April 28, 2024, 05:31:52 PM

Author Topic: Hart selects squad for upcoming friendlies against Peru, Uruguay, and China  (Read 12599 times)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boom...what so difficult for some grasp...the first two games are been played outside FIFA window,so the composition of the touring party will reflect that
It opens the door for some whom would not have had anopportunity to show what they have to offer,stop being small minded look down the road and use you imagination on the bigger picture
You can please some people sometimes but not all the people at the same time....some have favourites who are not favourites of others...is that the way to choose your best.....friend friend thing done.....Brave my Hart is at the control.....check this they are our Warriors...of whom I support with my all....
Rastafari
that is how a die hard supporter does talk  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
What is the issue with Bostock??  why it taking so long to process his application?? This waiting period normal??

Edit:  Nevermind, found the Bostock thread.....
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:43:57 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
I think people's ideal scenario is having games that actually test and improve our first team. Throwing a bunch of pro leaguers out to face strong opposition might have long term benefits for a few of them, but people are more interested in games that immediately benefit our actual squad. Not hard to understand, really.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
So China is in the window?

Will we see most of the full team then? Because Levi is gone for China.. Weird selection tbh... If China is in the window, why not call the full squad but I guess Levi team want him to play the South Americans then ride out for China..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
I think people's ideal scenario is having games that actually test and improve our first team. Throwing a bunch of pro leaguers out to face strong opposition might have long term benefits for a few of them, but people are more interested in games that immediately benefit our actual squad. Not hard to understand, really.

Agreed... It's perception.. Hart building depth and weeding out the goat from the sheep but the first team needs to play together more.. That should be first priority.. Hart essentially is calling out all the naysayers in the pro league... Put your money where your mouth is kinda thing.. You think your players ready, well let's see what they do against the best but I prefer to see our first team play...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I could not have said it better! :applause:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

^^ If our first team players are not playing together in these friendly games then how does it benefit us when they do play together in the next WC qualifying games?

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How come reality is so difficult to adjust....it's not ideal....not going to happen....it is such
He who fails to prepare has already prepared for failure....it's only a friendly...yet these games surely evaluates the strength of our bench,which will play a crucial role in the rest of our world cup campaign and beyond
Not all that YOU crave is good for you
Too many want immediate satisfaction..which is a want.....our team is in need of talent....how do you aquire such...if you are not willing and able ......lacking foresight
When the leaders have no vision the people perish
Think big

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bottom line:

As between Uruguay and T&T, if either team could be said to be "getting the short end of the stick", it 'ain't' us.

All recognised starters available or not. Full First Team or not. Where is this clearly a net losing proposition?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
really cant win with trini sometimes...... no games is a problem games outside the window is a problem and ofc squad is a problem

back the side and relax nah... the men who wearing the shirt will give their everything thats all we can ask

baby steps

Well said

Men does look at everything to complain.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T Warriors commence preparations for upcoming friendlies.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men’s Team commenced preparations at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on Sunday evening ahead of it three upcoming International Friendlies with Uruguay, Peru and China.

Head Coach Stephen Hart welcomed some new faces into the squad including the likes of San Juan Jabloteh forward Nathan Lewis, North East Stars goalie Glenroy Samuel and El Salvador-based pro Weslie John, while Dutch-based midfielder Levi Garcia, Aubrey David, Willis Plaza, Khaleem Hyland, Daneil Cyrus, Marvin Phillip, Sean De Silva Yohance Marshall, Shahdon Winchester and Jomal Williams completed the list of familiar faces who have been part of the World Cup qualifying squad. English-based duo Andre Boucaud and Justin Hoyte will arrive on Tuesday.

Following a session at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium on Monday morning, Mexican-based defender Marshall said it was enlightening to see the new faces in the mix.

“It’s good for them to come in and get a feel of international football and they are going to be getting that taste against three top quality teams,” he told TTFA Media.

“For the rest of us, we have welcomed them and trying to get them settled in as obviously we were there at one point in our careers as well, But now it’s down to business and we will try to do as much as we can this week in training before heading off to Uruguay for what will be the start of a hectic tour,” he added.

Garcia, coming off his first season in the Dutch top flight club AZ Alkmaar, is excited about facing the three opponents on the cards.

