April 19, 2024, 12:55:59 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs China Game (03-June-2016)  (Read 28889 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs China Game (03-June-2016)
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2016, 06:52:47 AM »
<a href="https://m.youtube.com/v/PY5zKFT4EQE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://m.youtube.com/v/PY5zKFT4EQE</a>

WATCH T&T MNT Coach Stephen Hart comments from China.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 06:57:45 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2016, 02:29:12 PM »
This interviewer on tour is the worst. The guy can barely string a coherent sentence together. Is he related to Maxie Cuffie?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2016, 02:53:20 AM »
‘Warriors’ Arrive in China ahead of Friday’s friendly.
By Wayne Cunningham (TTFA).

“At last”! Was the refrain from most of the members of the Trinidad and Tobago senior men’s football team when they arrived at their base in coastal city of Qinhuangdao on Monday for a friendly international versus China this coming Friday. Some of the weariness resulting from the over 24-hour commute from Uruguay dissipated though when the Soca Warriors settled into the luxurious Shangri-la Hotel on China’s north-eastern coast in the Hebei province.

“The accommodations are great but to get hear was difficult, we will have to work on that part. Barring that, we will have a comfortable environment as we recover ahead of our game” according to Yohance Marshall.

“We faced some top opposition on this tour and that will continue on the final leg as we will match up against one of the rising powers in world football on their home turf,” added the warriors defender.

China is at 81st on the FIFA rankings while T&T is above at 53rd but that interesting statistic is not fooling anyone in came as the warriors are fully aware of the task ahead. That task is victory versus the host to close off a tour which so far has reaped two losses 4-0 versus Peru and 3-1 in Uruguay. The quest seems even more daunting if you consider the loss of personnel heading into China.

Coach Stephen Hart will be without captain Khaleem Hyland and the dangerous Levi Garcia as both return to their clubs to fulfill contractual duties. This coupled with the loss of outstanding W Connection defender Tristan Hodge could make for an interesting line-up in Qinhuangdao on Friday night. Hodge sustained a head injury during the match versus Uruguay and returned to Trinidad on the advice of doctors although tests showed no major concerns.

The team also lost Technical Committee Member Dr. Alvin Henderson whose contribution on the tour was immense according to coach Hart. Henderson sustain an injury in Uruguay while rushing to lend assistance to the medical team during the Hodge incident. The former Trinidad and Tobago striker also served as Head of delegation on the tour which is sponsored by Shanghai Construction Group (Caribbean), a position which will be taken up by TTFA Vice President Ewing Davis on his arrival on Wednesday.

Hart is prepared to work with what he has because late replacement Carlyle Mitchell will not be able to join the team on short notice. China on the other hand has a host of talent available, including the experienced Yang Xu who has registered some 22 goals in his 44 appearances for China and the dependable Gao Ling who recently return to play in the domestic league following stints in Europe. The home team will also be on a high with recent wins over Oman (4-1) and the formidable Saudi Arabia (1-0), plus a draw with World Cup Japan will also serve to boost their confidence.

Hart warns Warriors about club playing time.
T&T Newsday Reports.

STEPHEN HART, coach of the Trinidad and Tobago football team, has urged his squad members to be playing consistently at their respective clubs, in order to merit regular selection on the “Soca Warriors” outfit.

Hart was speaking during an interview on the TT Football Association (TTFA) website, which was uploaded to the internet yesterday.

The Soca Warriors are currently in China, in the last stop of a three-game international tour. Last Monday, they were spanked 4-0 away to Peru and, on Friday, the Warriors were beaten 3-1 by Uruguay. They will tackle China on Friday in Qinhuangdao.

Asked if he was satisfied by the display of the players, ahead of September’s World Cup qualifier at home to Guatemala, Hart responded, “I would say yes right now. What I will say is yes I know what players I’m looking for but what I will say to all those players is that they better be playing consistently for their clubs. And those whose Leagues are now starting up, I expect them to be in top physical condition.

