March 28, 2024, 03:57:50 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Peru Game (23-May-2016)  (Read 34121 times)

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Peru Game (23-May-2016)
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2016, 09:53:03 PM »
It's not the players fault. TT Pro league is a walking league. It's not so much a matter of talent because there are talented players but they lack the fitness and intensity to step on the international stage. Any decent player should leave TT Pro as soon as possible. Even Nicaragua league is better and more intense and a step in the right direction.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:54:43 PM by Dutty Love »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2016, 10:04:46 PM »
This Pro League will only get better when the coaching stock gets better.  We need to seriously invest in our coaching; they are 20 years behind.  What's even more scary is the John Williams is trying to resurrect some of these obsolete coaches' careers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VERY!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2016, 10:05:37 PM »
Look like Abu got the ball. I eh fault him for making that tackle.
Oh lard I didn't need to see us play like this tonight.

Jes asking ... Would you fault him for lack of awareness or chalk it up to his lack of speed (Boss pass still!)

Definitely his lack of speed was exposed there.

At that height of the match, the actual culprit is likely concentration ... that preceded his vulnerability to pace.

Thankful for the game.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2016, 10:10:12 PM »
bad pass by hyland set up that goal.

was it hyland clearance that lead to the 1st goal too?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2016, 10:14:32 PM »
not to be repetitive but if we had our full squad we would not have been beaten in such a dispicable manner. i believe if molino, jovin, mikiel williams, kenwin, sheldon batau, kavan george, justin hoyte, and jan micheal williams had played we would've at least had a much better showing.  this whole blasted team was trash with the exception of boucard, david and jamal williams, all the rest played tired and clueless.

hyland had an awful game. i guess when you play with bad players you show your bad qualities.
What about Levi or Sean?
i like the both players, but they didn't show up tonight. don't know if its because of the supporting cast, or they were just way over their heads. by the way dasilva gave the ball away a little too much for my taste, and gacia was woeful at defending the flanks and left david out to dry in the first half, im afraid he's all offense.
was it levi who they use to bring the ball out of defense from the right side after they take off cyrus?

i think men jus bias for da silva.. for me he really ent do nuttin.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2016, 10:29:00 PM »
Better coaching has to start before way before these guys get to the pro league. Many of our "professional" players are too technically flawed.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2016, 10:47:13 PM »
Better coaching has to start before way before these guys get to the pro league. Many of our "professional" players are too technically flawed.
facts.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2016, 12:59:19 AM »
not to be repetitive but if we had our full squad we would not have been beaten in such a dispicable manner. i believe if molino, jovin, mikiel williams, kenwin, sheldon batau, kavan george, justin hoyte, and jan micheal williams had played we would've at least had a much better showing.  this whole blasted team was trash with the exception of boucard, david and jamal williams, all the rest played tired and clueless.

hyland had an awful game. i guess when you play with bad players you show your bad qualities.
What about Levi or Sean?
i like the both players, but they didn't show up tonight. don't know if its because of the supporting cast, or they were just way over their heads. by the way dasilva gave the ball away a little too much for my taste, and gacia was woeful at defending the flanks and left david out to dry in the first half, im afraid he's all offense.

Pull,
you quite well. This was far from our full squad and this will happen in exhibitions against good opposition. When I saw the strikers available, I winced. When Plaza starting for TT you know it bad. He tries really hard and scored some goals against mediocre opposition some years back and Hart has stuck with him. As our other strikers make a name for themselves, I think in the next 18 months Plaza will consider himself lucky to make the bench.

Yes our defence was bad bu our midfield and forward line  was nothing to talk about either. Their lack of quality put greater pressure on the defence.

The central defence was like some kind of big gaping vagina.
I know Cyrus had a bad game but I can't believe that a man who played so well in the GC gone tru so. I would like to still be in the mix.

DeSilva didn't have a bad game but it wasn't great either. But I have gotten used to the midfield maestros we had in the 90s.

