March 29, 2024, 07:28:57 AM

Author Topic: Fire Ato Boldon Thread  (Read 6028 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Fire Ato Boldon Thread
« on: August 16, 2016, 09:42:12 AM »
Ato, we runners struggling boy, like yuh feeding them man and oman baggie or wha?

From de time I see Ahye run de heats, ah know she couldn't win, she look tense.

Glad for Cedenio though.

We really need to break some youths out fast.

Kelly-Ann, Sorrillo, Richard Thompson and Bledman need to retired after this Olympics. Thanks for de good times though, especially Thompson. Bledman is just a let down and never life up to he name.

Ato, lend them men yuh high heels...

We runners just running one speed.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Ato Boldon Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 01:08:11 PM »
Not Ayhee! She has been working hard right thru. She just came up against 4 persons who are better than her at the moment.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 01:15:25 PM »
My biggest concern is we do not fully develop our talent at the youth level, hence why we still remain dependent on the older sprinters who clearly pass their prime. So what should I expect next year at the World Champs? Should I expect to see Bledman, Thompson, KAB again? Do not get me wrong, I do commend them for their service to country and they have represented well throughout their career but where are the talents to replace them? the youths we having running at Carifta are not top notch.

As for the field events, I already said we should be placing more emphasis on field events. A youth may not be able to run fast but he can still throw a Javelin far or he can still jump high, so there should be a lot of emphasis on youth recruitment targeting Field events.

Every year we having the same conversation!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 08:13:42 PM »
Ato, we runners struggling boy, like yuh feeding them man and oman baggie or wha?

Glad for Cedenio though.

Kelly-Ann, Sorrillo, Richard Thompson and Bledman need to retired after this Olympics. Thanks for de good times though, especially Thompson. Bledman is just a let down and never life up to he name.

Ahye just broke the NR and looks capable of going lower. Cedenio broke the NR 2 days ago.

So blame Ato for the dysfunctional track and field structure that is in place in TT? Do some back checking before posting something like this Sam. It's one thing to be misinformed.. But It's another thing to show complete ignorance.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 04:31:41 AM »

Glad for Cedenio though.

Ahye just broke the NR and looks capable of going lower. Cedenio broke the NR 2 days ago.

So blame Ato for the dysfunctional track and field structure that is in place in TT? Do some back checking before posting something like this Sam. It's one thing to be misinformed.. But It's another thing to show complete ignorance.

Shut yuh f00cking mouth nah.

Ato know I on kicks.

Jeasan ages.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 05:52:40 AM »
As usual, you played yourself Sam. Your post is a complete insult to Ato. I doubt he will read your post and take it for a joke. Any man of integrity will not find any humor in those comments. Especially, when you start insinuating that he dresses like a woman.. Which essentially means that he like man.

Your post was meant as an insult to Ato. Now you are back peddling because you see the "true track and field" fans know youre talking out your ass..

You're in a catch 22 with posting this thread. Because if you remove it, it will show that you werent thinking when you posted it and that you regret posting it.. And if you don't,  it will show how ignorant you are to the development of Track and field in TT. Sucks to be you partner.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:15:59 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 08:53:11 AM »
As usual, you played yourself Sam. Your post is a complete insult to Ato. I doubt he will read your post and take it for a joke. Any man of integrity will not find any humor in those comments. Especially, when you start insinuating that he dresses like a woman.. Which essentially means that he like man.

Your post was meant as an insult to Ato. Now you are back peddling because you see the "true track and field" fans know youre talking out your ass..

You're in a catch 22 with posting this thread. Because if you remove it, it will show that you werent thinking when you posted it and that you regret posting it.. And if you don't,  it will show how ignorant you are to the development of Track and field in TT. Sucks to be you partner.

Why you taking on Sam, he is on kicks.
He posts threads cussing Ato every Olympics.
I honestly don't think Ato will take this thread seriously if he decides to read it, as he should know what Sam is on kicks with threads like these by now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:05:45 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 09:03:42 AM »

Why you taking on Sam, he is on kicks.
He posts threads cussing Ato every Olympics.
I honestly don't think Ato will take this thread seriously if he decides to read it, he should know what Sam is on kicks with threads like these by now.

Okay. Fine then. Sam if you on kicks.. My apologies. Is just that I seeing all this negativity towards our athletes on Social Media. I thought he was one of them who are up to no good. I can't recall  Sam posting anything like this last olympics.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 09:16:39 AM »
In all seriousness, Ato should be T&T coach.

I know he may not want de job, but we will do so much better if he was we long term coach.

