April 18, 2024, 12:51:53 AM

Author Topic: Cummings recalled, as Lawrence names 27-man squad.  (Read 3452 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Cummings recalled, as Lawrence names 27-man squad.
« on: February 15, 2017, 12:55:49 PM »
Cummings recalled, as Lawrence names 27-man squad.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian)

New T&T football coach Dennis Lawrence yesterday announced a squad of 27 players that will begin training on Monday, ahead of the two World Cup Qualifiers against Panama and Mexico next month at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

They will be joined by the foreign internationals around March 19-20 when it gets closer to the first match Lawrence told the media at a press conference to announce the team and explain some of his selections at the office of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) at the Stadium. His selection sees the return of Central FC’s Keron Cummings, who has fully recovered from a bullet injury in 2015 and Hughtun Hector, the talented W Connection play-maker who lost his spot in the team under then coach, Stephen Hart.

San Juan Jabloteh striker Nathan Lewis was also credited with a place in the team for his standout performances in the T&T Pro League as well as lanky Police forward James Perry and St Ann’s Rangers’ Jamoul Francois. Lawrence pointed out that the squad chosen is what he will begin working with at the start, saying other players will have an opportunity when the need arises.

Lawrence explained that Cummings plays a position on the pitch that he has an interest in finding particular players for but said the player has shown that he understands the position.

“Obviously there are things in his game that I would like to work with him on to improve. He has the experience of being around international football before, so from that point of view I would like to work with and see if we can improve on some of the things that he is doing at the moment.”

Lawrence and his new staff, which comprises his assistants ex-England International Sol Campbell, Stern John, the former T&T striker, goalkeeper coach Ross Russell and W Connection coach Stuart Charles Fevrier, will attempt to revive the T&T campaign with the Soca Warriors now second from bottom on the six-team standings after losses to Costa Rica and Honduras in the Hex.

He said he is attempting to arrange two international friendly matches that will be geared specifically toward the local players, noting that once he has factual information on it, he will inform the media. Lawrence shared that he has the names of the two countries in mind but will first have to run it by the TTFA, to confirm they can get the matches first.

He admitted that inspite of the difficult task at hand, it is not an impossible one.

“I am trying to be detailed about the way I want to approach this. I am trying to ensure that I prepare the team as best as possible and as I said before as difficult as it might be, it is not impossible. So we are going to prepare as best as we can to make sure that come March 24, we can go out and deliver what we would like to have and it’s a successful result,” Lawrence said.

Video - Press Briefing with Dennis Lawrence - February 15th, 2017

Trinidad and Tobago 27-man Squad

Goalkeepers:

Jan-Michael Williams (Central FC), Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Glenroy Samuel (Ma Pau Stars), Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Andre Marchan (Defence Force).

Defenders:

Carlyle Mitchell (Unattached), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Julius James (Central FC), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Unattached), Daniel Cyrus (W Connection), Jelani Peters (W Connection), Jesus Perez (W Connection), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Alvin Jones (W Connection).

Midfielders:

Keron Cummings (Central FC), Leston Paul (Central FC), Sean De Silva (Central FC), Akeem Humphrey (Club Sando), Jared London (Club Sando), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Tyrone Charles (San Juan Jabloteh), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Jomoul Francois (St Ann’s Rangers).

Forwards:

Jamille Boatswain (Defence Force), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force), Akeem Roach (Club Sando), Jameel Perry (Police FC).

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:57:17 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Lawrence call 27-man squad for training.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 01:03:59 PM »
Akeem Roach, who according to his coach Angus Eve, left for trials with Seattle Sounders and Chicago Fire, as well as Alvin Jones with Minnesota United.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:14:14 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Cummings recalled, as Lawrence names 27-man squad.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 01:11:51 PM »
I find Maurice Ford looked decent in T&T's last set of games and Darren Mitchell deserved a call up, surprised Central FC and T&T assistant coach Stern John didn't recommend him? other than that, decent team.

Even though Jesus Perez is not a regular with W Connection I think he played left-back for North East Stars last season, so obviously Lawrence is looking to find a decent left-back with Triston Hodge and Jelani Peters there as well?

Never saw Jared London and Jomoul Francois.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:15:37 PM by Flex »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 01:29:39 PM »
Cummings back, best news in a while... hope he's back fully...

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 01:47:02 PM »
I find Maurice Ford looked decent in T&T's last set of games and Darren Mitchell deserved a call up, surprised Central FC and T&T assistant coach Stern John didn't recommend him? other than that, decent team.

Even though Jesus Perez is not a regular with W Connection I think he played left-back for North East Stars last season, so obviously Lawrence is looking to find a decent left-back with Triston Hodge and Jelani Peters there as well?

As per this article it said only local based guys...so I'm guessing Alvin Jones didn't get through in Minnesota? Also Bakr playing back home too?
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 01:48:42 PM »

As per this article it said only local based guys...so I'm guessing Alvin Jones didn't get through in Minnesota? Also Bakr playing back home too?

