March 28, 2024, 09:17:47 AM

Author Topic: Hart selects squad for upcoming friendlies against Peru, Uruguay, and China  (Read 12371 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hart selects squad for upcoming friendlies against Peru, Uruguay, and China
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men’s Team Head Coach Stephen Hart has announced a 23-man squad for these country’s three-match international schedule later this month.

The “Soca Warriors” will depart on May 20th for Lima where they will face Peru’s Senior Men’s Team on May 23rd before journeying to Montevideo to face Uruguay’s Senior Team in another international friendly on May 27th. Following those two games, T&T will then jet off to China to face that country’s Senior Team in another friendly in Qin Huang Dao.

Hart will have the services of ten players who played in the recent victories over St Vincent and the Grenadines in CONCACAF World Cup qualification – Dutch-based Levi Garcia, goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, Aubrey David, Justin Hoyte, Daneil Cyrus Khaleem Hyland, Andre Boucaud, Yohance Marshall, Willis Plaza and Sean De Silva.

Missing will be captain Kenwyne Jones, Orlando City’s Kevin Molino, Seattle Sounders’ Joevin Jones, Trevin Caesar, Colorado Rapids defender Mekeil Williams and Russian-based defender Sheldon Bateau, all unavailable due to club commitments.

Garcia and Hyland will not be available for the China game, making way for Carlyle Mitchell and Marcus Joseph to join the squad.

Also in the squad for the three matches is DirecTV W Connection trio Shahdon Winchester, Hughtun Hector and Jomal Williams while Danish-based defender Radanfah Abu Bakr makes a return after missing out the past two qualifiers because of injury.

Hart has included three new faces in the team, El Salvador-based defender Weslie John, North East Stars goalkeeper Glenroy Samuel, who has played for T&T at two youth World Cups in 2007 and 2009 and Nathan Lewis of San Juan Jabloteh. The likes of Andre Etienne, Tristan Hodge and Makesi Lewis, who were involved in the Grenada friendly in March, have also been selected for these three matches.

“The consideration for selection was a bit difficult mainly because the first two games do not fall on a FIFA Date, so what I have decided to do was to go with a number of players that have looked well in the Pro League and try to mix them with players that have been utilized in the World Cup qualification,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“It was a difficult decision because you want to put your best foot forward in those games but unfortunately because it is outside of a FIFA window a number of players were not available to us. There has been a lot of discussion in Trinidad and Tobago football about giving players an opportunity and this is my one sort of opportunity to bring in a number of players and see if I can get the squad to gel together and play what will be two very difficult games (against Uruguay and Peru),” Hart added.

“We are going to have a long travel to play the China game. But having said that China have been on the up, their recent results have been very good and overall this tour will test us in every way possible both on and off the field.

“What this will do is give me is an idea of which players could handle the stress of playing in a very difficult situation. Having to play Peru and then Uruguay in Uruguay which is one of the best teams in South America is going to place a lot of mental stress on the players and you want that. I want to see who can handle it and adapt quickly and for myself, it is going to be a challenge because to get that squad to gel is really going to test myself and the staff,” Hart said.

Commenting on the selection of Nathan Lewis, Weslie John and goalkeeper Samuel, Hart said they had performed well enough to secure an opportunity on the national team.

“Nathan Lewis has done well for Jabloteh in the League and now we will see if he can take his ability to another level. Glenroy has been outstanding for North East and is a big factor in their rise up the table so it’s a good for him to push for selection. And then of course Weslie John, who I have been following on InStat Scout has done very well in El Salvador and I will be interested to see how he adapts,” Hart said.

The T&T squad, including the home-based players as well as David who is already back home, will begin a live-in training camp on Sunday at Metro Hotel in Couva and will engage in training sessions at the Hasely Crawford Stadium starting on Sunday.

