March 28, 2024, 03:53:19 AM

Author Topic: SSFL Greatest Players  (Read 7598 times)

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SSFL Greatest Players
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 02:26:55 PM »
I can't see how somebody like A Eve could get pick in front of players like JR Maclutchie and them guys from Bourg Malatress.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 09:17:33 PM »
O'Brian and Roderick Gibbs...

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 09:22:55 PM »
Doh sleep on Eve, nah.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 11:10:31 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2016, 12:58:09 PM »
Imagine Lawrence Rondon, Kenny Joseph, Gally Cummings, Jan Steadman, Warren Archibald, Leroy Deleon, Bobby Sookram were all school boys that represented their Senior National Team while still in High School.

The first two men didn't make the list..

It does make one ponder on the criteria for selection. It is also strange  ??? that Glenn Sealy the Fatima GK for the national winning intercol team of 1966 is not included. After all, he was the 1st. choice GK for the then Colleges League team in 66 & 67 ahead of Brian Bain (QRC) and Trevor Leiba (CIC). No disrespect to these 2 guys as they were also top drawer.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2016, 01:05:39 PM »
Sedley Joseph, Alvin Corneal, Steve Kahn.

Sedley, Alvin are late 50s. I don,t know which school Steve Khan attended. I don't know what was the criteria for selecting these players. There will always be very outstanding players who will not make this list.

And so it should be.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2016, 01:33:29 PM »
Imagine Lawrence Rondon, Kenny Joseph, Gally Cummings, Jan Steadman, Warren Archibald, Leroy Deleon, Bobby Sookram were all school boys that represented their Senior National Team while still in High School.

It does make one ponder on the criteria for selection. It is also strange  ??? that Glenn Sealy the Fatima GK for the national winning intercol team of 1966 is not included. After all, he was the 1st. choice GK for the then Colleges League team in 66 & 67 ahead of Brian Bain (QRC) and Trevor Leiba (CIC). No disrespect to these 2 guys as they were also top drawer.

Some of us are getting players and playing dates mixed up. Trevor played in the early 70s against Span, Mitchell, Danny Williams, The LaForest cousins,etc.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2016, 05:17:45 PM »

Some of us are getting players and playing dates mixed up. Trevor played in the early 70s against Span, Mitchell, Danny Williams, The LaForest cousins,etc.
You are quite correct, Deeks. Pardon my error in mentioning Trevor Leiba in that mix.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2016, 06:43:59 PM »
no prob!!!!

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 08:24:54 AM »
Deeks, thanks for the correction. Yes, Glen was a very good keeper. I also heard arguments for Hayden Duprey, Allan Cupid, and Danny Williams.  Danny was my rival, and he was extremely good.  I feel so honored to be on this list.

1]; } ?>