March 28, 2024, 09:19:49 AM

Author Topic: Nathan Lewis Thread.  (Read 5426 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Nathan Lewis Thread.
« on: March 17, 2016, 03:15:16 AM »
Jeffrey wants Lewis in Soca Warriors friendly squad.
T&T Guardian Reports.

KEITH JEFFREY, headcoach of San Juan Jabloteh, is questioning the omission of his striker Nathan Lewis from a mostly locally-based Soca Warriors squad for a March 19 friendly international away to Grenada as T&T resumes its Concacaf Semifinal Round 2018 World Cup preparations.

The match versus Grenada is the lone warm-up for T&T which will next face St Vincent & The Grenadines on March 25 in St Vincent and then March 29 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo in their next two matches before meeting Guatemala and USA in their remaining matches.

Lewis, in his first season with the club after moving from Morvant Caledonia United  has quickly grown into a San Juan Jabloteh home favourite after just two games at the Barataria Recreation Ground. Now with ten goals on the season and six in his last four matches, the 25-year-old Lewis came in for some praises from his Jeffrey after the win.

“Out of the 22 players on the field he (Lewis) was a total standout tonight (Saturday), and his s pace and movement destroyed Army,” stated Jeffrey

The Jabloteh coach said he was disappointed that Lewis was not selected among a 22-man squad, mainly made up of locally based players, by Soca Warriors coach Stephen Hart for an upcoming friendly international against Grenada on March 19. “I am so disappointed and can’t understand you’re picking a local national team and no Nathan Lewis. He has been excellent all season, not just tonight. (Jerwyn) Balthazar was among the 22 players on the field tonight and was absent because of the speed of the game. Balthazar at age 33 was selected on the national team. I don’t understand it, leave Balthazar on the national Futsal team!” stated an upset Jeffrey.

The Jabloteh coach also called on Hart to have more faith in local players and that more top national team opponents must be provided to help local players improve for the international stage.

“We are not giving the local guys the regular international exposure,” said the Jabloteh coach. “We have to get the right opponents on a regular basis to help develop our players for the international stage, we have no excuse.

He also pointed out that Jamaica national team manages to attract quality opponents on a regular basis to keep their players in good competitive sharpe on a regular basis and ask T&T is not doing the same . “This Pro League is very good and I am proud of this league and great work of the local coaches.

For instance Club Sando recently got four Grenada national team players and those players aren’t mastering our league. It’s time national team coaches really start having faith in the local players who just need consistent international level play.”

Jeffrey also welcomes the two-week break to facilitate T&T's preparation for the Grenada friendly and World Cup qualifiers against St. Vincent and the Grenadines before the Pro League resumes on the weekend of April 1-3.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:08:12 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jeffrey wants Lewis in Soca Warriors friendly squad.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 03:31:30 AM »
This nonsense again..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 04:40:25 AM »
Steupps

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 06:15:52 AM »
it hard for us to judge the situation. I have not seen anything of Nathan. And we hardly see games of Jabloteh. Nothing wrong with a coach pushing his player for national team. Question to the homies. Is Nathan a potential striker that can make the team?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:30:40 AM by Deeks »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 06:37:22 AM »
it hard for us to judge the situation. I have not seen anything of Nathan. And we hardly see games of Jabloteh. Nothing wrong with a coach pushing his player for national team. Question to the homies. Is Nathan a potential striker that can make the team?

This is fine, but singling out Balthazar was uncalled for.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 07:01:42 AM »

Nathan is arguably the most inform winger in the league. Very surprising that he wasn't selected but Jeffrey statements real distasteful.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 07:51:26 AM »
While he have a little point about de age difference with Balthazar being 33,,,, is de way he handling he self getting meh vex.

Hart cant see everybody in one shot.

Nathan time go come, de kid ok, but he time go come.

Is not Hart responsibility to books games, de TTFA have to do that, once they get more games outside de FIFA date, more players go get chance, but Jeffrey picking on de wrong man, he should call de TTFA.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 08:07:44 AM »
Balthazar is an easy target for Jeffrey because of Balthazar's age ( indeed, he doesn't hide that).

Easy target, but misapplied powder ... Makesi Lewis looks to be a good finisher and a viable target player (not basing this on stats). Winchester's inclusion is beyond reproach. So too Joseph's.

