March 28, 2024, 05:27:13 PM

Author Topic: TTFA names new Women’s Head Coach and appoints Technical Committee members  (Read 6726 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA names new Women’s Head Coach and appoints Technical Committee members
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association President David John-Williams today announced the Technical Committee of the TTFA.

John-Williams, also revealed the new head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Women’s Team ahead of the upcoming CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Final Round in the United States next month.

The TTFA’s Technical Committee will comprise of the following individuals:
  • Dexter Skeene (Chairman)
  • Dr. Alvin Henderson (Deputy Chairman)
  • Bertille St. Clair
  • Errol Lovell
  • Jinelle James
  • Stuart Charles-Fevrier
  • Muhammad Isa

The committee held its first meeting on Wednesday evening at the TTFA’s offices at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Richard Hood has been appointed as Head Coach of the T&T Women’s Senior Team.

John-Williams also announced that Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Women’s Team will face Costa Rica in two warm-up matches in Costa Rica as part of preparations for the Olympic qualifiers on January 25th and 27th.

“We wish thank extend gratitude to Randy Waldrum for his services extended to the National Women’s Team and we wish him the best in his future endeavours,” John Williams stated.

“Richard Hood will head the Women’s Team. I have a lot of confidence in Richard. I think he is an upcoming and developing coach. We are doing it in the best interest of the team. It was a unanimous selection with the Executive at the time because the technical committee was not set up and we had to take a decision. It sort of went against what I had preached but the circumstances demanded that we took a decision,” Williams stated.

On the setting up of the Technical Committee, the TTFA President added: “It covers a wide area and we are quite confident in the expertise and capabilities of the members of the technical committee. Stuart Charles will oversee the youth arm of the technical committee, Bertille St Clair (Tobago), Dr Henderson is the deputy chairman, Lovell will be in charge of the goalkeeping department and Jinelle James will there for the women’s game.”

He stated that the TTFA’s Technical Committee will be responsible for making decisions as it relates to the various national teams. John-Williams added that Skeene was named as the committee’s chairman as the TTFA’s constitution stated that the chairman must be a member of the TTFA Board of Directors of which Skeene is.

“That is their responsibility. I don’t intend to be an Executive President even though I have been functioning as an Executive President in the first month. But yes, the Technical committee will be in charge of that mantle and I have a lot of faith and confidence in the people that the Executive has placed on the technical committee and we hope will do a good job.” John-Williams added.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Women will open their CONCACAF Final round account against Guatemala in February 11th. They will face Canada on February 14th and Guyana on February 16th. The top two teams from the two groups will advance to the semi final round with the two finalists advancing to the Rio Olympics 2016.

“It’s a tight schedule. The plan is to play the two games in Costa Rica on the 25th and 27th and then go straight to Houston. I think it’s important that in the short space of time that we have a team that can gel and a team that is together. It’s a different challenge from the Men’s Team and we will try to work around all those challenges to see what best we can get for the Trinidad and Tobago Women’s Team,” John- Williams added.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 05:10:27 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Interesting. Like the group committee thing.
Some people there I like. Good to see Bertille back with a role. Need just one more real potent senior coach there in the technical committee but some such people are perceived tainted with off the field suff
Wonder what role he has for Gally, if he is interested in any post.
I personally like Waldrun very much & very sad to see him go. We goin' local it seems including BraveHart
Waiting to hear more. In the meantime ... Sam, not yet havin' a meltdown ? ...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 06:24:07 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Dexter Skeene (Chairman) - A f00cking waste. More than 10 years he running de league and it can't grow. De league leader and W Connection owner is now TTFA staff, lord, allyuh eh seeing de monopoly.

Alvin Henderson - A next f00cking waste. They bringing a doctor allyuh.....  :rotfl: Doctor Larga-who.....

Bertille St. Clair - Decent, but to stubborn and outdated. We cah get a more modernism Tobago coach allyuh?

Errol Lovell - Decent, don't know much about him.

Jinelle James - They bring she back!!! de ole staff we keep recycling, Work under Tim Kee, Jack, ent she had some incident with de ole TTFA.

Stuart Charles-Fevrier - Silently moving his way into the mens team, this is the first step. Hart better watch he ass, his job to lose.

Muhammad Isa - This man is about 90 now, why de ass he doh retired. Work under Tim Kee, Jack, all do it.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Perhaps it would be judicious for the TTFA to share as transparently as possible, the factors influencing the coaching change on the women's team. I can locate no evidence of that in the media release. Please recall, the public was told it's a new day at the TTFA. Act accordingly.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Alvin Henderson - A next f00cking waste. They bringing a doctor allyuh.....  :rotfl: Doctor Larga-who.....

Breds, Doctor Larga-who, in his day could match any of our current strikers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Henderson

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Not sure what options/candidates are available, but I do dislike seeing this 'recycle' sort of approach.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Breds, Doctor Larga-who, in his day could match any of our current strikers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Henderson

Steups,, we not talking bout him as a player.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Sam Sam  take a deep breath  boss ... if yuh really want to know who Dr Alvin Henderson is just do ah lil search on de man  footballing back ground and yuh will get de answer .. Take it easy sam  :)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Perhaps it would be judicious for the TTFA to share as transparently as possible, the factors influencing the coaching change on the women's team. I can locate no evidence of that in the media release. Please recall, the public was told it's a new day at the TTFA. Act accordingly.

