April 19, 2024, 03:14:24 AM

Author Topic: TNT vs the Associates  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TNT vs the Associates
« on: January 25, 2016, 01:02:54 AM »
Would it not be a great venture to see where this team stands vs different opposition ,other than the usual suspects .The government has invested millions of dollars in cricket over the years ,produced scores of players but we are not allowed to invite a team over for a friendly match ,that is undemocratic .
We are almost bonded so we are not allowed to play with anyone else .
It would be nice to test our players and see where the money is going ,we might be able to organize a half decent team .Even if we only use players not affiliated with any boards other than ours .
Heck we might not beat  Ireland or Afghanistan with our rejects but it would be a fun day at the oval for sure ,men like
Simmons
Lewis
Ottey
Big B
Polly
Emrit
Katawoo
Pooran
Hosein
Cariah
Cooper
Rampaul
Jagesar
Richards
Badree

I think even if we lose to associate teams the experience gained from playing a few teams from outside the region would do wonders for some of the guys .
And I suspect whatever. Venue host those games if promoted could be sold out .

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:14:11 AM by Quags »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TNT vs the Associates
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 04:54:53 PM »
Why TT can't arrange to play an associated team. JA has played Bermuda in the past. Is that some rule passed for the WI nations?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 09:23:58 PM »
Your guess is as good as mine Deeks , mere speculation if I try to answer why we can't play friendly games aginst outside nations .Ive never heard of such games ever being played .

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 04:39:26 AM »
Why TT can't arrange to play an associated team. JA has played Bermuda in the past. Is that some rule passed for the WI nations?

I recall there was a T20 invitational tournament at the QPO a few years back sponsored  by the ministry of sport. I believe it was in commemoration of our 50th Anniversary of independence. The invited teams were Barbados, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. We beat Barbados and Bangladesh but lost to Afghanistan. So I guess there isn't any rule prohibiting this.....just a question of funding and the will to make it happen.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:47:01 AM by Michael-j »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 05:13:00 PM »

I recall there was a T20 invitational tournament at the QPO a few years back sponsored  by the ministry of sport. I believe it was in commemoration of our 50th Anniversary of independence. The invited teams were Barbados, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. We beat Barbados and Bangladesh but lost to Afghanistan. So I guess there isn't any rule prohibiting this.....just a question of funding and the will to make it happen.

I don't see why it can't happen. It will be good for both the associates and the individual WI state team. It would not affect the anyone status as far as I can see. So you mean TT can't play Bermuda, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, BVI. That would be ridiculous.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 06:22:29 PM »

I have no problem with it.. The QPO will sure to be packed if the game involves at least some of our top players and advertised to the public ahead of time. Bring the same passion to the game like how people flooded the Oval to see the Red Steel.

Plus it gives us a way to measure T&T cricket team against other nations outside of the WI cricket region.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 06:23:58 PM »

If we get more and more people to request this to the TTCB I am sure it will happen.

1]; } ?>