March 28, 2024, 06:07:51 AM

Author Topic: Neveal Hackshaw Thread  (Read 11474 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Neveal Hackshaw Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2020, 08:07:03 PM »
WATCH: Neveal Hackshaw's 72nd minute header earns a point for Indy Eleven with a 1-1 draw against Saint Louis FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/H7csTuzwyho?start=97" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/H7csTuzwyho?start=97</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hackshaw named to USL Championship 2020 All-League Second Team
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2020, 11:30:39 AM »
Hackshaw named to USL Championship 2020 All-League Second Team
By Indy Eleven Communications

The United Soccer League honored standout performers from the regular season on Wednesday with the announcement of the 2020 USL Championship All-League Teams, which included Indy Eleven defender Neveal Hackshaw and forward Tyler Pasher being named to the All-League Second Team.

“Congratulations to Tyler and Neveal for being recognized in the Championship’s All-League Second Team,” said Indy Eleven Head Coach Martin Rennie. “Both players did well this challenging season and deserve the accolades that come their way.”

Hackshaw ranked third in the league in passes completed with 791 and led all outfield players in total recoveries (151). In addition to leading the team in blocks (10) and interceptions (24), the Trinidad and Tobago international found flashes of brilliance in the attacking third, notching two goals on six shots and creating seven chances for his teammates.  This marks the second consecutive All-League Team selection for the 25-year-old Hackshaw after he garnered a spot on the First Team – and a Defender of the Year nomination – for his standout performance in 2019.

Pasher earned his All-League debut after another stellar performance in the attacking half of the pitch. The 26-year-old started the season on the front foot, tallying six goals in six games in one of the fastest starts in USL Championship history, a feat that earned him the league’s Player of the Month award in July. The Canadian winger-turned-striker finished the regular season tied for seventh on the Championship’s Golden Boot chart with 10 goals, bringing his Indy career total to 24 and placing him just two behind Eleven all-time leading scorer Eamon Zayed. Pasher also finished the year with two assists, led the team in chances created (30), and ranked third across the league in shots (50).

The 2020 USL Championship All-League Team was voted on by club management and a league-wide media panel that included representation from every USL market.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2021, 06:18:42 PM »
Neveal Hackshaw to represent Trinidad and Tobago in friendly against United States
Indy ElevenCommunications

Indy Eleven defender Neveal Hackshaw has been called up to the Trinidad & Tobago Men’s National Team ahead of its fixture against the United States this Sunday, January 31, at Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Fla. The international friendly is set for a 7:00 p.m. ET kickoff, which will air live on FS1, UniMas and TUDN.

“Congratulations to Neveal on again being selected to represent Trinidad and Tobago,” said Indy Eleven Head Coach Martin Rennie. “I’m sure it will be good for him to get a chance to play in a game during the offseason and I look forward to welcoming him back for the beginning of our season soon.”

The 25-year-old defender, who was named to the Soca Warriors’ roster by coach Terry Fenwick, made his most recent international appearance back on June 23, 2019, when he earned his 11th senior “cap” by playing the full 90 minutes against the United States in CONCACAF Gold Cup group stage action. Hackshaw was also called up in October 2019 for Nations League group stage play against Honduras, but he did not feature in the squad’s last competitive match in CONCACAF action prior to all official competitions being halted by the federation in early 2020.

Hackshaw played an integral part on Indy Eleven’s back line throughout the 2020 USL Championship season, starting 15 of the team’s 16 regular season matches and adding two goals in support of the Eleven attack. The native of La Horquetta, Trinidad, finished the season with a team-high 28 interceptions and 10 blocks, and finished tied for fourth across the 33-team league in passes (1,012). Those numbers contributed to Hackshaw earning a spot on the 2020 USL Championship All-League Second Team, which came on the heels of his All-League First Team placement following a standout first season with the Boys in Blue in 2019.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2021, 06:50:16 PM »
Neveal Hackhaw and Leland Archer named as center backs to watch in the 2021 USL Championship
By Nicholas Murray (USLChampionship.com)

Just as many things in life, history is starting to repeat in the USL Championship’s center back ranks.

