April 19, 2024, 04:33:32 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Peru Game (23-May-2016)  (Read 34532 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Peru Game (23-May-2016)
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2016, 10:42:04 AM »
I don't like to...but I must:

If Hart keeps Cyrus in our starting 11 I am warning you all that there is a massive World Cup participation mistake in that boy that WILL cost us.

You can have all the athleticism and speed in the world but you see Brain ? sorry that boy does not have one.

He even playing club football ?

Massive liability. Squad player yes and should be used only in emergency at Right Back only. Him in the CB position will be a disaster.

Plaza is another one with the same skill set like Cyrus but zero brains.

Last night proved how important Andre Boucaud is to this team. Zero ball retention without him on the pitch
pure facts. couldn't have said it better myself.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 24, 2016, 10:43:52 AM »

Will say this too: we are still in the hunt for a Cornell Glen. The answer is not yet with us.

Good post, maxg.

Really? I think we have some players who can be as good or better. What we need is to push for a development system that will yield some Nakhids, and God willing, maybe a Latapy.
cornel glen what. kiss meh teeth. we have great attackers now compared to what we went to germany with. players like molino, jovin jones, levi garcia and cummings would put players like colin samuels, jason scotland, evens wise, anthony wolf and cornel glen to shame, only stern john and kenwin jones would have fit in with this new attacking squad.

I doh disagree with you, but yuh lumping players with different attacking personalities into one pile.

Despite, Molino, JJ, Levi, KJ and Cummings all having attacking virtue, they lack a characteristic we need.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 24, 2016, 10:53:32 AM »
Only looked at the highlights but 3 of the goals was due to our defense being very ordinary. Positioning of the keeper was also piss poor he didn't  provide much resistance at the back.Hope we fear better against Uruguay seems we are going to have problems coping with the south american fast pace style of play.   

Come on guys, if you think T&T looked bad against Peru, wiat until you see a full-strength, world #3 ranked Chile tackle the hapless reggaeboyz in Santiago on Friday. Ill be happy if we come away with 4-0 defeat. Heh heh.

Peru are no St. Vincent or Guatemala.
bredder, if we had our 8 starters there was no way peru would have played rounders with us. could you imagine jamaica going to the copa with eight ordinary players from arnet gardens, water house and mobay united? well that's what happened to us last night.

players like da silva, leston paul, plaza, cyrus, hector, john, winchester, marcus joseph, curtis gonzales, tristen hodges, williams from connection, and one other player who's name evades me, but they were all local who would not get a snuff at first team ball. it;'s time to stop playing games out side the fifa window, and this should be the very last time we do such a thing. it's watseful and amount to nothing, we can't even gauge how our best team would stand up to such an opposition so whats the use.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:22:16 AM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2016, 11:06:39 AM »
So let me ask everyone who breathing fire out of their noses. Why did our first team guys not play? There was a reason. They were unavailable. And why should the coach not try local players. When do you want him to give them a run? In an actually WC game?!! This game was outside the FIFA window. I know it is hard watching our boys get destroyed, but the locals need experience.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 24, 2016, 11:24:39 AM »
So let me ask everyone who breathing fire out of their noses. Why did our first team guys not play? There was a reason. They were unavailable. And why should the coach not try local players. When do you want him to give them a run? In an actually WC game?!! This game was outside the FIFA window. I know it is hard watching our boys get destroyed, but the locals need experience.
i say no more quality games outside the fifa window because 90% of these players would not be selected to play in a competitive game in the fifa dates, so whats the use in such a fruitless game. it only helps to embarrass us.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 24, 2016, 11:55:23 AM »
I think people need to give a break to Weslie John. His performances in El Salvador have been better than Yohance's time there and arguably better than Mekeil in Guatemala and those two were really good in those leagues. I would like to see him in a line of 4 with Aubrey, Bateau and Williams before judging.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:57:45 AM by Dutty Love »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 24, 2016, 11:59:35 AM »
Ppl still dreaming in technicolor and everything gone digital to 4k. The only team from South America we MIGHT tie with without our full team maybe Falkland Islands and FG .  We won't throw together somefellas and expect to defeat Guyana and Surinam. This is Peru and Uruguay, they better than any team in our region (my Opinion), yuh think we can throw together some trialist and expect to give them a extended run. What we might be able to do is hold them for awhile, and with experience, coaching and training, extend that hold time. The purpose here however, is to put the players under extreme pressure now, observe and measure, if they are able to hold for some time, then they will hold against our weaker regional competition longer. These guys play against Brazilians, Uruguayians, all of SA, on a regular, few times a year, they accustom to the level. Ppl want to shoot our players and coaches for their lack of what ? really ? I see a little bit of the work Amwood putting down, i'm sure he is not the only good trainer, but testing against big teams, and these are big teams, will allways be a dice roll, aand chance are you won't get the result in numbers you want, but you still get to play the game.