“This for me is a very exciting period in my career and I think for everyone in the team right now. We are about to play three good teams with some of the top players in the game. This is the kind of games any players wants to be involved in. We have some young players coming in and it’s always exciting for us as young players we get to learn off the senior players as well. For me, it’s just about taking in what the coach says, following instructions and being ready for the matches,” Garcia said.

The team departs for Lima, Peru on Friday for the first friendly on May 23rd. They then face Uruguay in Montevideo on May 27th and China on June 3rd.

Video - T&T Senior Men's Team commence preparations for Upcoming Friendlies

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:02:25 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i thinks its a great idea2 have fresh and young faces on the team... i like the idea very much... long time it wasn't so. u never learn other talented players in TnT in the 90's. s

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good going Hart.

Best of luck T&T.

Win, lose or draw, good out and rep.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Jerrel Britto, finalist in the Mexico Segunda Premier, a league better than USL, probably deserved some consideration

Britto does not play for Murciélagos Fútbol Club in Mexico Division 2. Yohance plays for that team. Britto plays for their second club team which is like a reserve league team in an even lower league.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The funny thing about this scenario is, David arranged friendlies not in the Fifa window which would in most cases exclude our first team.. That in itself would play into him having w connection and locals mostly selected ...

I don't think a lot of people have thought about this, great practice games but games where our first team are not playing together which is what we need, I agree with building depth but this can also be counter productive to a certain extent..I think after this exercise the constant widening of the player pool needs to be put on hold and they need to give Hart time to work with the he first team to prep for the WC ...

David is not a master strategist and his constant push for widening the pool will become counter productive to us qualifying.. Once again, getting caps for your players to get contracts abroad is not developing our national team and grooming them for the big stage..

Shut yuh foocking mouth for once nah.

why you don't use your brain for once nah... instead of thinking inside that little box you does think in all the time...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:49:10 PM by FF »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The funny thing about this scenario is, David arranged friendlies not in the Fifa window which would in most cases exclude our first team.. That in itself would play into him having w connection and locals mostly selected ...

I don't think a lot of people have thought about this, great practice games but games where our first team are not playing together which is what we need, I agree with building depth but this can also be counter productive to a certain extent..I think after this exercise the constant widening of the player pool needs to be put on hold and they need to give Hart time to work with the he first team to prep for the WC ...

David is not a master strategist and his constant push for widening the pool will become counter productive to us qualifying.. Once again, getting caps for your players to get contracts abroad is not developing our national team and grooming them for the big stage..

mods please delete the above post, it was a system error... thanks

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

mods please delete the above post, it was a system error... thanks

And then again, maybe that's just what was on offer.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jerrel Britto, finalist in the Mexico Segunda Premier, a league better than USL, probably deserved some consideration

Britto does not play for Murciélagos Fútbol Club in Mexico Division 2. Yohance plays for that team. Britto plays for their second club team which is like a reserve league team in an even lower league.

Both ah allyuh, right?

It's named the Segunda, but it is not literally the second tier of Mexican football. The league Yohance plays in is the actual second tier, but it is not named "Segunda". It is the Ascenso (the league from which one ascends to the LigaMX).

Dutty Love knows all this. He isn't trying to mislead (because this was raised before) ... but it is likely why he is making the USL comparison.

But it also potentially undermines his advocacy for Britto. One could argue that JB has to penetrate to his club top tier before clamouring for NT inclusion. :P

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
play de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Both ah allyuh, right?

It's named the Segunda, but it is not literally the second tier of Mexican football. The league Yohance plays in is the actual second tier, but it is not named "Segunda". It is the Ascenso (the league from which one ascends to the LigaMX).

Dutty Love knows all this. He isn't trying to mislead (because this was raised before) ... but it is likely why he is making the USL comparison.

But it also potentially undermines his advocacy for Britto. One could argue that JB has to penetrate to his club top tier before clamouring for NT inclusion. :P

That's all correct. However, Murcielagos de Guamuchil (Segunda Premier) is located in a different town than Murcielagos de Los Mochis (Ascenso). That means that had they won the final with Tampico Madero, they woud have played Potros (winner of the Apertura) to earn a spot in Ascenso. At that point they would have had to drop the name Murcielagos. http://deportes.terra.com/potros-uaem-seria-integrante-18-de-ascenso-mx-en-el-apertura-16,fbc2a102c89cc2457a4911ac0c21720cmozfcp6r.html

The Segunda Premier is composed by 45 teams, 18 of which are Liga MX reserves teams like Tigres B, Monterrey, B, etc and the rest are either independent or reserves of Ascenso MX sides like Murcielagos de Guamuchil. Only the Liga MX reserves are excluded from
promotion to Ascenso.

