March 28, 2024, 11:38:20 AM

Author Topic: Jarred Dass Thread  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jarred Dass Thread
« on: January 23, 2016, 02:25:02 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZKKVBCkkPHU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZKKVBCkkPHU</a>
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 05:30:58 PM by Tallman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: One on one with Jarred Dass
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 03:26:23 PM »
Thanks for posting. Ah feel proud to see intelligent youngsters coming up from my home land. The legacy of coaching also made me proud.

All the best Dass
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 03:10:07 AM »
Dass wants to go one better with U-20s.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Under-20 winger Jarred Dass wants to erase the disappointing memories of missing out on qualifying for the 2013 FIFA Under-20 World Cup by a single win by helping to inspire the current team to qualification for the 2017 World Cup in South Korea.

Dass, a standout for Naparima College last season, is one of the US-based players summoned by head coach Brian Williams to join the 23-man squad for the Caribbean Football Union Qualifying first round. T&T faces Guadeloupe from 7:30pm and Turks and Caicos tangles with St Lucia in the opening game from 5pm.

Dass was a member of the T&T Under 17 Team which defeated Costa Rica 2-0 in the CONCACAF Final round in Panama in 2013 before losing 4-2 in their final match.

“That was really disappointing because we made history by beating Costa Rica and then we scored first against Panama but they came back really strong. We missed out on a chance to go to a World Cup. Now I have another chance with the Under 20 team which I am really looking forward to. Hopefully I can play my part in helping the team go all the way,” Dass said. He added that head coach Brian Williams has been handling the team in the right manner.

“He’s been doing a good job. The live-in camp last week was very important and I felt it was a good decision by the coaches to have the camp.

“For me personally, the first six months with Stony Brook University in the United States has been a step up from playing in the Secondary Schools League. I am over there with fellow Trinidadian Marteon Watson. The change in level at Stony Brook has been significant and hopefully we can go on to become better players for the future. Right now my ambition is to put my best foot forward and help T&T qualify out of this group stage and go all the way to South Korea.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 07:31:23 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Stony Brook University's Jarred Dass

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/k_pm2cw8q84" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/k_pm2cw8q84</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dass awarded United Soccer Coaches All-Northeast Region honors
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 03:58:57 PM »
Dass awarded United Soccer Coaches All-Northeast Region honors
stonybrookathletics.com

After scoring a team-leading six goals and playing a key role in the Stony Brook men's soccer team's offensive attack, senior Jarred Dass was named to the United Soccer Coaches All-Northeast Region Third Team.

Dass made 16 starts this year and ranked fourth in the America East in goals. The senior scored four goals in the team's first six contests, including a game-winner in the team's 2-1 win over Siena on Sept. 13.

This is the second consecutive season that Dass has earned All-Region Honors. He was named to the Third Team after scoring six goals in 2018.

The Trinidad native was named to the America East Second Team on Nov. 8. He compiled 14 goals and dished out seven assists over his four-year career at Stony Brook.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
After Pro Combine invite, Jarred Dass ready to pursue professional soccer career
stonybrookathletics.com

Jarred Dass skipped his Stony Brook University graduation ceremony on Friday. He had a good reason: He was taking another step in his chosen career path.

Dass participated in the two-day Midwest Pro Soccer Combine along with fellow Seawolves men's soccer product Gustavo Fernandes after each received an invite to the prestigious event.

Four MLS clubs, including New York City FC, as well as nine USL Championship clubs were among the more than 20 professional organizations attending the combine in Brighton, Mich. The Midwest Combine included three 60-minute matches to showcase the participants' skills for professional club talent evaluators.

"Being selected to the Midwest Combine was something good for me to hear," said Dass, who scored a team-high six goals each of the past two seasons for Stony Brook. "It just shows that, although sometimes hard work doesn't have a result, I believe my hard work did.

"It motivated me because, as with any athlete, there were times of doubt — if you're good enough or if you're not good enough. Moments like these, it boosts your confidence knowing you are deserving of this and good enough to be at this level."

During the past four seasons, Dass proved a sparkplug for the Stony Brook men's soccer team. But now that he has played his last match at Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium, having graduated with a business management degree on Friday, the two-time All-America East selection is looking forward to the next chapter of his career.

Dass has performed at high levels before. He narrowly missed out on World Cup qualification with the Trinidad U17 national team several years ago. And this past summer, he competed with AFC Ann Arbor, a USL League Two club, an experience he recalled fondly.

"It was a great experience to just get out of my comfort zone and play with a whole different team in a whole different place — with a different league and a different level of players," he said. "It was a challenge for me, but a challenge I think I grasped with both hands and really made the most of." 

As for playing for his native country, Dass intends to reconnect with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association officials before qualifying begins for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Dass also is thankful for his time as a Seawolf.

"My four years at Stony Brook definitely helped me transcend to the next level," he said. "Stony Brook Athletics does a really good job of putting things in place for student-athletes both on and off the pitch, so I was very thankful for that."

Although the sun has set on Dass' illustrious collegiate career, the arc of his professional career is just beginning.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 04:14:53 PM »
Thanks for posting. Ah feel proud to see intelligent youngsters coming up from my home land. The legacy of coaching also made me proud.

All the best Dass
Our intelligent boys don't get into the TT set up,what became of Javid Mohammed and a couple others.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jarred Dass Thread
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2019, 10:51:54 AM »

All the best Dass
Our intelligent boys don't get into the TT set up,what became of Javid Mohammed and a couple others.

????
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2019, 06:01:32 AM »

All the best Dass

????

Our intelligent boys look at the pro league situation. Central FC eh get their prize money for 2016, 2017. Pro or US college? The last TTFa put youth development on the back burner. They scrap the U-23/Olympic team. I go take the US college. Once in college in the States, you basically out of the loop until you graduate.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2019, 02:48:53 PM »
Deeks,it seems to me that when they go to US Colleges /University,they forget TT and take well paid jobs instead of dicing with TT football.It then becomes necessary to stick with the non college boys with less intelligence ;D,i hope people don't take this too serious,but seriously
didn't our best teams in the 70s and in the 90s was full of college boys,I could be wrong,I don't mean US colleges just our own colleges in TT.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2019, 06:57:01 PM »
Deeks,it seems to me that when they go to US Colleges /University,they forget TT and take well paid jobs instead of dicing with TT football.It then becomes necessary to stick with the non college boys with less intelligence ;D,i hope people don't take this too serious,but seriously
didn't our best teams in the 70s and in the 90s was full of college boys,I could be wrong,I don't mean US colleges just our own colleges in TT.

Breds, I can't remember any any college player playing for the national senior team while in college. Some may have played for the U-19 team. But they usually play senior national team football when they finish college. Chinna, Nakhid, Leston Paul, Clayton Morris, Stern, Chaka, and a hosts of others I can't remember, played after college.

Yes, long ago there have been high school players who played for the men's team right out of school. That was the norm then.Kind of different now.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 04:41:18 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2019, 08:59:14 AM »
Frico, yes after graduation, if a well paying job presented itself, more than likely they take it, unless they have something in TT put aside for them.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 04:15:52 PM by Deeks »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2019, 07:06:24 AM »
Glad to hear it, I remember him being particularly good in his youth.

In terms of getting picked at college, the only one I can remember is Sean de Silva.

1]; } ?>