March 28, 2024, 06:16:08 AM

Author Topic: Foreign Based U-21 T&T Prospects.  (Read 18045 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign Based U-21 T&T Prospects.
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2016, 05:41:59 PM »
Is the ttfa helping hart to scout new players?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2016, 09:13:08 PM »
Elias Roubos (Defender)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2016, 07:47:32 AM »
Mark Gangiah - Denmark.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2016, 09:24:08 AM »
Mark Gangiah - Denmark.

Lol d U20 clown coach mentioned him. U put his name here so can u give more info about him other that name and location??

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2017, 04:59:40 AM »
* Ryan Telfer (Striker) - Toronto FC II - (23).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2017, 05:39:39 AM »
Omar Rostant he went Pleasantville Sec, and left to go Canada after form 5. Sain to be a really talented left back.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YjyIPGeRUjQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YjyIPGeRUjQ</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/70EPZQJ8JJ4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/70EPZQJ8JJ4</a>
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2017, 05:42:07 AM »
Any relation to Alvin Rostant from Technical in the 70s.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2017, 06:51:18 AM »
If he not playing for W Connection he could be de next Maldini he eh getting call.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2017, 12:24:02 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2017, 04:03:59 PM »
Jadon Snacho - Manchester City U18   

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jadon-sancho/profil/spieler/401173

I had inquired about him a while ago, but Brent said he didn't know him.

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2017, 11:51:00 AM »

so as usual Tman, we only calling/picking who we know ?  :devil:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2017, 02:06:18 PM »

so as usual Tman, we only calling/picking who we know ?  :devil:

Ah  maxg you know the ttff don't scout  only last minute thing

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2017, 01:20:41 PM »

The Spanish name was a dead giveaway 95% of the people in the English Caribbean with a Spanish name come from Trinidad but him or his family would be stupid if they let him play for a BS organization like TTFA.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2017, 03:14:24 PM »
Introducing Jadon Sancho, Borussia Dortmund's English history-maker
bundesliga.com

As one door closes, another one opens. Ousmane Dembele may have left Borussia Dortmund and vacated the No.7 shirt, but it wasn’t without an owner for long. Enter Jadon Sancho.

The England youth international pitched up in Dortmund on transfer deadline day to sign his first professional contract and become the first English player to represent the Black and Yellows. bundesliga.com illuminates his journey to Signal Iduna Park…

Before this summer only true insiders of European football really knew Sancho. The 17-year-old’s parents hail from Trinidad and Tobago but he grew up in south London, an area of the capital with a high crime rate and relatively few prospects for young adults. As such, Sancho made sure his footballing talent provided him with an escape route.

“After school I always just wanted to play football,” he was quoted as saying by German daily BILD.de. “Around me a lot of people were doing some bad things, but I didn’t want anything to do with that.” Thankfully, Sancho had already begun to keep his feet on the ground, having joined Watford at the age of seven.

Aged 15 he moved to Manchester City, where he built on an encouraging first campaign to shoot to prominence the following season (2016/17), scoring 12 goals and providing four assists in 14 matches. Moreover, he also netted twice in the UEFA Youth League, the youth equivalent of the UEFA Champions League.

As a reward, he was promoted to the Manchester City reserve side, where he again impressed with three goals and two assists. He did not make an appearance for the senior team, but this says more about established Premier League clubs’ well-known reluctance to throw young, homegrown players into action than it does about Sancho’s obvious gifts.

Further evidence of his burgeoning talent came in his performances for England. After six goals for the U16s, Sancho then notched 13 in 16 matches for the U17s (as well as providing seven assists) and inspired the team to this summer’s UEFA EURO 2017 final in Croatia. England were beaten on penalties by Spain but Sancho’s five goals and assists apiece earned him the Player of the Tournament award, an accolade bestowed on superstars such as Mario Götze, Toni Kroos, Cesc Fabregas and Wayne Rooney before him.

“It was a difficult decision but the time is right for a new challenge where I can start to fulfil my potential,” said Sancho on Facebook as BVB acted decisively to swoop for one of England’s most talented youngsters. Sancho showed similar determination to leave his homeland behind and sign for a club whose pathway to the first team is much, much clearer. And while the competition in Dortmund may be fierce indeed – he has the likes of Götze, Christian Pulisic, Andre Schürrle, Shinji Kagawa, Andrey Yarmolenko and Marco Reus for company – Sancho can feel confident of making an impression at a club where young talent is celebrated.

