March 28, 2024, 04:53:33 AM

Author Topic: Noah Powder Thread  (Read 28057 times)

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Noah Powder question
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2017, 06:57:12 AM »
Powder with NYRB vs. Aikim Andrews, Ricardo John and Jelani Peters with Toronto FC on Friday at 7:30pm live stream on USL website.

Good chance to see 4 TT internationals in one game.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2017, 06:19:18 AM »
Powder started his 4th game in a row since returning to NYRBII at LWB. Dennis Lawrence should be looking at  him for an invite into camp. Yes he is only 18 years old but certainly can handle playing at the this level and has been playing at this level since 17 years old. Many of the players playing in the Pro League trying to get contracts in USL but not successful at trials.

http://www.uslsoccer.com/noah-powder

Can't understand why he not considered?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2017, 02:01:18 PM »
Powder started his 4th game in a row since returning to NYRBII at LWB. Dennis Lawrence should be looking at  him for an invite into camp. Yes he is only 18 years old but certainly can handle playing at the this level and has been playing at this level since 17 years old. Many of the players playing in the Pro League trying to get contracts in USL but not successful at trials.

I agree with you, Breds.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2017, 07:20:43 PM »

I agree with you, Breds.

Deeks

Hope the coaching staff and scouts will be watching on Saturday at 7:00pm when NYRBII plays Charleston Battery. Noah Powder will face Neveal Hackshaw and Ataulla Guerra. Game streaming live on USL website.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2017, 07:25:38 PM »

I agree with you, Breds.

Deeks

Hope the coaching staff and scouts will be watching on Saturday at 7:00pm when NYRBII plays Charleston Battery. Noah Powder will face Neveal Hackshaw and Ataulla Guerra. Game streaming live on USL website.

Thanks for that bit of info.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2017, 09:43:30 AM »
5'10" 150lb? He better start living in Red Bulls weight room.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2017, 05:05:05 PM »

Dinner Mints

At 18 that's appropriate size, I hope you don't want him to be fat, overweight and unfit like so many of the Pro League players currently in the national setup that are exhausted in the 70th minute.  Let me help you by showing you the height and weight stats of arguably the 10 best LWB in the world:

Age   Height   Weight
Luke Shaw               22   6'1"           165
Patrice Evra               36   5'8"           159
Nancho Monreal               31   5'10"           159
Raphael Guerreiro       23   5'7"           148
Aleksandar Kolarov       31   6'2"           183
Cesar Azpilicueta       27   5'10           154
Marcelo Viera               29   5'9"           165
Danny Rose               27   5'9"           168
Jordi Alba                       28   5'7"           150
David Alaba               25   5'11"      165

Average Height     5.67
Average Weight    162
Average pounds/inch 2.376

Next time use some data to back up your statements. I am sure by 22 Powder will add 10 pounds of muscle.

Though they play very different positions with different physical demands, Neymar is 5"9" and 150 pounds.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2017, 04:56:00 PM »

Dinner Mints

At 18 that's appropriate size, I hope you don't want him to be fat, overweight and unfit like so many of the Pro League players currently in the national setup that are exhausted in the 70th minute.  Let me help you by showing you the height and weight stats of arguably the 10 best LWB in the world:

Age   Height   Weight

Average Height     5.67
Average Weight    162

Next time use some data to back up your statements. I am sure by 22 Powder will add 10 pounds of muscle.

Though they play very different positions with different physical demands, Neymar is 5"9" and 150 pounds.

Alex Sandro and Marcelo are better than all of them. Arguably.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2017, 09:08:05 PM »
Quote from: Tobago28 link=topic=65390.msg975175#msg975175
date=1502147105

Dinner Mints

Age   Height   Weight

Average Height     5.67
Average Weight    162

Alex Sandro and Marcelo are better than all of them. Arguably.

Dutty Love

Marcelo on the list, he is a Bosss

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2017, 10:18:51 PM »
Alaba, pretty good too.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2017, 02:06:42 PM »
Nothing against Taryk Sampson nor Shane Sandy but if you looking for a defender from last U20 why Powder would not be top of the list. He playing at much higher level and the full 90.

Powder have USA and Haitian passport, his days could be numbered with us.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2017, 02:13:39 PM »
Nothing against Taryk Sampson nor Shane Sandy but if you looking for a defender from last U20 why Powder would not be top of the list. He playing at much higher level and the full 90.

Could he have commanded a starting position in Haiti's U-20 squad?

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2017, 02:27:44 PM »
Quote from: Tobago28 link=topic=65390.msg975541#msg975541
date=1503259602

Definetely at LWB, he was approached by them and pushed by NYRB team mate Derrick Etienne.

Brian and Staff opted to play him as a left or right winger instead of his natural LWB position even though Brian had no left footed defender for the position

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2017, 02:40:53 PM »
Quote from: Tobago28 link=topic=65390.msg975541#msg975541
date=1503259602

Definetely at LWB, he was approached by them and pushed by NYRB team mate Derrick Etienne.

