March 28, 2024, 05:11:05 AM

Author Topic: The first thing T&T players ask for is money.  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The first thing T&T players ask for is money.
« on: January 10, 2016, 03:11:50 PM »
This is the problem Jack had with them.

The first thing T&T players ask for is money, without even kicking a ball, they want they money.

Okay, fine, give them they money, but bring the results or the desire to play for your country. This is not a welfare case and you guys are not Messi.

Jack Warner lost millions on these ungrateful players with nothing coming back for years.

Now they can't beat teams like Jamaica and Haiti and they played with no heart and desire but they want their money. Just like the 2006 Warriors, who can't score a goal in the world cup, but what they money.

Do you feel they should get paid for that game against Haiti?

I am sure the federation spent hundred of thousands of dollars to send these players to Panama including all cost and lost that entire investment without not even a fight.

They have no money coming in and they lost everything while these players pay still coming as they go back to their clubs. These players calling the public to support them, why?

You see the sad face Hyland and company put on in the video and they were the biggest let down.

Jan Michael Williams is the first man who lead the team to strike and did you see the mess he made? He should not take pay.

These guys drink they belly full of run for the holidays, you think they were studying the Copa America? They thought they would beat Haiti and go with they eyes close.

From the first 20 minutes, T&T looked flat, like they were about to fall down tired.

And Hart should have seen this in practice. But I realise he like a certain few.

Then you go out there to defend against Haiti, the approach was insure in the first place, maybe Hart knew his players was not fit?

John Williams should have sent W Connection to play this game.

This is a player responsibility, not the coach or the TTFF, they have to keep themselves ready and fit.

Look at the players Hart picked. He start 6 unfit players to start.

Players like George, Peltier and Cyrus don't even play for their clubs, that's the reason they all got let go.

Glenn has not played a game in over a month.

Abu Bakr, Bateau and Mitchell on christmas vacation. I can tell you because I saw them.

Jones and Cato MLS season over a long time now.

Nothing wrong with picking players who not regular providing you can offer them a few games to get them fit before you go out there to play important games.

Jack would have made sure this team play a friendly or two even it it was against a pro league 11. David John Williams prefer squeeze and save the extra buck.

Guys, this is what I have been saying about T&T football, the first thing they asked is how much they getting paid or they going on strike, in Brazil, the players would pay the federation to pick them, even if it was their last dollar, because they know they will benefit greatly for playing for their country even if it was for free.

T&T did so well in the Gold Cup and players benefited, imagine a good performance in the Copa America what it could have bring.

You cannot beat Haiti, how you expect the team to compete against the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Uruguay, etc?

They did themselves and the coach and the country a big favour, trust me when I tell you.

If I was the coach, I would look outside to recruit a few players and the TTFF should make sure.

The senior players on the T&T side is spoilt and will only make the new ones get the same attitude.

I don't know Hart personally, but after this, if it doesn't wake him up, St Vincent might.

So call Jack bad, but now you guys are seeing for yourself.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 03:17:08 PM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The first thing T&T players ask for is money.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 03:20:46 PM »
Breds, You and I are as disappointed in the players performance. They just were not good enough the other night. But if your namesake had paid them the money, all this crap would not be happening. He had the money to pay them. Had he given these guys 100 thousand to 150 thousand each, they may have grumbled, but at least he would have fulfilled his promise to them. Remember they were the ones on the field, not him. He allowed this thing to fester and then walk away leaving the TTFA in a hole.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 03:23:34 PM by Deeks »

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 03:32:20 PM »
Breds, You and I are as disappointed in the players performance. They just were not good enough the other night. But if your namesake had paid them the money, all this crap would not be happening. He had the money to pay them. Had he given these guys 100 thousand to 150 thousand each, they may have grumbled, but at least he would have fulfilled his promise to them. Remember they were the ones on the field, not him. He allowed this thing to fester and then walk away leaving the TTFA in a hole.

Are you in dreamland?

None of these players that played against Haiti were part of the 2006 Warriors.

Find someone else to blame.

The players have no heart, they are only concerned about money, a problem we always suffer from.

You have to give your all 100% of the times.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 03:36:27 PM »
What did Jack care about.... :devil:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 04:55:18 PM »

Are you in dreamland?

None of these players that played against Haiti were part of the 2006 Warriors.

Find someone else to blame.

The players have no heart, they are only concerned about money, a problem we always suffer from.

You have to give your all 100% of the times.