“I’m having discussions with the president (of the TTFA David John-Williams),” he continued. “We hope to have one game in August before we play Guatemala (in a September World Cup qualifier). So it will mean all the players coming in will be at very good physical levels.” Concerning the game against China, Hart said, “we had quite a bit of injuries and plus players that are missing. But the medical staff said the players should be back into full training by (tomorrow).” Veteran centre-back Carlyle Mitchell, who plays for Seoul E-Land FC in South Korea, is unable to join the team for Friday’s contest.

“Carlyle Mitchell couldn’t make it over so that deprives us of one more player,” said Hart. “But it’s opportunities for players. These games have no real significant meaning. More importantly for me is to continue building on performances.

“We didn’t have a good performance against Peru. We did better against Uruguay and hopefully we can do even better against China.” On the current FIFA rankings, Trinidad and Tobago are in 53rd position while China are ranked 81st.

But Hart insisted, “I don’t really think about rankings at all because, if you look at it that way, we just played one of the top five teams in the world (in) Uruguay.

It’s not something that I think about. I’m using these games to look at individuals and to build team depth.” The TT coach went on to add, “I’ve already seen what I want to see out of the tour. This game is just another opportunity because, if you look at the quality of the teams we played in the last two games....

we’re playing away from home and all the aspects of travelling, I’m seeing which players are adapting, which players are having a bit of a moan about it and which players are prepared for these sort of rigours.” He was also grateful for the games which were arranged by the TTFA.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2016, 06:48:48 AM »
would be nice to know what time is the game and if its going to be on FLOW Sports  :beermug:

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2016, 11:04:31 AM »
This interviewer on tour is the worst. The guy can barely string a coherent sentence together. Is he related to Maxie Cuffie?
peuwee you guys are unhappy with everything aren't you, did you even read the article dealing with the press officer and his absences? the bloke doing the interview is the manager who is actually filling in for the press officer, and not actually the permanent replacement. are you not happy for something as opposed to nothing? i know i am.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2016, 11:11:07 AM »
would be nice to know what time is the game and if its going to be on FLOW Sports  :beermug:

Approx. 6:00am TT time.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2016, 12:17:39 PM »

TTFA story today says 7 30am kick off time and LIVE on Flow Sports

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2016, 12:25:04 PM »

TTFA story today says 7 30am kick off time and LIVE on Flow Sports

Cool. I got my info from a Google Now alert/card on my phone.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors fine tune for final warm up against China
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2016, 12:35:58 PM »
Warriors fine tune for final warm up against China
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men’s team will complete their final bit of preparations on Thursday ahead of their international friendly with China at the Qinhuangdao Olympic Sports Center in Qinhuangdao at 7:30am TT time on Friday.

The team has settled in since their arrival from Montevideo earlier this week and the squad will be looking to end their slate of matches on a positive note against the hosts at the venue which was used to host football matches at the 2008 Olympic Games. It has a capacity of 33,572.

Local fans will be able to view the match live on Flow Sports Channel 95 from the 7:30am kick off.

Members of the team had a bit of time away from the rigors of training on Wednesday as they paid a visit to the world famous landmark, The Great Wall of China where they had the opportunity to interact with Chinese nationals and fans of the game as well as pose for photos. The Great Wall was constructed along an east-to-west line across the historical northern borders of China to protect the Chinese states and empires against the raids and invasions of the various nomadic groups of the Eurasian Steppe.

“It was a great opportunity to take the players away from the training field a bit and get them out a bit at what is a great historical site,” head coach Stephen Hart told TTFA Media.

“It’s been a long tour but of course the main focus is preparing for the game on Friday. It’s going to be another challenging engagement for us but a great opportunity to test ourselves in these sort of conditions and against a team that is on the up,” Hart said.

“Generally the mood is quite good in the camp. The players are still very eager to go into the match and give a good account. I’ve gotten a lot from the tour so far in terms of what I had been looking for from players and certain situations that we’ve faced which is in line for our readiness for later down the road as well,” Hart added.

