March 28, 2024, 03:53:34 AM

Author Topic: Bahrain record in Asia Cup 2004  (Read 724 times)

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Bahrain record in Asia Cup 2004
« on: November 11, 2005, 12:01:57 PM »
Howdy,
Much has been said by the Bahrainian posters about there record in the Asia Cup 2004 and how they got there.

Here is there record:
In qualifying while they scored goals they still finished second to IRAQ!. Yes IRAQ in 2003 with no football infrastructure. To make it worse while they beat IRAQ resoundingly 1-0 at home, they LOST to IRAQ 5-1 in Malaysia. Yes IRAQ not Iran. We are not one letter off IRAQ!

In the first round the won one game and tied 2 to finish second behind China. There only win was versus Indonesia 3-2. They had ties versus China and Qatar.

In the second round they won 4-3 on penalties after a 2-2 draw. In the third round they lost to eventual champions Japan 4-3 and for third place they lost 4-2 to Iran.

Nice record.

Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bahrain record in Asia Cup 2004
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 02:18:55 PM »
I ain't know much bout them teams except Japa except bout Qatar from fifa 98. When I started to play that was the side to have practice match against.  :devil:  :devil: 
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Bahrain record in Asia Cup 2004
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 03:39:07 PM »
i feel i could make the bahrain side.even twenty pounds overweight and meh lil knockknee ah go be ah star boy for dem.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>