March 29, 2024, 06:53:54 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs China Game (03-June-2016)  (Read 28746 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs China Game (03-June-2016)
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2016, 10:47:53 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago’s 4-2 loss to China.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NvCCpI4Rvz0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NvCCpI4Rvz0</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2016, 11:28:35 AM »
A team that is made up of many reserves we did ok.

Hope from this experience the trial guys realize to play at the international level they need to work very hard.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2016, 11:34:06 AM »
1st goal is Andre fault, cah giweh ball in that part of the pitch.  Worse yet he had time to control it and turn and release the man who was ready to move up field and was wide open.  That second goal was woeful defending.  No way dem chinee men should get headers in we box!  Really poor marking and concentration on that one.  Looks like goal 3 was offside.  Player was behind the defense when pass was initially made but looked onside by time ball seemed to deflect off of Plaza (I think).  Based on highlights we seemed to do OK.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2016, 11:40:51 AM »

Hope from this experience the trial guys realize to play at the international level they need to work very hard.

no they didn't they looked slow and woefully out of there depth.....are u a pro league coach....that tour did more harm than good for our rep...in terms of getting good friendlies when we need them
I pity the fool....

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2016, 01:30:59 PM »

no they didn't they looked slow and woefully out of there depth.....are u a pro league coach....that tour did more harm than good for our rep...in terms of getting good friendlies when we need them

Hard to please the fans eh? The federation organizes, whether directly or indirectly soccer games against decent foreign opponents and the fans still complaining. Do you honestly believe that playing and beating Cuba, Antigua and Grenada would be good for your "reputation" ?  Listen, football is not only about winning breddah, playing and beating teams at your level does very little to make you better. Thise games vs Peru, China and Uruguay are valuable learning experiences for both the the coaching staff and the players that participated.

I know my comments are generally not welcome here, so i will grab the pop-corn and watch the venom coming back my way by the likes of Sam :)

Still basking in the glory of my team's away win over Chile...but still cautous about the fact that we could still end up getting blown out by our opponents in our group.  Eh eh.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2016, 01:48:28 PM »

Hard to please the fans eh? The federation organizes, whether directly or indirectly soccer games against decent foreign opponents and the fans still complaining. Do you honestly believe that playing and beating Cuba, Antigua and Grenada would be good for your "reputation" ?  Listen, football is not only about winning breddah, playing and beating teams at your level does very little to make you better. Thise games vs Peru, China and Uruguay are valuable learning experiences for both the the coaching staff and the players that participated.

I know my comments are generally not welcome here, so i will grab the pop-corn and watch the venom coming back my way by the likes of Sam :)

Still basking in the glory of my team's away win over Chile...but still cautous about the fact that we could still end up getting blown out by our opponents in our group.  Eh eh.
no mate i believe your sarcasm and cynicism is what the lads don't welcome, however....... today you spoke truth to power and was spot on with your analysis. well done well said.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2016, 01:56:35 PM »
that keeper definitely not ready yet for this level. he needs more time in the oven together with the rest of this shakey disorganized defense. probably they will never be ready.  trust me folks our league is absolute rubbish.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2016, 02:02:32 PM »

Wait we lost against China too? So called best players in the Pro league eh. Leh meh read he thread to hear the excuses now  :D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2016, 02:03:01 PM »

Anyway expect us to sink a lot in the next FIFA rankings

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2016, 02:13:40 PM »

I understand the need for widening the pool, but quote someone on another forum, would you give a ten year old the keys to go drive on the highway, U don't put yourself in a position were u have to field a second string team, composed of players from a technically poor league and throw them in the deep end of the pool, so yeah let them play CFU and learn the National teams requirement, further the clubs and the league from where these players come should be looking to close the gap between the pro league and and said NT requirements.
I pity the fool....

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2016, 04:40:31 PM »
First thing these are the only men available to go.

So it is either play with these men or dont play

second thing these men is on the team it not like these men is not even in the running.

Hart continues to bring new men through some of them work out some of them have weakness to work on.

All these me in the running to contribute in the hex so they have to play and they more they play the better.

Flying to Peru Uruguay and China and playing football is not an easy thing to do. All in a week

especially for a shit squad like Trinidad

They take the games for the money and it is good exposure

So no complaining

This is key for us since we have no copas and have 2 games to play in september that are critical to advance.

stay focused and remember what the long term goals are.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2016, 04:43:31 PM »
First thing these are the only men available to go.

So it is either play with these men or dont play

second thing these men is on the team it not like these men is not even in the running.

Hart continues to bring new men through some of them work out some of them have weakness to work on.

All these me in the running to contribute in the hex so they have to play and they more they play the better.

Flying to Peru Uruguay and China and playing football is not an easy thing to do. All in a week

especially for a shit squad like Trinidad

They take the games for the money and it is good exposure

So no complaining

This is key for us since we have no copas and have 2 games to play in september that are critical to advance.

stay focused and remember what the long term goals are.

