure that another take was used in the show, he said.
Clarkson initially denied the report by the Mirror, tweeting, "I did not use the n word. Never use it. The Mirror has gone way too far this time."

But after the newspaper posted the footage in question online and amid calls from some quarters for his resignation, the presenter was forced to backtrack. He posted his video message less than 12 hours after his initial denial.

A BBC statement said, "Jeremy Clarkson has set out the background to this regrettable episode. We have made it absolutely clear to him, the standards the BBC expects on air and off. We have left him in no doubt about how seriously we view this."
"Top Gear" airs in a number of countries worldwide, including the United States.

CNN's Phillip Taylor and Alexander Felton contributed to this report.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2014, 09:43:58 PM »
I can only take these overblown media things seriously when Black folks particularly those in America completely stop referring to each other as niggas.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2014, 10:48:47 PM »
I can only take these overblown media things seriously when Black folks particularly those in America completely stop referring to each other as niggas.

Your comment is beyond idiotic.  Not all black people use the n-word, but according to you until ALL "Black folks particularly those in America" stop using it, then when other people use it any resulting controversy is "overblown."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 12:42:56 AM »

Your comment is beyond idiotic.  Not all black people use the n-word, but according to you until ALL "Black folks particularly those in America" stop using it, then when other people use it any resulting controversy is "overblown."

Did Socapro edit his post? I see no reference to the word "all" ... not even by implication.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 01:35:29 AM »
Jeremy Clarkson row: lawyers to write to Barack Obama over 'racist' Top Gear

Lawyers are to write to Barack Obama and the ambassadors of every country in which Top Gear airs asking them if the BBC motoring series should continue to be broadcast, following Jeremy Clarkson's mumbled use of the N-word.

Lawrence Davies, director of law firm Equal Justice, branded Top Gear as "racist" and told MediaGuardian his firm did not accept the apology Clarkson has made.

He also asked who had approved the scene when Clarkson is shown choosing between two cars by reciting the words to the nursery rhyme "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" and apparently mumbling the N-word.

Davies said: "We are to write to every ambassador and the US president next week asking them to consider the evidence and then to decide if this racist show should be broadcast in their country in future."

Top Gear is broadcast in around 214 territories around the world.

Davies also asked whether or not the scene was scripted and the use of the mumbling approved in advance.

However, MediaGuardian understands that the rhyme "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" was not scripted.

Equal Justice represented Indian-born actress Somi Guha when she complained to the BBC about Top Gear earlier this year over Clarkson using the word "slope" as a Thai man crossed a bridge in an episode set in Burma.

Top Gear producer Andy Wilman said at the time: "When we used the word "slope" in the recent Top Gear Burma special it was a light-hearted wordplay joke referencing both the build quality of the bridge and the local Asian man who was crossing it.

"We were not aware at the time, and it has subsequently been brought to our attention, that the word 'slope' is considered by some to be offensive and although it might not be widely recognised in the UK, we appreciate that it can be considered offensive to some here and overseas, for example in Australia and the USA.

He added: "If we had known that at the time we would not have broadcast the word in this context and regret any offence caused."

Davies' firm also represented Iris de la Torre, who complained about an episode of Top Gear in 2011 which compared cars to Mexican stereotypes and for which the BBC subsequently apologised. That episode was made just before the controversial "eeny, meeny, miny, mo" footage, which was not broadcast at the time but was leaked to the Daily Mirror earlier this week.

Davies said: "Clarkson claimed he 'did everything in my power to make sure that that version did not appear in the programme that was transmitted' … The obvious thing that any non-racist would have done is to not use the rhyme at all or failing that to simply substitute another word such as 'tiger' in the take. There was never any need to mumble the N-word repeatedly."

He also attacked education secretary Michael Gove for defending Clarkson on ITV's Good Morning Britain.

"Michael Gove, a close ally of Clarkson's friend, the PM, rallied to Clarkson's defence today. We worked with him on the Baby P whistleblower case so we know him well. That the person responsible for our children's education should condone an apologetic racist before the actual investigation has begun (let alone concluded) is an absolute disgrace," he said.

"The BBC has lost all credibility. Even Ukip would have sacked Clarkson and his team for their gross misconduct. The BBC will not because they are making money out of the show."

The BBC is still deciding what action to take and has yet to confirm if Clarkson will take part in the next series of Top Gear, which is due to begin filming soon.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/may/02/jeremy-clarkson-row-barack-obama-top-gear-n-word

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 09:49:16 AM »

Did Socapro edit his post? I see no reference to the word "all" ... not even by implication.