The word is that John-Williams requested a four-year development plan on a January 2nd (a Saturday at that) and gave him until that Monday (January 4th) to submit it.  Waldrum requested additional time and was given until January 6th (Wednesday) to submit the plan.  He submitted the plan at 1 am January 7th (Wednesday night/Thursday morning).  Was fired for turning in the plan 'late.' 

Ponder the insipidity of requesting something as substantial as a four-year development plan on the weekend, with an initial Monday deadline.  Ponder the insipidity of firing (arguably) the most successful WNT coach in history, for being an hour late with a writing assignment (like is college all over again).  Finally, ponder the insipidity of the excuse that you had to bypass the Constitution and use the ExCo to fire the coach, because there was no Technical Committee (whose responsibility it is to hire/fire the National Team coaches). This because you "had to take a decision" ...then naming a Technical Committee just two days later. What was the emergency?

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

The word is that John-Williams requested a four-year development plan on a January 2nd (a Saturday at that) and gave him until that Monday (January 4th) to submit it.  Waldrum requested additional time and was given until January 6th (Wednesday) to submit the plan.  He submitted the plan at 1 am January 7th (Wednesday night/Thursday morning).  Was fired for turning in the plan 'late.' 

Ponder the insipidity of requesting something as substantial as a four-year development plan on the weekend, with an initial Monday deadline.  Ponder the insipidity of firing (arguably) the most successful WNT coach in history, for being an hour late with a writing assignment (like is college all over again).  Finally, ponder the insipidity of the excuse that you had to bypass the Constitution and use the ExCo to fire the coach, because there was no Technical Committee (whose responsibility it is to hire/fire the National Team coaches). This because you "had to take a decision" ...then naming a Technical Committee just two days later. What was the emergency?
DJW  Clearly plotted his script , to suit his hidden agenda , it is also interesting to note the timing  of this move .to fire coach  waldrum... bachannal  time i will watch de ride ..

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
You replace a proven coach from a premier US women's collegiate institution with two NCAA titles for Notre Dame with a coach who can't even stand next to him.  This is the fear I had about John Williams.  I'd like to know the basis for his decision.  He then proceeds to install a bunch of recycled, obsolete coaches that the game has left behind as his technical committee.  Watch that technical committee go after Hart because of their xenophobia.  Smh

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You replace a proven coach from a premier US women's collegiate institution with two NCAA titles for Notre Dame with a coach who can't even stand next to him.  This is the fear I had about John Williams.  I'd like to know the basis for his decision.  He then proceeds to install a bunch of recycled, obsolete coaches that the game has left behind as his technical committee.  Watch that technical committee go after Hart because of their xenophobia.  Smh

:cursing:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thanks for the insight Bakes. How can DJW ask for a 4 year plan over 2 days? Waldrum volunteered is time and it's a shame to see he was treated like that. The man is a respected coach in the women's game, I wonder what's this new coach's resume?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thanks for the insight Bakes. How can DJW ask for a 4 year plan over 2 days? Waldrum volunteered is time and it's a shame to see he was treated like that. The man is a respected coach in the women's game, I wonder what's this new coach's resume?

I can't take any credit... it's being reported elsewhere by Lasana Liburd.  It's pretty clear that the failure to turn in the plan on time is pure pretext.  Waldrum himself states that DJW told him they wanted to go local within days of him taking over.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This Technical Committee is a positive thing and Dr Alvin Henderson should have been heading it...Dexter Skeene cannot  carry Alvin boots..

I am from south and I can say as a south man Alvin knows Trinidad football..he has represented his country at the senior level on many occasions and did so with distinction.

His committment to football at the grassroots level in Trinidad is unparralleled. He has helped and inspired many players at all levels. He carried the Coffee Giants on his shoulders...he led by example..

He is also a Howard man and one of the players who were on the team that won Howard it's lone NCAA championship...So I don't like the idea of anyone on this site trying to discredit Alvin...

He saved a life on the football field ...a player fell suffering from cardiac arrest ..he kept the player alive...
many players who suffered injuries during a game he would be the first to help and the one all the players looked to...He is a dedicated football man...He spent a lifetime in football besides the practice of medicine..the wise cracker should retract any negative statement made about this man.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I can't take any credit... it's being reported elsewhere by Lasana Liburd.  It's pretty clear that the failure to turn in the plan on time is pure pretext.  Waldrum himself states that DJW told him they wanted to go local within days of him taking over.
Ok I'll go look for that article. What's our big issue with going local? If we want to get technical, the U.S. Women's coach Jill Ellis is from the UK and Klinsmann is from Germany  :devil:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:57:52 PM by soccerman »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Don't give this DJW to much credit.  From the jump it was clear to me that he had no plan.  He just doing things based on bad mind he had prior and day dreams. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Hood ready for Women’s Team challenge.
TTFA Media.