Okay, I am wrong on this. this was the money owed to them for GC, etc. I am in their corner. They should be paid. RTK, DJW all advertised their ability to right the TTFA ship. if they can't do it, step down and let people with the ability do the job. The players have all right to demand payment.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 10:13:50 PM »
You are spot on. It's not all of the players but at least some. In the last week a young player playing TT Pro League declined an offer in Costa Rica first division. That's a league that according to the below ranks above Uruguay league and even MLS. Matter of fact it does send more players to the bigger leagues in Europe, compared to MLS. Why did he decline? Because the salary wasnt high enough, completely disregarding the type of exposure he could gain in Costa Rica to land a contract in Europe. What options does this player have currently on the table? VIETNAM which of course pays higher salaries...

http://iffhs.de/the-worlds-strongest-national-league-2014/

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 09:07:14 AM »
Definitely agree with some of what is being said here about the players not playing with heart and dedication.

I saw a few of them already on facebook acting like this didn't really affect them.

I am sad because this still hurts me.

We was about to come out of a big hole and just fell in further.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 11:05:44 AM »
Reportedly over $1million USD will be missed out on as a result of this loss.  But the players get their Gold Cup checks though... that most important.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 11:19:40 AM »
Reportedly over $1million USD will be missed out on as a result of this loss.  But the players get their Gold Cup checks though... that most important.
In addition to attracting new sponsors to the federation, the opportunity for the players to showcase their talents in a grand tournament that can open doors to new contracts, at the very least we will get 3 quality games that will help us achieve our ultimate goal of WC 2018.....this loss was so much more than the actual game.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 01:47:16 PM »
I have to agree with Jack Horner about our attitude,and about constantly bringing money matters above all else.All thes players are being paid by their clubs and are not hungry,we won't even talk about how much was spent on their time in Panama,yet they never looked like they wanted to play.Long before the match I felt an all local team would have been a better choice,all these TT players are showing off like Primadonnas,and ore a lot of "paper tigers".I hope they can win their next WCQ,if they don't,I won't bother to ever lose sleep over them.They always let down the nation,supporters at home must be bloody fed up.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 03:46:17 PM »
I have to agree with Jack Horner about our attitude,and about constantly bringing money matters above all else.All thes players are being paid by their clubs and are not hungry,we won't even talk about how

frico, while you, horner and others are correct about them bringing up money issues, the fact remains that money is a legitimate problem between the team and TTFA. This has been going on since the 70s. What makes you think the Haitians would not complain about moneys owed to them. Playing for free is no longer an option as long ago. And if that is a real problem with TTFA, then maybe they should  use players who will play for less. Our chances will be next to nothing in that case. TTFA really have their work cut out for them. It will be more difficult in this recession.

On the other hand, some or most of the criticisms of the players on-field performances are legit. How can these guys, who a couple weeks ago gave the US a run for their money, played Haiti without the same passion. These guys appear not to know what they have missed out on. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:49:26 PM by Deeks »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 04:11:01 PM »
But Deeks, didn't de Haitian federation sent all de money they had to we women team de other day and they women team was not paid for months.

I eh saying players shouldn't get paid, but if allyuh getting allyuh money, play de dam game.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 04:25:21 PM »
But Deeks, didn't de Haitian federation sent all de money they had to we women team de other day and they women team was not paid for months.

I eh saying players shouldn't get paid, but if allyuh getting allyuh money, play de dam game.

didn't de Haitian federation sent all de money they had to we women team de other day

I don't know about all their money. But the Haitians appear not have money issues like we do. Maybe Haitian businesses in Miami, NY, Montreal and France helping out. Despite the poverty and disagreements, the Haitians always find a way to put their national team first.

Your criticism of the performance the other night  is legit.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 04:29:13 PM by Deeks »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 04:41:05 PM »

didn't de Haitian federation sent all de money they had to we women team de other day

I don't know about all their money. But the Haitians appear not have money issues like we do. Maybe Haitian businesses in Miami, NY, Montreal and France helping out. Despite the poverty and disagreements, the Haitians always find a way to put their national team first.

Your criticism of the performance the other night  is legit.

Haiti pledges money to Trinidad and Tobago soccer.
AP

Upon getting word that the Trinidad and Tobago women's soccer team might not even have enough money for lunch, Haiti's team took a look at its fundraising for World Cup qualifying — an account totaling a little over $1,300 — and decided to turn it over to the competition.

That left Haiti with an uncertain future of its own. Until the Clintons got involved.

Both squads are training for next week's CONCACAF championship, which serves as qualifying for the Women's World Cup next year in Canada. Haiti opens the eight-team tournament on Wednesday against Guatemala in Kansas, while Trinidad and Tobago faces the top-ranked U.S. team.

On Wednesday, Trinidad and Tobago's coach, Randy Waldrum, issued an urgent plea on Twitter.

"I need HELP! T&T sent a team here last night with $500 total. No equipment such as balls, no transportation from airport to hotel, nothing," the post read.

