April 18, 2024, 10:55:19 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Uruguay Game (27-May-2016)  (Read 33071 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Uruguay Game (27-May-2016)
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2016, 03:20:57 PM »

This will be a goo test for our team. I want to see our players approach this game with the mindset to show the world why T&T will be missed at the Copa Centeranio. Put on a good show that will leave people saying "this team could have caused damage at Copa"  :)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2016, 04:02:06 PM »

This will be a goo test for our team. I want to see our players approach this game with the mindset to show the world why T&T will be missed at the Copa Centeranio. Put on a good show that will leave people saying "this team could have caused damage at Copa"  :)
or get damaged..................crickets...............

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2016, 04:03:31 PM »

I believe my team would put up a good performance and leave a good impression.

You remind me of some who said Argentina would have beaten us by 10 goals only to find themselves very quiet after the game.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2016, 02:29:19 AM »

You remind me of some who said Argentina would have beaten us by 10 goals only to find themselves very quiet after the game.
mate we were recently beaten out by a second string Haitian team to one of the most prestigious tournaments in the americas,  so what does that tell you? we are a work in progress and not yet the finish product by a country mile.

and our trip to Argentina wasn't anything spectacular or eye opening either, in fact it was nothing short of a disaster, just ask coach hart. Have you forgotten that we defended for 90 minutes and the score line could have told a different tale had it not been for jan Williams between the sticks who pull off some incredable saves to spare us the embarrassment?

I love my team just as much as you but let's not get beside ourselves with the little graces that we have been receiving. As coach hart told the lads, we haven't done anything of significances as of yet.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2016, 08:00:32 AM »

mate we were recently beaten out by a second string Haitian team to one of the most prestigious tournaments in the americas,  so what does that tell you? we are a work in progress and not yet the finish product by a country mile.

and our trip to Argentina wasn't anything spectacular or eye opening either, in fact it was nothing short of a disaster, just ask coach hart. Have you forgotten that we defended for 90 minutes and the score line could have told a different tale had it not been for jan Williams between the sticks who pull off some incredable saves to spare us the embarrassment?

I love my team just as much as you but let's not get beside ourselves with the little graces that we have been receiving. As coach hart told the lads, we haven't done anything of significances as of yet.

You need to get off the panic button. Calm yourself down. If you actually believe the game against Argentina was nothing short of a disaster then you were watching another game.

The team is doing very well. We have a good combination of players, some players with with very good individual skill and some players have improved over the last few years. It is clear the team now has better chemistry and cohesion as well. Take a deep breath, relax...The team will play well against Uruguay.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:13:41 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2016, 08:41:11 AM »

URUGUAY UP NEXT*
Hart gives Soca Warriors top marks

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160330/sports/uruguay-up-next

STEPHEN HART wants to build on Tuesday’s encouraging performance when the Trinidad and Tobago senior men’s national football team travels to South America to take on Uruguay in its next assignment, a friendly international on May 27 in Montevideo.

The T&T men’s senior team head coach is rarely impressed, but he was on Tuesday night when the Soca Warriors ran rings around St Vincent and the Grenadines in World Cup qualifying and won 6-0 at Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo. Hart rated the first-half performance as one of the best by the Warriors since under his care. “Two good halves put together. There are still a few things defensively we can keep working on,” Hart said. “But I thought overall it was the best two performances, first and second-half, we have played for a long time.”

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2016, 08:46:14 AM »

You need to get off the panic button. Calm yourself down. If you actually believe the game against Argentina was nothing short of a disaster then you were watching another game.

The team is doing very well. We have a good combination of players, some players with with very good individual skill and some players have improved over the last few years. It is clear the team now has better chemistry and cohesion as well. Take a deep breath, relax...The team will play well against Uruguay.

Interesting to see you in this role lol

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2016, 01:52:47 PM »

Anyone else feel we should have a friendly before the May 27th game against Uruguay? Maybe put together a game against a regional team to test our local based players, so the coaching staff can evaluate which players deserve a call up with the foreign based players for the Uruguay clash.

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2016, 01:55:42 PM »
I'm sure we can add another big team not playing during that time *cough cough*  Netherlands .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2016, 02:34:46 PM »

Anyone else feel we should have a friendly before the May 27th game against Uruguay? Maybe put together a game against a regional team to test our local based players, so the coaching staff can evaluate which players deserve a call up with the foreign based players for the Uruguay clash.

I think we should have one next month.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2016, 04:36:16 PM »
I'm sure we can add another big team not playing during that time *cough cough*  Netherlands .

That is not a cough that is a choke.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2016, 03:53:23 PM »
With such massive interest in the encounter at the historic venue, the TTFA is in the process of trying to arrange a charter-flight for supporters wishing to witness the match live. Further information on this will be available to the public in due course. The game is also falling inside of a long weekend with Thursday May 26th being Corpus Christi and Indian Arrival Day being celebrated on Monday May 30th - TTFA

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2016, 07:01:09 PM »
With such massive interest in the encounter at the historic venue, the TTFA is in the process of trying to arrange a charter-flight for supporters wishing to witness the match live. Further information on this will be available to the public in due course. The game is also falling inside of a long weekend with Thursday May 26th being Corpus Christi and Indian Arrival Day being celebrated on Monday May 30th - TTFA

Further information on this will be available to the public in due course the fullness of time.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Uraguay Charter
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2016, 12:51:45 PM »
Any further details on this ?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2016, 08:24:30 AM »
How can I get tickets for this game. I am going. from TTFA?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2016, 08:55:05 AM »
How can I get tickets for this game. I am going. from TTFA?

http://www.abitab.com.uy/innovaportal/v/14701/12/abitab/uruguay-vs-trinidad-y-tobago

I think you owe me a ticket. :devil:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2016, 09:13:51 AM »
There is history in this very historic stadium. This very first WC final was played there. That is kind of cool.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2016, 06:27:48 AM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2016, 09:29:55 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2016, 09:54:01 AM »
Thanks for posting that Tallman. Tried without success.

Prevailing exchange rate $1US = ~ 30+ Uruguayan pesos. (To put the ticket prices in context). And, despite the $ sign, the currency referenced on the flyer is pesos, not USD.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:57:04 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2016, 11:43:24 AM »
imagine one of our warriors get bite nah...'Suarez wuh de ass wrong with you jeddd, yuh on shit!'  :D
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2016, 09:40:08 AM »
MATCH OFFICIALS.

The referees for this encounter are Argentine.

Darío Herrera
Iván Núñez (assistant)
Cristian Navarro (assistant)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2016, 10:25:06 AM »

Further information on this will be available to the public in due course the fullness of time.

;D

Today is the 15th of May, I guess dey eh bothering with the charter??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2016, 10:26:13 AM »

:shameonyou:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2016, 01:29:45 PM »

:shameonyou:

No pun was intended.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2016, 02:26:05 PM »

I want eveyone to take note I made this comment BEFORE the team was selected eh  :)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2016, 02:30:13 PM »

Boi seeing this team could only get one shot on the Peru game for 60 mins, ah hope we could  get two against Uruguay. Imagine ah have to beg for two shots on goal steupse

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2016, 08:33:43 PM »

and may i remind that you also said this mr sando prince, and wanted to take my head off for being objective.

1]; } ?>