Newly appointed head coach for the Women’s National Senior Team Richard Hood says he’s ready to take on the challenge of leading this country in the upcoming CONCACAF Final Round of Olympic qualification in the United States next month.

Hood, a former assistant T&T Under 17 Women’s Coach at the 2010 FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup, was named on Wednesday as the new head coach to replace American Randy Waldrum.

Hood also led the T&T Women’s team in a previous Olympic qualifying bid and had previously led the Police Men’s Team to the top position in the ongoing T&T Pro League .

His first international assignment in the new position will be two away warm-up matches against Costa Rica’s Senior Women’s Team on January 25th and 27th before the team heads to the United States to begin the tournament. Hood will announce a provisional squad list in due course.

“My immediate reaction is one of excitement but one of apprehension as well,” Hood told TTFA Media

“We are facing a very difficult task trying to qualify for the Olympics in a very short time. It’s going to be difficult but it is not beyond us and one that I am looking forward to. The time frame is not ideal but it’s workable.”

Hood added that he is familiar with the majority of the players in the current national pool including Arin King who led the team in the recent International friendly with the United States, and most of her other teammates.

“There are one or two players that came in recently that I am not too familiar with but I am familiar with most of them. I saw recently players like Liana Hinds and Briana Ryce who were with the 2010 Under 17 team, come into the squad and I was pleased about that. One of the important things for us in the would be getting the chemistry going and ensuring we are ready for the tournament,” Hood said.

And as to the way in which he would like to see the team approach the games, he added: “I would like to see us play aggressively and to use our best assets, one of which would be speed, and to be more measured and control in our approach, being more organized and maintaining a high level of concentration throughout.”

Hood said he would be giving up his duty as Police FC Head Coach but will continue overseeing their football program in his capacity as Technical Director for the club.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Women will open their CONCACAF Final round account against Guatemala in February 11th. They will face Canada on February 14th and Guyana on February 16th. The top two teams from the two groups will advance to the semi final round with the two finalists advancing to the Rio.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Sam, for you to make such a statement about Alvin Henderson, it is obvious you do not know him.  Alvin is one of the most solid heads behind the scenes in T&T football.  He is also very fair and does not have any hidden agendas.  If you were to meet him, you would gain instant respect. 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sam, for you to make such a statement about Alvin Henderson, it is obvious you do not know him.  Alvin is one of the most solid heads behind the scenes in T&T football.  He is also very fair and does not have any hidden agendas.  If you were to meet him, you would gain instant respect. 

Ok, so far everybody here saying good thing about him, even coache and he hate everybody.

So we go see.

Ah just doh like to much ole man in charge, they head to f00cking hard, and they always want to compare and teach things that dont fit today games.

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Sam, just the another day I knew Alvin as being young.  Before you know it, one day you will get old.  I learned over the years that age really brings wisdom. 

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sam, just the another day I knew Alvin as being young.  Before you know it, one day you will get old.  I learned over the years that age really brings wisdom. 

Completely false.  Sure it can but not a certainty.  Regarding T&T football I with Sam.  Our issue has never been wisdom, it's been integrity enough of the old guard calling shots.     

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Preacher, if you are saying that age does bring wisdom is completely false, you have to be a very young person.  Also, if you are trying to find someone with integrity, you must get to know Alvin Henderson.  I believe you would be impressed. 

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Preacher, if you are saying that age does bring wisdom is completely false, you have to be a very young person.  Also, if you are trying to find someone with integrity, you must get to know Alvin Henderson.  I believe you would be impressed. 

I think we both understand each others point.  For now we'll just stick a pin regarding the wisdom of this NEW but OLD TTFA.  We'll see what their collective years can produce. 

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Preacher, I was not giving kudos the new TTFA.  Actually, I am not impressed with some of the decisions they have made so far.  I cannot understand how they fired Randy Waldrum.  I was just giving support to Alvin Henderson being on the Technical Committee.  Thanks.  Have a good day!

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Alvin coached me for a couple seasons with Coffee Giants, during that time we dominated the southern division. In one of the FA Cup season we lost to the great TRINTOC in a semis re-play at Guaracara park with the likes of Brian W. Clayton, Spann, Philbert Jones etc. playing for TRINTOC.

Alvin has very good soccer knowledge but sitting on a committee sometimes can be difficult as your vision and ideas may not be accepted by others who may not be at your level.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hood said he would be giving up his duty as Police FC Head Coach but will continue overseeing their football program in his capacity as Technical Director for the club.

Is TTFA paying Hood, or is it he, being in the Police Service means that they don't have to pay him. He already gets a salary from the gov't.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Some seem to think that Waldrum's four -year development plan will be passed on to Hood.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WATCH: Richard Hood reacts to his appointment as Trinidad and Tobago’s new Women's Senior Team Head Coach

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hFy61_qs80k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hFy61_qs80k</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
the only reason Hood is the head coach is simply that TTFA don't have the money to hire Waldrum full time. Hood is in the Police Service, so his salary is being paid by the govt.

1]; } ?>