Trinidad and Tobago squad for upcoming friendlies

Goalkeepers:
Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Glenroy Samuel (North East Stars)

Defenders:
Daniel Cyrus (W-Connection), Justin Hoyte (Dagenham & Redbridge/England), Yohance Marshall (Murcielagos FC/Mexico), Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa/Costa Rica), Radanfah Abu Bakr (HB Koge/Denmark), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Andre Ettienne (Central FC), Tristan Hodge (W-Connection), Weslie John (CD Universidad de El Salvador)

Midfielders:
Khaleem Hyland (KVC Westerlo/Belgium), Andre Boucaud (Dagenham & Redbridge), Hughtun Hector (W-Connection), Levi Garcia (AZ Alkmaar/Netherlands), Sean De Silva (Central FC), Leston Paul (Central FC), Jomal Williams (W-Connection), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh)

Forwards:
Willis Plaza (Unattached), Shahdon Winchester (W-Connection), Makesi Lewis (Police FC)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PagCYCH0oyQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PagCYCH0oyQ</a>
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:00:54 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

These are International friendly fixed dates right?

So no Molino or KJ? We are in the middle of a WC campaign

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Wait..where is Joevin Jones name?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Only one of the matches (China) falls within the official window.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
We wasting time with Willis Plaza.

Woulda like to see Bostock get call, so he could wet he feet.

But, respect for calling out de locals.

I eh to fund of Glenroy though.

Glad to see Weslie they,

We go see.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Jerrel Britto, finalist in the Mexico Segunda Premier, a league better than USL, probably deserved some consideration

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Did we not had a recent game using all our locals against Grenada? what was the result? not an expected one

Anyway these games are against Uruguay and Peru, a higher standard than Grenada. Yeah we will see what happens.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 05:50:07 PM by Sando prince »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jerrel Britto, finalist in the Mexico Segunda Premier, a league better than USL, probably deserved some consideration

You keep saying this and I keep smiling. Still unsure how useful this is as an assertion, when there is a fair share of shitty LigaMX games.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What is the issue with Bostock?

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Underwhelmed by the squad. I would have preferred us to play lesser opponents inside the FIFA dates than better teams with a weaker squad outside the FIFA dates.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Underwhelmed by the squad. I would have preferred us to play lesser opponents inside the FIFA dates than better teams with a weaker squad outside the FIFA dates.

Ideal situation to assess known unknowns.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

You keep saying this and I keep smiling. Still unsure how useful this is as an assertion, when there is a fair share of shitty LigaMX games.

You keep smiling? So you think it's the other way around?

Are you comparing Liga MX to EPL or La Liga? then yeah, no doubt. but facts are fact. Mexico is a competitive environment, more so than USA when it comes to football.

I hope you realize that the Mexico Segunda Premier is a lot more competitive than TT Pro so the player does deserve some consideration for making it to the final.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:33:54 PM by Dutty Love »

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Any idea why J. Glenn is not in the squad??

I think the official FIFA window is June 2nd- June 7/8th. unfortunately.

Thought we would have been able to get more players for this but great learning experience for the others

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Any idea why J. Glenn is not in the squad??

I think the official FIFA window is June 2nd- June 7/8th. unfortunately.

Thought we would have been able to get more players for this but great learning experience for the others

Northern Europe leagues are on going just like Russia

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So what's with Bostock. Isn't this the last week in for football in most Euro leagues? It would have been good for him to make this tour.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What is the issue with Bostock?

According to Wired868:
England-born midfielder John Bostock is again forced to delay his international debut  due to tardiness by the England FA. The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) is obliged to present FIFA with letters from the other three associations that Bostock can represent, which state whether he has represented them and at what level.

The Republic of Ireland and Wales have already responded but not England, who Bostock captained at National Under-17 level.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 06:37:12 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile

These are International friendly fixed dates right?

So no Molino or KJ? We are in the middle of a WC campaign

Wait..where is Joevin Jones name?

Did you even read the article before replying??

Everything is explained in the article
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 You can addd Mikeil Williams to the list of top players missing.