It depends if the dictator allows him to select players from foreign

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 02:42:36 PM »
Carlos gets the axe.  Not surprising.  He is nearly 40

We'll see if Lawrence can derive serviceable international players from a selection, most of whom have already been gicen exposure in that arena

In other words.....we pretty much know these players and their suitability for international football to this point.  Maybe Coach Lawrence can help realize their full potential.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 03:00:21 PM »

We'll see if Lawrence can derive serviceable international players from a selection, most of whom have already been gicen exposure in that arena

In other words.....we pretty much know these players and their suitability for international football to this point.  Maybe Coach Lawrence can help realize their full potential.

Ah know we missing Dreamer. . .

Ah see you are a dreamer too  ;D

But ah go take de lil encouragement from men like you. . .because ah know yuh is a balanced fella
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 03:06:51 PM »

Ah know we missing Dreamer. . .

Ah see you are a dreamer too  ;D

But ah go take de lil encouragement from men like you. . .because ah know yuh is a balanced fella

All we have is hope bro.  Yuh could try and wring wine from a stone and maybe Lawrence is de man to do it

We could only hope  ;)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 03:57:11 PM »

Why you say that? like Lawrence mentioned this is only a work in progress as the Pro league is ending on Sunday and he will have a local core to train and select from and not his final team, the foreign players will not be available until later in March.

I agree what Lawrence is doing here with this local team and I am 100% sure DJW will not stand in his way as far as foreign players getting call up, he never did in the past.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:01:29 PM by Flex »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 04:08:05 PM »
unless the mentality and player psyche changes what will probably happen is that we will play a little bit better but lose by a small margin and then we will start saying...what if we had done this..what if we had Tallest earlier..

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 04:14:50 PM »
Darren Mitchell should be there, but ah like de idea and de squad.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 04:19:28 PM »
unless the mentality and player psyche changes what will probably happen is that we will play a little bit better but lose by a small margin and then we will start saying...what if we had done this..what if we had Tallest earlier..

I agree with what you saying. But what if DJW had not f--ked up and give Hart his full support, we would not be in this trou macak.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 04:21:05 PM »
So,  no Boucaud!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 04:22:16 PM »
So,  no Boucaud!

Foreign players will be called closer to the game because they are active with their clubs. Dennis just using this opportunity to gauge a few local players.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 04:51:53 PM »
who would be the foreign based players?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrence call 27-man squad for training.
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 05:15:51 PM »
Akeem Roach, who according to his coach Angus Eve, left for trials with Seattle Sounders and Chicago Fire, as well as Alvin Jones with Minnesota United.

Akeem was/is at Charleston Battery.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 05:40:58 PM »

I agree with what you saying. But what if DJW had not f--ked up and give Hart his full support, we would not be in this trou macak.

Outside of kerron getting call back, this is the best post so far

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 05:47:06 PM »

Why you say that? like Lawrence mentioned this is only a work in progress as the Pro league is ending on Sunday and he will have a local core to train and select from and not his final team, the foreign players will not be available until later in March.

I agree what Lawrence is doing here with this local team and I am 100% sure DJW will not stand in his way as far as foreign players getting call up, he never did in the past.

I'm all for the camp with local players to see who is up to standard and who will join the final squad but I hope it is not the dictator and Fevrier selecting teams, Tallest said Fevrier was helpful which could mean he helped select the team with the dictator.. things we need to watch out for as Tim kee pointed out in his recent interview..

I don't want the best foreign based like bostock being left off for one of the Dictators players who don't deserve it.. so I have my reservations about this... if the dictator was out of football, I would not be as suspicious about this..

I will wait and see what the final team is and then make my comments but for now, I'm not holding my breath...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:49:26 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 05:51:09 PM »
who would be the foreign based players?

That's the million dollar question we won't know until later

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 05:54:01 PM »
So,  no Boucaud!

Foreign players will be called closer to the game because they are active with their clubs. Dennis just using this opportunity to gauge a few local players.

I hope it's just that and not more, like a way for the dictator to push his players ahead of players like bostock

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 06:12:56 PM »
Soldier at the control...DJW ...Will be only a spectator in this chapter
I am if the opinion he has been put in his place...Notice how the seen calm
Check it
The best is yet to come ..He may have his informer in the mix ...But he in check to trust me
D  L will pick his team

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 06:54:10 PM »
I honestly don't see Bostock in this team. We have heard zilch from this guy. So is he in or what? He is like the same situation as Deleon. They say they coming, but eh reach yet.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 10:32:59 PM »
Sol Campbell may be influential in getting Bostock to commit.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 11:03:42 PM »
Those players fuh de friendly comin up?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2017, 12:14:30 PM »
I honestly don't see Bostock in this team. We have heard zilch from this guy. So is he in or what? He is like the same situation as Deleon. They say they coming, but eh reach yet.

After seeing how T&T played in our last five or six games, failure after failure at WC qualifying games, losing to Caribbean opposition at home,No Gold Cup, trust me he not excited to play

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 12:57:57 PM »
That is not true. See the Bostock thread. He even trained with and spent a Birthday with the Team. Yuh livin to close to Trump or what ?  ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 03:05:49 PM »

After seeing how T&T played in our last five or six games, failure after failure at WC qualifying games, losing to Caribbean opposition at home,No Gold Cup, trust me he not excited to play
Breds, what does losing have to do with it. He coming to help improve the team. Strengthen the mid field where we lack people with skills and fortitude. If that is his way of thinking, as you say, then he should be excluded. Maybe he should try Scotland.

1]; } ?>