The tour which is sponsored by the Shanghai Construction Group Caribbean Limited, has also included two other friendlies with Peru and Uruguay which T&T lost 4-0 and 3-1 respectively.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rSNaA7awsnc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rSNaA7awsnc</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2016, 12:44:45 PM »
peuwee you guys are unhappy with everything aren't you, did you even read the article dealing with the press officer and his absences? the bloke doing the interview is the manager who is actually filling in for the press officer, and not actually the permanent replacement. are you not happy for something as opposed to nothing? i know i am.

Oh de irony :rotfl:

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2016, 09:59:27 AM »
I havent kept up too much the past few weeks so I would be thankful if someone could tell me:

1. Why isnt Bostock called up for these games?

2. Where is Fuentes?

Thanks  :beermug:
Hart for president

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2016, 10:54:13 AM »
I havent kept up too much the past few weeks so I would be thankful if someone could tell me:

1. Why isnt Bostock called up for these games?

2. Where is Fuentes?

Thanks  :beermug:

1. Besides Trinidad and Tobago, Bostock is eligible to play for England, Wales, and Scotland. One of the pieces of paperwork that FIFA needs to get in order for him to switch allegiance to T&T is a letter from each FA stating whether or not he has ever represented them and at what level. Wales and Scotland have submitted the letter, but the English FA has been slow in responding to the request.

2. The TTFA's official response is that Fuentes had to attend a CONCACAF Champions League Summit and Media Officers Workshop in Miami on May 31st.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2016, 11:10:26 AM »
As Friday approaches, this country's senior men's football team has settled in nicely in Qinhuangdao, China where they will play that country in the final international friendly on a three match tour.
WATCH:https://www.facebook.com/csportslive/videos/1188096664575297/

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Senior Men look to end tour on a high versus China
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2016, 02:13:10 PM »
T&T Senior Men look to end tour on a high versus China
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men will be looking to leave a lasting impression in China when they face off with that country’s National Senior Team in a highly billed international friendly at the Qinhuangdao Olympic Sports Center in Qinhuangdao at 7:30am TT time on Friday.

The game, which will be aired live on Flow Sports Channel 95, is serving as a build up for both teams for their 2018 Russian World Cup qualification. The Chinese team is ranked 81st while T&T slipped eleven spots to 64 on the latest FIFA rankings released today following their two defeats to Uruguay and Peru.

T&T head coach Stephen Hart’s main interest is the match itself and he is keen to see how his players match up to their rising opponents to close of the tour sponsored by Shanghai Construction Group Caribbean Limited.

‘It’s not going to be an easy game by any means. We all know what the Chinese team is capable of. They’ve been to a World Cup before and they are coming off a very good 2-0 win over Qatar plus they are at home where they are expected to be back by a very passionate home crowd,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“But this is why we are here, to get the best possible match out of them and see how it helps us in our preparations for upcoming World Cup qualifiers. The main thing for me will be to see how our players settle and adapt to the conditions and the type of affair we will face. For a lot of the players it’s a new experience traveling this far and having to play a team like China. This augers well for us.

“About the game itself, I expect they will be going for a victory and we will need to ensure we are precise and concentrating for the most part. A good result is always the aim and it is something that will be beyond us in this encounter,” Hart added.

Experienced Danish-based defender Radanfah Abu Bakr, who accompanied Hart at the pre-game press conference on Thursday, said the “Warriors” will be up for the test.

“We’ve come a long way for the game so I think the guys will be looking to put everything out on the field of play and try to end this tour on a positive note. The mood is quite good, everyone is ready for the challenge and we’re quite excited to see what the game brings in terms of atmosphere and challenges from the China team,” he added.

Team manager William Wallace also thanked the Chinese Football Association and the Shanghai Group for hosting the team.

“Aside from the long travel, the rest of this tour has been good and has served the team well in its preparations for upcoming matches. We’d like thank the Chinese FA and Shanghai Construction for all their efforts in making the stay a pleasing and beneficial one for the team,” Wallace said.

DirecTV W Connection midfielder Hughtun Hector and Mexican-based defender Yohance Marshall have both recovered from injuries and are eligible for selection. T&T will look to the attacking duo of Shahdon Winchester and Jomal Williams who is coming off his maiden goalscoring performance in the 3-1 loss to Uruguay. The workrate of Andre Boucaud in the middle in the absence of Khaleem Hyland, will also be crucial for T&T along with the defensive efforts of Daneil Cyrus and Aubrey David. Dutch-based winger Levi Garcia is also missing due to club commitments.