Don't worry, Bakes regularly suffers from reading comprehension difficulties and as a result I don't take most of his idiotic and mentally retarded arguments seriously.  8)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:53:50 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2014, 10:18:25 AM »
Jeremy Clarkson row: lawyers to write to Barack Obama over 'racist' Top Gear

Lawyers are to write to Barack Obama and the ambassadors of every country in which Top Gear airs asking them if the BBC motoring series should continue to be broadcast, following Jeremy Clarkson's mumbled use of the N-word.

Lawrence Davies, director of law firm Equal Justice, branded Top Gear as "racist" and told MediaGuardian his firm did not accept the apology Clarkson has made.

He also asked who had approved the scene when Clarkson is shown choosing between two cars by reciting the words to the nursery rhyme "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" and apparently mumbling the N-word.

Davies said: "We are to write to every ambassador and the US president next week asking them to consider the evidence and then to decide if this racist show should be broadcast in their country in future."

Top Gear is broadcast in around 214 territories around the world.

Davies also asked whether or not the scene was scripted and the use of the mumbling approved in advance.

However, MediaGuardian understands that the rhyme "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" was not scripted.

Equal Justice represented Indian-born actress Somi Guha when she complained to the BBC about Top Gear earlier this year over Clarkson using the word "slope" as a Thai man crossed a bridge in an episode set in Burma.

Top Gear producer Andy Wilman said at the time: "When we used the word "slope" in the recent Top Gear Burma special it was a light-hearted wordplay joke referencing both the build quality of the bridge and the local Asian man who was crossing it.

"We were not aware at the time, and it has subsequently been brought to our attention, that the word 'slope' is considered by some to be offensive and although it might not be widely recognised in the UK, we appreciate that it can be considered offensive to some here and overseas, for example in Australia and the USA.

He added: "If we had known that at the time we would not have broadcast the word in this context and regret any offence caused."

Davies' firm also represented Iris de la Torre, who complained about an episode of Top Gear in 2011 which compared cars to Mexican stereotypes and for which the BBC subsequently apologised. That episode was made just before the controversial "eeny, meeny, miny, mo" footage, which was not broadcast at the time but was leaked to the Daily Mirror earlier this week.

Davies said: "Clarkson claimed he 'did everything in my power to make sure that that version did not appear in the programme that was transmitted' … The obvious thing that any non-racist would have done is to not use the rhyme at all or failing that to simply substitute another word such as 'tiger' in the take. There was never any need to mumble the N-word repeatedly."

He also attacked education secretary Michael Gove for defending Clarkson on ITV's Good Morning Britain.

"Michael Gove, a close ally of Clarkson's friend, the PM, rallied to Clarkson's defence today. We worked with him on the Baby P whistleblower case so we know him well. That the person responsible for our children's education should condone an apologetic racist before the actual investigation has begun (let alone concluded) is an absolute disgrace," he said.

"The BBC has lost all credibility. Even Ukip would have sacked Clarkson and his team for their gross misconduct. The BBC will not because they are making money out of the show."

The BBC is still deciding what action to take and has yet to confirm if Clarkson will take part in the next series of Top Gear, which is due to begin filming soon.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/may/02/jeremy-clarkson-row-barack-obama-top-gear-n-word

This is being overblown!! Jeremy Clarkson should keep his job as he has apologized and explained what happened and how it happened.

As I said they need to start concentrating on protesting and stopping Black on Black crime and killings in cities around America which is way more serious and is proof that many Black folks in these cities are racists against their own people.

Unless we are saying that a Black life is only of value when it is taken on the odd occasion by a White person but is of no value when taken on a regular basis by a fellow Black person.
We need to stop this hypocrisy as Black people. Yes protest the White on Black murders with energy when they happen but please don't go quiet and not make a similar outrage about the much more regular Black on Black murders.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:32:52 AM by Socapro »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2014, 11:17:20 AM »

It is plainly there by implication... until black people ("particularly those in America") stop using the word then he won't take this issue seriously.  Except there are MANY black people who either don't use the word (and never have) or have already stopped using the word.  So who is he waiting on before he starts taking "these overblown media things seriously"?  Who are the black people he talking about, the same ones who continue to use it?  So until their numbers dwindle out he'll continue to ignore the usage by people of other races?  Again I ask, who is he waiting on... if not "ALL"?  Tricky thing, that reading comprehension.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2014, 11:21:32 AM »

This is being overblown!! Jeremy Clarkson should keep his job as he has apologized and explained what happened and how it happened.

As I said they need to start concentrating on protesting and stopping Black on Black crime and killings in cities around America which is way more serious and is proof that many Black folks in these cities are racists against their own people.

Unless we are saying that a Black life is only of value when it is taken on the odd occasion by a White person but is of no value when taken on a regular basis by a fellow Black person.
We need to stop this hypocrisy as Black people. Yes protest the White on Black murders with energy when they happen but please don't go quiet and not make a similar outrage about the much more regular Black on Black murders.