Peru better than Mexico? I don't think so. Mexico has 3 starters at Porto Corona, Layun and H Herrera, two at PSV Guardado and Moreno, a top striker in Bundesliga Chicharito, Vela and Reyes at Real Sociedad, Peralta and Aguilar at America (easily top 5 team
in the Americas), and Giovani Dos Santos. I didn't really know the Peruvian players.
They haven't played often but since 2000 Peru has dominated. Previous to that Mexico dominated. Has Mexico regressed or Peru improved ? I think the latter, point is, WE playing them with even 1 player of our 1st team missing would always be problems in all aspects of the game, especially with many trialist, then out and out pressure. Yet, this is where you separate goat from sheep, and Horse from Donkey, yet all still have there uses, depending on what is required.

18 Jul 2001   Peru v Mexico   L   1-0   Copa America
21 Aug 2003   Mexico v Peru   L   1-3   International friendly
08 Jun 2008   Mexico v Peru   W   4-0   International friendly
08 Jul 2011   Peru v Mexico   L   1-0   Copa America
03 Jun 2015   Peru v Mexico   D   1-1   International friendly

yes but Mexico sends its B team to Copa America and friendlies are friendlies.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2016, 12:17:58 PM »
yes but Mexico sends its B team to Copa America and friendlies are friendlies

I don't think Mex will be sending their B team to this Copa.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 24, 2016, 12:18:48 PM »
ok..so your judgement of best team is based on where the individual players ply their trade ? but note Peru beat Paraguay who recently hold Brazil and Argentina to ties, WC qual.. How come Brazil didn't overrun them, with all their international ballers. I think cause the game is a Team game played on the pitch, and not on paper. So in my opinion, whether we or Mexico send a B team(D team in our case), or we or them had our A team..the recent final result say them win. You can have the best individual players and still lose to the best team..u might even have the best players and best team, and still lose..and you argue but we had we best team and outplaythem till thy kingdom come, but moving on and up will be the winners...this was basically members of Peru A TEAM by the way.

add: and now, SH after this tour and a few more games, will have an idea on who can step up, and who, once he has advised them will be able to learn and who can or won't add a challenged and tested dynamic to what we already have.. it's under duress when the strong pull of amazing feats..otherwise ppl could just email the scores and not bother to play the game, based on who playing where.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:24:56 PM by maxg »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2016, 12:53:52 PM »
Only looked at the highlights but 3 of the goals was due to our defense being very ordinary. Positioning of the keeper was also piss poor he didn't  provide much resistance at the back.Hope we fear better against Uruguay seems we are going to have problems coping with the south american fast pace style of play.   

Come on guys, if you think T&T looked bad against Peru, wiat until you see a full-strength, world #3 ranked Chile tackle the hapless reggaeboyz in Santiago on Friday. Ill be happy if we come away with 4-0 defeat. Heh heh.

bredder, if we had our 8 starters there was no way peru would have played rounders with us. could you imagine jamaica going to the copa with eight ordinary players from arnet gardens, water house and mobay united? well that's what happened to us last night.

players like da silva, leston paul, plaza, cyrus, hector, john, winchester, marcus joseph, curtis gonzales, tristen hodges, williams from connection, and one other player who's name evades me, but they were all local who would not get a snuff at first team ball. it;'s time to stop playing games out side the fifa window, and this should be the very last time we do such a thing. it's watseful and amount to nothing, we can't even gauge how our best team would stand up to such an opposition so whats the use.

