April 19, 2024, 10:45:03 PM

Author Topic: Sport Ministry to fund Road to Russia.  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Sport Ministry to fund Road to Russia.
« on: April 15, 2016, 05:57:52 AM »
Sport Ministry to fund Road to Russia.
T&T Newsday Reports.

The Ministry of Sport has given a commitment to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association to cover the Soca Warriors expenses for all travel and accommodation locally and internationally in its campaign to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

Acting Chief Executive Officer of the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago Adrian Raymond on Wednesday told the parliamentary Public Administration and Appropriations Committee (PAAC) that the costs will include qualification matches and international friendlies - which are vital for qualification matches.

Asked by member Wade Mark what plans were in place to assist the national football team in terms of salaries, accommodation, travel, food, and gears in order to avoid previous financial issues that arose in past campaigns, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Sport Joan Mendes said, “We are working with the TTFA with respect of their budget and their request, that they come in timely.”

Regarding the TTFA’s funding constraints, Mendes said, “We have asked for specifics in their flight arrangements, coaches salaries, and accommodation. We usually ask for their budget, and the disbursement is taken from the Sports Company subvention.”

Asked to give specifics, Raymond said, the Sport Company has been given a budget and has given the TTFA a commitment, as regards the campaign, that Government, through the Sport Company will cover all flight arrangements, all accommodation locally and internationally.” Depending on where the games are taking place, he said, that issues of time to adjust to altitude and climate among other factors will be factored into travel.

Where wire transfers could be conducted to pay hotels directly, that will be done. Alternatively, he said, the monies will be released to the TTFA which will have to account for spending.

For matches to be held in T&T, he said, there will be no costs involved by the TTFA. The Sports Company will underwrite the costs to reduce as much of the TTFA’s expenses.

The gate receipts, he said, will go to the TTFA as a source of income to cover “their salaries.” Meanwhile, Deputy Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Sport Ian Ramdahin told the PAAC when asked, that the programme has disbursed just about $2.8 million for the 2015/2016 fiscal year. A total of over $1.5 million was provided for 20 elite athletes, while over $1.1 million was provided to assist athletes, who may not be elite athletes, but who were making points to qualify for the Rio Olympics.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sport Ministry to fund Road to Russia.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 06:10:19 AM »
Great news. Hopefully news of this will get us another friendly before copa and before September

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 06:21:01 AM »
Good going by both parties.

Now its up to DJW to get more matches.

The MOS should also donated a top class coach buss for the team.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 07:23:25 AM »
I'll beleve it when I see it. This still dependent on TTFA submitting requests on time.

To me, it is kind of hard for the Ministry or SPorTT to give a broad committment to cover flights and accommodation. Won't that be dependent on number of the party travelling, plus number of international friendlies? That committment should have a ceiling an "up to" a certain amount because the Min or Sportt can't just find money from thin air when time come. Another sport would suffer.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 08:29:33 AM »
I'll beleve it when I see it. This still dependent on TTFA submitting requests on time.

To me, it is kind of hard for the Ministry or SPorTT to give a broad committment to cover flights and accommodation. Won't that be dependent on number of the party travelling, plus number of international friendlies? That committment should have a ceiling an "up to" a certain amount because the Min or Sportt can't just find money from thin air when time come. Another sport would suffer.

We in these parts do not care about other sports. The Minister just gave a blank cheque in this period of belt tightening.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 03:01:57 PM »

We in these parts do not care about other sports. The Minister just gave a blank cheque in this period of belt tightening.
which we can tell from the sound before we smell it, what that might very well might mean....even if his H(e)art might be in the right place..it might just be a fart, but then the tata soon follows  ooops...did I say that out loud ?   well, I still not holding my breath

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 03:11:05 PM »
I'll see it when I believe it... Putting a budget together is easy.. The govt sticking to their word is another issue by itself..

If they stick to their word I'm very happy for the team..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 03:18:27 PM »
I see the Ministry want to do their part and I salute them, but it is really the TTFF who has to be efficient in several areas for the team to have even a better chance to reach Russia and for football in T&T to develop to its full potential

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 05:49:29 PM »
I would like to see the TTFA do everything to get another game either before or after the Uruguay game. We HAVE to play 2 friendlies...especially as we are not in COPA and have nothing between end of May till the crucial September games.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 11:28:14 PM »
Venezuela and Colombia right friggin dey!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 06:53:50 AM »
Venezuela and Colombia right friggin dey!

breds they have to also want to play us.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 09:15:37 AM »
Breds, what you saying is that they are afraid of we?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 10:37:05 AM »
Breds, what you saying is that they are afraid of we?

fraid we? think nah man

like any business there has to be an incentive to play us. What will be Colombia national team incentive for playing T&T at this point in their football? They already lined up there pre-copa matches.

1]; } ?>