Winchester looked ok. Considering his lack of experience and the surroundings, he didn't do so bad. This is why we need to have an A team in training so they can get some good blooding.

As our midfield grows and the def. depth is there. Perhaps Hyland could play a CB role.
Did Marshall play, cant remember seeing him.

Had Molino, KJ, JJ, Garcia and Caesar, been there.... different game. Not saying we would've won but better performance.

Goood to know these things before a WC game.

Uruguay next and Plaza is our first choice striker.....Nooooooooooooo.....

VB

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2016, 05:12:47 AM »
I did not see the game. Those who saw it expressed their horror. This is a friendly. What can we say. We are not in position to arrange games for our own benefit. At this point we are beggars. And beggars can't be choosers. We did not have all our "best" players. But I was hoping the locals would have stepped up for this rare opportunity.

Just saw the goals. The first goal probably was savable, but the player headed the ball down on the ground and the ball bounced away from Marvin. The 2nd goal was not really his fault. The guy who dribble Abu was in the 6 yrds box, and Marvin had no chance. Third was embarrassing. Well the penalty .... he went in the right direction and probably could have gotten a finger to it  ...  ;D.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2016, 05:58:46 AM »
Winchester looked ok. Considering his lack of experience and the surroundings, he didn't do so bad. This is why we need to have an A team in training so they can get some good blooding.

While all the criticisms were justified in part due to frustration with the performance, we need to have a team in training and playing out the FIFA against the Caribbean opponents as one of our forumites mentioned above.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2016, 05:59:58 AM »
Its a friendly, we missing a good few starters, no big deal.

This is a good experience for the new players.

Give them time.

Hart know what he's doing.

De only thing I feel they should consider, is playing a small team before we play a big team so we get out de butterflies early and we will be better prepared.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2016, 06:12:52 AM »
Ppl still dreaming in technicolor and everything gone digital to 4k. The only team from South America we MIGHT tie with without our full team maybe Falkland Islands and FG .  We won't throw together somefellas and expect to defeat Guyana and Surinam. This is Peru and Uruguay, they better than any team in our region (my Opinion), yuh think we can throw together some trialist and expect to give them a extended run. What we might be able to do is hold them for awhile, and with experience, coaching and training, extend that hold time. The purpose here however, is to put the players under extreme pressure now, observe and measure, if they are able to hold for some time, then they will hold against our weaker regional competition longer. These guys play against Brazilians, Uruguayians, all of SA, on a regular, few times a year, they accustom to the level. Ppl want to shoot our players and coaches for their lack of what ? really ? I see a little bit of the work Amwood putting down, i'm sure he is not the only good trainer, but testing against big teams, and these are big teams, will allways be a dice roll, aand chance are you won't get the result in numbers you want, but you still get to play the game.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:20:40 AM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2016, 07:06:28 AM »
I see pro-league players getting bash left right and center with some justification. recently, I asked Mike Grayson about the pro-league. he himself is frustrated, perplexed and surprise at this organization. He said he get frustrated about the games. Always changing and sometimes at the last minute. He also find that a 10 team pro-league takes too damn long to conclude their season, which causes disinterest from the public at large. He find the league should be short and compact and should finished by March-April. When more teams come in, then extend.

he said that he watched a couple of JA pro games with their fairly large crowds. The pace of the games appear faster, and crowd interaction made him believe that their league is/was better and their clubs would beat our clubs left, right and center. But when the CFU club championships come around, Trini teams find a way to win. So that leaves him both surprised and perplexed.

