March 29, 2024, 06:35:14 AM

Author Topic: Building a local team could be a step in the right direction.  (Read 11529 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Building a local team could be a step in the right direction.
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2017, 01:57:42 AM »
Lawrence pays close attention to home-based players.
TTFA Media.

The Senior Men’s Team will enter a live-in training camp from next Monday ahead of the upcoming 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Panama and Mexico but before that final roster of players assemble, head coach Dennis Lawrence and his staff will pay close attention to the form of the majority of home-based players in a couple final session heading into the weekend.

Lawrence and assistant coaches Sol Campbell and Stuart-Charles Fevrier resumed training on Thursday at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Thursday morning before Lawrence and his staff along with members of the team attended the funeral service of Nikela John, the deceased daughter of assistant coach Stern John.

And on Friday, Lawrence will lead his troops out at the Hasely Crawford Stadium for an evening session.

One of the home-based players who has been in training under Lawrence for the past fifteen sessions including the recent international friendly with Barbados is Hughtun Hector who explained on Wednesday that he was feeling at his best and ready to give his best efforts for Lawrence and the national team.

“Right now I can say that I feel great. I’ve been training and staying active and putting in the work based on the instructions of the coach and his assistants,” Hector told TTFA Media.

“We know there are the overseas-based players to come into the team next week and we are working towards having the best team available for the Panama and Mexico games. Right now we are putting in extensive work under Dennis and trying to ensure he has the best possible options when it comes to selecting his final squad.

“Coach has laid out his intentions and the manner in which he wants us to do things in training and in the games and we are working constantly on this in the sessions,” Hector added.

Meantime, the TTFA introduced its “March Madness” campaign with the addition of the two international women matches with T&T facing Venezuela on March 26th and 29th at Ato Boldon Stadium at 4pm and 7pm respectively .Tickets are priced at $100 (Adults) and $50 (children) and will be available on match days at the venues. Tickets for the two World Cup qualifiers for the men’s senior team are on sale at NLCB Lotto outlets nationwide. The early bird ticket period closes on Friday (March 17th) and tickets will then be priced at $350 (covered) and $200 (uncovered) from Saturday until March 28th.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2020, 01:10:55 PM »
Time to revisit.

Glad to see Fenwick is coach.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2020, 01:38:49 PM »
Time to revisit.

I would be for this, give the locals exposure to higher intensity than pro league, which is all I want, locals being exposed to high intensity play, might well be a precursor to introducing high intensity play to pro league and SSFL which is all I advocating, proper exposure the build the levels of player here if we are going to pursue the diaspora more aggressively, again I have no issue with that, I just want the structure put in place for locals to know understand and one day match what will be required going forward.
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2020, 07:59:47 PM »
Time to revisit.

I would be for this, give the locals exposure to higher intensity than pro league, which is all I want, locals being exposed to high intensity play, might well be a precursor to introducing high intensity play to pro league and SSFL which is all I advocating, proper exposure the build the levels of player here if we are going to pursue the diaspora more aggressively, again I have no issue with that, I just want the structure put in place for locals to know understand and one day match what will be required going forward.

But remember Lefty, the local have to step up their game. Terry does not have magic wand.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2020, 08:15:24 PM »
Time to revisit.

But remember Lefty, the local have to step up their game. Terry does not have magic wand.

dat is what ah saying, but d step up have to be encouraged at all levels, we cyah have pro league running ball at sunday league pace, then expect dem to make d step up jus so, it will not work, den local players will be complaining dey not gettin pick, all while nothing is being done to help dem meet d levels required, saw dat shit with hart and local players and coaches, doh want it repeated....again dais where I coming from.....I well aware that local ballers are inadequate from a technical and fitness POV, and yes dat eh Fenwick job, TTFA need to help plug dat gap, If d German fed could liaise with there leagues to build a common standard we can do it too
I pity the fool....

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2020, 11:32:35 AM »
Can't wait to see Fenwick's team.

