March 28, 2024, 08:09:25 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Grenada Game (19-Mar-2016)  (Read 14440 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Grenada Game (19-Mar-2016)
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2016, 07:00:20 PM »
Did Villaroel play on the right for Central versus MoBay? Or was that another regional commentator who lost the plot?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 08:58:23 AM »
Did Villaroel play on the right for Central versus MoBay? Or was that another regional commentator who lost the plot?

He played left back. He only plays on the left.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2016, 09:05:59 AM »

He played left back. He only plays on the left.

:beermug: Makes sense.

(btw, my next post will build on something we had an exchange about on another thread).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2016, 09:54:20 AM »
The shell: discuss.

Ah sitting patiently, waiting fuh trouble.  :devil:

(Not focused on the central defenders. That will resolve itself organically).

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2016, 03:23:35 PM »
Based on that shell:
CB - Hodge and Ettiene
10 - De Silva
9 - Winchester

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2016, 03:38:58 PM »
Phillips
Villaroel
Ettiene
Hodge
Cyrus
Hector
A. Jones
Joseph
Hyland
Williams
Winchester

I think that Hodge and Ettiene have probably been the best central defenders this season and hope to see them given a shout. I don't think that Alvin has nailed down his best position as yet but with George being out of action and Hart's affinity for big, athletic central midfielders, he has an opportunity to earn that spot.

Joseph would obviously play more as a 10. Its where he wants to play and with many players out of form, injured or now recovering, he should get his chance.

Garcia has been Central's best player so far in 2016 alongside Joseph. They have him operating similar to Kante at Leicester so it will be interesting to see if Hart would like to use him in the same position.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2016, 04:17:03 PM »
Yuh not skylarking at all :applause:. Buh we still have a few outstanding matters. Why the reluctance to play MJ as the 10 in that shell?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2016, 07:20:42 PM »
WATCH: Soca Warriors continue preparation for the friendly against Grenada. Midfielder Hughtun Hector talks about his return to the national team.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DNP4eNtTDX0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DNP4eNtTDX0</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2016, 09:02:32 PM »
Yuh not skylarking at all :applause:. Buh we still have a few outstanding matters. Why the reluctance to play MJ as the 10 in that shell?

Oh I saw you had him as AR and was under the impression that he couldn't move for the purpose of discussion. But if he can move then yeah put him as the 10.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2016, 03:09:14 AM »
Warriors off to Grenada.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart says he is heartened by the response of the new players who made their debut in the national team set up this week as preparations commenced for Saturday’s International Friendly with Grenada in St George’s.

Hart has conducted four sessions over two days so far and closed off preparations on Wednesday night at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium prior to the team’s scheduled departure on Thursday for St George’s for the encounter which kicks off at 8pm on Saturday at the National Athletic Stadium.

The players from Central FC joined the training camp on Tuesday after returning from Jamaica where they participated in the Caribbean Club Championship. Among them were Leston Paul, Marcus Joseph, Sean De Silva, Kevin Villaroeal, Andre Ettienne, Nathaniel Garcia, Jason Marcano and Marcus Joseph. Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland joined the camp on Wednesday.

Speaking about the preparations thus far, Hart said though he found some players to be a bit timid, it being their first time involved in a national team environment, he was generally pleased with their attitude and display.

“Actually  the training sessions have been quite good. The players have looked sharp. Everybody is always eager in the first couple sessions and I have to be a very careful the load isn’t too high. But we did some possession stuff, quick playing and overall I was impressed with their response” Hart told TTFA Media.

“There is a little bit shy especially around myself .They have to get accustomed to some of the demands. You can see them hesitating at times and the good thing is that the older players are pushing them on.”

Hart commented on the shoulder injury to Jan Michael Williams who will sit out the Grenada friendly. But further checks by the national team medical staff on Tuesday revealed that the injury is not as bad as first thought and the Central FC custodian is likely to be eligible for selection for the World Cup qualifiers against St Vincent/Grenadines on March 25th and 29th.

“It’s a little bit worrying but it’s the nature of football where players are going to get injured. It’s like a cliché because it gives the opportunity to other players but you also have to be careful because you want the right balance in the end,” Hart added.

Meantime, DirectTV W Connection midfielder Hughtun Hector is beginning to find is footing again and he spoke about his return to the national team following a ten-month lay off due to injury.

“It feels very good to be back in national colours because it’s been a while being out with injury for about ten months. It feels good also to be back playing with W Connection, a club I have been playing with since I was 17. I spent five years outside and now it’s a joy to be back with them trying to help the club qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League,” Hector said.

“My first 90 minutes was with W Connection in the Club Championship a couple weeks ago and I was a bit nervous and uneasy at first but once I got into my rhythm I realized everything was okay and it was easier to play my natural game from then on,” added the former Vietnam-based player.