My argument is that Ascenso MX is of similar level of MLS, miles ahead of the NASL and other Central American leagues. Segunda Premier which sits right below Ascenso is better than USL. We have seen a number of USL players on the National Team. Oh almost forgot, both USL and MX Segunda Premier are a lot more competitive than TT Pro. This has been confirmed by many players who have been in both.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 11:07:19 AM by Dutty Love »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
For clarity, in Mexico there is promotion/relegation across divisions. This is the rankings of professional leagues:

Liga MX
Ascenso MX (Murcielagos Los Mochis)
Segunda Premier (Murcielagos Guamuchil)
Segunda Talentos
Tercera Division

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
http://wired868.com/2016/05/18/djw-flexes-muscles-ttfa-president-allegedly-slights-hart-on-training-ground/

Dis muddac@nt idiot goh derail dis campaign yuh know

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://wired868.com/2016/05/18/djw-flexes-muscles-ttfa-president-allegedly-slights-hart-on-training-ground/

Dis muddac@nt idiot goh derail dis campaign yuh know

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk
I read this and got pissed off  :pissedoff: :pissedoff::pissedoff:
I refuse to believe this man really went behind Hart and his staff like this. True dictatorship business.
Yes it will be great to have a home game but we're already booked for 3 away games around that time which includes a hectic travel schedule to China. If Hart is against it, he have to respect that.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
so first he arranges matches outside the window, which leaves us without our strongest first team, now he tries to force a fourth match on the coach, risking player injuries from too many matches and jet lag because he is doing deals under the table and trying to get caps for his players at w connection...

this man is a joke and allyuh arguing with me, some men on here dotish.... i warned people, now hes going behind the coaches back now..

hes doing everything to destabilize Hart because David is power hungry and cannot collaborate...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
so first he arranges matches outside the window, which leaves us without our strongest first team, now he tries to force a fourth match on the coach, risking player injuries from too many matches and jet lag because he is doing deals under the table and trying to get caps for his players at w connection...

this man is a joke and allyuh arguing with me, some men on here dotish.... i warned people, now hes going behind the coaches back now..

hes doing everything to destabilize Hart because David is power hungry and cannot collaborate...
I said it before, and will say it again..yáll don't realize the power yáll have. He can't touch Hart or his selections, unless we divided on his work or selections. As of now, no division. SH is no dummy or lilboy, and know how to play the game. However, we are the supporters without which there is no game. And we support SH to the end, right ? Unless I mistaking a short fling for a lifetime marriage.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I said it before, and will say it again..yáll don't realize the power yáll have. He can't touch Hart or his selections, unless we divided on his work or selections. As of now, no division. SH is no dummy or lilboy, and know how to play the game. However, we are the supporters without which there is no game. And we support SH to the end, right ? Unless I mistaking a short fling for a lifetime marriage.

Have to disagree with you here maxg. Supporters didn't like when Jack fire Bertille after the Gold Cup loss to Canada some years aback but when he hire de foreign coach after all de noise die down. We just take it and rock so. Dat being said, I eh worried for SH. With what he's done with T&T over the last few years he eh go be without work for long. And if SVG or Jamaica pick him up, we have some cuttail to get!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You can addd Mikeil Williams to the list of top players missing.

Anyway I just hope this mostly locally based team do not get slaughtered. We are in the middle of a WC campaign.

Shadon Winchester and Willis Plaza are far from being our top strikers. I just hope they play a lot better than they have played for T&T in the past yes
Just when you need to test yourself against top opposition,we are sending in a team of second best,there is a strong feeling that this team could get slaughtered.As you recalled a similar team only took some shame off their face against Grenada with seconds to go.We definitely needed all our top players for this match.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
how come no updates from peru yet ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In Fuentes’ absence, manager Williams Wallace has been asked to assist by doing the communications work

Isn't this the guy that screwed up the U-23 qualification for the Olimpics.

1]; } ?>