March 28, 2024, 02:43:42 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs China Game (03-June-2016)  (Read 28710 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Trinidad and Tobago to play China on June 3rd
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 09:43:03 PM »
It might be greedy but I would love to see DJW and the TTFA go for a 2nd Asian team as we are up there...possibly the 6th/7th June.

Make a massive statement  ;)

Good idea but injury and playing four games in a short space may be too much...

I like the idea of that Thai tourney and a second team getting that prep and exposure

Kudos to ttfa

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs China Game (03-June-2016)
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2016, 09:36:39 PM »
Any efforts for this game from the socawarriors.net massive. Also any way to find out what hotel team will stay in and will there be football shirts available for purchase. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 06:40:46 AM »
I will try to make it to this game. Anyone else ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 07:24:15 AM »
I will try to make it to this game. Anyone else ?

;D

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2016, 05:55:53 PM »
I'm gonna try to make it also Jay. Anyone else?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2016, 06:23:52 PM »
We playing China too??!! Whhhheeeeyyyyy!!! I real out of it these days dread......life on de Plantation is real pace these days.....nice, nice....things looking up....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2016, 09:05:51 AM »
Any efforts for this game from the socawarriors.net massive. Also any way to find out what hotel team will stay in and will there be football shirts available for purchase. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Is China.Dem could make anything yuh want. How much boxes yuh getting.  ;D

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2016, 10:59:11 AM »

Is China.Dem could make anything yuh want. How much boxes yuh getting.  ;D
Ent!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2016, 09:10:58 PM »
Who still going China? :devil:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2016, 08:55:51 AM »
Wonder if Hartie go call up some new players to this game with all them injuries?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2016, 09:52:54 AM »
Wonder if Hartie go call up some new players to this game with all them injuries?

Good thing we're not playing a 4th, Hart really knew what he was talking about.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2016, 03:22:32 PM »
Plenty Hu  daz always go China. :D

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2016, 09:13:03 PM »
Plenty Hu  daz always go China. :D

:laugh: :laugh: Im here already. The game should be much easier. We should be able to beat China with this team.

Work 1st so wont be able to get there in time.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2016, 06:00:23 PM »
It would be nice to end the tour with a victory over China,we don't really have need to worry too much about our next opponents in the WCQs,Guatemala was beaten 7-1 by Armenia.That score was not ever expected,and it shows how badly the Guatemala team has fallen.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2016, 06:29:40 PM »
It would be nice to end the tour with a victory over China,we don't really have need to worry too much about our next opponents in the WCQs,Guatemala was beaten 7-1 by Armenia.That score was not ever expected,and it shows how badly the Guatemala team has fallen.

hear dat was ah second string side........and they come in trini and held their own a few times already.....don't forget that Guatemala still have ah chance to qualify if dey win dey last two game, SVG looked done and dusted after d 6 dey collect from we so doh expect no favours dey at all.

we can't take no chances

personally would love us to dispatch dem and play d states with no pressure, would love to see us run d States like we run mexico on dey home patch
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 06:34:16 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2016, 03:45:09 AM »
lefty,Seems like their second team not as good as our second,but as you say a win would be great so no pressure in the US.It really was a missed opportunity that we didn't beat them at home.When we played them at home they were not looking as the US we know,they have recently had some good results though.I still feel we can come away with at least a draw,and wont count out a win with a full team of first choice players.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2016, 09:31:32 AM »
I'm all for friendlies, but it seems like our entire tour is dedicated to scouting players whereas other countries are continuing to gel their starting teams to be sharper for battle.  I would have liked to see our first team at least against china here.   Maybe this might be a tactic to have the US and Guatemala underestimate us, but I don't know if this is the right one.  China should be on an international date.. correct???

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2016, 09:55:45 AM »
I'm all for friendlies, but it seems like our entire tour is dedicated to scouting players whereas other countries are continuing to gel their starting teams to be sharper for battle.  I would have liked to see our first team at least against china here.   Maybe this might be a tactic to have the US and Guatemala underestimate us, but I don't know if this is the right one.  China should be on an international date.. correct???

