March 28, 2024, 09:55:14 AM

Author Topic: 2016 Caribbean Cup  (Read 22367 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Caribbean Cup
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2016, 08:44:40 PM »
This team gone flat, all of a sudden.  Now, they have to go thru some playoff for a Gold Cup spot.  They'll get embarrassed in the Hex, if they come out like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2016, 08:50:26 PM »
We lost 2 nil. Watched what I could in the game. My thoughts are this. SH has reached as far as he could go with this team. We are in for a mauling in the Hex. I think his biggest weakness is that he seems unable to assess players (CYrus) and cant accept when players are having a bad game. Why did Ceasar even come back on in the second half?

If I have to watch another game with Cyrus starting then I am done with this team and SH. He seems incapable of fixing that leaking defence. Maybe its time to get him some help or just find someone who could take this team to the next level. I am truly sorry. SH cant take us to the promise land!!

For heaven's sake what does this man see in Cyrus? Probably the worst right back that has ever played for a senior national team. Our midfiled is shot! Save for Kevon George but even he cant do it alone. We are unable to string two decent passes in the midfiled without losing the ball and my little wonder Kid (Garcia) seems intent on running straight into players and losing the ball. Hyland never dominates and Joevin, like Hyland is inconsistent.  I could go on and on but my pet beef is Cyrus.

I would like to know what secrets he holding for SH or what he is seeing that every other coach, outside of T&T does not see.

We have returned to the boom Kick and that will bring about our demise in the HEX.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2016, 09:02:15 PM »
Guyana cyah preserve a lead to save dey life.

Jamaica 4 Guyana 2.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2016, 09:02:23 PM »
This game made me realize how mentally weak our players are, you rough them up and throw them off their momentum and they perform poorly, it never fails. But on the flip side our stride was badly broken with the molino incident and losing jones very early in the game. Our mental toughness is nonexistent.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:22:07 PM by pull stones »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2016, 09:05:45 PM »
Team gone flat at the wrong time.  We'll get embarrassed in this Hex, if we come out like this, especially on the road vs dem Central American teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2016, 09:30:41 PM »
Need to learn to grind  out wins. Need a fighting spirit. We don't seem to have it. Once things aren't going our way we fold up like a wet paper bag. This is a metaphor for Trinidad society yes. Its a mental thing. We had more than enough talent to do the job.

Thing is they not learning and time just ran out.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:32:14 PM by Trin »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2016, 08:17:19 AM »
"He seems incapable of fixing that leaking defence."

Weird statement after 194 minutes without conceding a goal  ::)

Offline BBL

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2016, 06:13:34 AM »
Has there been any announcement about the scheduling of the competition?

The Hex and Fifth Round playoff are both currently scheduled for the same dates...

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2016, 08:51:07 AM »
We have to play 5th place uncaf right? So probably a team like ES or Nicaragua who we ketch we nenen against last year at home. Thats assuming we could beat the likes of French Guyana and Suriname...... sad state of affairs

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Third-round games rescheduled
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2016, 06:25:47 PM »
Caribbean Cup: Third-round games rescheduled
CONCACAF.com

The Caribbean Football Union announced Sunday the dates for a trio of 2016/17 Caribbean Cup, third-round games that were postponed earlier in the month due to Hurricane Matthew-related reasons.

New dates are follows:

GROUP 1

November 13, 2016: Anthony Spaulding Sports Complex – Kingston, Jamaica

Jamaica v Suriname

GROUP 2

November 9, 2016: Stade Sylvio Cator – Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Haiti v French Guiana

November 13, 2016: Warner Park Stadium – Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis
St. Kitts & Nevis v Haiti

Curacao and Martinique have already sealed berths in the Caribbean Cup semifinals, which will be played next year, and the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup. The Group 1 and 2 winners will join them in both events.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2016, 08:09:14 PM »
We end up getting a benefit from that hurricane/postponed games. This means that the 5th spot playoff will most likely be in January. I'm assuming probably around the same time as the UNCAF championship.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2016, 11:26:13 AM »
Well look at this:

French Guyana 5 - 2 HAITI
Haiti 2- 0 St kitts

So guess what. We playing Suriname at home. And Haiti in Haiti. Don't like the draw at all.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2016, 11:29:11 AM »
My mistake. Concacaf website saying one thing. But based on the results, Haiti did not make the 5th place playoff. Looks like we got Antigua on the road.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2016, 01:34:49 PM »
T&T to host CFU playoffs for Gold Cup qualifiers
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago will host the CONCACAF Gold Cup qualifying Caribbean final leg playoffs from January 4th to 8th, 2017.