To move to a new country with a different language and a different way of life shows maturity and courage, as well as ambition. Add to that Sancho’s undoubted gifts of scoring and making goals and leading a team, and you have a recipe for success that should have Dortmund supporters licking their lips. Welcome to the Bundesliga, Jadon!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2017, 10:49:15 PM »
Leave de yute right where he is...if he were come with the current TTFA he go spoil faster than a ripe sapodilla 

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2017, 11:03:42 PM »
These players need to make up the nucleus of our teams going forward. We should only be working with "finished products" at the national level. Let others develop and we utilise. Let's get them together for the next Olympics first.

A majority foreign born/based team as well as a good/big name coach or manager should be a step in the right direction.

Imagine a team with Sancho and Bostock, Rohan Ince?, Tom Ince? and other foreign born with a the additonal mls players and Levi Garcia.

The reality is the foreign born players not gonna get a run out for england unless they are really talented. I think we don't even have a chance at getting Sancho cause he is at a very competitive level and is already earmarked for a future role in England squad. I am sure we can convince those in lower end of pl, championship and league 1. League 2 I believe is a stretch and should only be encouraged if the player is young or is a star of the league. Zamora was capped twice for England and discarded. We need to begin the conversation with these players at a much earlier age. We took Jake Thompson to the World Cup at age 19.

We should attract them with prospect of playing in the olympics or even under 20 world cup.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2017, 09:02:33 AM »
These players need to make up the nucleus of our teams going forward. We should only be working with "finished products" at the national level. Let others develop and we utilise. Let's get them together for the next Olympics first.

A majority foreign born/based team as well as a good/big name coach or manager should be a step in the right direction.

Imagine a team with Sancho and Bostock, Rohan Ince?, Tom Ince? and other foreign born with a the additonal mls players and Levi Garcia.

The reality is the foreign born players not gonna get a run out for england unless they are really talented. I think we don't even have a chance at getting Sancho cause he is at a very competitive level and is already earmarked for a future role in England squad. I am sure we can convince those in lower end of pl, championship and league 1. League 2 I believe is a stretch and should only be encouraged if the player is young or is a star of the league. Zamora was capped twice for England and discarded. We need to begin the conversation with these players at a much earlier age. We took Jake Thompson to the World Cup at age 19.

We should attract them with prospect of playing in the olympics or even under 20 world cup.
There are  other player at youth  level or playing int the lower leagues i am sure of ... our ferderation does not dig  for player i wonder why .. do they think we have the player pool to comptete

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2017, 09:26:44 AM »
While we was kicksing on Jamaica, I'd rather have a team full of UB40s committed to the cause.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2017, 02:57:17 PM »

Prospect?  Those players not seeing it that way because, we are not qualifying for those tournaments.  So this whole prospect thing is pie in the sky right now.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »
Obviously we not gonna entice them if we only trying to attract one by one. It would be different if they see more people at their level on the NT then we have a better argument for them joining. That's why it's key that we attract as much as possible. Let them realise that teammates are at a similar level to them. That is how we convince them. We may even find it easier to attract a big coach if we show him a teamsheet comprising players from europe's first division rather than guava fc

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2017, 05:40:37 PM »
Congo,
I see where you are coming from but the challenge is getting 5 -7 players to agree to make that move.  At the end of the day they seeing our history of poor administration so the group scene may not happen.  They probably waiting on others to make the move such that no one is making the move.  The Federation needs to sit down with a group of players and convince them at the same time.  However, I doubt they are capable of doing that so we stuck in this current mess.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2017, 06:58:26 AM »
Congo,
I see where you are coming from but the challenge is getting 5 -7 players to agree to make that move.  At the end of the day they seeing our history of poor administration so the group scene may not happen.  They probably waiting on others to make the move such that no one is making the move.  The Federation needs to sit down with a group of players and convince them at the same time.  However, I doubt they are capable of doing that so we stuck in this current mess.

Real MADNESS

Yuh right but the foreign based players will not sit with DJW, ISSA and the lot. Players in 3rd Division Europe and 2nd Division USA are accustomed to a level of professionalism that our administrators do not have.  Sadly, when you engage these administrators they are jokey and juvenile simply big men with little children brains.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2017, 07:07:00 AM »
Tobago 28,

I agree with you which leads to the need to replace the admin but I don't see it happening.  We Trinis like to complain but do nothing at the end of the day.  The people who have the qualifications to replace DJW need to come forward with a plan to get rid of that clown.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2017, 10:14:58 PM »
Introducing Jadon Sancho, Borussia Dortmund's English history-maker
bundesliga.com

As one door closes, another one opens. Ousmane Dembele may have left Borussia Dortmund and vacated the No.7 shirt, but it wasn’t without an owner for long. Enter Jadon Sancho.

