April 28, 2024, 02:24:55 AM

Author Topic: ‘Warriors’ counting down to kickoff.  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
‘Warriors’ counting down to kickoff.
« on: November 10, 2005, 04:59:01 PM »
‘Warriors’ counting down to kickoff.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

National head coach Leo Beenhakker was set to have a full slate of fit players for his penultimate training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Thursday after the likes of Carlos Edwards, Silvio Spann and Chris Birchall were all back on their feet following some niggling injuries.
Beenhakker’s voice rose from time to time Thursday’s morning session as he led his team through an intense workout and from all indications, despite the sweltering heat, it was one of the more satisfactory rehearsals during the camp thus far.
The conditions for the team seemed to pose no problems as the players have been left in a relaxing state at the Crowne Plaza but not without fatigue following the intense sessions which is why Beenhakker has been stern on ensuring that the players utilize the break to rest in their respective rooms after lunch before the evening session which commences at 5:30pm. Team Doctor Terrence Babwah, trainer Wayne Lawson and physio Zeph Nicholas have also continued their routine checks on specific players with needs for treatment or massages.
The vibe has certainly picked up over the past two days with the influx of guests or business persons at the hotel have not given up on the chance to greet the players and wish them good luck but Beenhakker has obviously realized this and while he has not put a ban on the fans, he has reminded his players to not allow too much distractions ahead of the all important match.
For the departures of the team bus of every session so far, the traffic on Wrightson Road has notably slowed down and car horns have been blaring on every  sight of Dwight Yorke and his “Warriors”.
Fans have had to be turned away from the Stadium as well due to the request for closed door sessions by Beenhakker but none have built a pressure realizing that the experienced Dutchman must have his reasons for the closed up workouts.
One player who has certainly fitted back into the team after a four-month lay off has been American-based striker Cornell Glen who earned a recall for the playoffs. Much had been speculated over his axe recently but his spirit now by extentrepresents what the mood in the “Warriors” camp is less than 48 hours before kick off.
“Myself and the coach had a good chat on Tuesday and whatever differences I thought there may have been, I could say now that I’m seeing things clearer. He told me what the problem was and that it’s now up to me to do what is needed for the team and to play the football,” Glen told TTFF Media. “He spoke about it being all about the team and he didn’t have reasons to make much changes over the last few games because his focus was on building this team and that once I can do it now then he can see me as part of it.”
Glen will be keeping his hopes up to get into the squad which will don its new Adidas strip in Saturday’s showdown before Germany.
“I think generally the mood has been a very good one. Everyone is on the same track and wants to do the same thing. I don’t expect anything different,” Beenhakker told TTFF Media.
“It’s the same all the time and the fans who have given us fantastic support have every reason to be excited and behind the team. As I said I don’t think the time difference or the short space of time has been a problem or will turn out to be one because we have guys who are well experienced and prepared and have done it before playing in different parts like Japan and Australia,” Beenhakker said.
Yorke meantime said he was feeling fresh as ever and seemed pumped ahead going into the eve of the game.
“It’s without a doubt one of the biggest stages of our career if we can get to the World Cup  and countries like ours don’t get this opportunity as often as others.
It’s bigger than the Olympics and I’m really geared up for it and excited more than anyone else I think,” Yorke said.
Yorke also called for their to be order among the fans before during and after the game especially as there is expected to be a lot of hype around the purchasing of tickets on Friday.
“We are on display to the world. Let’s show them how much we can do and how well we can do it.”
The T&T team will have up until 10 am for breakfast on Friday and there will be the usual team talks during the course of the day and a final session will take place from 5:30 pm while Bahrain will have their run out on the pitch afterwards.
President Richards meets the Shaikhs.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

His Excellency the President George Maxwell Richards hosted visiting officials from Bahrain as well as FIFA Vice President Jack Warner and other TTFF officials at his official residence for dinner on Wednesday night.
The occasion was used by Richards to show solidarity between the two countries which will do battle on the pitch in Saturday’s 2006 World cup qualifying playoff match.
Bahrain’s Shaikh Fawaz Al-Khalifa, the country’s Sports Minister, Shaikh Ali Al-Khalifa, vice president of the Bahrain FA, Yousif Hassan Jassim, chairman of the Bahrain national teams committee as well as Mahmood Fakhro, director of coaching and  development for the Bahrain FA were part of the country’s contingent present.
Few specially invited guests including Minister of Sport Roger Boynes, TTFF General Secretary Richard Groden and other TTFF Executive Committee members and TTFF sponsors officials were on hand for the evening.
Richards, who has traveled to see the team in matches away to Costa Rica and Panama, was no doubt hoping for a T&T win on Saturday but expressed the desire to see an well contested match.
“I have heard a lot of the two teams in recent times and I can assure you that the game will not be an easy one. It will in fact be a well contested and enjoyable match for all,” Richards said.
Bahrain Sports Minister Al-Khalifa added “Our country is very proud of the achievements so far and it’s every little country’s dream, just like yours, to get to the World Cup. We expect a very good match and one which will go down in history without doubt. I think even in defeat, we can all be proud of the two teams. I can assure you that we have enjoyed very good hospitality in Trinidad and the 200 fans going to Bahrain for the next game can expect the same treatment from our people.”
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 07:51:42 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: ‘Warriors’ counting down to kickoff.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 05:07:09 PM »
don the new adidas kit befor germany