So allyuh try to make some sense outta that.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2016, 07:12:04 AM »
Ppl still dreaming in technicolor and everything gone digital to 4k. The only team from South America we MIGHT tie with without our full team maybe Falkland Islands and FG .  We won't throw together somefellas and expect to defeat Guyana and Surinam. This is Peru and Uruguay, they better than any team in our region (my Opinion), yuh think we can throw together some trialist and expect to give them a extended run. What we might be able to do is hold them for awhile, and with experience, coaching and training, extend that hold time. The purpose here however, is to put the players under extreme pressure now, observe and measure, if they are able to hold for some time, then they will hold against our weaker regional competition longer. These guys play against Brazilians, Uruguayians, all of SA, on a regular, few times a year, they accustom to the level. Ppl want to shoot our players and coaches for their lack of what ? really ? I see a little bit of the work Amwood putting down, i'm sure he is not the only good trainer, but testing against big teams, and these are big teams, will allways be a dice roll, aand chance are you won't get the result in numbers you want, but you still get to play the game.

Peru better than Mexico? I don't think so. Mexico has 3 starters at Porto Corona, Layun and H Herrera, two at PSV Guardado and Moreno, a top striker in Bundesliga Chicharito, Vela and Reyes at Real Sociedad, Peralta and Aguilar at America (easily top 5 team
in the Americas), and Giovani Dos Santos. I didn't really know the Peruvian players.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 07:19:35 AM by Dutty Love »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2016, 07:31:53 AM »

The most objective and intelligent post.  There is no way a second string team of Pro Leaguers could be expected to provide any opposition to a Comebol team. Even with our 1st team, it was going to be difficult.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 24, 2016, 07:47:27 AM »
NO MORE PLAZA PLEASE!!
NO MORE PLAZA PLEASE!!

if Hart like him that much maybe he should try him as a goalie... he might be better at preventing goals than scoring dem!!!
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 24, 2016, 08:06:31 AM »

Peru better than Mexico? I don't think so. Mexico has 3 starters at Porto Corona, Layun and H Herrera, two at PSV Guardado and Moreno, a top striker in Bundesliga Chicharito, Vela and Reyes at Real Sociedad, Peralta and Aguilar at America (easily top 5 team
in the Americas), and Giovani Dos Santos. I didn't really know the Peruvian players.

Good reason for that: this was a Peru in renovation. A Peru with players on debut being influential. A Peru in transition. Most of Peru's Copa America squad are domestically-based. And players on debut not being intimidated by the environment. One or two names will become familiar.

I listened to the entirety of Ricardo Gareca's post-match comments and a couple things struck me. (1). The Peruvian media is more sophisticated in the questions they ask of the NT coach than our media. How so? Questions were rooted in knowledge of the game, references to context about variations regarding use of the players in the league versus on the NT etc. Relevance? With the media being "plugged in" from covering professional football (despite ... and I'll be the first to say, their domestic league having suffered some issues), there have been gains. If the media has benefited from that, imagine the benefit for the players.

(2). Mental quality of the coach. Gareca: very reflective. Introspective. Thoughtful. Able to express his universe. Prior to SH, we suffered through long days without this. Latas had his moments, but perhaps not the patience to deal with some of the ignorance asked of him by the media.

Anyhow, consider that Pizarro and Farfan (names you definitely know or should know) were called up for qualifying recently, but not for present purposes.

For a small nation, we have a fair number of foreign-based relative to bigger Peru. Yeah, the Pro League is not perfect but it was home to some who have moved on.

Will say this too: we are still in the hunt for a Cornell Glen. The answer is not yet with us.

Good post, maxg.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 08:09:38 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 24, 2016, 08:14:34 AM »
I did not see the game. Those who saw it expressed their horror. This is a friendly. What can we say. We are not in position to arrange games for our own benefit. At this point we are beggars. And beggars can't be choosers. We did not have all our "best" players. But I was hoping the locals would have stepped up for this rare opportunity.

Just saw the goals. The first goal probably was savable, but the player headed the ball down on the ground and the ball bounced away from Marvin. The 2nd goal was not really his fault. The guy who dribble Abu was in the 6 yrds box, and Marvin had no chance. Third was embarrassing. Well the penalty .... he went in the right direction and probably could have gotten a finger to it  ...  ;D.