Where once the All-League honors lists were regularly populated by the likes of Orlando City SC’s Rob Valentino or the Richmond Kickers’ William Yomby and others, now there’s a new pecking order of established central defenders that has begun to monopolize the end-of-season award lists.

That’s reflected in our selections for the Top Five center backs in the league going into the 2021 Championship season, where players who are also succeeding at the international level are joined by those who’ve made a serious impact in recent years in the Championship.

Neveal Hackshaw
Indy Eleven
Professional Seasons: 8
2020 Key Stats: 15 GP, 151 Recoveries, 84.6 Tackle Success Rate, 78.2 Passing Accuracy Rate

During his first three seasons in the Championship with the Charleston Battery, Neveal Hackshaw emerged as one of the most intriguing young defenders in the league, making 33 appearances as Charleston finished in the top four of the Eastern Conference in 2018. Over the past two seasons with Indy Eleven, the Trinidad & Tobago international has fully come into his own, earning back-to-back Championship All-League selections through his dynamic play.

Hackshaw’s game has in some ways married perfectly with Indy Head Coach Martin Rennie’s system, in which as a natural left-footed player he mans the left side of the defensive back three for the side. The 25-year-old is a difficult player to beat – he’s conceded on average less that one foul per game (72 fouls in 94 appearances) and has only been beaten off the dribble 44 times in the past four seasons while winning 70.6 percent of his contested tackles.

What adds a notable element to Hackshaw’s game, however, is his ability to read the game and take advantage of space when it’s offered to push into the opposing half. In addition to leading all defenders with 714 recoveries in the past four regular seasons, Hackshaw has also recorded 47 Key Passes and four assists. That ability makes Hackshaw not only one of the best defenders in the league, but one of the most entertaining to watch as well.

Leland Archer, Charleston Battery – There’s a method behind the way Charleston Head Coach Mike Anhaeuser brings players along, which meant Leland Archer’s first two seasons only saw him make 31 appearances for the Battery. As it proved with Forrest Lasso – who made 32 appearances in his first two seasons in Charleston – the third year was the breakout for the Trinidad & Tobago international. Playing every game of the season, Archer earned his first All-League selection in 2020, and will be aiming for more success this campaign.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 06:52:13 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2021, 06:58:56 PM »
Neveal Hackshaw’s sights are set on winning the title in his third season with Indy Eleven
bgn.fm

In his first two seasons with Indy Eleven, Neveal Hackshaw has been an All-League performer (1st team in 2019, 2nd team in 2020). Now, he’s back for a third season in 2021. What makes Indy Eleven the right club for him right now in his career? “For me, the reason why it’s the right club, right now is because I fit the system,” Neveal told BGN. “The coach and the staff likes me, my teammates like me, we have a good team, and this season we are going to work very hard to win the season. We have the players, we have the coach to do so. So, all we have to just work hard and stay together as a team.”

“My goals for this season are to play at the best of my ability, win the championship, (and) maybe get a better contract with a bigger club somewhere. My main focus is here first. So my main goal is to win the championship.”

Indy won their season opener vs. Birmingham Legion FC before dropping their home opener vs. FC Tulsa over the weekend. Hackshaw has played every second of both of Indy’s matches this season thus far. He’s a key member of the backline, recording seven clearances and six tackles already in 2021. While he’s comfortable in defense, Hackshaw’s also played in the midfield throughout his career, including with Indy back in 2019 before sliding back into central defense. “It’s nice,” he said of being able to play multiple positions. “It’s good. I like to play center midfield cause I like to control the game, but even playing from the back is good. I mean, I’m always in the game from the back. It’s the same, I should say.”

“I could play anywhere you put me, just tell me how you want me to play, role and function, and I’m good.”