That's what I'm saying man, I find that you guys are stressing too much over this result...although i can understand given the recent rich vein of form your teams have been in going back last summer at the gold cup.  I don't know, but you need a strong bench to get through world cup qualifying...at some point throughout a long campaign players will accumulate yellow cards, get red cards, get injured, lose passport , lose form, get old or get love sick from being away from their woman/women for long period of times. ehe heh. Not playing these games because of unavailability of starters would be sending the wrong message.  All your stars today started out in your doemstic league, or most of them...so to ignore the very league that produced Joevin Jones etc is not the way forward.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2016, 01:23:49 PM »
ok..so your judgement of best team is based on where the individual players ply their trade ? but note Peru beat Paraguay who recently hold Brazil and Argentina to ties, WC qual.. How come Brazil didn't overrun them, with all their international ballers. I think cause the game is a Team game played on the pitch, and not on paper. So in my opinion, whether we or Mexico send a B team(D team in our case), or we or them had our A team..the recent final result say them win. You can have the best individual players and still lose to the best team..u might even have the best players and best team, and still lose..and you argue but we had we best team and outplaythem till thy kingdom come, but moving on and up will be the winners...this was basically members of Peru A TEAM by the way.
Not to mention Peru made it to the semi-final of the COPA America last year, in fact they came 3rd by beating Paraguay 2-0.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 24, 2016, 01:33:02 PM »

That's what I'm saying man, I find that you guys are stressing too much over this result...although i can understand given the recent rich vein of form your teams have been in going back last summer at the gold cup.  I don't know, but you need a strong bench to get through world cup qualifying...at some point throughout a long campaign players will accumulate yellow cards, get red cards, get injured, lose passport , lose form, get old or get love sick from being away from their woman/women for long period of times. ehe heh. Not playing these games because of unavailability of starters would be sending the wrong message.  All your stars today started out in your doemstic league, or most of them...so to ignore the very league that produced Joevin Jones etc is not the way forward.
while all that's true we are still yet to find quality opponents for the first team during fifa dates. my point is you never see argentina, brazil, usa, itally and england playing their senior team without their best players, and the reason for this is to have their first team familiar with each other so they can form a bond.

no piece together team no matter how good they are will beat a team that has chemestry and eqalibrium. just look at the usa for example. every time they run out they are at least playing with a different team except the core players like bradly and dempsey and i think that is why they are putting out so many bad performances.

in the past the usa would play with a core of team players, boca negra, oneywo, beasely, donovan, dempsey, cheng, sasha questren (or what ever his name is) franky hedjuk (whatever his name is) coby jones and eddie johnson. and these guys had enormous success because they played as a unit for years so they understood each other very well, that's how they got passed teams like brazil and spain because they had cohesion and that don't come but with time playing together.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:36:57 PM by pull stones »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2016, 03:06:10 PM »
1. Big teams prefer to play Big teams during the Fifa window. We are not a big team.(some countries might even consider USA or even Ja a bigger team than we, just because they know them socially. Unless yuh say  "Dwight Yorke ", maybe he can get us something)
2. The issue of not having 1st team together is affecting every country without a strong domestic league, or countries where the majority of players play abroad. Even the USA league and distance is affecting their training and selection. This now includes Euro teams - MLS/Asia.
3. Coaches are now attempting to develop blueprints & plans whereby they have as much players operating to that plan, so whoever comes together will be on the same page. Players who cannot follow the blueprint obviously will be left out.
4. We can refuse non-Fifa date games, and flying back our A team from all over the world (IF their club lets them) to play Concacaf teams on Fifa dates, but will the week stint put them in a groove ? or we can take the games and the coach re-inforces and teach ppl to read the blueprint, and have everyone execute the plan.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:56:14 PM by maxg »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2016, 05:01:38 PM »

big up to the team!! you play your best fellas and that is all we could ever ask for. no one on that field could be accused of not putting the 100. first off.

second, this post real throw away the wheat with the chaff and has some misguided logic that all you need is 11 good players for an entire WC campaign. put all the eggs in that basket.  b/c while many in your list didn't grab the opportunity i would like to see John, Marcus joseph, and williams again...maybe even hodges and de silva before I throw them out.