Tickets for the T&T versus St Vincent World Cup qualifier on March 29th are presently available for purchase. Tickets are priced at $300 for the covered section and $150 for the uncovered section of the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

These tickets can now be purchased at Sports and Games outlets nationwide, Kenny’s Sports (nationwide), Sportway at Ellerslie Plaza and Gulf City, Fan Zone at Centre City Mall in Chaguanas, Ramsingh’s Sportworld in Couva and Heritage Sports, Scarborough Tobago Tickets can also be purchased online via the TTFA’s official website – TTFootball.Org.

Videos -

Senior Men's Team start preparations for Grenada Friendly

Hector's Happy to Be Back - Warriors get Ready for Grenada Friendly

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United).

Defenders

Alvin Jones (W Connection), Andre Ettienne (Central FC), Tristan Hodge (W Connection), Jamali Garcia (Defence Force), Kevon Villaroeal (Central FC), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Elijah Belgrave (Police FC), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force).

Midfielders

Sean De Silva (Central FC), Jomal Williams (W Connection), Nathaniel Garcia (Central FC), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Akeem Humphrey (Club Sando), Jason Marcano (Central FC), Leston Paul (Central FC), Khaleem Hyland (KVC Westerlo/BEL).

Forwards

Shahdon Winchester (W Connection), Jerwyn Balthazar (Defence Force), Makesi Lewis (Police FC), Marcus Joseph (Central FC).

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 03:11:07 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2016, 07:05:42 AM »
Based on that shell:
CB - Hodge and Ettiene
10 - De Silva
9 - Winchester

I agree that these 9 and 10 choices would be consistent with conventional wisdom.  Came to the same conclusion as a "reasonably supportable" option ... BUT, there are reservations because the combination lacks certain qualities.

For one, if Cummings were available, we would likely not be discussing one of the elements. Ent?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2016, 07:12:09 AM »
Cummings had cemented himself on the first team already so definitely under these circumstances, that 10 spot was his to lose.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2016, 07:13:26 AM »
Big squad Hartie !!!!

Bull them hard T&T.

Sam, by now yuh woulda call yuh Starting XI. Gi we something nah.

Ah woulda take ah chance with this squad.

Williams
Villaroeal
Ettienne
Belgrave
Gonzales
Marcano
Jomal
De Silva
Jones
Winchester
Lewis

Ah woulda like to see Natan Lewis on de side, but ah know we cah call everybody one time.

Share the memo.  :devil:

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2016, 07:50:05 AM »
Ah wonder how come Corbin fall off Hartie radar?
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2016, 07:52:34 AM »
Ah wonder how come Corbin fall off Hartie radar?

Corbin fall off he own radar.

Not Hartie.

De players head f00cked up.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2016, 10:41:24 AM »
In this day and age we should be seeing all games live in NA and the U.K., there is no excuse for that, the ttfa want support and to bring back fans and money to the national team but I guarantee you will catch your ass to see this game...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2016, 03:26:44 PM »
Jamali relishes new ‘Warrior’ experience
TTFA Media

Newly selected defender on the National Team Jamali Garcia is buzzing over his call up for Saturday’s International Friendly versus Grenada at the National Athletic Stadium in St George’s.

Garcia and the rest of the team departed Port of Spain on Thursday night and will return on Sunday following which the final squad selected for the 2018 World Cup qualifier versus St Vincent and the Grenadines will then depart for Kingston on Wednesday.

Garcia is among several players who received their first call up to the National Senior team by Hart. He expressed a sense of honour after spending his first four days in training with the National Team.

“It’ been a different level compared to the club level. It’s more intense and faster. I was very enthusiastic coming into it

“Coach broke it up into parts for us. He explained to us what he wanted and the level he wanted it at. And I think the new guys like myself were able to settle in and give it one hundred percent. It’s really a boost for us to come into this level of preparation and then go back to our clubs with hopefully a new edge,” the Defence Force player told TTFA Media on Wednesday.

“This call up means everything to me. I’ve always aspired to play for the national team and is a goal I set myself from very early. Now that I am here I just want to keep on working and hopefully be able to get a recall and cement a spot in the future,” the 23-year-old from Diego Martin added.

Hart himself has been left encouraged by the willingness to work and improve from the players.

“It’s been fantastic. I know it is a new time for a lot of the boys but they came through it quite well. They grew each day and this is something positive for us. Of course heading into the game is different and we will see what happens on game day but we will monitor their progress and the senior guys are already accustomed to this kind of situation which hopefully could aid the process for the somewhat newer players on the team,” Hart said.

The match kicks off at 8pm on Saturday. Grenada is preparing for their Caribbean Cup qualifier with Sint Maarten on March 22nd while the “Warriors” are gearing up for the two back to back World Cup qualifiers with the Vincentians on March 25th in Kingstown and at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on March 29th at 7pm.

Hart  also disclosed that Danish-based defender Radanfah Abu Bakr has been ruled out of the two qualifying matches due to leg muscle injury sustained while on club duty.