In addition to being a star player for his club, Hackshaw’s also had the opportunity to showcase his skills with his country, playing on the national team for Trinidad & Tobago. He has over ten caps for the Soca Warriors, including playing the full 90 minutes in both of the team’s World Cup qualifiers back in March.

“It’s always my pleasure to wear the red, white, and black from our country,” Hackshaw explained. “This was always my dream to do so. And now that I can, I’m happy to represent my country any day, any time. And it’s pretty awesome. I love it, I love repping my country. I love repping my colors.”

“I miss the sun, the beaches, anyone from over here will love Trinidad because of the beaches, the carnival, just the vibe man. It’s a whole different vibe from over here.”

When discussing his favorite foods from his native country in the Caribbean, Neveal listed bake and shark, doubles, macaroni pie with Callaloo, stewed chicken, and fried rice.

While he misses being back home, he’s made himself at home in Indiana. “Indianapolis is good,” he said. “Really don’t like to cold, (but) the summer is nice.” He said he’s not really the type of person to be out and about, but he does go to Verde and likes to walk downtown. “It’s nice, I like the views,” Hackshaw added.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2021, 06:15:37 AM »
Hackshaw says he can play anywhere. The critique after the last qualifying round was that he can't. Where's the disconnect?

Discuss.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2021, 03:35:16 PM »
Hackshaw says he can play anywhere. The critique after the last qualifying round was that he can't. Where's the disconnect?

Discuss.

I mean he said he can play anywhere, he didn't say he could play well

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2021, 10:40:04 AM »

Discuss.

I mean he said he can play anywhere, he didn't say he could play well

I think it is understood that he meant "well".

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2021, 12:48:03 PM »

Discuss.
But there is a preferred position for him and for team. Is it Left back in either case ?

Whatever happened to Mekiel Williams, is/was he injured ? or we just wanted to try ah ting ?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2021, 01:49:33 PM »

Discuss.
But there is a preferred position for him and for team. Is it Left back in either case ?

Whatever happened to Mekiel Williams, is/was he injured ? or we just wanted to try ah ting ?

To my recollection, Hackshaw has been played in three positions: DM, CB, LB.

Mekeil has been played or can play at CB, LB and RB. He's currently at Pittsburgh. Not injured.

As far as de trying ah ting: that was the whole project, top to bottom in the last outings.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 01:52:42 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2021, 10:50:15 AM »
WATCH: Neveal Hackshaw comes up big with a goal and assist in Indy Eleven's thrilling 3-3 draw with Louisville City FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dqbk2vvfK_c?start=112" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dqbk2vvfK_c?start=112</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Defender Neveal Hackshaw named to USL Championship Team of the Week
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2021, 02:53:16 PM »
Defender Neveal Hackshaw named to USL Championship Team of the Week
By Indy Eleven Communications

For the third time this year, an Indy Eleven player has found a place in the USL Championship Team of the Week presented by Cleer Audio, with defender Neveal Hackshaw earning the recognition for his Week 10 performance at Louisville City FC last Saturday.

The Trinidad and Tobago international finds himself in the TOTW after an impressive offensive display in Indy Eleven’s riveting 3-3 draw at Lynn Family Stadium. Hackshaw collected his first assist of 2021 in the early going, swinging in a mouthwatering cross that connected with midfielder Cammy Smith’s head in the 9th minute to level the game at 1-1. Just 11 minutes later Hackshaw found his way into the box and onto the end of an aerial ball from midfield hit with precision by Nick Moon. Hackshaw sliced the ball home off a jaw dropping, first-time finish, his first goal of the campaign leveling the back-and-forth affair once again at 2-2 in the 20th minute. Not only did Hackshaw contribute big offensively, but he held down the left flank defensively as well, intercepting the ball four times and notching six clearances along the way to ensure Indy was able to claim a point on the road.