He might have to give up he jock toetie job with ESPN though.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 10:34:53 AM »
NBC not ESPN.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 11:25:28 AM »

I know he may not want de job, but we will do so much better if he was we long term coach.

Agreed. But Ato will not take the job because he knows the type of support he will need and the type of support he will get to do a good job. That's why he is focusing on his own camp. He does not want the let downs that come with TT sport.

There needs to be a big cultural shift. If Track and field got 5% of the support and funding that Carnival gets, you will notice a huge difference. Plus the nation needs to have the same mentality about track and field as they do with Carnival. The carnival mentality is killing sport. Plain and simple.

Offline RC

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 09:37:41 AM »

With the exception of the relays, track & field is an individual sport . The top athletes have their personal coaches and their performances are determined by the work done in the months leading up to the major championships. I am not sure how a national coach can significantly affect this

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 11:33:13 AM »

With the exception of the relays, track & field is an individual sport . The top athletes have their personal coaches and their performances are determined by the work done in the months leading up to the major championships. I am not sure how a national coach can significantly affect this

All what you said is true but we have T&T athletes being individually coached by Ato not so? Richard Thompson is not one?

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 12:51:35 PM »
The need for a coach is not for the elite system, but for the emerging elite. We need to have a national outlook and programme that speaks to continuity of excellence based on our unique factors i.e.
School system, facilities, genetic propensity and proficiency of certain athletes (who would have thought 10 years ago that there is a javelin gene in this country).

We also need to address why we NEVER compete in certain events (multi-event, women's distance e.g.)

This national coach, or technical director can seek to guide the national philosophy, and set targets for the individual clubs. Stage training camps at various age groups, and target meets beyond the traditional year in year out schedule. Hell, it may even mean reconfiguring the schools' meets to a system move favourable for overall development... who knows if that is even a problem. But at some stage, we are not competing with the obvious powers of Jamaica and on the female side, the Bahamas.

The bottom line is, we don't set a plan for those whose plan should already be in motion. We plan for those who are at the start line.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 06:26:58 PM »
The need for a coach is not for the elite system, but for the emerging elite. We need to have a national outlook and programme that speaks to continuity of excellence based on our unique factors i.e.
School system, facilities, genetic propensity and proficiency of certain athletes (who would have thought 10 years ago that there is a javelin gene in this country).

We also need to address why we NEVER compete in certain events (multi-event, women's distance e.g.)

This national coach, or technical director can seek to guide the national philosophy, and set targets for the individual clubs. Stage training camps at various age groups, and target meets beyond the traditional year in year out schedule. Hell, it may even mean reconfiguring the schools' meets to a system move favourable for overall development... who knows if that is even a problem. But at some stage, we are not competing with the obvious powers of Jamaica and on the female side, the Bahamas.

The bottom line is, we don't set a plan for those whose plan should already be in motion. We plan for those who are at the start line.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 07:24:47 PM »

:wavetowel:   :wavetowel:

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2016, 08:13:23 AM »
The women getting 5th is nothing short of a miracle. I put together a plan in 2015 after the bronze that was never adhered to in any way. Can't half-prepare and beat the rest of the planet.

I have tried. Not fighting a one man battle anymore against those who don't know, don't care or can't see what I see and have always seen.

BTW I was not the Olympic relay coach this year. Fire me from what exactly?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:15:08 AM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2016, 08:57:32 AM »
I already know it will be a battle for Ato to get what's needed. Any other country would welcome his expertise and do their best to meet whatever Ato asks for. This thing with "waiting to see" as opposed to being more proactive with the development of TF is and will always be a feature of TT track. We went from having the best Olympics in 2012 to what might be the worst.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2016, 10:36:18 AM »
I already know it will be a battle for Ato to get what's needed. Any other country would welcome his expertise and do their best to meet whatever Ato asks for. This thing with "waiting to see" as opposed to being more proactive with the development of TF is and will always be a feature of TT track. We went from having the best Olympics in 2012 to what might be the worst.

Compared to 2012 yeah less  medals. 2012 was better than 2016 but I wouldnt say worst. You know your T&F and you disappointed like me and others but I think your comment that 2016 might be the worst is harsh.

I watching Olympics since 1984 and we use to suck salt real hardcore except for the one 4th place we would get (Gene Samuel, Ian Morris) until Ato showed up.  And Ato dropped out the sky and landed in our laps.

This Olympics we had athletes in the finals for w100, w200, M4x1,W4x1, javelin, shot put,M400.  7 finals compared the previous 1 final prior to Ato and after the Mottley era.