Anyone knows he he currently have a team in training?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2020, 07:06:25 PM »
Time to revisit.

dat is what ah saying, but d step up have to be encouraged at all levels, we cyah have pro league running ball at sunday league pace, then expect dem to make d step up jus so, it will not work, den local players will be complaining dey not gettin pick, all while nothing is being done to help dem meet d levels required, saw dat shit with hart and local players and coaches, doh want it repeated....again dais where I coming from.....I well aware that local ballers are inadequate from a technical and fitness POV, and yes dat eh Fenwick job, TTFA need to help plug dat gap, If d German fed could liaise with there leagues to build a common standard we can do it too

The proleague is the key to the locals playing an up tempo game. Fenwick will not have the time to whip them into shape for international games. The clubs have to iniate that. The TTFA can only advise them on the importance of having fit players. Maybe TTFA could coordinate with the clubs to get multiple sponsors. They can't penalize the clubs for producing substandard players.. Thus, the TTFA will have to look to the foreign born Trini to fill that void. As far as I know TTFA used to do that  until dracula got hold of the association for 25 years and the football was all of the  f-----g place. It became a one man show.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 07:08:20 PM by Deeks »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2020, 09:23:50 PM »
I know I am wasting my valuable time right now taking this time to write a reply to this thing.

The question is: Is building a local team could be a step in the right direction . one has to ponder this question and consider a number of factors before answering it.

Factors to consider: How old should the players of this team be?

If you want to build this local team with players beyond the age of fourteen ..I say that would be a big waste of time.

Who should  be responsible for building this team?

If you say the name of any local coach whose name is already known to us..I say that would be a big waste of resources.

How would something like  that be paid for? 

If you say the same way things like that traditionally get paid for...I say that would be a big waste of money.

The preparation involved in putting forth a world class National team requires at least 14 yrs of sophisticated and scientific training and development of the players.

The Trinidad player develops in primary school leagues, amateur clubs with little knowledge of world class player development, and ofcourse the Colleges league.

The only place where the player gains some knowledge of the game is the Club..that's if the Coaches were former players themselves.

If the player is playing  meaningless competition ..the player is wasting his time and talent.

Competition does not and will never ..as long as the sun shines..can ever make a world class player.

If you say that the leagues of the old days produced the top players ..I say to you that it's the other way around ..those players made those leagues..they came to the leagues with their gifts and left the leagues with their gifts..by and large most of them didn't improve.( Recreational)

Meaningful , systematic , scientific and regularly organized planned training by the best Coaches over a span of 14yrs will produce the best players.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 09:27:09 PM by coache »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2020, 12:28:44 PM »
MLS players headline USMNT squad for Feb. 1 friendly vs. Costa Rica
By Jeff Carlisle U.S. soccer correspondent

U.S. men's national team manager Gregg Berhalter has announced his 22-player roster for next Saturday's friendly against Costa Rica (3:55 p.m. ET on ESPN News).

he match will take place at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif. The team has spent most of January at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla. after its original plans to hold the camp in Doha, Qatar were canceled.

Originally, 26 players were invited. FC Dallas midfielder Paxton Pomykal was forced to withdraw as he continues his rehabilitation from groin surgery he underwent back on Oct. 31. San Jose Earthquakes goalkeeper JT Marcinkowski returned to the San Jose Earthquakes while winger Jordan Morris and midfielder Cristian Roldan rejoined the Seattle Sounders ahead of the club's Concacaf Champions League campaign. The remaining players and staff are flying to the Los Angeles area this afternoon.

"It's been a good few weeks in Florida. The guys have worked hard and have made progress in all aspects of our game model," Berhalter said. "We'd like to thank Seattle Sounders and San Jose Earthquakes for their collaboration in releasing their players and wish them success at the start of their campaigns. We now turn our focus to preparing for Costa Rica and encouraging the players to take advantage of the opportunity and finish off the month with a positive result."

USMNT DETAILED ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals):

GOALKEEPERS (3): Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 8/0), Bill Hamid (D.C. United; 6/0), Matt Turner (New England Revolution; 0/0)

DEFENDERS (8.): Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy; 0/0), Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; 10/0), Chase Gasper (Minnesota United FC; 0/0), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 16/3), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; 0/0), Sam Vines (Colorado Rapids; 0/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 11/2)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Brenden Aaronson (Philadelphia Union; 0/0), Christian Cappis (Hobro/DEN; 0/0), Bryang Kayo (Unattached; 0/0), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 13/2), Brandon Servania (FC Dallas; 0/0), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes; 6/0)

FORWARDS (5): Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 32/5), Jesus Ferreira (FC Dallas; 0/0), Jonathan Lewis (Colorado Rapids; 5/0), Ulysses Llanez (Wolfsburg/GER; 0/0), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC; 55/12)

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2020, 04:05:52 PM »
Nice to see Fenwick implementing some of these pointers Flex wrote about.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2020, 04:55:38 PM »
Nice to see Fenwick implementing some of these pointers Flex wrote about.

Errol, what has Fenwick implemented? Do You mean using just using local players?

1]; } ?>