The 25-year-old recently returned from a pair of World Cup Qualifying round matches with the Trinidad and Tobago National Team. The La Horquetta, Trinidad, native earned his 16th and 17th full international “caps” in a scoreless draw against Bahamas on June 5, and a 2-0 win against Saint Kitts and Nevis three days later on June 8, playing the full 90 minutes in both contests. Since returning to USL Championship play, Hackshaw has won 13 duels, and tallied 13 clearances and nine interceptions in his last three appearances.

Hackshaw is the first member of the Boys in Blue to be selected to the league’s Best XI since Week 6, when forward Jordan Hamilton earned his first nod for a two-goal effort in Indy’s first trip to Louisville. Forward Gordon Wild was the first member of Indiana’s Team to make a TOTW appearance this season in Week 5, with goalkeeper Bobby Edwards and defender A.J. Cochran both earning “honorable mentions” in Week 9 and Week 2, respectively. The Championship’s Player of the Week is selected by the USL National Media Panel, which is made up of representatives from each media market in the Championship.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2021, 11:20:52 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Neveal Hackshaw recovering from pneumonia scare
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

T&T football team midfielder Neveal Hackshaw is recovering from a bout of pneumonia, which resulted in him missing Sunday’s Concacaf Gold Cup Group A match between TT and Guatemala at the Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States.

Hackshaw was originally named on the starting lineup by coach Angus Eve but was replaced by Jesse Williams less than a hour before kickoff.

In a media release issued by T&T Football Association (TTFA) media officer Shaun Fuentes on Tuesday, “According to team doctor Akash Dhanai, (Hackshaw) had what is referred to as walking pneumonia or a community acquired pneumonia which is a bacterial infection of part of the lung. He encountered discomfort in the chest area during the warm-up.”

The media release continued, “He was taken to hospital by ambulance after the game. (Hackshaw) is expected to recover and able to resume training within seven days. He returned to the team hotel the night of the match and returned to his club in the United States (USL team Indy Eleven) on Monday.”

In related news, some members of the T&T team are set to return home on Wednesday, at 8 pm.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2021, 07:17:53 PM »

God bless Neveal, health is more important than anything

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrinbago/photos/a.240163770663140/540313917314789/

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2021, 07:09:09 PM »
WATCH: Neveal Hackshaw with the long ball over the top which splits FC Tulsa's defence and sets up Indy Eleven's first goal of the night.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y3YtYQsDRzY?start=141" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y3YtYQsDRzY?start=141</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2021, 06:03:40 PM »
Defender Neveal Hackshaw has re-signed with Indy Eleven for the 2022 USL Championship season.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2021, 07:41:23 PM »
Defender Neveal Hackshaw has re-signed with Indy Eleven for the 2022 USL Championship season.

:banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2021, 08:49:39 PM »

:banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead: :banginghead:
??? ???

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2022, 10:08:09 PM »
WATCH: Neveal Hackshaw scored Indy Eleven's two opening goals with identical headers during a 5 minute span as they earned a thrilling 4-3 win over Birmingham Legion.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1449iwV9v9w?start=35" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1449iwV9v9w?start=35</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2023, 07:32:13 PM »
Oakland Roots Sports Club sign Trinidad and Tobago defender Neveal Hackshaw
Oakland Roots SC

Oakland Roots SC have added another USL veteran defender of seven seasons, Neveal Hackshaw, ahead of the 2023 USL Championship season. Hackshaw most recently featured for Indy Eleven for four seasons following three seasons with Charleston Battery having earned more than 150 appearances in the league to date.

“Neveal is a veteran of this league, and someone who truly understands what the USL and CONCACAF is all about,” said Roots Director of Player Personnel Nana Attakora. “Adding another great person and very experienced player to our squad is going to only help grow our culture and maturity on the field in 2023.”

Hacksaw has featured for Trinidad and Tobago, his home country, on 28 occasions with the first appearance dating back to 2015. The 27-year-old was born in La Horquetta in Trinidad and Tobago and scored twice for his national team in 2022 in back-to-back games in the CONCACAF Nations League.