Did we prepare well and support the athletes?  Were they fit? (Jehue, Lendore, etc.).  I am slightly disappointed but you get what you put in.  Our administrators and "fans" are piss poor so we cant complain.  Last Olympics we outperformed our preparation and this year we couldn't plus lots of ppl/countries stepped up their game.

Look at Japan, the M4x1 relay came up from the youth championships and trained for 6 months this year.  I am sure our relay team spent time max one month together (pre games camp and actual games)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2016, 10:54:02 AM »

Compared to 2012 yeah less  medals. 2012 was better than 2016 but I wouldnt say worst. You know your T&F and you disappointed like me and others but I think your comment that 2016 might be the worst is harsh.

I watching Olympics since 1984 and we use to suck salt real hardcore except for the one 4th place we would get (Gene Samuel, Ian Morris) until Ato showed up.  And Ato dropped out the sky and landed in our laps.

This Olympics we had athletes in the finals for w100, w200, M4x1,W4x1, javelin, shot put,M400.  7 finals compared the previous 1 final prior to Ato and after the Mottley era.

Did we prepare well and support the athletes?  Were they fit? (Jehue, Lendore, etc.).  I am slightly disappointed but you get what you put in.  Our administrators and "fans" are piss poor so we cant complain.  Last Olympics we outperformed our preparation and this year we couldn't plus lots of ppl/countries stepped up their game.

Look at Japan, the M4x1 relay came up from the youth championships and trained for 6 months this year.  I am sure our relay team spent time max one month together (pre games camp and actual games)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2016, 03:42:53 PM »

I know it sounds harsh. What I meant to say is, based on the medal count, this might be our worst showing in years. We had more finalists in 2012. This year it's about the same.

This year seems very disappointing because of the success of 2012 and the promise that the athletes were showing. I think if team TT was firing on all cylinders (no injuries, everyone in top form) , we could easily win 5 or 6 medals. i.e Men's 4x100, men's 4x400m, Jehue, Keshorn, women's 4x100, and maybe MLA or MC. Despite what has transpired in the past 2 days,  I think 2020 looks promising for MLA, MC, Jehue and Keshorn. Khalifa will be more mature so the women 4x100 will get another shot.

Right now I do not see a strong contingent of male sprinters coming from TT. So the era of Burns, Bledman, Thompson, Brown, Sorrillo, Callender and Armstrong has finally come to an end. I know some of these guys will be running for next year Worlds  and the Commonwealth Games. But yesterday was probably the last time for us to see that generation run at an Olympics. They served us proud and I could never forget the pride I felt watching them on thr podium..

Offline jason23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2016, 04:55:33 PM »
Yup, yet people, want people to support !!! lol
Ato, its a miracle you tried so many times to consistently edge to the cliff of insanity!
i for one will say that . i applaud your patriotism and love for Country! that you see things we don't see yet you always succeed etc.my advice is to just focus on what your doing on Coaching your specific athletes, may it be 100 percent trini otherwise , focus . and continue to build that success which is starting from Khalifa!! etc to what ever new young Trini talent that you wanna take up florida etc.
and maybe then those who failed to hear, will see and live with the regret of Lacking the Wisdom and Faith to go beyond there own mental thoughts of( i know everything mentality)

but i will say again!! as Qawd on pitch said, it was our worst Olympics ever. as i agree also. we seriously need a overhaul, before we can really say we going somewhere!! but im glad you bring this point forward with out going further ((I put together a plan in 2015 after the bronze that was never adhered to in any way. Can't half-prepare and beat the rest of the planet.

I have tried. Not fighting a one man battle anymore against those who don't know, don't care or can't see what I see and have always seen.
)) when we start to get serious about what we about and where we will go......we always be crying for support and this and that when there is no Professionalism or Desire at all from the Head that goes down to the body and tail which the Head influences!!!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2016, 02:05:49 PM »
Jamaica does not have more talented athletes than Trinidad and Tobago. What they have is better organization from the bottom up (elementary to high school and beyond), committed leadership (not officials who just want to be on the plane and have a vacation), and support by the Government (maintain facilities) and the population (show up and support the young ones).  We want medals without planning for them, nor working for them. We are a people who want everything for little of nothing. "Gimme a bligh, nah!" Well it does not work like that in the real world when you have to lace up your shoes and compete mano a mano. Unless we change, we will always show up to games, grab one or two medals and then wring our hands with faux disgust. That's al I have to say.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 04:01:50 PM »
Jamaica does not have more talented athletes than Trinidad and Tobago. What they have is better organization from the bottom up (elementary to high school and beyond), committed leadership (not officials who just want to be on the plane and have a vacation), and support by the Government (maintain facilities) and the population (show up and support the young ones).  We want medals without planning for them, nor working for them. We are a people who want everything for little of nothing. "Gimme a bligh, nah!" Well it does not work like that in the real world when you have to lace up your shoes and compete mano a mano. Unless we change, we will always show up to games, grab one or two medals and then wring our hands with faux disgust. That's al I have to say.

