March 28, 2024, 12:05:34 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Uruguay Game (27-May-2016)  (Read 32766 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thread for T&T vs Uruguay Game (27-May-2016)
« on: March 08, 2016, 06:39:01 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago secures international friendly with Uruguay on May 27th
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association is pleased to announce that it has secured an International Friendly for this country’s Senior Men’s Team against the Uruguay Senior Men’s Team carded for May 27th in Montevideo.

The game against the team currently ranked 11th in the world by FIFA was finalized following initial discussions led by TTFA President David John Williams.

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart, who spoke previously of the importance of T&T playing a top quality international opponent during the said period, expressed his satisfaction with the fixture.

“This is a definitely the kind of match we were looking for during the period in May,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“Following our next two World Cup qualifiers, there is a bit of a break before we resume in September and not going to the Copa America means that we would need to set up our own matches and this match against Uruguay is be a very good exercise and a quality test for us,” Hart said.

“Playing in Montevideo is also the kind of experience our players need, particularly those who may not always be exposed to these type of conditions. We’ve all heard of how difficult it is to play in Uruguay which makes this opportunity even more worthwhile for us in the midst of our qualifying campaign,” Hart said.

TTFA President John Williams was also delighted to confirm the encounter.

“We know how important it is to secure matches against top quality opposition and we feel very satisfied about being able to get this match arranged against Uruguay, a team that is as high as eleventh in the world today. They will be heading into the Copa America and of course they have a rich history as well. This was just a case of us doing our job to ensure that the national team of Trinidad and Tobago receives this sort of timely opportunity in its continuing quest to go forward on the international football stage,” John-Williams said.

Uruguay have won the Copa America a record fifteen times, most recently in 2011. They have won the FIFA World Cup on two occasions in 1930 and 1950, appearing in twelve World Cups.

They are currently second to Ecuador on the South American World Cup qualifying table ahead of the likes of Argentina, Brazil and Colombia. So far they have defeated Bolivia, Chile and Colombia (3-0), suffering a 2-1 loss to Ecuador. Their next World Cup qualifier is against Brazil on March 25th.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:23:36 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for T&T vs Uruguay Game (27-May-2016)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 06:42:54 PM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on T&T vs Uruguay game on the 27th of May 2016 in Montevideo will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Glenroy Samuel (North East Stars).

Defenders

Daneil Cyrus (W-Connection), Alvin Jones (W-Connection), Yohance Marshall (Murcielagos FC/Mexico), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa/Costa Rica), Radanfah Abu Bakr (HB Koge/Denmark), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Andre Ettienne (Central FC), Tristan Hodge (W-Connection), Weslie John (CD Universidad de El Salvador).

Midfielders

Khaleem Hyland (KVC Westerlo/Belgium), Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge), Hughtun Hector (W-Connection), Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar/Netherlands), Sean De Silva (Central FC), Leston Paul (Central FC), Jomal Williams (W-Connection), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh).

Forwards

Willis Plaza (Unattached), Shahdon Winchester (W-Connection), Makesi Lewis (Police FC).

Coach - Stephen Hart.

Uruguay Squad

Goalkeepers

To be updated.

Defenders

To be updated.

Midfielders

To be updated.

Forwards

To be updated.

Coach - To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:53:51 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Muy bien. It appears that DJW wasn't merely taking pics with Tokyo Sexwale at the FIFA Congress. :devil:

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lol like they get vex with my post..

Good stuff, hope to see another game added , hopefully at home in Trinidad at the start of June.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Good job by the TTFA. Give credit when credit is due.

This will be a good test for T&T as we are in the middle of WC qualification campaign.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Nicely done  DJW  for getting  such a  game  and against a high  profile team  as uruguay....  well done ...... after all  mr president  DJW  you'll get yuh compliment as due   congrats  again ..  !!   leh meh toast yuh for dat ... cheers  :beermug:  ah hope yuh ain't vex  wid we here no more :)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The best we will get for the summer.. considering what happened on Jan 8th. That still bothering meh.

I sense we might get a friendly with another  Conmebol team. Maybe even uefa.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The best we will get for the summer.. considering what happened on Jan 8th. That still bothering meh.

I sense we might get a friendly with another  Conmebol team. Maybe even uefa.

Won't be surprised if it's Venezuela. They play Jamaica in the Copa and they probably will want a carribean team to warm up against. Plus the proximity won't hurt.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
keep it up TTFA and DJW; no interviews just press releases showing your work. Let the Coach and players do interviews, you handle all the planning, logistics and get the resources. The product is the players, the players playing games and winning will make you a success not interviews.

Produce so much that they will be chasing your for interviews and then you can have real arrogance and say "no comment" with a smile

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Good going by the TTFA, hopefully, we can get another two quality games for the summer.

We have not just the WCQ's to look forward too but the Caribbean Cup (Gold Cup qualification). It would be nice to win the Caribbean Cup once again.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Uruguay Game (27-May-2016)
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 06:23:45 AM »
Respect !!

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good going by the TTFA, hopefully, we can get another two quality games for the summer.

We have not just the WCQ's to look forward too but the Caribbean Cup (Gold Cup qualification). It would be nice to win the Caribbean Cup once again.

Yeas...T&T have not won the Cup in more than 15 years.. hmmm

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile

That will be very good, the first prize I think is about US $120k??

