March 28, 2024, 09:44:39 AM

Author Topic: Triston Hodge Thread  (Read 6929 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Triston Hodge Thread
« on: May 20, 2016, 02:32:27 AM »
Hodge looking to stay on Warriors first team.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Newly called up senior team defender Tristan Hodge turned down a scholarship opportunity to play football in the United States in order to play professionally here. That decision he says, was based on the desire to make the national team. And playing for DirecTV Connection was the stepping stone, the player said.

Hodge made his debut against Grenada in March and is in the T&T squad for the three upcoming friendlies with Peru, Uruguay and China.

“My dad has been the one to always pushed me and from a young age I wanted to make the national team. I gave up the chance to play at College level in the United States because I wanted to make the national team and I felt that playing in the Pro League would help me get there faster,” Hodge said.

“I am happy I made the decision because now I am here. At W Connection they pushed me a lot and my time with the club helped my gave to develop and I got the opportunity to play and be seen by the coaches. I hope I can play in the upcoming matches because these are big games for us and it can do great things for our game and our development,” Hodge said.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 08:39:30 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hodge looking to stay on Warriors first team.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 10:38:04 AM »
Is this fella Tristan Hodge any relations to Ken Hodge who was a TT player in the distant pass.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 05:06:50 AM »
Ah like this player, he eh look to bad.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 04:13:15 PM »
Triston Hodge left today for a 10 day trial with Houston Dynamo.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 04:57:27 PM »
we players should have a career in law if they choose wit de amounta trial dey does go on
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 05:15:19 PM »
we players should have a career in law if they choose wit de amounta trial dey does go on

Lol they could pass the bar in every state.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 07:33:04 PM »

LMAO!!! oh gad oy!!!!
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 07:21:35 AM »
Triston Hodge left today for a 10 day trial with Houston Dynamo.

Weslie John too.  :P

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Triston Hodge to go on loan to Toronto FC II
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 02:41:13 PM »
Triston Hodge to go on loan to Toronto FC II
W-Connection Media

DIRECTV WConnection Center Back Triston Hodge has been added to the list of recent transfers completed by the club during the mid-year transfer window. Hodge who will soon join Toronto FC II of the USL for the remainder of their season on loan agreed to terms earlier this week. Hodge will spend the next few months with his focus on securing a more long term deal and possible move to their MLS first team.

On his move Hodge commented…
“It’s an elated feeling and also a very important stepping stone for me in my career. I hope to grasp at this opportunity and give it my all when I get the first chance to play and make it count so that I can be a regular starter on the team and achieve much more in my career. My intention is to make my input to the team beneficial in every aspect.”

On the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers in September, Hodge commented…
“I think that the World Cup Qualifiers in September is an important opportunity for us as a country to show that we are capable of playing at the highest level and could compete with those teams. I’ve played three friendlies for the National Team and it’s a joy to represent my country.  I hope to be able to represent the team again in the upcoming games, but if not all I could do is work harder and wait my turn and wish the tem all the best.”

Hodge will be added to the roster upon receipt of his work permit and visa. Head Coach Jason Bent commented that Hodge’s presence would add depth to their roster and help solidify their defensive group.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 11:12:20 PM »

It should be changed to trials and tribulations instead

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 08:45:45 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago and W-Connection defender Triston Hodge heads to Costa Rican Primera División club C.S. Cartaginés for a 10-day trial. Last week, defender Triston Hodge became the first player to be cut by T&T new head coach Tom Saintfiet after he allegedly missed one training session, turning up late for camp and failed to win over the new coach with his demeanour.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 08:48:06 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 11:22:51 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago and W-Connection defender Triston Hodge heads to Costa Rican Primera División club C.S. Cartaginés for a 10-day trial. Last week, defender Triston Hodge became the first player to be cut by T&T new head coach Tom Saintfiet after he allegedly missed one training session, turning up late for camp and failed to win over the new coach with his demeanour.

Pretty soon SANTHIEF the puppet, the dictator and the terrorizer will be selecting a ssfl team  :D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 01:04:06 PM »
So he skip T&T team to go trial in Costa Rica. Ah sure David John Williams must be licking he wallet all now and before you know Hodge back in de T&T team if things eh work out for him in Costa Rica.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »

Pretty soon SANTHIEF the puppet, the dictator and the terrorizer will be selecting a ssfl team  :D

Well he did say he would bring in 17 year olds, right!  :banginghead:
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 08:51:41 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago national defender Triston Hodge

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kaHX7FY9RUQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kaHX7FY9RUQ</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 03:37:48 PM »
Triston Hodge has joined Memphis 901 FC.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2019, 09:39:48 PM »
WATCH: A Triston Hodge header earns Memphis 901 FC a 2-2 draw on the road against Swope Park Rangers. Triston was voted as Man of the Match for his performance.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LB2SYQrvluA?start=147" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LB2SYQrvluA?start=147</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC sign Trinidad and Tobago defender Triston Hodge
By Cody Costra (switchbacksfc.com)

The Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC announced today that the club has acquired Triston Hodge on a permanent transfer from W Connection F.C., pending league and federation approval and receipt of his P1 visa. Terms of the transfer were not disclosed.

"I couldn't be more thankful and excited to be a part of the Colorado Springs Switchbacks organization this upcoming season," said Hodge. "I look forward to making unforgettable memories in a thrilling stadium in front of the beautiful fans."

Hodge got his start with W Connection F.C., now a six-time champion of the TT Pro League, the top league in Trinidad & Tobago. He is experienced in the USL Championship as well, recording 3 appearances with Toronto FC II (2016) and 20 appearances with Memphis 901 FC (2019/2020). In 2020, Hodge led Memphis 901 FC in tackles (22).