This was confirmed by the Caribbean Football Union and will see the National Senior Teams of Haiti and Suriname join Trinidad and Tobago as the three second placed teams from the recent Caribbean Cup semi-final qualifying round, vying for the opportunity to advance to a final playoff against the fifth placed team of Central America.

T&T will face Suriname on January 4th followed by a clash between Haiti and Suriname on January 6th. T&T will play the final match of the playoffs against Haiti on January 8th. The venue for the games will be confirmed by the TTFA shortly but is likely to be played at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

The four teams which have qualified directly to the Gold Cup from the Caribbean include Martinique, Curacao, French Guiana and Jamaica which defeated Suriname 1-0 in a rescheduled match in Kingston on Sunday. The Jamaicans with six points, topped their qualifying group ahead of Suriname (3 pts) and Guyana (0).

All Season Pass Holders will be allowed free entry into all matches in the Gold Cup playoffs through usage of their passes.

These Season Passes remain on sale at all First Citizen’s Bank Branches as well as at the TTFA Head Office, Hasely Crawford Stadium or call the hotline at 270-6868.

The Central American Cup (Copa Centroamericana) from which the fifth placed team from that region will be determined, will be played in Panama. The competition, which is also the region’s qualifying event for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, will be played January 17-28, 2017.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2016, 02:51:49 PM »
Tallman, there must be an error. Because according to the rules of the tournament, Antigua gets the final spot over Haiti. Both Antigua and Haiti ended the tournament tied on points and goal difference. Precedence is given to the team that won and got their points during regulation. Haiti needed overtime to get their 3 points. Antigua did not need overtime to get their 3 points. Perhaps the press release will be updated soon.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2016, 02:58:58 PM »
Tallman, there must be an error. Because according to the rules of the tournament, Antigua gets the final spot over Haiti. Both Antigua and Haiti ended the tournament tied on points and goal difference. Precedence is given to the team that won and got their points during regulation. Haiti needed overtime to get their 3 points. Antigua did not need overtime to get their 3 points. Perhaps the press release will be updated soon.

I eh know, but even on CONCACAF.com, they show Haiti as a participant

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2016, 03:04:27 PM »
I know. I was confused too. Maybe not the best source.. But Wiki t have Antigua and Haiti taking the spot.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Caribbean_Cup_qualification

They do have a footnote about how and why Antigua gets the spot over Haiti. I think in the end it will be Antigua. . unless they changed the rules, which I doubt.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2016, 04:30:25 PM »
They do have a footnote about how and why Antigua gets the spot over Haiti. I think in the end it will be Antigua. . unless they changed the rules, which I doubt.

In this article, the Haitians seem to think that they have the spot. Hopefully the CFU will issue an official release to clear up the matter.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2016, 06:53:24 PM »
We will see Tallman. Haiti will be very disappointed when they find out that Antigua will be replacing them. Just a matter of time

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2016, 08:35:16 PM »
Guys the Haitian soccer federation calls FIFA and confirm it that Haiti is in...and CONCACAF.com wouldn't report it unless they have confirmation from FIFA..
Beside you are a world cup potential contender team, wouldn't you like to play Haiti instead of Antigua. It would be a better team to measure against rather than Antigua..You should be cheering for Haiti to make it so that you can measure against a decent team with all its payers available...by then, Haiti will have all its payers..Haiti didn't have most of his players in the F. Guiana game.. they will be ready in January and T&T will be ready...it will be a nice fair fight..
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 08:42:38 PM by truehaitian »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2016, 08:47:27 PM »
Guys the Haitian soccer federation calls FIFA and confirm it that Haiti is in...and CONCACAF.com wouldn't report it unless they have confirmation from FIFA..

They need to call CFU. CFU sets the rules for the tournament.

