April 28, 2024, 04:54:48 AM

Author Topic: RIP Holly B  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
RIP Holly B
« on: May 30, 2016, 12:25:56 PM »

The original host for scouting for talent, man who love local culture and was involved in cultural shows

RIP man

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1053958264653147&set=gm.2009476312610384&type=3&theater

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Holly B
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 11:15:50 AM »
RIP Holly...a true son of the soil

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 11:43:24 AM »
The Arima Kid is no more. Allyson, Hazel now Holly. All the TTT greats going one by one.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 12:26:52 PM »
Mr. Scouting for Talent. Remembered a guy come on the show and peel a dry coconut with his teeth. Hilarious. Holly B. was the best. He was serious about profession, but there was a fun part about him. Rest in Peace. Don't forget to take your cuatro with you. Heaven will be fun with some Parang. God Bless!!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 12:59:27 PM »
The Arima Kid is no more. Allyson, Hazel now Holly. All the TTT greats going one by one.

yeah the pioneers of vintage T&T Television has gone to higher ground

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 01:35:26 PM »

Holly Betaudier, here is a little background on his accomplishments how he started
http://www.ncctt.org/50years/index.php/111-heritage-stuff/17911-holly-betaudier

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 01:16:07 AM »
A total boss.
I go miss him....always looked forward to hearing his Tout Bagai segment on radio.

I'll never forget "1 lb Maraval Road" :rotfl:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 12:02:45 PM »
A total boss.
I go miss him....always looked forward to hearing his Tout Bagai segment on radio.

Tony and his side kick say they have lots of programmes that still have to be edited.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 12:04:17 PM »
Mr. Scouting for Talent. Remembered a guy come on the show and peel a dry coconut with his teeth. Hilarious. Holly B. was the best. He was serious about profession, but there was a fun part about him. Rest in Peace. Don't forget to take your cuatro with you. Heaven will be fun with some Parang. God Bless!!!!

Yep remember that. We use to look forward we called it Scouting for Comedians as some of the acts had you lol back in the day b4 lol was popular.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 04:54:08 PM »
Weary, that show was kicks. We had a math teacher in qrc, whose sister performed a song called " you don't know, you don't know, you don't know". Well you know what happened when he walked in class. We sang the chorus for him. And what about them people in the audience getting on for holsum bread.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 10:19:17 PM »
Weary, that show was kicks. We had a math teacher in qrc, whose sister performed a song called " you don't know, you don't know, you don't know". Well you know what happened when he walked in class. We sang the chorus for him. And what about them people in the audience getting on for holsum bread.

Yep does were the days.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 07:40:49 AM »
A total boss.

Tony and his side kick say they have lots of programmes that still have to be edited.

I used to enjoy his segment on I95.5 as well.  All yuh remember when the Pee Pee had just come into power and their minions at the NLCB tried to stop funding of the segment and Tony read out the letter on air and call them out......ppl get real vex and they back track on that decision fast, fast....

RIP Holly B.....thanks for the memories....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 09:07:32 AM »
Ah remember it had ah dub, but I eh sure if it was ah real song or a commercial. Part of it went "Holly B, dem ah mad over he. Aye".

Or maybe it was somebody on Scouting singing dat.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 06:57:02 PM »
A total boss.

A local genius in his own right did a lot for our culture....but do you remember when Pamberi in probably their first year of existence were in Panorama and he said here comes Pamber one

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 04:43:24 PM »
The late Wilbert Holder used to say he make a Holly whenever he made a mistake.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 10:42:53 AM »

Lennox "Boogsie" Sharpe plays "What A Friend We Have In Jesus" at Holly Betaudier's Funeral.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Trinbagolife/permalink/2016592201898795/

1]; } ?>