It is.

Lehwe jes say ... the :devil: is in the details.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2016, 10:18:21 AM »

Saw the US (4+ goals?) against Bolivia this past weekend and made me reflect on if they sent a 2nd string team into T&T for a WCQ and get a draw in POS. If that is right we in for real problems against a full strength US team at home.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2016, 10:54:58 AM »

Saw the US (4+ goals?) against Bolivia this past weekend and made me reflect on if they sent a 2nd string team into T&T for a WCQ and get a draw in POS. If that is right we in for real problems against a full strength US team at home.

US second string unlike ours, becz of population and size of league, is always almost on par or on par with their first sting team. I wouldn't be too worried. Only if Cyrus, Plaza and Phillips make the trip as anything else but supporters. I believe our first team will match any in Concacaf. But when we go above player #15 then be worried, be very worried!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2016, 11:03:18 AM »

this is why we need to play Guatemala like ah team dat need to win and forget dat we only need a point. lock up d spot and ease d pressure.
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2016, 11:30:02 AM »

a lot of 'ifs' and 'maybes' can happen, but once T&T play to our potential we will beat Guatemala. Last two times we played them we beat them. We beat them in the Gold Cup last year and we beat them in a world cup qualifier in their home in September.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2016, 11:37:18 AM »
This first and second team chat is driving some posters to feverish worry, delusion or even paranoia. But that's what the forum is for ... even if Abu Bakr ends up in goal or in Hyland miraculously partnering Bateau in central defence.  :P

Separately ...

Kounty, I viewed the US-Bolivia match. Without reservation or fear of contradiction, I can tell you there was no significant compromise (or improvement) in quality between what they fielded on Saturday and what they fielded in POS in November.

Moreover, the idea of Klinsmann fielding an experimental squad at that point would have been counter to his and US Soccer's interest. He did not have the luxury of doing so, particularly following our departure from Guatemala City with three points.

Spot on sub1.

First victory for the US over Bolivia, but nothing stellar.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2016, 01:04:23 PM »
It is impossible to compare teams like T&T and Guatemala with others who are preparing for tournament play. That's the source of confusion. We are experimenting with fringe players. They are fine tuning tactics.  Even if they aren't playing the full team for the whole game they're avaliable and usually play and at the least are present in the setup. Is compairing chalk and cheese. I doubt we get anywhere close to the first team available for China.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2016, 01:15:52 PM »
At the end of the day it is our first team that will be playing against Guatemala in a WC qualifier and if they have not played together for months it will not be in our best interest going into an important WC qualifier. Also some of these players will be beginning a new season at their clubs in late August so they are rusty and have not been playing any football for some weeks.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2016, 01:35:59 PM »
At the end of the day it is our first team that will be playing against Guatemala in a WC qualifier and if they have not played together for months it will not be in our best interest going into an important WC qualifier. Also some of these players will be beginning a new season at their clubs in late August so they are rusty and have not been playing any football for some weeks.
Unfortunately after this window there's no international window until aug 29th.

I doubt there's enough time in there to risk one right before the 2nd. Mls runs right through the off season so even if we get another friendly in the next few months we'll be missing all the mls players...

This is the price we pay for not qualifying for the copa America
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:38:17 PM by Trin »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2016, 04:04:53 PM »
Unfortunately after this window there's no international window until aug 29th.

I doubt there's enough time in there to risk one right before the 2nd. Mls runs right through the off season so even if we get another friendly in the next few months we'll be missing all the mls players...

This is the price we pay for not qualifying for the copa America
Agreed  >:(

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2016, 07:42:53 PM »
Game time anyone?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2016, 08:12:18 PM »
yea...what is kick off time for the China match ??..TT Time ??... as i have  to play a cricket match in the Oval friday...and i have to get my priorities right
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2016, 05:54:11 AM »
yea...what is kick off time for the China match ??..TT Time ??... as i have  to play a cricket match in the Oval friday...and i have to get my priorities right

Think its 7:30 am T&T time

1]; } ?>