March 29, 2024, 04:15:48 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs China Game (03-June-2016)  (Read 28744 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Thread for T&T vs China Game (03-June-2016)
« on: April 26, 2016, 02:17:28 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago to play China on June 3rd
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men’s Team will have a third international match added to its slate of international fixtures scheduled to start on May 23rd after confirming a Friendly with China’s National Senior Team to be played on June 3rd   in the City of Qin Huang Dao.

TTFA President David John-Williams disclosed on Tuesday that the game, which falls inside the international window, has been confirmed and the “Soca Warriors” will travel to China following its match against Uruguay on May 27th. T&T will also face Peru in Lima on May 23rd.

T&T has faced China only once before at the senior international level, losing 3-0 during a four-nation tournament on September 5th 2001 at the Shanghai Stadium under then head coach Rene Simoes.

Looking ahead to the encounter, T&T head coach Stephen Hart described the fixture as one which be a “telling” experience for the team.

“China has shown that they want to be an international powerhouse in the game. They have secured some high profile games just like we have and coming on the back of the Uruguay game, this will be a telling experience for us,”Hart told TTFA Media.

“We are grateful for the opportunity and this is one that may open new footballing doors to Asia for us in the future,” he added.

“Our line up of games is quite healthy and we now have a busy schedule beginning later this month as we continue our focus on the two World Cup qualifying games in September against Guatemala and the United States,” Hart said.

China has qualified for the final phase of Asian World Cup qualifying for the first time since 2001 when they went on to qualify for the 2002 World Cup. They defeated Qatar 2-0 in a World Cup qualifier on March 29th and are also preparing for a June 7th Friendly against Andorra. Their next World Cup assignment is against South Korea on September 1st and Iran five days later.

China’s National Development and Reform Commission released a plan a few weeks ago to have one of the world’s leading national teams by 2050. The first stage, already underway, is to introduce soccer in 20,000 schools, with 30 million children playing the game regularly by the end of the decade. The midterm stage, to take place from 2021 to 2030, is for the men’s national team to become one of the standout teams in Asia.

There has been a lot of action and progress in the Chinese Super League. After five years of rising spending, the league as a whole spent around $300 million over the winter to acquire players like Alex Teixeira of Brazil and Jackson Martínez of Colombia. Other names that have joined the Chinese Super League in the past include Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka and Frederic Kanoute. The League has several players from Brazil and Latin America. Among the managers who have had former jobs there include ex-Argentina coach Sergio Batista and Italian Marcello Lippi.

dem fellas workin boy  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:30:05 PM by Tallman »
I pity the fool....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Away friendly to China in june
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 02:25:06 PM »
They are! Congrats to the TTFA, on securing this fixture.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad and Tobago to play China on June 3rd
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 02:57:15 PM »
Ching Chong Maka Hilo... tnt go beat allyuh like MILO.
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 02:57:38 PM »
opps...sorry..just a lil tnt kicks..love to all
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 03:00:12 PM »
:applause: Have to give the TTFA they due for getting this series of Friendlies!  :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 03:04:11 PM »
You know how long I haven't heard this :D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for T&T vs China Game (03-June-2016)
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 03:04:30 PM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on T&T vs China game on the 3rd of June 2016 in China will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers

Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Glenroy Samuel (North East Stars).

Defenders

Daneil Cyrus (W-Connection),  Yohance Marshall (Murcielagos FC/Mexico), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa/Costa Rica), Radanfah Abu Bakr (HB Koge/Denmark), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Andre Ettienne (Central FC), Tristan Hodge (W-Connection), Weslie John (CD Universidad de El Salvador), Alvin Jones (W-Connection).

Midfielders

Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge), Hughtun Hector (W-Connection), Sean De Silva (Central FC), Leston Paul (Central FC), Jomal Williams (W-Connection), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh).

Forwards

Willis Plaza (Unattached), Shahdon Winchester (W-Connection), Makesi Lewis (Police FC).

Coach - Stephen Hart.

China Squad

Goalkeepers

To be updated.

Defenders

To be updated.

Midfielders

To be updated.

Forwards

To be updated.

Coach - To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:51:20 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs China Game (03-June-2016)
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 03:17:30 PM »
Well, DJW really stepping things up here. I am impressed.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UkwOBSczxlQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UkwOBSczxlQ</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 04:00:44 PM »
This is real good news.   When we playing Venezuela?  ;)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 04:06:32 PM »

Coach may just have to pick a 35 man squad pool for all three games Peru, Uruguay and China..and then pick the best 20 for each game

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 07:16:57 PM »
I wonder who set thus one up? DJW or China? Regardless good going. Looks like DJW is a man of action.

I wouldn't be surprised if another friendly comes up against an Asian team as we will already be in Asia.