Was it not Marvin who saved PKs during the Gold Cup? Ppl here tend to have short memories?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 24, 2016, 08:20:42 AM »
What we might be able to do is hold them for awhile, and with experience, coaching and training, extend that hold time. The purpose here however, is to put the players under extreme pressure now, observe and measure, if they are able to hold for some time, then they will hold against our weaker regional competition longer.

As much as the pro-leaguers disspapointed us, the fact is MOST of them have never been properly coached or exposed to this level. This kind of pressure should start with national teams at U-16 level minimum.  Even Paul and DeSilva who were our top midfielders in two world cups have regressed to the local level. So whatfrom  do we expect players like Tristan Hodge, Andre Ettiene, and Weslie John?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 24, 2016, 08:30:14 AM »

Will say this too: we are still in the hunt for a Cornell Glen. The answer is not yet with us.

Good post, maxg.

Really? I think we have some players who can be as good or better. What we need is to push for a development system that will yield some Nakhids, and God willing, maybe a Latapy.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2016, 08:33:57 AM »
At least Weslie John fought for relegation and has been getting exposed to the concept of playing under pressure and intensity. He will be on trial with Houston Dynamo at the end of this national team tour and hopefully it will help him succeed

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2016, 08:37:25 AM »
I don't like to...but I must:

If Hart keeps Cyrus in our starting 11 I am warning you all that there is a massive World Cup participation mistake in that boy that WILL cost us.

You can have all the athleticism and speed in the world but you see Brain ? sorry that boy does not have one.

He even playing club football ?

Massive liability. Squad player yes and should be used only in emergency at Right Back only. Him in the CB position will be a disaster.

Plaza is another one with the same skill set like Cyrus but zero brains.

Last night proved how important Andre Boucaud is to this team. Zero ball retention without him on the pitch

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2016, 08:50:38 AM »
It's not the players fault. TT Pro league is a walking league. It's not so much a matter of talent because there are talented players but they lack the fitness and intensity to step on the international stage. Any decent player should leave TT Pro as soon as possible. Even Nicaragua league is better and more intense and a step in the right direction.
Good info, from what I saw we did not match their intensity when the game started and it went down hill fast.
The real reason for these games is to gauge where the the Pro-Leaguers are from a fitness, technical and a working football brain (i.e. who could carry out the coach's instruction on the field).

De Silva wasn't bad, need to be monitored.
Surprised how Leston Paul has fallen off since the U-17 days.
Weslie John is a keeper.
When Boucard came on is when the midfield started to humm.
Hyland......was who he was.
Everyone else  :cursing:

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2016, 09:31:06 AM »
Only looked at the highlights but 3 of the goals was due to our defense being very ordinary. Positioning of the keeper was also piss poor he didn't  provide much resistance at the back.Hope we fear better against Uruguay seems we are going to have problems coping with the south american fast pace style of play.   

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2016, 09:35:47 AM »

Good post, maxg.

Really? I think we have some players who can be as good or better. What we need is to push for a development system that will yield some Nakhids, and God willing, maybe a Latapy.

That might be, but do we have the luxury of waiting for them to blossom? Who do you have in mind?

(By the way, note the comment was "a" Cornell, not necessarily the man himself).

Separately ...

I wonder what it would be like to have Trevin Caesar with extended use. Not sure what his defensive contribution is as a presence up front, but a player who places defences on their heels, helps us defensively by dictating caution for the opponent.

Generally, I don't find evidence of such dynamism in the stock of forwards.

Was disappointed by Winchester's election to go left last night when I thought he should have attacked the defender on the right. The difference? An intuitive, unpredictable player in Caesar versus one clearly thinking the game on the same sheet as the players tasked with defending him.

Discuss.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2016, 09:45:04 AM »
Only looked at the highlights but 3 of the goals was due to our defense being very ordinary. Positioning of the keeper was also piss poor he didn't  provide much resistance at the back.Hope we fear better against Uruguay seems we are going to have problems coping with the south american fast pace style of play.   