Brian and Staff opted to play him as a left or right winger instead of his natural LWB position even though Brian had no left footed defender for the position

I was about to question the comment, but then I remembered that Keston Julien was not available for Costa Rica.

Looked at the video of these matches again recently, and what you raise explains a question I was left with ... because I expected more from Powder.

That Haiti wanted him, I can't question. But, from what I saw in Curacao, I have reservations to say he could have full-fledged started (based on Haiti's team).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:46:04 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2017, 02:45:07 PM »
Sadly, Keston was not there. He would have been a huge help

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2017, 02:47:56 PM »
We are either at the end of a cycle or soon at the start of another. Hold tight. All indications are that the coaching staff recognizes it's time to ease youth in.

That stated, the player is not a finished article ... so it's not like he is ready, ready right now. Or will be hurt career-wise. Hold strain.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:51:10 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2017, 03:22:26 PM »
We are either at the end of a cycle or soon at the start of another. Hold tight. All indications are that the coaching staff recognizes it's time to ease youth in.

That stated, the player is not a finished article ... so it's not like he is ready, ready right now. Or will be hurt career-wise. Hold strain.

He have time but we dont with the quality of defense we putting out against Jamaica. I watched Powder on line yesterday vs. Justin Hoyte who played for us a year ago under Hart. Hoyte a former Arsenal academy player and Powder dominated that side of the pitch though Hoyte is probably now 15 years older than Powder. NYRBII, Powder won 4-0 vs. FC Cinncinati with Powder earning the penalty for the opener. Watch on USL website and tell me because his quality is much better than them jokers they select for the Jamaica game. Its always better to get young players with other options to commit early to avoid chasing and begging like we doing now foe some. Its foolish by TTFA to ease in players of lesser ability and only one country option if they really thinking about starting a new cycle. Looks more like they starting a Connection Cycle with that defense...expect Jamaica to score goals

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2017, 03:44:11 PM »
By the way, why the mention of Shane Sandy? Shane is not a direct competitor for Powder's position. Neither is Taryk Sampson.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2017, 05:03:38 PM »
By the way, why the mention of Shane Sandy? Shane is not a direct competitor for Powder's position. Neither is Taryk Sampson.

I was referencing young defenders, that should be called up. Sandy and Sampson are in the JA match. Props to both especially Tobago Sandy

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2017, 11:13:50 PM »
Tobago, I'm with you dude. Powder is a no-brainer. Should definitely be capped at senior level. He is sound, level-headed and seems committed to T&T. . .But that may change and no one could blame him if he chooses whichever country to play for.

Blood him now.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2017, 05:56:30 AM »
Tobago, I'm with you dude. Powder is a no-brainer. Should definitely be capped at senior level. He is sound, level-headed and seems committed to T&T. . .But that may change and no one could blame him if he chooses whichever country to play for.

Blood him now.

Exactly, he will only get better and attract attention from other countries he is eligible to play for, I fear the same will happen with the goal keeper Ranjatsingh who plays for Louisville FC.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2017, 05:00:06 PM »
Powder Scores and gets an Assists but no interest from Dennis Lawrence

https://youtu.be/UUcmf4bZ34g

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2017, 11:15:49 PM »
I think  our  coaches  look down on the USL  ..its not a high enough level of football but i could be wrong .. But from watching a few usl games it is more competitive than the pro league .
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:17:46 PM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2017, 11:40:20 PM »
I think  our  coaches  look down on the USL  ..its not a high enough level of football but i could be wrong .. But from watching a few usl games it is more competitive than the pro league .
i'm reminded of Marvin Oliver

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2017, 01:28:30 AM »

If that's the case then the coaches should be fired. Pro League players begging to get a USL trial so why select all the Pro League players? Powder scores after being fouled by Joe Cole, the same Joe Cole that was at West Ham, Chelsea and Liverpool with God knows how many caps for England. If the coaches don't know that Drogba playing in the USL then the coaches, scouts and administrators useless

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2017, 11:32:10 AM »
WATCH: Defender Noah Powder scores a free-kick and has an assist in New York Red Bulls II’s 4-2 win over Tampa Bay Rowdies

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UUcmf4bZ34g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UUcmf4bZ34g</a>
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2017, 11:33:07 AM »
Wouldn't be surprised if we lose this player to the USMNT the way our current admin are being run.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2017, 02:22:16 PM »
We still trying to pretend local-based players could step up. Is a pride thing.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2017, 06:08:44 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised if we lose this player to the USMNT the way our current admin are being run.

Met the mother and father in Curacao during CFU-U20 Finals, the mother is Haitian and was joking that he should be playing for Haiti instead of TnT especially since Haiti won CFU at U20 and U17. This youth have 3 options, hoping he stays with us.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2017, 06:09:38 PM »
Noah Powder named to USL Team of the Week

D – Noah Powder, New York Red Bulls II: Powder had a goal and assist and also notched five tackles and six interceptions in a standout two-way performance, as New York defeated the Tampa Bay Rowdies 4-2.

http://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/830201?referrer_id=2424352

1]; } ?>