Still need a friendly for August. I think one will come.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 10:08:46 PM »
Chinese Football Match Rio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkwOBSczxlQ

Big Mag...  ;D   
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 11:20:53 PM »
Also Thailand FA are considering us as replacement for Montenegro in a four nation tournament in June.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 04:11:39 AM »
My eyes burning meh.

De TTFA really making meh eat meh words.

Good job.

China have a good team, ah like Yang Xu.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:11:23 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 05:52:43 AM »
Excellent work for these, hopefully they'll add some money into the coffers

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 05:59:29 AM »
What a motivation- Play for T&T and see the world, In May / June- Peru , Uruguay , China.
 I am happy for the coach and the players. Russia here we come

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2016, 08:04:08 AM »
Give credit when it's due....nice one.... :devil:
Progress....now it's up to the Warriors..to get the max out of these three games
The only distraction is who Hart have at his disposal
Raspect to the administration.... :devil:

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 08:40:42 AM »
I have asked some Chinese boys I studied with to explain "ching mako hilo",and they didn't know what it means.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 09:09:52 AM »
I have asked some Chinese boys I studied with to explain "ching mako hilo",and they didn't know what it means.

I never thought it actually meant anything. Even if it did, did those guys speak Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisan, Haka,...
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2016, 11:34:58 AM »

I never thought it actually meant anything. Even if it did, did those guys speak Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisan, Haka,...
he should try google translate   :rotfl:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 11:58:44 AM »

first hear dat in high school........den grow up and realize dat chinese barely resembles collections of "ching" and chong and dat dat phase sounded way too "english" to be chinese.
I pity the fool....

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 12:17:33 PM »

first hear dat in high school........den grow up and realize dat chinese barely resembles collections of "ching" and chong and dat dat phase sounded way too "english" "Trini" to be chinese.

Fixed it for you.  ;D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 12:26:33 PM »

first hear dat in high school........den grow up and realize dat chinese barely resembles collections of "ching" and chong and dat dat phase sounded way too "english" "Trini" to be chinese.

Fixed it for you.  ;D

yeah dat ;D.....thanks :beermug: :beermug: ;) ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 12:49:07 PM »

BM I say we are contemparies but never heard that saying.

Congrats DJW.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 01:26:23 PM »

BM I say we are contemparies but never heard that saying.

Congrats DJW.

primary school sis....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 01:55:25 PM »
Deeks, yuh know the Wong Pak story, from QRC ?

So meh boy Wong Pak family owned a Shop in Belmont (there was 3 in our area, William on Clifford st,Wong by Archer st and meh padna from St James sec. Fu Man Chu on the circular). Well, we wanted to know if all dem bad Chinee sayings and signs was true, and Herbert used to like to kick up, so we talk a small man( a lil dougla fella from quitety quite) in school to go give Wong the sign, nobody know why dem Chinee does get so vex for, ah kinda cross finger thing by yuh eye. Eh Heh, Wong tun red, and grab a big tree branch by the courtyard and run small man outta school,  he fly by Laltoo office  like Edwin Roberts (we time).Well when we ketch up with Wong, quite down by Casuals, we asking wha is all that bout, what the man tell him to get him so. Wong say " Meh doh know wha the fkr was sayin, or wha he was doing, but ah well frighten he mudda ass"
 The man didn't come to school for ah week   :devil:

oops, just realize, that wasn't the Wong pak story..that was the Wong story, Wong Pak was from upper Bournes Road, that is anudda story...age have meh mixed up everything coming out wong wrong
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:59:40 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 04:15:18 PM »
maxg, I never heard about them stories. But I could imagine that things like what you experienced, and that certain trini myths about Chinese are well know in TT.  And were used freely by everyone.  "ming pilling", "chikee chong"(lil kites).  "Ching Chong Maka Hilo... tnt go beat allyuh like MILO." I have heard Ching Chong Maka Hilo...  on many occasions. But not the Milo part. But one thing I know is that trini Chinese or west indian Chinese are some of the most resilient people. There are many prominent people in TT with Chinese heritage that we don't even realize that they are part Chinese. Even on this forum.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 06:07:48 PM »
i am wondering what will be the availability of the full squad for the 3 matches. Does this fall under any FIFA window for international matches? We aren't playing the FIFA tournament so we can't call up players under that 10 day rule. We have a lot of players playing in the western hemisphere which is in mid season, key players in fact.

Anyone knows?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 06:11:51 PM »
i am wondering what will be the availability of the full squad for the 3 matches. Does this fall under any FIFA window for international matches? We aren't playing the FIFA tournament so we can't call up players under that 10 day rule. We have a lot of players playing in the western hemisphere which is in mid season, key players in fact.

Anyone knows?

May 30 through June 7 is the official FIFA window.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 09:01:57 PM »
It might be greedy but I would love to see DJW and the TTFA go for a 2nd Asian team as we are up there...possibly the 6th/7th June.

Make a massive statement  ;)

1]; } ?>