Waldrum said Thursday that his players got breakfast at their hotel in Dallas, where they are training, but he didn't know where lunch was going to come from. So he got dramatic.

"I thought, 'I've got an hour to find meals, to get us through the day, let alone the next five or six days,'" he said. "The only way I knew to do it was to send the tweet out, and I knew I couldn't say, 'Hey, T&T is in need of money, will you help donate?"

His posts went viral quickly. The website KeeperNotes.com reached out to Waldrum and by Wednesday night had collected just over $9,300 for the team via a PayPal account. Jen Cooper, who runs KeeperNotes, said because of the overwhelming response the site had to stop taking donations because of tax implications.

Haiti's team also heard Waldrum's plea from its training camp in South Bend, Indiana. The team had been running on donations and money raised from T-shirt sales and other fundraising. It had $1,316 in its account.

The Haiti team, which has had its own financial struggles, decided to give it all to Trinidad and Tobago.

"My players saw on social media the difficulties faced by T&T players and approached me about what can we do to help. I was stunned," Haiti coach Shek Borkowski said in announcing the donation on the team's Facebook page. "They were very animated about helping so I will do as they asked."

That's when Borkowski heard bombshell news: Haiti's soccer federation received a call from the Clinton Foundation, the charitable organization run by former President Bill Clinton and his family, saying it wanted to support the women's program.

Borkowski said he's been told to come up with a list of immediate needs for the team and a long-term budget. He hasn't been given a specific dollar figure.

They told us they're ready to step up not just one time, but long term support for women's soccer in Haiti," Borkowski said in an interview Thursday. "That's exciting information for us. We've been doing whatever we can to get by."

Craig Minassian, a spokesman for the Clinton Foundation, said in an email that the organization decided to help after reading about the Haiti team.

"The Clinton Foundation and Partners In Health, who received similar inquiries, have spoken with the team and are helping connect them with interested supporters," he wrote.

Borkowski said that without the financial help, if the team didn't qualify for the World Cup, it would have likely been disbanded following the CONCACAF tournament.

Both Waldrum and Borkowski coach their teams as volunteers.

Trinidad and Tobago's soccer federation, which had to find the funds to pay for the team's visas, was already working to secure additional money for the team when the plea went out. The country's Sports Ministry and a sponsor have since sent $40,000.

While Waldrum may have stepped on a few toes with his unconventional fundraising, his team can keep training in its quest to reach women's soccer's biggest stage for the first time. And they can eat.

"Our players have not made a penny in their national team careers. They've given up so much. I just felt like you know what, I've got to try to do something to help them," Waldrum said. "It would have been easy to walk away with the lack of funding, but when I look at this team I think they deserve this chance, and I'm going to fight to the end for them."

AP Sports Writer Tom Coyne in South Bend, Indiana, contributed to this report.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 09:04:53 PM »
I have no problem with the players asking for money, it's modern day football and their livelihood. However with that comes accountability the players need to be held accountable for that performance and schoolboy defending on that goal. We squandered a tremendous opportunity therefore questions have to be asked and the need to evaluate things going forward.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 07:45:39 AM »
Sometimes ah wish ah could win the Lottery,I'll be the Godfather of TT footballers,I'll gi dem more than they are owed.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 08:22:18 AM »
I have no problem with the players asking for money, it's modern day football and their livelihood. However with that comes accountability the players need to be held accountable for that performance and schoolboy defending on that goal. We squandered a tremendous opportunity therefore questions have to be asked and the need to evaluate things going forward.

:applause:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 09:44:57 AM »
Don't agree with everything Jack Horner say here, but plenty make sense.

The players are a big let down.

They can't accomplish anything.

They may win a game or two, but they can't accomplish anything, they just don't have the mentality to do it.

Hart wasting time on players like Hyland and Cyrus.

Cyrus should be move to the right wing.

And Hyland for being the most senior capped player, is a lala.

We need more vocal players on the field when Jones is not here.

Boucaud had a off game, but he is much more consistent, he should have been captain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 01:58:06 PM »
Being vocal is overated, not being disrepectful. Performance IS IT. Hyland did not have a good game. So too Boucaud. Those two were mostly on the back foot for most of the game. But that is so puzzling because of their performance against the US. We really missed Keron and Cato. They would have been able to bring the ball consistently from mid field to the Haitian area with speed needed to combat the Haitian midfielders.  Our back 4 had to hit the long ball too often(nothing against the long ball, especially when used on the counter attack). Hyland and Boucaud could not bring the ball on the floor without losing it, most of the night. And yes, I think Boucaud could be captain when KJ not on the field. Not that Jan does a bad job.

1]; } ?>