“We got the news that Radanfah will not make it after picking up an injury. It’s not good news for us but of course we will not let this turn into a worrying situation because there are other players in the team that can carry on the job for us. We already have a couple other injury concerns which hopefully will not get worse than it is,” Hart said.  “Our build up continues as usual and we will stay focused on the task ahead of us.”***

Tickets for the T&T versus St Vincent World Cup qualifier on March 29th are presently available for purchase. Tickets are priced at $300 for the covered section and $150 for the uncovered section of the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

These tickets can now be purchased at Sports and Games outlets nationwide, Kenny’s Sports (nationwide), Sportway at Ellerslie Plaza and Gulf City, Fan Zone at Centre City Mall in Chaguanas, Ramsingh’s Sportworld in Couva and Heritage Sports, Scarborough Tobago Tickets can also be purchased online via the TTFA’s official website – TTFootball.Org. Patrons are advised that no coolers or bottles will be allowed into the match venue on game day. Gates open at 4pm.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:52:21 PM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2016, 04:56:59 PM »
T&T have plenty Garcia's on the field now.

Levi, Nathaniel, Jamali, Judah and Akeem

Hopefully, we don't see Chris Garcia emerge...

;D

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 11:32:38 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2016, 12:25:50 AM »
...or else it will be Chutney Bacchanal  ;D

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2016, 07:19:15 AM »

;D

:rotfl:

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 11:33:02 AM by Flex »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2016, 09:27:44 AM »

;D

:beermug:

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 11:33:24 AM by Flex »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2016, 04:23:40 AM »
Hart wants strong showing versus Grenada.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men, inclusive of several first timers, will be looking to stamp their authority on Caribbean opponents Grenada when both teams meet in an international friendly at the National Athletic Stadium in St George’s at 8pm.

The T&T team arrived n St George’s around 10pm on Thursday night,.

Head Coach Stephen Hart has laid out his intentions heading into the match, explaining what his expectations are as it relates to easing some of his players onto the international stage. But he is aware that the two upcoming 2018 World Cup qualifiers against St Vincent and the Grenadines is top of the agenda and therefore a close eye will be kept on first squad regulars  Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland, defender Daneil Cyrus and goalkeeper Marvin Phillip. But the home-based players will also be pressing for selection on the final World Cup squad for the qualifiers later this month. And Hart is keen to see what they can produce.

“Well it will be the typical sort of game, My concern in a game like this is how we play and how we control the game,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“Of course we want to win the game but I would be very disappointed if we play poorly, not doing what we are supposed to do and come away with a result, I will much prefer that we play well, we try to play a game like we are away from home, dominate the ball, dictate the entire game and get the result,” Hart added.

Two of the surviving players from past T&T Youth teams that played at the 2007 and 2009 FIFA Youth World Cups, Leston Paul and Sean De Silva are among those earning a recall from Hart. And both players are eager about the chance to show their worth during a World Cup qualifying year.

“It is a great honour again to represent Trinidad and Tobago. I’ve been able to do this at two youth World Cups and also get a couple call ups to the senior team before. The sessions we have had so far have been fantastic and we are really looking forward to this game against Grenada. It’s great for young players who are aspiring to play with the more senior players in the World Cup campaign. This gives them motivation and something to work towards,” De Silva stated on Wednesday.

“I expect a tough, physical game. Grenada has a couple players who play in the Pro League here so they will be familiar with our style of play,” De Silva added.

“The preparations were good, especially considering there were a lot of local guys involved, all trying to follow the coach’s instructions and work towards doing well for the country.

“it’s always a good feeling to be back after being away from the squad for a bit. I just come in and work as hard as I can. It’s up to the coach to make his decisions but football is a team sport but even though I’m not in the team, someone else is there trying to work and do well for the country at the same time which is what is important,” Paul said.

These tickets can now be purchased at Sports and Games outlets nationwide, Kenny’s Sports (nationwide), Sportway at Ellerslie Plaza and Gulf City, Fan Zone at Centre City Mall in Chaguanas, Ramsingh’s Sportworld in Couva and Heritage Sports, Scarborough Tobago Tickets can also be purchased online via the TTFA’s official website – TTFootball.Org.

Video: - Hart wants strong showing in Grenada Game

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2016, 12:11:46 PM »
 Ah boy!! :applause:  Game today!! :applause:

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2016, 03:58:34 PM »
Any update on a feed for dis game???  To meh non-waggonist colleagues on here

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2016, 05:01:02 PM »
anything ??..radio ??...a twitter ??..updates ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2016, 05:09:58 PM »
Dis real depressing dat a supporter forum doh even have an ounce of dialogue about a game dat is actually on

Offline panterry1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2016, 05:20:45 PM »
Dis real depressing dat a supporter forum doh even have an ounce of dialogue about a game dat is actually on
I agree.  I'm looking.  don't see anything. 

Offline panterry1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2016, 05:35:02 PM »
8pm

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2016, 06:08:05 PM »
starting line up ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2016, 06:09:32 PM »
Marvin Phillip
Jamali Garcia
Elijah Belgrave
Daneil Cyrus
Tristan Hodge
Hughtun Hector
Leston Paul
Sean De Silva
Jomal Williams
Jerwyn Balthazar
Shahdon Winchester