Anyway I just hope this mostly locally based team do not get slaughtered. We are in the middle of a WC campaign.

Shadon Winchester and Willis Plaza are far from being our top strikers. I just hope they play a lot better than they have played for T&T in the past yes

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Agreed!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

nothing unknown about most of the players selected in this squad. Most of them played for T&T in the past.  We have seen most of these locally based players in a poor performance against Grenada recently.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
I can't rem ever seeing that Grenada game. But read that it was a dominant performance and should have won easily. How ppl saying it was poor?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sando prince, after all these years, are you really labouring under the abusive notion that the primary purpose of an exercise of this nature, is to win?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

nothing unknown about most of the players selected in this squad. Most of them played for T&T in the past. We have seen most of these locally based players in a poor performance against Grenada recently.

Is it about individuality or is it about the collective blend? Is it about conclusions one can draw from the interactive mix or about sticking with the pre-conceived view?

Listen, I am not saying the squad is littered with luminaries. At the end of the day, what's more beneficial to planning for down de road? Also, no one seriously expects that 6, 7 or 8 of the typically non-First Team players advances their cause. The realistic yield is more likely 0, 1, maybe 2.

Even 0 provides an answer to a known unknown.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 08:36:50 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
jess play de fitball....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Are you comparing Liga MX to EPL or La Liga? then yeah, no doubt. but facts are fact. Mexico is a competitive environment, more so than USA when it comes to football.

I hope you realize that the Mexico Segunda Premier is a lot more competitive than TT Pro so the player does deserve some consideration for making it to the final.

Would you agree that competitiveness is not an indicator of quality?

Listen, I am all for Britto's cause, but I don't hold the view that merely because a player is conducting his craft abroad, we can determine his case for NT selection based on that criterion ("competitiveness").

That being the case, any player at a Vietnamese club would find the door slammed shut? And we have had Vietnam be a useful bridge, ent?

The answer in this instance has to lie deeper ... Or maybe it's plainly evident and accepting the truth of it is hard? Ah mean, what separates him from Jaggy?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 08:50:59 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We really need some strikers.

Can see any of the 3 doing anything special, especially Plaza, he is very inconsistent.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Would you agree that competitiveness is not an indicator of quality?

Listen, I am all for Britto's cause, but I don't hold the view that merely because a player is conducting his craft abroad, we can determine his case for NT selection based on that criterion ("competitiveness").

That being the case, any player at a Vietnamese club would find the door slammed shut? And we have had Vietnam be a useful bridge, ent?

The answer in this instance has to lie deeper ... Or maybe it's plainly evident and accepting the truth of it is hard? Ah mean, what separates him from Jaggy?

Well competitiveness of league should matter a lot. Look how many Italians are against Giovinco going to Euro Cup and he is killing it in MLS.

Meanwhile Gignac has been picked over forwards playing in top leagues in Europe. A testament to the competitiveness of Liga MX

I think Britto being 23 has some future
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:17:39 AM by Dutty Love »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It's not our first team in terms of players we would like to see,but it's a very good chance to test our bench,who knows who would put their hands up,we must not forget Kerron Cummins,he came out from almost no where.My hope is that we put up a good fight,I have a feeling we'll do just that.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
really cant win with trini sometimes...... no games is a problem games outside the window is a problem and ofc squad is a problem

back the side and relax nah... the men who wearing the shirt will give their everything thats all we can ask

baby steps
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boom...what so difficult for some grasp...the first two games are been played outside FIFA window,so the composition of the touring party will reflect that
It opens the door for some whom would not have had anopportunity to show what they have to offer,stop being small minded look down the road and use you imagination on the bigger picture
You can please some people sometimes but not all the people at the same time....some have favourites who are not favourites of others...is that the way to choose your best.....friend friend thing done.....Brave my Hart is at the control.....check this they are our Warriors...of whom I support with my all....
Rastafari

1]; } ?>