Balthazar can operate as an attacking mid, is a good header of the ball etc. ... but the main point is that his qualities are not category by category the same fit as the qualities Nathan Lewis arguably has. So the "beef" should not be with Balthazar's particular inclusion. Easy target, misapplied powder.

Speaking of Nathans ... This Grenada game (and opportunities like it) present a platform for a look at Nathan Regis!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 09:47:13 AM »
The little game Hart gets he have to do everything and see everyone with it.

The main picture is the TTFA need to give Hart more games to see more players.

Easy like that.

Jeffrey barking up the wrong tree.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 10:33:46 AM »
Can't blame Hart... The ttfa hasn't organized a ton of games... But i noticed no jab players in the squad, so his gripe could also be about equal representation in selection

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »
A good coach will fight for his players. Nothing wrong with that. A telephone call to Hart would have been a better route to take than a public outcry. Trying to embarrass the Coach publicly by mentioning a 33 year old just would not cut it. Time and Place Jeffrey, and it is not what you say but how you say it.
 Remember- Context.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jabloteh star Nathan Lewis shot.
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 03:12:18 AM »
Jabloteh star Nathan Lewis shot.
T&T Newsday Reports.

ACE SAN Juan Jabloteh footballer Nathan Lewis is currently recuperating at home after he was shot in his shoulder, during a drive-by shooting in his native Maloney early Saturday morning.

In a report on local sports website Wired 868.com yesterday, the 26-year-old Lewis, who netted 12 goals during the 2015-2016 TT Pro League season, was hit after he and a group of friends were ambushed by assailants from an unidentified vehicle at around 1 am, following a game at the Maloney Indoor Sports Arena.

Lewis, who made his national debut earlier this year, is the second Trinidad and Tobago footballer to receive a gunshot wound, within the past 12 months.

Last December, then North East Stars midfielder Keron “Ballpest” Cummings was struck in his leg, near to his home in Diego Martin. Cummings, who is now with Pro League champions Central FC, only made a return to competitive action in August.

During a three-game tour with the TT team earlier this year, Lewis played twice - in a 3-1 loss away to Uruguay on May 27 and in a 4-2 defeat away to China on June 3.

Jabloteh’s coach Keith Jeffrey declined comment when contacted by Newsday for a reaction to the shooting of his player.

“I am not the person to comment on that...That is a sensitive matter,” he said.

National coach Stephen Hart was not unwilling to discuss the matter though and said he was saddened by the news about the slimly-built winger.

“It’s an unfortunate situation and it seems to be something that is in our society at the moment that is not pleasant at all,” said Hart. “Right now I just hope that he can get back healthy and be able to play in the League when it opens.

I’m sure it’s going to take a while but hopefully he can get back healthy and be able to play in the League, because he did well for us.” Hart also mentioned that the players should be careful when it comes to their personal safety.

“I’m sure they have to be vigilant where they go and the potential situation they’re in,” he said.

“They certainly have to be more careful where they go.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 10:06:17 AM »
Black people! What is allyuh f...ing problem! Allyuh see one of the reasons for the decline in football in our country. Black predators!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:07:58 AM by Deeks »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 05:07:47 AM »
Nathan: I’m rubbing shoulders with the best.
TTFA Media.

“I didn’t think I would make the 26 man squad because the players in here are all quality.”

Those were the words of Jabloteh forward Nathan Lewis as he spoke about his period in the senior team training camp this week under Dennis Lawrence as the team prepared for today’s World Cup qualifier against Panama,

“It’s a pleasure being around guys like Joevin Jones, Kevin Molino, Kenwyne Jones and Khaleem Hyland. These are all top players and I didn’t think I would get into the squad. But it’s been hard work and trying to absorb everything from the coaches and the players.”

“Hopefully we can get things right on Friday and produce the type of performance that will get us the result we need,” Lewis added.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Nathan Lewis Thread.
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 02:08:04 AM »
Nathan finding his rhythm in national colours.
TTFA Media.

San Juan Jabloteh winger Nathan Lewis listened closely to the instructions coming from Dennis Lawrence. From the first few days of the residential training camp, it was becoming evident that Lawrence had his ideas about where Lewis would fit into the plans for the team heading into the World Cup qualifier against United States. And Lewis was catching on, session by session.

Lewis would eventually start both matches against United States and Costa Rica, putting in decent shifts in both encounters.