China has included 19-year old forward Zhang Yuning in its squad for the match, Yuning plays for Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem. China-based Gao Lin who has 18 goals in 86 appearances is expected to feature alongside fellow striker Yang Xu who has 22 goals from 44 matches

T&T plays Guatemala in its next World Cup qualifier on September 2nd at the Hasely Crawford Stadium while China faces South Korea a day earlier.

China has advanced to the final round of Asian World Cup qualifying for the first time since 2002 when they qualified for South Korea/Japan. In a report published by SoccerEX this week, it was stated that For Team China (China’s national teams), the government’s support is a major driving force for them to improve their youth training system, management model and commercial opportunities. Team China will benefit from the country’s step-by-step schedule of sports facilities and youth training. Last month, Beijing reaffirmed its ambitious sports plan to make China a global soccer leader by 2050. In detail, the country decided to build up 20,000 soccer academies and more than 70,000 soccer pitches by 2020.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2016, 06:21:36 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ykw4NdcyTJI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ykw4NdcyTJI</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5WnQtn80Ees" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5WnQtn80Ees</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2016, 07:17:01 PM »
there with you boys...work hard..smart...enjoy..tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2016, 10:09:22 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ykw4NdcyTJI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ykw4NdcyTJI</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5WnQtn80Ees" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5WnQtn80Ees</a>

William seems like a good man... They go through a lot and it's sad to see so many local companies hoarding money and not really contributing to the team or society in general...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2016, 01:14:15 AM »

Oh de irony :rotfl:

Well this sentiment sounds mighty familiar.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2016, 05:14:40 AM »
Any links.....thanks
Good mourning to all my Warriors

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2016, 05:43:20 AM »
Heard on the radio that it's 1-0 to China. China scored in the first minute.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2016, 05:49:22 AM »
LIVE STREAM: China vs Trinidad and Tobago. Kicked off at 7:35am EST; 14 minutes gone. China leading 1-0.
http://www.zoptv.com/live/cctv-5

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2016, 05:50:44 AM »
I here in Toronto watching it on kodi. Look for www.batmanstream.com

Whoever in goal just make a good save

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2016, 06:07:18 AM »
China on top 2-0.  This is another embarrassing display by the SW.
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2016, 06:10:37 AM »
Down the rankings we go...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2016, 06:18:44 AM »
This is what happens when you have have many players trying to make a name for themselves and get into the first team. In other words,  too much star boy business. These guys are holding onto the ball too long. They trying to impress Hart with they individual skill. Ironically, it's make them look even worse.

Despite that I just notice a slight change in game. Passing percentage is getting better. And we are spending more time in the Chinese half.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2016, 06:20:59 AM »
TT just not capable of having 2 teams,this is our second team,either we play our best or doh play at all.Painful to look at so I've had nuff headache after 15 minutes and I'm f**kin off,I'll check to see how it went later on.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2016, 06:23:26 AM »
Steuppes...T&T looking like a High School Intercol team playing against ManU.   

Total  :bs: 

:banginghead:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2016, 06:23:57 AM »
HALF-TIME: China 2-0 Trinidad and Tobago. Goals scored on headers by Jiang Ning (1’), Zhang Yuning (31’).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:34:54 AM by Tallman »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2016, 06:25:33 AM »
TT just not capable of having 2 teams,this is our second team,either we play our best or doh play at all.Painful to look at so I've had nuff headache after 15 minutes and I'm f**kin off,I'll check to see how it went later on.

Yeah. And to add insult. Today is the opening day of Copa. I was hoping for a win to offset my  ongoing disappointment with missing out on the Copa.

Can anyone confirm the first half line up? There are only 3 faces a recognize. Which might explain the score line

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2016, 06:26:21 AM »
HALF-TIME: China 1-0 Trinidad and Tobago. Goals scored on headers by Jiang Ning (1’), Zhang Yuning (31’).

Typo. It's 2

1]; } ?>