Come on guys, if you think T&T looked bad against Peru, wiat until you see a full-strength, world #3 ranked Chile tackle the hapless reggaeboyz in Santiago on Friday. Ill be happy if we come away with 4-0 defeat. Heh heh.

Peru are no St. Vincent or Guatemala.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2016, 10:25:25 AM »
people missing the point here. and the point is..........we should never play any friendlies outside of the fifa date where our best players could match skills against quality teams, or else what the bloody point of playing a afriendly with players we are not going to use in any serious competitive game.

how many times hart needs to see players who may or may not be able to play at this level. remember this happened to us against haiti in january where we went with a half ass team and got whipped. let the experiment be over i say, and only play games in the fifa window so that our full team could experience better opposition and learn to stand firm under the pressure.

watching that game yesterday reminded me of the days of the black list where we ate a considerable amount of licks from teams like bermuda, grenada the usa mexico and gaudeloupe of all teams. i think its time hart got a good gauge on who could cut it at this level and who can't.

not saying that our A team would have beaten peru, but at least we would have been able to compete. people just don't understand when you play with a predominantly pro league team, the few first team players in their mids would perform poorly as well.

and even though we were only missing eight starters that still a big gap to fill, with players like jan williams, JJ, KJ, molino, bateau, mekiel williams,  hoyte, kavan goerge and a few super subs like neval hackshaw, trevin ceasar, ball pest and cato all missing from such a top notch friendly, i believe these players would have at least made the game more competitive and not such a stroll in the park.

also its time for some players to realize that their sell by date has reached and past. players like cyrus, peltier, guerra, plaza, and to some extent winchester has been around the first team now for the better part of two years and they are yet to make a serious impact on the team.

yesterday we got a valuable lesson in speed , tactical ability, mobility on and off the ball, i mean they basically scrambled our midfield and defense and walked right into the goal, abu bakar of all people suprised the dickens out of me when he got clowned in his box, how does a mdfield allow people to play tic tac toe in you defensive third.

and one more thing, hart should never ever evr pick leston paul ever again on this team. this boy was good in the junior ranks and that's it, he never developed into anything special, so stop living in the past, he can't cut it at this level, as for da silver, well the jury's still out on him, maybe he could hang around a little and see where he can contribute, but he is definitely not a starter.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2016, 10:31:58 AM »

Was it not Marvin who saved PKs during the Gold Cup? Ppl here tend to have short memories?
that's about the best quality marvin has, and he's benn saving them from the best, like the one he saved in costa rice in 2009 world cup campaign, but that about all he has the guy is very poor in my estimation and i hope jan gets well soon before the world cup qualifers roll around. and if you think jan is scary then get a sip of marvin because marvin is a very scary goal tender brother, and one i have no faith in.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:18:43 AM by pull stones »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2016, 10:34:21 AM »

They haven't played often but since 2000 Peru has dominated. Previous to that Mexico dominated. Has Mexico regressed or Peru improved ? I think the latter, point is, WE playing them with even 1 player of our 1st team missing would always be problems in all aspects of the game, especially with many trialist, then out and out pressure. Yet, this is where you separate goat from sheep, and Horse from Donkey, yet all still have there uses, depending on what is required.

18 Jul 2001   Peru v Mexico   L   1-0   Copa America
21 Aug 2003   Mexico v Peru   L   1-3   International friendly
08 Jun 2008   Mexico v Peru   W   4-0   International friendly
08 Jul 2011   Peru v Mexico   L   1-0   Copa America
03 Jun 2015   Peru v Mexico   D   1-1   International friendly

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 24, 2016, 10:39:40 AM »

Good post, maxg.

cornel glen what. kiss meh teeth. we have great attackers now compared to what we went to germany with. players like molino, jovin jones, levi garcia and cummings would put players like colin samuels, jason scotland, evens wise, anthony wolf and cornel glen to shame, only stern john and kenwin jones would have fit in with this new attacking squad.

1]; } ?>