"We are happy to welcome aboard a player in Triston who is versatile, technically talented, and experienced at the Senior International level of the game with Trinidad and Tobago," said Switchbacks Head Coach, Brendan Burke. 

Hodge has five caps for the Trinidad & Tobago National Team, including the Soca Warriors' 2-1 win over the United States in World Cup qualifying in 2017.

"He has played in some very big games and we are lucky to be bringing him to Colorado Springs," Burke added.

Name: Triston Hodge
Position: Defender
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 170 lbs
Date of Birth: October 9, 1994
Birthplace: Trinidad & Tobago

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Triston Hodge Thread
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2021, 07:47:30 AM »
Has the pending Colorado opportunity played a role in TH's non-participation in the US match? I can see how it would.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2021, 01:43:17 PM »
Triston Hodge is bringing international experience to the the Switchbacks.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2021, 05:52:37 PM »
How come he is on the outside looking in?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2021, 04:57:49 PM »
WATCH: Defender Triston Hodge talks about his return to the Trinidad and Tobago national team

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1SEGdnW-WkQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1SEGdnW-WkQ</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2021, 09:31:55 PM »
WATCH: Triston Hodge with his first goal for Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC in their 4-1 win over Austin Bold FC.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aVABTM2fliI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aVABTM2fliI</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2021, 04:10:22 PM »
Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC defender Triston Hodge named to USL Championship Team of the Week
By Cody Costra (switchbacksfc.com)

The Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC and the USL Championship officially announced today that Triston Hodge has been named to the Team of the Week for Week 19 of the 2021 season, presented by Cleer Audio.

Hodge scored his first goal for the Switchbacks and had a great defensive performance, recording 11 recoveries and six interceptions while winning 5 of 6 tackles in the Switchbacks' 4-1 win over Austin Bold FC at Weidner Field on Saturday night.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2022, 02:11:20 PM »
Hartford Athletic add Triston Hodge to back line
hartfordathletic.com

Hartford Athletic have signed defender Triston Hodge ahead of the 2023 season, pending league and federation approval. Hodge joins Robin Lapert, Tulu, Ash Apollon, and Niall Logue as defenders on the 2023 roster to date.

“I’m grateful to be given this opportunity with Hartford,” said Hodge. “I can feel the excitement around this team with Tab Ramos at the helm, and I can’t wait to begin playing under him and developing chemistry with my teammates. 2023 is going to be a great year for Hartford.”

Hodge comes to Hartford after spending the last two seasons with Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC. In 2022, he was a mainstay as a left back in the Colorado back line that totaled 10 clean sheets on the season and helped their club reach a Western Conference Final appearance. Across 26 appearances and 21 starts, Hodge made 41 clearances, 23 interceptions, and a team-leading 40 tackles won.

“Triston is a great presence to add to our back line,” said Head Coach Tab Ramos. “He is a technically talented defender who gets into the attack quickly, which fits perfectly into our style of play.”

Hodge was acquired by Colorado in 2021 on permanent transfer from W Connection F.C., a six-time champion of the TT Pro League, the top league in Trinidad & Tobago. He made his USL Championship debut with Toronto II in 2016, and spent two seasons with Memphis 901 FC in 2019 and 2020.

“Triston brings incredible experience and versatility to our roster,” said Technical Director Ray Reid. “He has experience playing in important matches at the Senior International level with Trinidad and Tobago, and was a leader of one of the league’s best defenses last year in Colorado. We expect Triston will raise the level of our defending even further next season.”

The 28 year old Trinidadian has five caps for the Trinidad & Tobago National Team, including his appearance in the Soca Warriors’ 2-1 win over the United States in the World Cup qualifiers in 2017.

Hartford Athletic has signed the following players for the 2023 season:

Forwards: Antoine Hoppenot, Jeciel Cedeño, Kyle Edwards, Prince Saydee

Midfielders: Andre Lewis,Conor McGlynn,Danny Barrera, Andre Lewis, Kembo Kibato

Defenders: Robin Lapert, Tulu, Ash Apollon, Niall Logue, Triston Hodge

More player announcements will be announced in the coming weeks.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2024, 07:47:09 AM »
Defender Triston Hodge returns to Hartford for 2024
hartfordathletic.com

Hartford Athletic defender Triston Hodge will return to Hartford for the 2024 season.

“I’m happy to be back in Hartford and to be a part of this competitive defensive unit,” said Hodge. “Through the first few weeks of preseason, Coach Burke has really pushed us and set a high standard for our team. I am excited to see us continue to improve and get closer as a group as we push to get this club back to the playoffs.”

Hodge returns to Hartford after a quality 2023 season with the Green and Blue. He was one of the team’s most reliable defenders across 24 appearances, winning 28 tackles, 121 duels, and swiping 26 interceptions. The 29 year old played for Head Coach and General Manager Brendan Burke in 2020 and 2021 with Colorado Springs, making 19 appearances and helping the Switchbacks to a playoff berth.

“Triston is a great defensive presence with impressive experience both in the USL and internationally,” said Head Coach and General Manager Brendan Burke. “He is a technically sound defender, gets into the attack quickly, and will be a veteran presence in our back line.”

The 29 year old Trinidadian has nine caps for the Trinidad & Tobago National Team, most recently competing in the 2023 CONCACAF Gold Cup for his country. In 2017, Hodge played in the Soca Warriors’ 2-1 win over the United States in the World Cup qualifiers.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2024, 11:30:43 AM »
 :beermug: Blessings bredda! I like Hodge!  :beermug: Keep it up!

1]; } ?>