i kno we confident but is state,ents like dat that count the chickens befor they hatch

it cudv been don the new kit for the playoffs an it wuda be cool

but still

GO WARRIORS
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 05:28:18 PM »
Glen will fly pass them fellas like a hurricane.......

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 10:05:55 PM »
Adidas getting back their money worth in advertising in them 2 games alone we playing bahrain.

The world will be watching these 5 playoff games

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Countdown to Kickoff
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 07:42:09 AM »
                              Trinidad and Tobago Guardian

Carlos Edwards, Dennis Lawrence and Brent Sancho go through their drills at the Hasely
Crawford Stadium in preparation for tomorrow’s World Cup play-off against Bahrain.

National head coach Leo Beenhakker had a full slate of fit players for his penultimate training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday after the likes of Carlos Edwards, Silvio Spann and Chris Birchall were all back on their feet following some niggling injuries.

Beenhakker’s voice rose from time to time at yesterday’s session as he led his team through an intense workout. Despite the sweltering heat, it was one of the more satisfactory rehearsals during the camp.

Conditions seemed to pose no problems as the players were left to relax at the Crowne Plaza following the intense morning session.

Beenhakker advised his player to utilise the break to rest in their respective rooms after lunch before the evening session. Team doctor Terrence Babwah, trainer Wayne Lawson and physio Zeph Nicholas have also continued their routine checks on specific players who needed treatment or massages.

The mood continued to be upbeat and several guests at the hotel greeted the players and wished them good luck.

However, Beenhakker reminded his players that they must avoid too much distractions ahead of the all important match.

The team’s departure from the hotel has resulted in a noticeable slowing down of traffic on Wrightson Road and car horns have been blaring on every sight of Dwight Yorke and his ‘Warriors’.

Fans have been turned away from the Stadium as well due to the request for closed door sessions by Beenhakker.

One player who has certainly fitted back into the team after a four-month lay off is American-based striker Cornell Glen who earned a recall for the playoffs. There was quite a lot of speculation over his axe recently but his spirit today represents the mood in the camp.

“The coach and I had a chat on Tuesday and whatever differences there may have been, I could say now that I’m seeing things clearer. He told me what the problem was and that it is now up to me to do what is needed for the team,” Glen said. “He spoke about it being all about the team and he didn’t have reasons to make much changes over the last few games because his focus was on building this team and that once I can do it now then he can see me as part of it.”

Glen will be keeping his hopes up to get into the squad which will don its new Adidas strip in Saturday’s showdown before Germany.

“I think generally the mood has been a very good one. Everyone is on the same track and wants to do the same thing. I don’t expect anything different,” Beenhakker said.

Meanwhile, Skipper Yorke said he was feeling fresh as ever and seemed pumped ahead going into the eve of the game.

“It’s without a doubt one of the biggest stages of our career if we can get to the World Cup. Countries like ours don’t get this opportunity as often as others.”

Yorke also called for order among the fans before, during and after the game especially as there is expected to be a lot of hype around the purchasing of tickets today.

“We are on display to the world. Let’s show them how much we can do and how well we can do it.”

The T&T team will have up until 10 am for breakfast today and there will be the usual team talks during the course of the day and a final session will take place from 5:30 pm while Bahrain will have their run out on the pitch afterwards.

©2004-2005 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited
Designed by: Randall Rajkumar-Maharaj · Updated daily by: Sheahan Farrell

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 08:54:37 AM »
butterflies in my stomach.  wish i could be home but i will be there in spirit

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 09:04:51 AM »
butterflies in my stomach.  wish i could be home but i will be there in spirit
oh gawd for real boy.diarrhea start.ah does get shitings when ah nervous.i cannot sleep 2nite.is temple mosque and church for me 2nite.all god gettin they blessing.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>