“I knew that the coach had his plans and he knew exactly how he wanted to plan. He explained my role and with each day that went by, I was preparing myself to give him what he wanted and giving the team what I had in me,” Lewis said.

Lewis had a first half strike ruled offside against the US, which many argued would have hardly been debated had the assistant kept his flag down.

“We were unlucky. A goal at that stage would have been a big boost for us,” he said.

“I thought we gave a good showing in the two games and me personally, I am growing still. I am gaining confidence and understanding my roles and responsibility with each session and each game that we play,” Lewis added. “Hopefully with more games under our belt, we will just keep getting better and better.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 10:34:47 AM »
Sam - It seems that Nathan's time has come. Let us hope that he grows and be patient. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Best of luck to the player and his club coach.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 01:25:02 PM »
INDY ELEVEN PLAYER TO WATCH: MF NATHAN LEWIS
In Week Eight, expect Nathan Lewis to be a force on the right wing against FC Cincinnati. The Trinidad & Tobago International’s speed on the wing, and ability to cut inside and take on defenders gave Charlotte Independence trouble all night last Saturday.

The midfielder completed all but three of his passes played against Charlotte. If he starts on Wednesday, it will be his first appearance against FC Cincinnati. Lewis remained on the bench in the first fixture, but has been a mainstay the last few weeks in Indy Eleven head coach Martin Rennie’s starting XI. Lewis signed on with the “Boys in Blue” in February from Trinidadian side Central FC. He has made three starts and boasts nearly 90 percent passing accuracy.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 03:17:32 PM »
Nathan, if yuh need more playing time, fight for yuh place at your club or move elsewhere. You need to be playing consistently and we need you playing more.

Interesting to read this thread again from top to bottom. Easy to say Jeffrey was out ah timing, buh he was frustrated. And he is not a fella who will hide from speaking his mind.

Now, at the end of the day, NL has cemented a firmer presence on the NT.

I doh even recall much about his time with Morvant.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lansing Ignite signs Nathan Lewis
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 05:12:22 PM »
Lansing Ignite signs Nathan Lewis
lansingignite.com

Lansing Ignite has signed former Indy Eleven Midfielder, Nathan Lewis, as its fifth player for the inaugural season. Lewis will join Lansing Ignite, founding member of the USL League One, pending league and federation approval.

Lewis recently finished his first season with Indy Eleven in the summer of 2018 with 11 matches played and eight starts. Prior to joining Indy Eleven, Lewis played with several Trinidadian clubs including Morvant Caledonia United, San Juan Jabloteh and most recently, Central FC.

“I’m very excited to add Nathan’s quality and experience to our team,” said Head Coach Nate Miller. “Nathan has tremendous pace and the ability to get behind the opponent. He is a proven, experienced and established player with the T&T national team and will be playing in the Gold Cup this summer.”

In Oct. 2018, Lewis was called up by the Trinidad and Tobago National Team for an international friendly. Lewis has made several call-ups to the senior Trinidad & Tobago National Team, including roster appearances in the 2018 World Cup qualifying matches against Panama, Grenada, United States and Costa Rica. In addition to World Cup qualifying opportunities, Lewis has also been featured in CONCACAF Champions League lineups for Trinidad & Tobago.

“Nathan gives us somethingdifferent on the wing, and teams have to account for his pace and mobility,” said Miller. “I look forward to integrating Nathan into our system and him making a tremendous impact.”

Lewis is the fifth player to sign with Lansing Ignite. The team will be hosting an Open Tryout on January 27, 2019 beginning at 9:30 p.m. with very few spaces remaining. Professional soccer hopefuls should register to attend the tryout at lansingignite.com with a $75 fee per player.

Practices for the team will begin in February 2019 with the first match in Richmond, VA on March 30, 2019. For more information on Lansing Ignite, visit www.lansingignite.com or follow the team on social media.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 07:17:40 PM »
Indy Eleven loss Lansing Ignite gain

Glad for him
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 11:16:08 PM »

Glad for him

I eh think dey view it as ah loss. He didn't play much for dem anyway, and now he is in a lower division.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 03:12:02 AM »

Glad for him

he is in USL league one now eh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 05:56:36 PM »

Glad for him

I eh think dey view it as ah loss. He didn't play much for dem anyway, and now he is in a lower division.

A. A. I missed that he was in league one. I thought it was the same league.

Buh I find he is effective on the right flank.

What are his liabilities?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>