March 29, 2024, 01:55:12 AM

Author Topic: Is T&T rewarding indiscipline in Soccer?  (Read 5205 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is T&T rewarding indiscipline in Soccer?
« on: April 04, 2005, 06:07:56 AM »
These guys strike,retire,told this country to hul their ass,and we are on our knees begging them to come back,giving them top positions where they can control us,are these the people suppose to set example for our youths?are we suppose to follow them?World Cup or no World Cup this pressident is what have football in this country where it is today.Stop spinning top in mud. 

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is T&T rewarding indiscipline in Soccer?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 07:22:45 AM »
In T&T we call the game football.... ;)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 08:12:35 AM »
In T&T we call the game football.... ;)
In Greece it have something they does call "Skata"
In Quebec the same ting is called "Merde"
In Trinidad is another name   ???

does still smell the same, stink, and could make plenty people sick

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 10:00:35 AM »
wha going on coops?  yuh dey old soldier?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 01:03:08 PM »
I'm still here fighting,i want you guys to know how much i appreciate this website,it's the only and best way for us foreign nationals for keep in touch withT&T football and each other,i'm not here to criticize any one,is just as a past member of this organization every thing seems to affect you.My life is still football and any where that i can contribute i will,it's a pity T&T football can't come out of the hole it's in. 

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 02:37:41 PM »
well when I was in de coast guard me and you used to talk

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 08:13:58 PM »
I don't see why we can't talk still,is the same Coop's you used to know,the only difference is i'm grey and not playing football any more if they could not break mi foot in the old days they not going to do it know,i'll just settle for teaching it . 

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 07:35:36 AM »
The topic is an interesting one, in that our approach to it has been one which has been cultivated over time. In developing an ethos for football, our players at times emulated  the short passing, Brazilian style of play. we focused on individual 'stars' hence  players were acclaimed for their individual skills, and poweress. Team style, systems were not readily endemic to our thinking and approach to the game.

Today we see aculture of players who are rewarded with a financial living  by sigining pro contracts based on thier individual skills and talents. Once some of them are incolcated with this foreign based professional lifestyle, there seems to be an apparent lack of discipline to thier approach when called upon to represent TNT. The burning desire and approach to the game, prior to signing a contract, is not as forthcoming. I wonder if the desire to play for TNT is lost in the fact that they are more concern wwith not risking injury so as not to jepordize their professional career?

I  would like to explore the psychological approach amongst players and the tensions they encounter as they decide what is a priority at any given time. I would hope that TTFA do have some insurance with Lloyds of London or some similar company to ensure that if aplayer gets injured in QCQ, that that player is adequately compensated. However, I think the psychological make up and approach encountered by each player is one that could be explored. Is anyone aware as to if the team has a sports psychologist avaliable to the players?

So the question of indiscipline football is complex and warrants some deep thinking. Extrinsic rewards like money and apts are short term fixs, the real  catalyst for improvemnet and change in approach, must be  one that is intrinsic for each and every player.

Respectfully submitted.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 08:34:21 AM »
Albertatrini i like your post and i can see where there is not any one thing you can put your finger on that's responsible for how our players act or behave,the way we were brought up and our culture is very lacks so you find when ever we are put under pressure or have to deal with difficult situations it creates problems,i don't know if any of our teams have a psychologist it don't look so but i think they all need one,i can tell you when i played i used to be nervous before every game,i wished there was some one i could of talked too,players have problems just like every body else and they need to be able to talk to some one without the feeling they going to get in trouble. 

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 09:42:15 AM »
well man bawl down de place when i say de same ting, hypocrites if u ask me, juss bc i say it, it was fire on here lol, interesting how people are 2 tongue when coming 2 others

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 12:08:25 PM »
you eh say de same ting, not even close, but still even it had some trute to what allyuh saying, den why de hell we asking dem same man dem to play now?

BECAUSE even with de perceived bad attitude, dey is still de best we have.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 12:25:32 PM »
I agree is the best we have, is just that is not what you do is how you do it,and these guys have to understand that,anything they do or say affects people because they are national figures,it's funny how people just see the things they don't like but that's the world we live in today.

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 01:17:54 PM »
coops, I garee with yuh..serious.

Trinis doh like too much disipline at all.

But at dis stage we jes trying o qualify.

Yuh cyar teach ah old dog new tricks, what we lacking in T&T is symptomatic of the society, and the reason why I doh live dey now.

Doh get meh wrong, ah love Trinidad and Tobago, but successive Goernments have failed to address youth and te result of dat neglect is an increase in crime,,most heinous too!

We have to start cleaning house in T&T...from de mansions to de hovels.