You are ignorant people aren't calling for his job because of this by itself... he has a long history of making racially offensive comments, this is but the latest installment.  Further, there are people protesting and working to stop black on black murders everyday... you don't read about them so you make the foolish assumption that such "protest" isn't happening.  This won't be the last time I tell you to educate yourself.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:54:21 AM by Bakes »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2014, 11:46:16 AM »

It is plainly there by implication... until black people ("particularly those in America") stop using the word then he won't take this issue seriously.  Except there are MANY black people who either don't use the word (and never have) or have already stopped using the word.  So who is he waiting on before he starts taking "these overblown media things seriously"?  Who are the black people he talking about, the same ones who continue to use it?  So until their numbers dwindle out he'll continue to ignore the usage by people of other races?  Again I ask, who is he waiting on... if not "ALL"?  Tricky thing, that reading comprehension.

It is evident that a more intelligent person like asylumseeker easily understood exactly what I said and meant. All I can do is take pity on your embarrassing shortage in reading comprehension skills. For a supposedly big intelligent man it is disappointing that your reading comprehension skills are so limited but it is what it is.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:49:39 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2014, 11:59:22 AM »

You are an ignorant, illiterate jackass of the highest order.  People aren't calling for his job because of this by itself... he has a long history of making racially offensive comments, this is but the latest installment.  Further, there are people protesting and working to stop black on black murders everyday... you don't read about them so you make the foolish assumption that such "protest" isn't happening.  This won't be the last time I tell you to educate yourself.

More emotional hot air that once again exposes your lack of reading comprehension skills.

Again until I start seeing the same outrage by Black folks in general about Black on Black crime and killings in cities around America with regular marches etc in the news to stop it then I will not take these outcries as anything other than Black folks generally trying to play victim at every opportunity.

You can call me an ignorant, illiterate jackass of the highest order all you want, it does not change the reality of a lot of Black folks hypocrisy in not being as outraged about many of us calling each other niggas on a daily basis and not expressing just as much outrage regards the daily Black on Black killings in cities across America.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:44:12 PM by Socapro »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »
More emotional hot air that once again exposes your lack of reading comprehension skills.

Again until I start seeing the same outrage by Black folks in general about Black on Black crime and killings in cities around America with regularly marches etc in the news to stop it then I will not take these outcries as anything other than Black folks generally trying to play victim at every opportunity.

You can call me an ignorant, illiterate jackass of the highest order all you want, it does not change the reality of a lot of Black folks hypocrisy in not being as outraged about many of us calling each other niggas on a daily basis and not expressing just as much outrage regards the daily Black on Black killings in cities across America.

What did I fail to "comprehend"?  Your head so far up America's ass that yuh fail to appreciate that this incident happen right there in England.  The black people who brought Tottenham and other cities to their knees a couple years ago, protesting racism, that don't count for shit because black people in America (according to you) not protesting enough.  Well good fuh you, Jeremy Clarkson could continue calling yuh nigger, but you cyah vex because "black people in America" not protesting enough.  Jackass reasoning at its finest.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2014, 05:07:32 PM »

Again until I start seeing the same outrage by Black folks in general about Black on Black crime and killings in cities around America with regularly marches etc in the news to stop it then I will not take these outcries as anything other than Black folks generally trying to play victim at every opportunity.

What did I fail to "comprehend"?  Your head so far up America's ass that yuh fail to appreciate that this incident happen right there in England.  The black people who brought Tottenham and other cities to their knees a couple years ago, protesting racism, that don't count for shit because black people in America (according to you) not protesting enough.  Well good fuh you, Jeremy Clarkson could continue calling yuh nigger, but you cyah vex because "black people in America" not protesting enough.  Jackass reasoning at its finest.

Are you really as dotish as you are trying to depict you are? When did I say anywhere on here that I believe that the incident took black in America? You must really stop listening to those strange illogical voices in your head, seriously, as you are starting to remind me of someone with mental issues.

And btw Jeremy Clarkson accidentally using the word nigga publicly does not bother me in the least as I know he is not talking about me because I am no one's nigga. White folks using that term to refer to folks they view as niggas should only bother real niggas with the classic victim/slave mentality.
As I said before when Black Americans completely stop using the term nigga to describe each other then I will focus on the odd white person who is brave enough to publicly use the term.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:47:57 PM by Socapro »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2016, 12:52:16 PM »
Romany Malco getting good screen time on Amazon Prime's Mad Dogs.
Also they played Bunji in the club scene in the first episode.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »
Is that when he said einy meny miny mo lol , jeremy is trouble oui.

1]; } ?>