I for one glad the youths get a chance to experience what the top level of play is like...give them something to aspire to, you never know who will step up to the challenge in the future. The best teams does get 4 sometimes.  Good luck against Uruguay Soca Warriors!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2016, 05:11:21 PM »

Will say this too: we are still in the hunt for a Cornell Glen. The answer is not yet with us.

Good post, maxg.

Really? I think we have some players who can be as good or better. What we need is to push for a development system that will yield some Nakhids, and God willing, maybe a Latapy.
cornel glen what. kiss meh teeth. we have great attackers now compared to what we went to germany with. players like molino, jovin jones, levi garcia and cummings would put players like colin samuels, jason scotland, evens wise, anthony wolf and cornel glen to shame, only stern john and kenwin jones would have fit in with this new attacking squad.
Scotty would thrive better than KJ in this current team. And that's not a dis to KJ.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 24, 2016, 05:13:47 PM »
Allyuh need to stop lying to allyuhself. MOST of these players on this team against Peru have played for TnT several occasions in the past. They are not new, most of them are NOT youths. We did not learn anything new from them against Peru. As expected they struggled. Winchester has been playing for T&T for years, same with Hector, same with Marvin Philip..the list goes on..so allyuh stop talking shit.

Now we are in the middle of a World Cup campaign and not having our first team play together (for whatever reason, FIFA date or not) to continue chemistry will not help them the next time they play together in a World Cup qualifier.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:15:24 PM by Sando prince »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 24, 2016, 07:38:44 PM »

Good post, maxg.

Agreed. We have a stronger core of attacking players and greater defensive depth. What we do need are midfield organizer/hard man and a supporting creative cast to move the ball to these players.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 24, 2016, 08:37:37 PM »

Good post, maxg.

That might be, but do we have the luxury of waiting for them to blossom? Who do you have in mind?

(By the way, note the comment was "a" Cornell, not necessarily the man himself).

Separately ...

I wonder what it would be like to have Trevin Caesar with extended use. Not sure what his defensive contribution is as a presence up front, but a player who places defences on their heels, helps us defensively by dictating caution for the opponent.

Generally, I don't find evidence of such dynamism in the stock of forwards.

Was disappointed by Winchester's election to go left last night when I thought he should have attacked the defender on the right. The difference? An intuitive, unpredictable player in Caesar versus one clearly thinking the game on the same sheet as the players tasked with defending him.

Discuss.

We have a more diversified set of goalscorers now, who can score consistently and down to the wire. Do you want to return to the days when T&T was dependent on the athleticism/effort of one or two players?  Mind you I'm not refusing a player of that calibre...just saying this team needs a Nakhid/late stage Yorke or a Latas more than a Glenn.

In terms of explosiveness and speed no one is in Glenn's class. Maybe Garcia and Cato approach that...But we have a whole other assortment of attacking players who should be vying for selection by 2017. Brent Sam, Khadeem Corbin Ricardo John, Rundell Winchester and a few more from the U-23s etc.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 24, 2016, 08:45:59 PM »

Why no one talking about our keeper......

We need a keeper badly.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 24, 2016, 08:47:17 PM »
something just occurred to me maybe SH is being setup to fail.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 24, 2016, 08:49:22 PM »

Why no one talking about our keeper......

We need a keeper badly.
you need to scroll back a few pages and you'll see where he got his fair share of criticism.

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 24, 2016, 08:52:08 PM »
Thanks
Things moving to quick on this topic.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 24, 2016, 08:56:11 PM »

If Hart keeps Cyrus in our starting 11 I am warning you all that there is a massive World Cup participation mistake in that boy that WILL cost us.

You can have all the athleticism and speed in the world but you see Brain ? sorry that boy does not have one.

Massive liability. Squad player yes and should be used only in emergency at Right Back only. Him in the CB position will be a disaster.