The England youth international pitched up in Dortmund on transfer deadline day to sign his first professional contract and become the first English player to represent the Black and Yellows. bundesliga.com illuminates his journey to Signal Iduna Park…

Before this summer only true insiders of European football really knew Sancho. The 17-year-old’s parents hail from Trinidad and Tobago but he grew up in south London, an area of the capital with a high crime rate and relatively few prospects for young adults. As such, Sancho made sure his footballing talent provided him with an escape route.

“After school I always just wanted to play football,” he was quoted as saying by German daily BILD.de. “Around me a lot of people were doing some bad things, but I didn’t want anything to do with that.” Thankfully, Sancho had already begun to keep his feet on the ground, having joined Watford at the age of seven.

Aged 15 he moved to Manchester City, where he built on an encouraging first campaign to shoot to prominence the following season (2016/17), scoring 12 goals and providing four assists in 14 matches. Moreover, he also netted twice in the UEFA Youth League, the youth equivalent of the UEFA Champions League.

As a reward, he was promoted to the Manchester City reserve side, where he again impressed with three goals and two assists. He did not make an appearance for the senior team, but this says more about established Premier League clubs’ well-known reluctance to throw young, homegrown players into action than it does about Sancho’s obvious gifts.

Further evidence of his burgeoning talent came in his performances for England. After six goals for the U16s, Sancho then notched 13 in 16 matches for the U17s (as well as providing seven assists) and inspired the team to this summer’s UEFA EURO 2017 final in Croatia. England were beaten on penalties by Spain but Sancho’s five goals and assists apiece earned him the Player of the Tournament award, an accolade bestowed on superstars such as Mario Götze, Toni Kroos, Cesc Fabregas and Wayne Rooney before him.

“It was a difficult decision but the time is right for a new challenge where I can start to fulfil my potential,” said Sancho on Facebook as BVB acted decisively to swoop for one of England’s most talented youngsters. Sancho showed similar determination to leave his homeland behind and sign for a club whose pathway to the first team is much, much clearer. And while the competition in Dortmund may be fierce indeed – he has the likes of Götze, Christian Pulisic, Andre Schürrle, Shinji Kagawa, Andrey Yarmolenko and Marco Reus for company – Sancho can feel confident of making an impression at a club where young talent is celebrated.

To move to a new country with a different language and a different way of life shows maturity and courage, as well as ambition. Add to that Sancho’s undoubted gifts of scoring and making goals and leading a team, and you have a recipe for success that should have Dortmund supporters licking their lips. Welcome to the Bundesliga, Jadon!

It's often helpful to look back:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=65098.0

Textbook example of the 'then' predicting the 'now'.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 10:17:23 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2017, 03:08:52 AM »
Port Vale sign ex-Arsenal and Southampton youngster Chris Regis

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41909299

League Two club Port Vale have signed midfielder Chris Regis on a contract to the end of the season.

The 20-year-old played for Arsenal and Southampton at Under-18 level, and had a spell at Colchester last term without making a first-team appearance.

He joins a Vale side currently 22nd in the table, having won only four of their 16 games.

Regis scored on his debut just three minutes into Tuesday's 4-2 EFL Trophy group win at home to Crewe Alexandra.

Vale's fifth victory in seven games under new boss Neil Aspin ensured that they finished top of Northern Group D, guaranteeing them a home tie at the regionalised last 32 stage.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2017, 02:13:44 AM »
Dante Sealy 14 of FC Dallas has been called to the US U17 National Team.

Dante is the son of former National Striker Scott Sealy
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2017, 02:36:18 AM »
Damn, Scott Sealey was just a lil kid the other day, he has 14 yr old already. I old, oui.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2018, 12:34:59 AM »
Natasha Baptiste.  She is eligible for Trinidad she plays for Aston Villa women's team

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2018, 10:06:36 AM »
Natasha Baptiste.  She is eligible for Trinidad she plays for Aston Villa women's team

Is that why she wears #19?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2018, 11:03:37 AM »

Is that why she wears #19?

She is 26 years old and also eligible for Grenada.

1]; } ?>