Your post is flawed based on the simple logic that most of these players will not be playing in very important World Cup qualifiers against Guatemala and USA who we play next. These games do not prepare us as most of these players will not be played. God help us if these were the players we had to depend on..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2016, 05:22:59 PM »
Sando and Lefty, what it is allyuh want. We get an offer to play, but we don't have all our guys ...... You guys think we should turn it down? Our talent pool is woefully lacking. We can argue all we want about the pro-league is crap. It maybe true. But it is what it is. Our football and footballers are struggling and plodding along the best way they can, given the lack of resources. As tough as it is to watch, I am glad that these guys get to make the trip. Hopefully it will trigger them to look at their individual deficiencies.

I know allyuh frustrated that allyuh wanted to see TT in the Copa. Breds, I disappointed too. I might watch the beginning of the this us-Colombia game and then go an sleep. I am not going out of my way to watch this tournament. My bubble bust when we lost to Haiti. These guys should be focusing on this game against Guatemala. Right now that is all that matters at this time.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2016, 05:37:30 PM »
Sando and Lefty, what it is allyuh want. We get an offer to play, but we don't have all our guys ...... You guys think we should turn it down? Our talent pool is woefully lacking. We can argue all we want about the pro-league is crap. It maybe true. But it is what it is. Our football and footballers are struggling and plodding along the best way they can, given the lack of resources. As tough as it is to watch, I am glad that these guys get to make the trip. Hopefully it will trigger them to look at their individual deficiencies.

I know allyuh frustrated that allyuh wanted to see TT in the Copa. Breds, I disappointed too. I might watch the beginning of the this us-Colombia game and then go an sleep. I am not going out of my way to watch this tournament. My bubble bust when we lost to Haiti. These guys should be focusing on this game against Guatemala. Right now that is all that matters at this time.

See you eh know shit. I am frustrated at national footballers who cannot do the simple BASICS, good passing, shots on goal and good defending. You hear me say anything about Copa in this thread? If you want to talk about Copa in this thread dais you but try yuh best and not assume what I am thinking. This team played. shit, a national team. Yes you do not want to say it, but I will. Cannot do the simple basics to remain competitive in a game. And I am here just challenging ANYONE who claim these games will help us prepare when most of the players used are not going to play in the next WC qualifiers therefore that is a FALSE perception that these games will help us prepare. Deal with the reality.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2016, 05:39:11 PM »
WATCH: Post-match comments from Coach Stephen Hart after Trinidad and Tobago’s 4-2 loss to China.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2eS3qbmd_80" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2eS3qbmd_80</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2016, 05:46:33 PM »

^^ What coach Hart pretty much said in first answer to the first question is we played shit, out-matched in all facets of the game. Yet we have some man in here who want to say otherwise and make excuses. This is the old man thinking of relying on excuses for failure in sports in Trinidad. Same type of thinking that have us celebrating teams that almost made it in the past and hailing them as great teams when they actually failed to get the job done.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2016, 05:54:00 PM »
Full match available here: http://sports.le.com/match/1005921003.html#null

They should've set the match highlights to this
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/R5pIwDxKMr8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/R5pIwDxKMr8</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2016, 07:38:38 PM »
I have been looking at scores from all the friendlies,and it is surprising how many good European teams have let it more than 3 or 4 goals.Is it possible that like TT,they didn't play first choice players,maybe some countries are more interested in looking at fringe players.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2016, 08:07:01 PM »
I have been looking at scores from all the friendlies,and it is surprising how many good European teams have let it more than 3 or 4 goals.Is it possible that like TT,they didn't play first choice players,maybe some countries are more interested in looking at fringe players.

Which good Euro team was letting in more than 3 or 4? LOL.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2016, 11:12:40 PM »

A good looking German squad take in a 3-1 (like our Uruguay) easy easy right b4 the  Euros and nobody really hype up after the match.
Having said that the video looked HIGHLY edited cutting things Hart said,and I wonder if any other news outlet would share the whole post-match interview.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2016, 11:33:21 PM »

A good looking German squad take in a 3-1 (like our Uruguay) easy easy right b4 the  Euros and nobody really hype up after the match.
Having said that the video looked HIGHLY edited cutting things Hart said,and I wonder if any other news outlet would share the whole post-match interview.

Doubtful. That looks like a private post match interview.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2016, 12:09:15 AM »
Who was doing the interview? 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2016, 12:39:20 AM »
With the understanding that we need to be ranked 50 or higher to get quality friendlies, was it prudent long term to take these 3 friendlies with these players when you consider how FIFA rankings are calculated. This tour maybe financially beneficial in the short term but have consequences in the near future unless we beat or tie USA and Guatemala in September

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/procedure/men.html

FIFA Men's Ranking Procedure

The basic logic of these calculations is simple: any team that does well in world football wins points which enable it to climb the world ranking.