Last night proved how important Andre Boucaud is to this team. Zero ball retention without him on the pitch

Banter don't worry yourself, Cyrus ONLY playing in these games cause Hoyte couldn't make it. I've addressed the Cyrus issue -- and get fire for it -- on here before. I used to like him but he's not ready...hence the reason he's back at home playing in the pro league, it's pretty simple. Other coaches see the same thing poor humble me sees;)

Hopefully we have others who can play right back.

Additionally, Hart continued selection of Cyrus used to make me question his coaching ability?? Especially when I see Cyrus try to dribble midfielders -- and lose the ball -- right in front Hart? Then Hoyte came along and I was GOOD:)

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 24, 2016, 09:06:01 PM »
We all know JW get rid of the D wants SH to fail. He admitted to a reporter off the record that he had grounds to fire a Hart but did not because the public will not forgive him. He said coaches usually fire themselves so once we start to get nuff licks he will be history.

The team is well coached he just did not have the personnel to execute his plan.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 24, 2016, 09:21:44 PM »

Banter don't worry yourself, Cyrus ONLY playing in these games cause Hoyte couldn't make it. I've addressed the Cyrus issue -- and get fire for it -- on here before. I used to like him but he's not ready...hence the reason he's back at home playing in the pro league, it's pretty simple. Other coaches see the same thing poor humble me sees;)

Hopefully we have others who can play right back.

Additionally, Hart continued selection of Cyrus used to make me question his coaching ability?? Especially when I see Cyrus try to dribble midfielders -- and lose the ball -- right in front Hart? Then Hoyte came along and I was GOOD:)

Aubrey David and Mekeil Williams are playing right back at their clubs these days

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 24, 2016, 09:22:17 PM »
We all know JW get rid of the D wants SH to fail. He admitted to a reporter off the record that he had grounds to fire a Hart but did not because the public will not forgive him. He said coaches usually fire themselves so once we start to get nuff licks he will be history.

The team is well coached he just did not have the personnel to execute his plan.
i have a feeling that this is jack warner and the is 2006 warriors all over again with this disgusting david williams man. did anyone notice that since this man showed up as president we had a bad string of luck?

i believe timkee was our muse and we let him walk. it was the best time we ever had under a federation president. im saying all this to say that i loath this fat ugly man.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #236 on: May 24, 2016, 10:25:02 PM »
I told men to bookmark my post from the beginning...

David want to replace Hart and he is trying his hardest to do it... He is a control freak, autocrat, dictator extraordinaire...

He fired the press officer in fear of negative press... he is organizing matches outside the window to make money and get caps for his players and his partners players... he doesn't care if we don't make world cup... that's not his goal..

David is not patriotic, he is not a true son of the soil, he's a seedy businessman/politician that runs a local team and has now been given the keys to the city... he doesn't want to answer to anyone... this is the man that was elected, when there was better men that could have lifted our football from the abyss... even tim kee was better by miles... which is saddening..

let the board learn their lesson and realize how idiotic they can be and naive... this 2nd team nonsense should not continue and it serves zero purpose... our first team not bonding and playing together, leaves us at a disadvantage... building a bench is important but after this exercise that should be it.. we have seen enough, the keeper needs to be replaced and others will remain on the fringes because they not up to scratch...

David doesn't have a clue what the hell he is doing btw...

Actually... I take that back, he does, but it is not aligned with the best interests of TT football...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:27:52 PM by Controversial »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 25, 2016, 12:16:48 AM »
We all know JW get rid of the D JW 2.0 wants SH to fail. He admitted to a reporter off the record that he had grounds to fire a Hart but did not because the public will not forgive him. He said coaches usually fire themselves so once we start to get nuff licks he will be history.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 25, 2016, 04:32:24 AM »
Phillip - Inconsistent.

Hyland - Very inconsistent.

Cyrus - Has fallen off badly.

Plaza - Is not up to international standard.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 25, 2016, 05:33:08 AM »
something just occurred to me maybe SH is being setup to fail.

Connect the dots for us a lil more. Paint a fuller picture nah.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 05:34:54 AM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>