And with Gianni Infantino in power, it could go up, because he promised CONCACAF more for votes.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:16:01 AM by Star Child »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i am absolutely positive that uraguay was the ones who contacted us and not the other way around. is it any surprise that we got a game again a team in jamaica's group at the copa?

they play jamaica and everyone who plays either of us both benefits by getting quality friendlies ala england jamaica at wembly 2006.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
i am absolutely positive that uraguay was the ones who contacted us and not the other way around. is it any surprise that we got a game again a team in jamaica's group at the copa?

they play jamaica and everyone who plays either of us both benefits by getting quality friendlies ala england jamaica at wembly 2006.

Exactly.. My David most likely didn't arrange this.. He was approached

So let's see what he can if he is not approached

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 05:42:23 PM »
you guys should try beat Burrell to the punch and secure a practice game vs Brazil as well...they are looking for opponents to prepare for Haiti at the Copa.  I see Uruguay are not taking Jamaica lightly this time also.  Burrel said negotiations are under way for a practice game JA vs Bra

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 05:00:41 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CmirH6nXPVE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CmirH6nXPVE</a>

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 05:01:18 AM by Flex »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 11:18:10 AM »
Wish we could get Nathan Redmond for this game.

;D

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Smh...............you really cannot please Trinis atall.  The last two posts are shameful.  Allyuh overdoing it now
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Smh...............you really cannot please Trinis atall.  The last two posts are shameful.  Allyuh overdoing it now

Man is Controversial yuh talking about, like yuh aint get d memo or wha?  :D

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
However it happen I am thankful
It's another opportunity to see my Warriors progress
Give thanks

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

So allyuh like taking anything yuh get? Yuh hard up?

Make sense out of nonsense..

Sando prince is the last person that should own his mouth, everything he wa preaching was bull, David jamming people hard and Sandro laughing like everything good..

Real fools back home in power oui.. And even bigger fools supporting this nonsense and are blind to what is really happening

Ignorance is bliss for you Sando

Wake up Andre...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:40:11 AM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

So mr 3000, did David proactively get this friendly or was he approached and was reactive instead?

Answer that Breds... And with certainty please

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

How much money has been allocated to TT football by the current government? And how much money has David raised since taking the post?

Please enlighten us?

No evasion or side steeping please...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

All the CONMEBOL teams placed in groups with caribbean teams in the upcoming Copa are looking to secure practice games to prepare for the physical, unpredictable game played by the caribbean teams. I posted in another post, the JFF are in communication with BRAZIL to arrange a game for them to prepare for Haiti..this was announced last week for a game to be played in the US.  I am sure either of Costa Rica or Honduras will get a game with Argentina to prepare them for Panama who is in their group.  USA has already arranged to bring Bolivia to the US for a warm up game as well.

Caribbean teams tend to be physical and unpredictable...Jamaica, with better finishers and more composure could have beaten Uruguay or even tied Argentina and Paraguay at the last COPA...we saw also what caribbean teams did at the last Gold Cup. Caribbean football is on the rise.

I am of the opinion that Panama...of all the CONCACAF teams will spring a major surprise in the upcoming games. They have a good mix of good physical players...and they are slightly more technical than the Caribbean teams at the moment. IMO.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:10:25 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile

So mr 3000, did David proactively get this friendly or was he approached and was reactive instead?

I dont understand the point here.  Whether he proactively got the friendly or was approached........what is the point you are trying to prove? 

The report said that the game was finalized after talks led by DJW.  It is not my concern to try to find out who initiated the talks.  Hart wanted some high profile friendlies in May and i am happy that he got one. 

Stop letting your political bias dictate every response. 

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

I dont understand the point here.  Whether he proactively got the friendly or was approached........what is the point you are trying to prove? 

The report said that the game was finalized after talks led by DJW.  It is not my concern to try to find out who initiated the talks.  Hart wanted some high profile friendlies in May and i am happy that he got one. 

Stop letting your political bias dictate every response. 

I'm not trying to prove anything but voice my opinion and displeasure with the leadership of the ttfa. Initially led by David could also be a twist of the actual truth, it could mean he initially led the talks after being approached by the foreign fed.

As you saw in another article his treatment of Walkes and members of the fed having doubts about their decision because David cares about David and W connection. The national team is 2nd, hence the reason we are spectators for the copa, he was reactive when the players almost striked because of his negligence. It affected our players and ultimately led to our not qualifying.

He's supposed to organize big friendlies for our team, it's part of his mandate, no need to thank him, that's why the constitution was re written and elections held. People are praising him like if we should be happy he's actually doing something, remove yourself from that previous mentality of what we had in the past. He needs to perform, so far I am not seeing the private sector coming on board, nor the government. David is not performing well thus far.

Securing one friendly doesn't absolve him at all, we have another period in our window that he needs to get quality friendlies for us, let's see if he performs.

This is not political, if it was political, why did I say we were better off with Tim kee instead? You're not making any damn sense and buying into whatever they feed you from ttfa media. It will always be slanted in their favour.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 11:19:26 AM by Controversial »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is their a thread up for this game? I think this is our next game for the senior team.

edit: I noticed the thread title changed after my comment  :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:43:41 PM by Sando prince »

1]; } ?>