:thumbsup:

You generally get what you deserve for your organisation, planning, promotion and support at the school level to senior level and until Trnis generally realise that we will keep wondering why Jamaica keeps consistently improving in track & field while T&T continues with the hit and miss from one Olympics to the next.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 04:07:32 PM by Socapro »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 04:20:50 PM »
 Storeboy, JA has more talented athlete than TT period. Why, because they nuture them to become world beaters. We don't have the mechanisms to do any thing. They have a bigger talent pool because of their bigger population. Some of us are getting hot around the collar because we did not get the expected medals projected. But that is our fault. From the first Carifta games in 72 to now, JA wins the medal count like a US national team basketball score. Tell me a year when TT won the most medals in the Carifta. These games are every year, not every 4 yrs and we still never done it right. JA wins 50 gold, TT luck to win 17.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 12:01:16 AM »
Deeks makes a good point.

Years ago I started to point out publicly that declining Carifta medals is a sign of a TNT athletics tree dying at the roots.

AS USUAL, what I said (by the usual group who somehow always feel threatened by me even though I have zero interest in anyone's job in TNT or anywhere else) was dismissed as "me crying down the youths". (That insult was one of the reasons I started to coach Khalifa)

Now, coming off of the worst Carifta Games medal total in memory...tell me - who do you see, in the TnT junior ranks, that will emerge as a world beater in the next 36 months?

...because if we don't have good answers then we have to start to find 'foreign' kids with TNT roots, stat.

That club system is producing very little now, but it's our 'feeder' system?

Look at the last individual medalists for TNT, at Worlds and Olympics + World Juniors and World Youth.

I'll start you - Jehue Gordon, Machel Cedenio, Khalifa St. Fort, Kelly-Ann Baptiste, Josanne Lucas, Renny Quow, Keshorn Walcott, Lalonde Gordon, Richard Thompson.

Now... tell me what factor jumps out at you.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 12:09:57 AM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 07:55:39 AM »
When I saw this I thought about Sorillo, Bledman, Lendore and other track athletes who did very poorly in their individual races  :D

https://www.facebook.com/therundowncnc3/photos/a.283845035302270.1073741828.271671296519644/311994039154036/?type=3&theater

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 09:57:13 AM »
Storeboy, JA has more talented athlete than TT period. Why, because they nuture them to become world beaters. We don't have the mechanisms to do any thing. They have a bigger talent pool because of their bigger population. Some of us are getting hot around the collar because we did not get the expected medals projected. But that is our fault. From the first Carifta games in 72 to now, JA wins the medal count like a US national team basketball score. Tell me a year when TT won the most medals in the Carifta. These games are every year, not every 4 yrs and we still never done it right. JA wins 50 gold, TT luck to win 17.
Deeks, maybe my statement was a little simplistic but I think we are on the same track.  What I meant was that we have the potential to be just as talented. The gene pool is similar. What we don't have is a system in place to unearth the talent, nor the national will to develop the raw talent that exists. We may never get as many medals as Jamaica since they have a larger pool, but compare the pool of US (300 million), India (1 billion), China (1.3 billion); yet Jamaica proportionally is better in track medals. But one bronze medal is a horrible output. We need a thorough reorganization of our athletic system and a population that supports all year, not just jump on the bandwagon at World championships and Olympics.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2016, 09:59:59 AM »
ok how about this. The simple point is you will not know how big or how much talent our country has right now until we make the necessary and appropriate effort to enhance our recruitment to reach out to all talent in T&T and have better coaching to develop our talent. I already said we need to have an efficient program here at home with quality coaching to develop our talent to its best potential.

Also we need to hire foreign coaches, we need the business community to come on board to invest in our youth. We have five track stadiums in T&T, other islands have just one, we have more resources than most islands as well.We need the men in charge of track and field (but all Olympic sports in general) to understand the whole system needs to be revamped because what was being tried has failed.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:02:45 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2016, 02:02:46 PM »
Ok forumites. Olympics done. Let us see what the NAAA do for this coming Carifta. let us see the way they prepare the team for that games NEXT YEAR. Carifta is about 6 months away. We want to see at least two TT athlete in every event in Carifta final. Forget  World relays and World Championship for the moment. Let's see what these people in charge do between now and April of next year. Let us see if we can win 50 medals in Carifta.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 02:34:02 PM by Deeks »

1]; } ?>