April 23, 2024, 03:31:59 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Peru Game (23-May-2016)  (Read 34586 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Peru Game (23-May-2016)
« Reply #240 on: May 25, 2016, 06:03:02 AM »
believe timkee was our muse and we let him walk. it was the best time we ever had under a federation president. im saying all this to say that i loath this fat ugly man.

Hindsight is 20/20 as the saying goes. But Every manjack(no pun intended), including me wanted Tim Kee out. TTFA was stagnant. We did not believe that RTK could take the TTFA forward. So we advocate for change. DJW convinced the voters(none of us on this forum could vote) that he can do better. The voters(we all know who they are) voted for him. Contro was against DJW from the beginning. But I could not remember which candidate he backed. But the election was fair. So right now, we need to support the players and the coach, and keep the flambo under the TTFA backside. When the next election come up, all the big mouths on this forum should form a coalition and support(moral, vocal and FINANCIAL) a candidate that we think will serve the interest of FOOTBALL in TT.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 25, 2016, 08:53:25 AM »
We gonna be alright, we were outplayed, over matched and were deficient in talent versus the opposition.

As SH said, this is to evaluate individual players and their level right now and it certainly has done that. Two more games to go, i think the selection headache that was promoted after the last set of qualifiers is not as pronounced as we probably thought.

I think we have a strong group of around 12-15 players. The dozen other players, most of who are on tour are basically squad players and not up to the pace of international football as a collective group. I think if SH can identify 1 or 2 players to insert when it becomes necessary then this tour would be successful. The friendly results will only impact our ability to get more friendlies but if we continue to excel during qualifying then it negates that to some extent.

What makes it clear to me is that one or two strong players does not make a team and even strong players like Hyland and Garcia can look quite ordinary if the rest of team are off the pace. This is a team, there are no stars even in the core group and it takes every piece of the puzzle to work properly.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 25, 2016, 09:00:23 AM »
We gonna be alright, we were outplayed, over matched and were deficient in talent versus the opposition.

As SH said, this is to evaluate individual players and their level right now and it certainly has done that. Two more games to go, i think the selection headache that was promoted after the last set of qualifiers is not as pronounced as we probably thought.

I think we have a strong group of around 12-15 players. The dozen other players, most of who are on tour are basically squad players and not up to the pace of international football as a collective group. I think if SH can identify 1 or 2 players to insert when it becomes necessary then this tour would be successful. The friendly results will only impact our ability to get more friendlies but if we continue to excel during qualifying then it negates that to some extent.

What makes it clear to me is that one or two strong players does not make a team and even strong players like Hyland and Garcia can look quite ordinary if the rest of team are off the pace. This is a team, there are no stars even in the core group and it takes every piece of the puzzle to work properly.

:beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 25, 2016, 09:05:44 AM »

Well said g  :beermug:

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 25, 2016, 05:40:24 PM »
It's not the players fault. TT Pro league is a walking league. It's not so much a matter of talent because there are talented players but they lack the fitness and intensity to step on the international stage. Any decent player should leave TT Pro as soon as possible. Even Nicaragua league is better and more intense and a step in the right direction.

DL your organization has done a terrific job in exposing these players to a new kind of football in Central and North America. You mentioned that John is going on trial in the MLS and most of your players have taken advantage of the opportunity. Since it is obvious that pro league play does not prepare most to play international football, are there any other of your clients who are going on trial after the tour. I know you probably can't name names or teams but any others besides John?

1]; } ?>