March 28, 2024, 04:46:02 AM

Author Topic: Hart selects 22-man World Cup squad to face St. Vincent and the Grenadines  (Read 5244 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hart selects 22-man World Cup squad to face St. Vincent and the Grenadines
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago Head Coach Stephen Hart this morning announce his Final 22-man Squad for the upcoming 2018 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying Matches against St Vincent and the Grenadines on March 25th and 29th.

Hart made the disclosure following T&T’s 2-2 draw with Grenada on Saturday night in St George’s.

His selection signals the return of Kevin Molino to the national team following the player’s lengthy lay off due to injury while former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder and England National Under 17 captain John Bostock has also been included as well as Dutch-based starlet Levi Garcia. Bostock’s grandmother is Trinidadian which makes him eligible to play for T&T. Born in Kamberwell, England, the 24-year-old former Crystal Palace player already possesses a Trinidad and Tobago passport.

Missing from the squad due to injury are Cordell Cato, Radanfah Abu Bakr, goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams and Keron Cummings.

The squad, which will be captained by Kenwyne Jones, includes six players who were involved in Saturday’s match in Grenada including goalkeepers Marvin Andrews and Adrian Foncette, Central FC midfielder Sean De Silva and DirecTV W Connection trio Daneil Cyrus, Jomal Williams and Shahdon Winchester.

There are fifteen overseas-based players in the mix – Seattle Sounders midfielder Joevin Jones, Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa, Costa Rica), Sheldon Bateau (FC Krylia Sovetov, Russia), Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids, USA), Neveal Hackshaw (Charleston Battery, USA), Willis Plaza (Alianza, El Salvador), Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge, England), Justin Hoyte (Dagenham & Redbridge, England), Khaleem Hyland (KVC Westerlo, Belgium), Yohance Marshall (Murcielagos FC, Mexico), John Bostock (OH Leuven, Belgium), Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar, Holland), Kevin Molino (Orlando City, USA), Trevin Caesar (Orange County Blues, USA) and Kenwyne Jones (Al Jazira, United Arab Emirates).

Commenting on the selection, Hart told TTFA Media “I tried to find the most balanced squad possible to go into the games. We have some key players injured so I had to juggle the line up and add one or two players that can fill in certain roles so hopefully we have the right balanced and mindframe going into the team.

“I think it’s exciting for the country that Molino is back. He played 90 minutes for his club on Friday and that’s fantastic. Bostock is a player that I think a lot of people will like. He gives an outside threat with his shooting and the dead ball situation. Levi has been doing well. He gives us a bit of penetration and I want to give him the experience of coming into the camp and fighting for a position because he knows what it is now to fight his way onto a team and try to get selected,” Hart added.

The team will engage in double sessions at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Monday and Tuesday before departing for Kingstown on Wednesday.

Tickets for the T&T versus St Vincent World Cup qualifier on March 29th are presently available for purchase. Tickets are priced at $300 for the covered section and $150 for the uncovered section of the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

These tickets can now be purchased at Sports and Games outlets nationwide, Kenny’s Sports (nationwide), Sportway at Ellerslie Plaza and Gulf City, Fan Zone at Centre City Mall in Chaguanas, Ramsingh’s Sportworld in Couva and Heritage Sports, Scarborough Tobago Tickets can also be purchased online via the TTFA’s official website – TTFootball.Org

T&T 22-Man Squad

Goalkeepers

Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United).

Defenders

Yohance Marshall (Murcielagos FC), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection), Sheldon Bateau (FC Krylia Sovetov), Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa), Justin Hoyte (Dagenham & Redbridge).

Midfielders

Neveal Hackshaw (Charleston Battery), Jomal Williams (W Connection), Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge), Kevin Molino (Orlando City), Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Sean De Silva (Central FC), John Bostock (OH Leuven), Khaleem Hyland (KVC Westerlo), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders).

Forwards

Willis Plaza (Alianza FC), Shahdon Winchester (W Connection), Trevin Caesar (Orange County Blues), Kenwyne Jones - capt (Al Jazira).

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 12:58:22 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Ah love de f00cking team.

Only 2 tweaks ah woulda like to see.

Jerrel Britto for Willis Plaza
Weslie John for Abu Bakr.

Bostock, Levi..

Ah gorm, I happy like ah puppy.

Bull them hard T&T !!!