Peace!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 06:50:56 PM »
Well I ma not sure it a safe assumption to say Trinis don't like discipline. If you check our schooling sysytem, it was very much  one of discipline and rigor. However, I would say that we do like  to 'style'.

Just maybe our style of play is not readily successful in this era and we have not altered our style to suit the advances in the game.

So as we discuss this issue, let's take a good look at the style we as fans reinfroce; the ones we long to see and the style we think is ours. We could then ask ourselves if this style is reflectice of the discipline approach needed to advance forward in teh soccer world.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 09:26:09 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2005, 01:46:37 PM »
Football today is a mental game,and it starts with the administration then technical staff Coach etc then players,our players have to be able to think,the game has become a science and the teams that fail are teams that don't have a successful plan in place,we doing the same thing every year with the same players,the mentality of some of these guys is that T&T wants me i don't really want T&T,the money they making where ever they are T&T can't pay them that(SO). 

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2005, 04:00:28 PM »
Money talks!!! and when one is deemed a PROFESSIONAL, there are certain expectations that comes along with that. One obviously being money.

This begs the question as to what the prime motivation is for each and every player. If it is about the money, and TNT cannot afford to pay the player, then we would assume that the performance will not follow.

If it is about  home and glory, pride and nation, then that is the beginning  but not the end all to ensure success.

So how should one select  players to represent the nation?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2005, 10:34:33 AM »
If we  read the post about 'ROONEY" we could  see that the type of mental and physical make up we need from our players is one that could adhere to the level of conditioning and fitness to play at the level  which is required. That is the start of the DISCIPLINE  we ought to be promoting among our younger players.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 01:38:23 PM »
When will we adopt a more discipline an urgent approach to the game?

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 03:12:50 PM »
When will we adopt a more discipline an urgent approach to the game?

Only when we get conscious that football is a team game......its never about I but us.... :devil:

Just rememeber the chain  as strong as its weakest link.....yea

Rastafari

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 07:08:49 PM »
Generally people do thing when they have to, when they must, or when they want something rel bad. Things in T&T have been too good for so long that we're not desperate enough to act.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 07:12:14 PM »
These guys strike,retire,told this country to hul their ass,and we are on our knees begging them to come back,giving them top positions where they can control us,are these the people suppose to set example for our youths?are we suppose to follow them?World Cup or no World Cup this pressident is what have football in this country where it is today.Stop spinning top in mud. 
Jack Warner run tnt football, so nuff said about that right there.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 07:21:31 PM »
Jack Warner run tnt football, so nuff said about that right there.

I would tink dey were tryin 2 show d yutes dat Massa day done.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 07:53:22 AM »
On the topic of "rewarding indiscipline," take a look at the highlights of the 1st game between Cali and W Connection (there are two video highlights, look at the one on top). Look at the very end of the highlights in the game and see what happened. Mind you, these are the players that suppose to provide inspiration to our country.  :-\

Cali VS W. Connection

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 02:49:20 PM »
Kingman,
              I watched the video and I did not see anything out of the extraordinary. What we looking for????

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 08:42:17 PM »
On the topic of "rewarding indiscipline," take a look at the highlights of the 1st game between Cali and W Connection (there are two video highlights, look at the one on top). Look at the very end of the highlights in the game and see what happened. Mind you, these are the players that suppose to provide inspiration to our country.  :-\

Cali VS W. Connection

Kingman

were you talking about the tackle? and de cali player just ran off the field not knowing if he was dealt a yellow or red...
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 08:50:42 PM »

Cali VS W. Connection

Kingman

were you talking about the tackle? and de cali player just ran off the field not knowing if he was dealt a yellow or red...

Yes, that is what I am talking about.

Your team is 3 goals down with a time left on the clock in a knock out game. Radanfah Abu Bakr looked for the easiest way out of the humiliating defeat (i.e. a two foot tackle from behind which we automatically know is a yellow or red). Instead of showing some character and pride and fighting to the very end, Abu not only put his team into further trouble (thus not giving them a chance to come back) but his body language showed that he did not even care. Now that is the part that bothers me the most. Absolutely mind boggling.

Kingman

Kingman,
              I watched the video and I did not see anything out of the extraordinary. What we looking for????

If you don't know what to look for there, then I cannot help further.

Kingman
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 08:56:19 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 05:45:44 AM »
i ddn't realize dat was Abu Bakr make dat hater tackle, i thought it was funny how he react...my thoughts was "he ha to be some kinda c&*thole to do dat"...i seem to remember one ah dem recent qualifier he tackle ah man and what look (to me) like ah sure pk wasn't given..hopefully Latas could get him to change his stupid ways.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>