A team’s total number of points over a four-year period is determined by adding:

The average number of points gained from matches during the past 12 months; and
The average number of points gained from matches older than 12 months (depreciates yearly).

Calculation of points for a single match

The number of points that can be won in a match depends on the following factors:

Was the match won or drawn? (M)
How important was the match (ranging from a friendly match to a FIFA World Cup™ match)? (I)How strong was the opposing team in terms of ranking position and the confederation to which they belong? (T and C)

These factors are brought together in the following formula to ascertain the total number of points (P):

P = M x I x T x C

The following criteria apply to the calculation of points:

M: Points for match result

Teams gain 3 points for a victory, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a defeat. In a penalty shoot-out, the winning team gains 2 points and the losing team gains 1 point.

I: Importance of match

Friendly match (including small competitions): I = 1.0

FIFA World Cup™ qualifier or confederation-level qualifier: I = 2.5

Confederation-level final competition or FIFA Confederations Cup: I = 3.0

FIFA World Cup™ final competition: I = 4.0

T: Strength of opposing team

The strength of the opponents is based on the formula: 200 – the ranking position of the opponents. As an exception to this formula, the team at the top of the ranking is always assigned the value 200 and the teams ranked 150th and below are assigned a minimum value of 50. The ranking position is taken from the opponents’ ranking in the most recently published FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.

C: Strength of confederation

When calculating matches between teams from different confederations, the mean value of the confederations to which the two competing teams belong is used. The strength of a confederation is calculated on the basis of the number of victories by that confederation at the last three FIFA World Cup™ competitions (see following page). Their values are as follows:

CONMEBOL 1.00
UEFA 0.99
AFC/CAF/OFC/CONCACAF 0.85

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2016, 05:21:29 AM »
amielisadore: I said good European teams,good is the operative word.I can recall Iran 3 Macedonia 1
                                                                                                               Japan 7 Bulgaria 2
                                                                                                               Albania 1 Ukaraine 3
                                                                                                               Armenia 4 El Sal  0
                                                                                                               Norway 3  Iceland 2
                                                                                                               Spain 6     S.Korea.0
I missed out Germany who took 3,I can't recall everything,but was reminding people that lots of teams collected more than 3 goals,I think Guatemala took 6 or 7 from Armenia.I don't worry about FIFA rankings,but most of the teams that let in 3 or more goals are as good as TT.Most of all I said European but It really was a mix of teams,also most ominous for us Guatemala drew with Venezuela,not a bad result.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 05:24:34 AM by frico »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2016, 05:34:31 AM »
FIFA rankings overrated.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2016, 05:00:41 PM »
Interesting observation from Scotland coach from BBC. This 'country' has an established league for years.

Gordon Strachan lamented his side's inability to pass and control the ball in Sunday's 1-0 defeat by Italy and there was little to be pleased about on this occasion either.

They were afforded more possession than against the Italians, but rarely used it purposefully and once again failed to muster a shot on target.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2016, 03:53:45 AM »
watched the game last night, by the way thank you zeppo for posting it. boy oh boy do these locals need a lot of work. i could say without reservation that foncete is definitely not ready and is not up to international standard, as the saying goes your team is as good as your goaley.

he is barely a conference league goal keeper let alone an international so i suggest that hart throw him back in the oven until he matures and learn his trade in a proper league. the other bloke who played the second half has a little more quality and common sense.

as for our defense, those guys are as intelligent as birds on a high tension wire. they are so easy to unravel and playing against them is like fishing in a barrel. china is not a great team but they are fundamentally sound as they come. they have all the ground work layed out correctly and plays a simple but effective brand. this is the kind of football i wish these boys could play.

i watched guys like jomol williams and winchester and these guys fist touches are atrocious. there is no way on earth that you could be an attacker with such heavy touches. the only player who could get away with that is K.jones and that's because he has other wonderful attributes that make up for his heavy first touch. i can't say how many times i saw balls bouncing off attacking players in attack mode.

but in all the mele i did see a player who possibly could be be a very good attacking addition to the team the # 17 nathan lewis fella. he has tons of speed and and works the passing lanes well. but he needs to travel away from this poor league and find a competitive league and proper coaching, because two weeks under steven hart would not make him a better player.

to sum it up. these players lack what it takes to play international football. just my take ont he whole shabbang.

oh i almost forgot. as much as i like sean de silver the lad can't cut it at this level. just look at his play. he was passing the ball scared and timid and was apprehensive about keeping the ball and going past his markers, his final pass is also very suspect. coach hart you have some very honest sobering decisions to make.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2016, 05:25:57 AM »
People planting peas and looking to reap corn.....u reap what u sow...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 05:28:51 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2016, 08:23:00 AM »
FIFA rankings overrated.

Should we use the DEEKS rankings?

What global ranking should we use?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2016, 09:49:13 AM »
Time to schedule matches only in the window... David get his money and player caps, so it's time to move on and not repeat this nonsense again.. Our first team please...

1]; } ?>