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
nice squad... woulda like to see Marcus Joseph get ah little ting. Gone are de days when we had keepers plying their trade abroad. Not confident with our keepers

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
What happened to Jonathan Glen?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So no atulla guerra
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Bostock, Levi..

Bull them hard T&T !!!

On what basis?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Bostock, Levi..

Bull them hard T&T !!!

On what basis?

He playing at a higher level.

He scoring goals.

He more mobile.

He more versatile.

He younger.

He stronger

He faster.

He use to bull Truetrini gal.

:rotfl:

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 02:40:15 PM by Sam »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Jerrel Britto is not playing at higher level than Plaza but he is certainly in better form at this time. If I have to rank the Concacaf Leagues having seen a lot of games in the last two years, I would say this is a fair ranking:

1. Liga MEX
2. MLS (top 50% of teams)
3. Costa Rica 1st div and Ascenso MX (although I would argue the top teams of each of these leagues would be competing for playoffs in MLS, maybe even win it)
4. NASL and Guatemala 1st Div
5. El Salvador 1st Division and MX Segunda Premier (the league where Britto is playing)
6. USL

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 02:44:20 PM by Dutty Love »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
... So your target should be Caesar?

(@Dutty Love, based on the comment above)?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:41:31 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Serious serious squad! imagine this squad with the proper friendlies...we going Russia fellas!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I think Cesar plays a different role than Britto, I was just ranking the leagues, that's all

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
what happened to kevan george?? how is his club situation
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Very strong team. With an inform Bostock and Garcia joining I wonder how this will effect the line up. Will Garcia be a super sub? Will Bostock start? Will Joevin get moved to his club position at LB to accommodate the new warriors? Good options to have.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Still without a club.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Very strong team. With an inform Bostock and Garcia joining I wonder how this will effect the line up. Will Garcia be a super sub? Will Bostock start? Will Joevin get moved to his club position at LB to accommodate the new warriors? Good options to have.

I doubt it, we have two very capable left backs in Aubrey David and Mekeil Williams who are more defensively minded than JJ.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Aubrey is playing Rightback at Saprissa

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Now watching Mikheil Williams playing right back for Colorado. He is playing pretty good. Confident, cool and strong dude. At the half. 1-1. Nick Deleon allowed a man to outmuscled him and score a header. Colorado gk mishandled a cross and DC equalized.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Aubrey is playing Rightback at Saprissa

He's versatile, can operate on either flank.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
No Nick Deleon as yet? What is the latest with this player I terms of commitment to TnT?

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No Nick Deleon as yet? What is the latest with this player I terms of commitment to TnT?

Hart actually addressed this in an interview a couple weeks ago, said that visa issues would probably hinder DeLeon from making the squad in this window.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Very interesting  Team  Selection  by Coach Hart ....Well boy  ... de competition  for spots on the   national team  has certainly   arrived   .....Ah love it   ....   great to see the players pool has grown   with potentially more  making themselves available  ..    Every man jack  must perform /  prove their worth  more now  than ever before !! 

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What happened to Jonathan Glen?
unless these guys were unavailable, neither Molino, De silva, Bostock or Garcia ready to replace on the field yet..maybe giving those guys a cap and an opportunity to get the current team structure and game plan under their belts for possible future reference..that's ok. Starting team still solid..doh, Glen/Jones combo still needed some tweaking, in the absence of Cumming, a fit and seasoned Molino, and pest like Cato.  Good luck team

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I didn't realize Cato wasn't selected until Maxg mentioned his name.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
we going to have deep bench fellas. the team set up is fine for now. these guys are professional players and they have full knowledge of the game.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
how come the US can have 26 players roster

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
So the players missing:

Jonathan Glen
Guerra
Cato
Cummings
Abu Bakr
Jan Michael Williams
Kevon George

Once these guys are back, I would drop 3 players and run a 26 man squad like the US

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Glen, Mitchell and George not active.

Cato and Bakr injured.

Guerra not needed.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Glen, Mitchell and George not active.

Cato and Bakr injured.

Guerra not needed YET.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So no atulla guerra
So no Leston paul.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just back from the Stadium for the Monday night training session...me and Small Magician.
good..intense...sharp...Hart pushing them along...good vibe and spirit..
only had like 16...so guess some men coming in tonight..or one or two did only morning...not sure...
I know the main question will be " How Bostock look ??"...well...QUALITY....very expensive left foot.
Also Molino looking good...happy to be around type vibe.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1090671420983697&set=a.640933745957469.1073741826.100001225493088&type=3&theater
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>