Welcome to Oakland, Neveal.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2023, 07:17:25 PM »
Neveal Hackshaw's 90th minute overhead kick earns Oakland Roots a 2-2 come-from-behind draw against Monterey Bay FC.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/huIjmU4kO_U?start=301" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/huIjmU4kO_U?start=301</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2023, 05:05:28 PM »
I swear that ball look like it was going outside.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2023, 11:09:46 PM »
I criticize de man fitness before so ah hadda make note of the athleticism required for dat shot. Well done
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 10:05:40 AM by Peong »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2023, 11:11:58 AM »
Warrior Profile: Sport heads Neveal Hackshaw in the right direction
By Sherdon Pierre (T&T Newsday)

NATIONAL central midfielder Neveal Hackshaw believes sport is the answer for youths to escape many of the ills plaguing society.

Hackshaw is one of the mainstays under current T&T men's football coach Angus Eve as he is a usual starter for him while clocking hefty minutes. The 28 year old has already recorded 28 caps since his debut in 2015 against Haiti at 19 years old.

The former national youth player attended Arima North Secondary School, commonly known as “Compre,” which had included several exciting and promising players such as the late Marcus Gomez, Jesus Perez and Jomoul Francois

On the field, the La Horquetta-born Hackshaw wears his heart on his sleeves and is one of the team's emotional leaders.

Hackshaw has had stints playing defence, but his preferred position is central midfield. He is valuable to any coach because he portrays versatility in the centre of the park, whether as a pivot, ball winner, box-to-box player or attacking midfielder providing enticing crosses or defence-splitting passes.

Hackshaw considers his passing ability and presence in the air as his best qualities as a player.

He believes sport has not only helped elevate his standard of living but also brought out the best qualities in him. Similar to national teammate and fellow La Horquetta resident Nathaniel James, Hackshaw has a message for young people.

“Sport teaches you discipline, sportsmanship, respect – which will enhance your self-esteem and build confidence. With all these values, you will become a good role model in society.

"Youths, stay out of crime and stop wasting time on the streets,” he said in an interview with Newsday.

Hackshaw owes everything he has achieved thus far in his career to his loving and supportive family. “My mom and dad, I would like to thank them for always being there for me and always showing me love. To my little sister who is also playing football and look up to me, I love you also. To my big sister who supports me endlessly, I love you.”

The six-footer is not known for his goal-scoring capabilities, but his most memorable moment for the red, white and black is his first international goal for the senior team in 2022, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, in a Concacaf Nations League B match.

He vividly recalled, “My first goal was against Bahamas, it was a corner kicked from Noah Powder and I headed it into the goal. It was indeed a great feeling.” His goal proved to be the winner for the match and three days later, he got his second goal for the Soca Warriors away against St Vincent and the Grenadines.

The left-footer has been plying his trade as a professional footballer in the United States for eight years after leaving T&T as a teenager. He describes his tenure in the US as great.

His first overseas team was Charleston Battery 2016-2018 (73 caps), followed by Indy Eleven 2019–2022 (88 caps, seven goals) and then Oakland Roots which competes in the USL Championship, the second tier of US soccer. On Saturday, Hackshaw scored a sensational overhead kick in the 90th minute to secure a crucial 2-2 draw for his team against Monterey Bay FC.

Hackshaw was an instrumental player for the national team earlier this month against Curacao and El Salvador in the opening fixtures in the Nations League Group A. T&T defeated Curacao 1-0 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and then got past El Salvador 3-2 – the men's team's first-ever competitive win in that country.

Hackshaw will hopefully be suiting up for the Soca Warriors in Nations League action again next month as T&T face Guatemala and Curaçao in the next international window. Having won their first two matches, they are currently top of Group A and are in a firm position to earn a spot in the final eight, and chance at qualifying for the 2024 Copa America – South America's premier , scheduled to be hosted in the US with six teams from Concacaf included.

But the Copa America is not the only tournament on Hackshaw's radar. He told Newsday, "I want to play in a World Cup. I think that's every footballer's dream and I want that dream to come true for me.”

1]; } ?>