Haiti appears to have made it, based on the number of goals scored.. despite having the same goal difference as Antigua. Where Antigua qualifies is through the rules. i.e. games won within regulation time. Haiti won their game a.e.t.. which means Antigua goes through. I will see if I can locate the source for the rule.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2016, 08:49:45 PM »
Beside you are a world cup potential contender team, wouldn't you like to play Haiti instead of Antigua. It would be a better team to measure against rather than Antigua..You should be cheering for Haiti to make it so that you can measure against a decent team with all its payers available...by then, Haiti will have all its payers..Haiti didn't have most of his players in the F. Guiana game.. they will be ready in January and T&T will be ready...it will be a nice fair fight..

From what we seen happen last January, I'm sure  most of us on here will prefer to take our chances with A&B.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2016, 10:04:19 PM »

From what we seen happen last January, I'm sure  most of us on here will prefer to take our chances with A&B.

haha, ent
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CFU's Steve Harvey moment
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2016, 06:12:26 AM »
CFU's Steve Harvey moment
By Neto Baptiste (Antigua Observer)

The Antigua & Barbuda senior national football team was in and then out of the three-team playoff round-robin to determine the country advancing from the ongoing Caribbean Cup and into next July’s Gold Cup in the United States of America (USA).

This after the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), early Monday morning, name Antigua & Barbuda alongside Trinidad & Tobago and Suriname as the three teams advancing to the playoff round.

That changed just hours later with Antigua & Barbuda being replaced by Haiti the “best overall second place finisher” to challenge Trinidad & Tobago and Suriname.

The incident bore similarities to when Hollywood star Steve Harvey accidentally declared Miss Colombia the winner of Miss Universe when she was, in fact, the first runner-up to Miss Philippines.

General Secretary of the CFU, Neil Cochrane, said he has asked that the matter be reviewed.

“What I have asked for is an independent review because Antigua has lodged an official — I don’t want to say complaint — but they are also questioning the interpretation of the rule. They are saying that the original interpretation is the appropriate interpretation based upon where we are and the circumstances prescribed in the rules and regulations,” he said.

Reports are that the Antigua & Barbuda Football Association (ABFA) has filed an official protest, asking that the format used be revisited. CONCACAF has reportedly agreed and is putting together a committee to look into the matter and make a ruling.

Cochrane’s request of the CFU would have of a similar nature.

“I am going to ask my head of competitions to ask the head of competitions for CONCACAF to make a ruling on that and then we just go from there because I would not want to, based upon where I am from, I am not going to make such a decision, I will make that decision come from the head of competition from CONCACAF,” he said.

Reports are that the process could take up to a week before it’s completed.

The winner from the playoff round of the CFU competition, will challenge the fifth placed UNCAF (La Unión Centroamericana de Fútbol) team for the coveted Golf Cup spot.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2016, 06:41:23 AM »
Good follow up Tallman. Seems looks like Antigua may get the go ahead based on the rule. Once a rule is set for a competition, and all parties are aware, it will be very difficult to change it by appealing to a larger governing body. CFU did set the rules for the competition and Concacaf approved it.. So I think the decision will go in Antigua's favor.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2016, 07:11:19 AM »
This thing is very confusing. I just went through the CFU cup rule book. And I understand why both teams feel they deserve the spot.

But to sum it up, the CFU has provisions for teams that are tied on points and goal difference etc, WHO ARE IN THE SAME GROUP. But they never included any rules for deciding the runner ups for the playoff spot. In other words, if you go by the rules for deciding the group winners,  Haiti gets the spot. However there is a clause that gives Antigua the spot. Which is games won during regulation time.

It's too early to say who will get the spot. I thought it might have been Antigua.. But now I really don't know.

http://www.concacaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/2016-Mens-Caribbean-Cup-Regulation-English-Feb-2016-ENG.pdf

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2016, 10:50:04 AM »
This situation is so easy to resolve, is a shame.
Invite both teams to the playoffs. 4 teams, that evens things
out.that is it right dey.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2016, 02:05:38 PM »
Although the issue is already resolved, Haiti is in while A&B is out, I agree...Good one ! All the second place finishers should have an opportunity to play for that 5th spot..

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2016, 05:08:37 PM »
Although the issue is already resolved, Haiti is in while A&B is out, I agree...Good one ! All the second place finishers should have an opportunity to play for that 5th spot..

You sure it resolve now? The article Tallman post says it will take a few weeks.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2016, 02:50:10 PM »
Jamaica will be incorporating a Bundesliga 2 player for this tournament (Daniel Gordon, Sandhausen).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:34:36 AM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>