March 28, 2024, 03:06:45 PM

Author Topic: Should CFU breakaway from Concacaf??  (Read 2126 times)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Should CFU breakaway from Concacaf??
« on: July 24, 2016, 02:21:55 PM »
CFU maybe be cueing to separate themselves from Concacaf and plead their case in order to get two spots at the WC. Let's see what happens in the up-coming years. Having no control of Concacaf may or may not be an issue but there are enough votes in the CFU to go forward and seek these 2 spots at the WC.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:22:45 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Should CFU breakaway from Concacaf??
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 05:02:46 PM »
That is the best post I ever heard,it is time the Caribbean have 2 spots at the WC.Caribbean football is virtually the same strength as countries of Central America,so that may be the best idea,hope to hear more fight for it.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 07:48:36 PM »
long time we used to call out Tallman name for stats and they used to appear nearly instantly ;D
But what is the performance of Central American teams at World Cups (all levels) vs Caribbean teams?
I sure they not even close. 
Some of we need to dip we head in the bucket of reality now and then. South America with Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay, Peru etc have only 1 more spot than Concacaf. I don't think adding 2 spots for caribbean teams will benefit the game or anything else besides the pockets of men like DJW. I say if we deserve it, we could beat the central american teams and take it. I sure we'd be more competitive at the cup itself because of it.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 08:09:19 PM »
long time we used to call out Tallman name for stats and they used to appear nearly instantly ;D
But what is the performance of Central American teams at World Cups (all levels) vs Caribbean teams?
Some of we need to dip we head in the bucket of reality now and then. South America with Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay, Peru etc have only 1 more spot than Concacaf. I don't think adding 2 spots for caribbean teams will benefit the game or anything else besides the pockets of men like DJW. I say if we deserve it, we could beat the central american teams and take it. I sure we'd be more competitive at the cup itself because of it.

SENIOR WORLD CUP QUALIFICATION

Central America
El Salvador (1970, 1982)
Honduras (1982, 2010, 2014)
Costa Rica (1990, 2002, 2006, 2014)

Caribbean
Cuba (1938)
Haiti (1974)
Jamaica (1998)
Trinidad and Tobago (2006)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 08:12:43 PM »

Central America
El Salvador (1970, 1982)

Caribbean
Cuba (1938)
Haiti (1974)
Jamaica (1998)

ole days ent go a dam place!!!  ;)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 09:44:36 PM »
Cubs does not really count as a true qualifier. They were handed the spot from 6 teams that withdrew.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 09:49:11 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 11:25:41 AM »

Central America
El Salvador (1970, 1982)

Caribbean
Cuba (1938)
Haiti (1974)
Jamaica (1998)

Based on that record I'd say we're likely to end up like Oceania (1/2 spot)
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 11:35:07 AM »

Central America
El Salvador (1970, 1982)

Caribbean
Cuba (1938)
Haiti (1974)
Jamaica (1998)

Absolutely true!!!!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 01:12:54 PM »
Without the American financial clout it'd be hard to see the Caribbean secure a place at a WC - bluntly our rep is hurt from scandals that continue to plague our administrations. Would you trust our current administrative body to steer us through the tense negotiations to ensure a spot or two?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 03:17:04 PM »

Central America
El Salvador (1970, 1982)

Caribbean
Cuba (1938)
Haiti (1974)
Jamaica (1998)

I don't think 2 spots are justifiable. 1 is about right. Or given the number of members in the CFU, maybe even 1.5. Definitely not 2. And a half will not change CFU representation in the FIFA World Cup.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 04:14:32 PM »
The Central Americans have seen more WCs I know,but how close did TT come to being there in 74 but robbed,in 90 again robbed when we should have been awarded a at least on blatant penalty,Alibey was also pulled down in the box,so really we should have been there 3 times.Even the American defender who brought down Elliot-Allen from behind said,he thought it was a penalty.The thing is our football could be so much better if there isn't so much"pulling and tugging"with people in charge.We is our own worst enemy,we need better officials and our team will be so much better.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 03:35:53 AM »
The point is that we probably better off staying in CONCACAF and getting we house in order.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 05:34:09 AM »
The point is that we probably better off staying in CONCACAF and getting we house in order.

Thumps Up!!!

1]; } ?>